Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should freshly entering mages be given +10/+10 worth of random essences?

Yes
- 19 (46.3%)
No
- 9 (22%)
It should be more than that
- 6 (14.6%)
It should be less than that
- 7 (17.1%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Pages: 1 ... 319 320 [321] 322 323 ... 506

Author Topic: Roll to Magic: Turn 268 The finish line  (Read 1178168 times)

star2wars3

• Bay Watcher
  • Join The Dark Side!
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 145 Unpacking
« Reply #4800 on: March 03, 2016, 06:18:13 am »

Welp, looks like someone played essence roulet 1 to many times.

Skeliborn

Action: summons a blade that rapidly absorbs electricity.{sidd note but not related to the blade's creation: I'm calling the new blade Volten Vorn}

Stand between my fellow companions and the blast with 2 hands on the new blade facing straight at the blast.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2016, 06:23:57 am by star2wars3 »
((Batshit evil, pessimistic neutral and clumsy good cover nearly entire spectrum. Sadly, but optimists are a rare breed, that is currently running into extinction.))
((That tends to happen when you're optimistic enough to wait out the apocalypse. I wish them plenty of luck, but chances are they'll need it.))

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4801 on: March 03, 2016, 09:50:23 am »

Action edited to include some healing.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

ironsnake345

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOMAIN:REFERENCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4802 on: March 03, 2016, 10:04:33 am »

((Who is Eterna? I'm looking at the map and I see no one called Eterna.))
((Have you posted an action? I dont see an action besides your little "bargain," and that basically just ended up being flavor text))
I think I just retroactively murdered a less lucky version of myself from a parallel universe. Also do I still have a baguette?
Are my memes dank enough for you?
Thanks to the internet-cromancer, my internet has been revived. I'm back, baby!

thegamemaster1234

• Bay Watcher
  • [LINUX_USER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4803 on: March 03, 2016, 04:49:14 pm »

Although a good whack was one of the first things that came to mind, Jiksap realized it would be much, much easier to just use magic instead. Making the tumblers do his bidding can't be that hard, can it?

Also, suspicious mud spot. Hmmm.

Use a spell to unlock the lock. 1 essence afterwards. Keep a lookout for potential sea monsters, magical or mechanical chest traps, or other malignant phenomena.

ironsnake345

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4804 on: March 04, 2016, 06:10:33 pm »

((Am I wrong about the schedule or is the update a couple days late?))
I think I just retroactively murdered a less lucky version of myself from a parallel universe. Also do I still have a baguette?

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4805 on: March 04, 2016, 07:04:07 pm »

((The update schedule is technically supposed to be Thursday and Sunday these days. The schedule has kinda gone out the window since a hiatus during the holidays, though, so it's pretty typical.

I miss the days when I could actually rely on the schedule, honestly. Even so, I don't really think it's coming back. The game's become a bit too big for its own good.))

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4806 on: March 04, 2016, 07:13:29 pm »

((The update schedule is technically supposed to be Thursday and Sunday these days. The schedule has kinda gone out the window since a hiatus during the holidays, though, so it's pretty typical.

I miss the days when I could actually rely on the schedule, honestly. Even so, I don't really think it's coming back. The game's become a bit too big for its own good.))

((It might be true. I get distracted while writing updates, usually whenever I need to think about what effect will happen because of a LUCK roll or conjure up some random treasure and find myself with half the update unfinished at 2am. As for schedule, I still try to get an update each four days or so, which makes next update time tomorow and the one after that on wenesday. Will probably try to go back to wenesday and sunday/saturday updates from there, though again, I sometimes fuck up while writing.))
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

ironsnake345

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4807 on: March 04, 2016, 09:59:13 pm »

Spoiler: heartfelt excuse (click to show/hide)

((Oh man, I know the feel. I was getting a bit cofused with the schedule is all, is why I was asking. If you did manage to make it back on schedule, that'd be awesome, but hey, shit happens.  ;) ))
« Last Edit: March 05, 2016, 12:36:31 am by ironsnake345 »

Atomic Chicken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4808 on: March 05, 2016, 02:40:22 pm »

Continue exploring, travelling south-west. 3 essences.
As mentioned in the previous turn, the most exciting field of battle this year will be in the Arstotzkan capitol, with plenty of close-quarter fighting and siege warfare.  Arstotzka, accordingly, spent their design phase developing a high-altitude tactical bomber. 

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4809 on: March 05, 2016, 09:27:50 pm »

Turn 146

ok, so stay off the ground

enter the forest, staying in the branches of the trees, make 2 essences
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Seva climbed up one of the taller trees at the edge of the forest. Tree branches were less densely packed here than they were in the forest on the duck island, but they would hold, provided an occasional large leap between two large enough branches. Seva felt no desire to go on the ground and he was winged in case of a fall. He wondered what had happened. There was a branch bit far away, right? So he jumped and the branch turned out to be rotten and broke easily. He attempted to fly rather than fall and flew straight in another tree, which explained why it was somewhat difficult to breathe and why he was feeling taste of blood. Then he fell all the way down, hitting a few branches, which was good because they slowed him down. That was where scratches came from. Then there were few branches in last five meters and he missed all of them, which is why his left leg refused to move and was bent in a strange way. Now that his mind had caught up with the events, Seva felt his leg begin to send pain signals to him, telling him to do something and be quick about it.

Wayfarer was silent. As always. A new mask could wait until he had a means of defending himself. And that... would need more essences.
Such tedium. But that was outweighed by what he saw in the distance.

Wayfarer heads northwest(northeast?) to the edge of the icy area, but no further. While doing so, he also does another solid force essence roulette.

Wayfarer traveled northwest, towards frozen mountains in the distance. The mountains seemed strange, this close there should had been an effect, but the grass underneath his feet was still green. It marked the ice as clearly magical in origin and that could be used. A while after Wayfarer set off he noticed something very strange that both proved his hypothesis and raised new questions. As if there was an invisible line drawn, the green grass ended, giving way to tundra plants. He stopped before the line as his miscast magic caused his helmet to grow sharp horns.

"I'll make it easy for you, Chorkinaan. Give up the shards and I'll let you go."

Damn, and here I was thinking I could win this fight with resourcefulness. You're a dangerous foe, I'll give you that, but I've got some deadly magic under my hat too, AND a weapon. No deal, bestie!

Using his chaotic essence, Chorkinaan attempts to increase the rigidity of Henry the Best's skin as much as possible. If Henry can still move, he follows up with a good slash from the sword.
Quote from: Andres
stuff

Chorkinaan was first to move and he went for a swift stab, trying to poke henry in the gut, however even such a small movement was not fast enough, as Henry swiftly bent out of the way with a grace of imperial belly dancer. Henry's movement was fluid, and as he moved away from the sharp edge he flicked his hand towards Chorkinaan. It was a backhand slap, as actual fighting went it was more of an insult than an attack, but Chorkinaan merely poked and did not lunge for the very reason to avoid such attacks and Henry's hand only reached air. The spell on the hand dissipated and created a blast of air strong enough to send sand beneath flying.

That wasn't exactly how I planned this.

Gather fallen acrons/cones/other tree seeds. Or any fallen seeds that I come accross.
Craft 3 essences.
Shatter two shards if luck has not been against me so far.

Shias was bothered for a moment, but sprang to action. Trees probably wouldn't mind and there probably weren't that many predators around anyways. Besides, any hunter that would lose its prey just from this was not worth full stomach anyways. Shias looked around and gathered a handful of seeds for later use. His preparations done, he chose to expedite the exploration. Something of interest was bound to be drawn to pure power that was in the shards, and they were so easy to use. Shias broke a pair and almost instantly, ground began to shift nearby. A loud screech emerged from the moving dirt, followed by surfacing of a face that had entirely too many sharp teeth to be natural. It was a smile that would had put an anglerfish to shame. The creature looked at Shias and dived back underground. Muddy water began to ripple and the ripples began rapidly nearing wood encased druid.

Recuperate somewhat, check if thermal balance is good to go. Explore, make 3 essences. Else, heat up and explore.

Kahel felt cold. And also wet. He was getting colder and if he hadn't known it was impossible he'd had sworn that he was getting more wet as well. Kahel raised his hands above his chest and sent a wave of heat into his wet clothes. Now he was warm and wet. But cold was returning. Kahel tried to dry the clothes but flames danced on his fingertips, searing them and leaving clothes untouched. There was an alternative to this, he thought. Kahel got up and began pacing around the tiny island. There was little of interest unless one was interested in small rocks, but the exercise might keep him warmer than lying about would.  On seventy-third step, which Kahel knew, because he counted to keep his mind away from the cold, the pebbles began to move as sand underneath them rose upwards. The pile of sand rose full six feet when it's bottom became a bit smaller giving the whole thing somewhat round shape. It was a gargantuan ball of sand. Before Kahel could come to terms with what was happening, the ball of sand leapt towards him. While Kahel was still wondering just what was happening, Kahels legs moved and threw him aside. The ball barely scratched him, causing no real damage, but it seemed to wobble around suspiciously and Kahel prepared himself for another jump.

+3 essences. Again.

Gloomy felt that the tower had finished charging up its systems. He knew because power from auras began coursing through him. It was nice to have them again, and not only because of power. There were several courses that were very straightforward, for example the one that damaged all major arteries, making a person bleed to death in minutes. Now that healing aura was up, he'd be able to experiment with far more dangerous curses with far less risk.

Begin investigating the site by the geyser

Bernardo proceeded towards the magic charged dust cloud in the distance. Proceeding was kind of like walking, but it was a special kind of walking that anyone even remotely related to being a copper knew how to do. One could proceed for hours without getting tired or standing out in the crowd. Neither quality was particularly relevant at the moment but Bernardo did it out of habit. The dust clouds were repainting themselves in various colors while gravel on the ground was moving around quite unnaturally. It was clear sorcery and there was probably someone to be arrested in the center of this. Of course, if he went in, the criminal might escape while the clouds were blocking Bernardo’s sight. It was a tricky situation.

Craft three essences. Follow Jiksap wherever he heads to.

Bob looked around. Regaining his wizardly form did nothing to clear up where exactly Jiksap was, and his raptors had no idea either. He probably was near to one of hearts of magic, though Jiksap didn’t know where to find one around here. There was some merit to the idea of just waiting for him to show up but that was rather unproductive. Unconsciously, Bob decided to wait until he thought up some better method of searching.

Welp, looks like someone played essence roulet 1 to many times.

Skeliborn

Action: summons a blade that rapidly absorbs electricity.{sidd note but not related to the blade's creation: I'm calling the new blade Volten Vorn}

Stand between my fellow companions and the blast with 2 hands on the new blade facing straight at the blast.

Heal myself and Gambler after the lightning storm.

Then pull Gambler out of the mud. Use helicopter mode if it helps. Then continue on our way.

James and Skeliborn both charged into the strange liquid after Gambler, both intending to save him a possibly unwarranted electric shock. Skeliborn conjured up a new blade of what appeared to be coal, rushed through the muck to Gambler and raised the blade high above his head. James was there a moment later, trying to drag Gambler away. Something more than just the thickness of liquid resisted him, but after a few good tugs it let go and James managed to drag Gambler ashore. The storm above discharged, sending its power to where Gambler was a moment ago and where Skeliborn was now. It went through the sword, then through Skeliborn's arms and then into the water. Thunderclap rolled over the land, smell of ozone spread around and Skeliborn fell backwards into the water. His hands were still frozen in place around the sword but his arms were bent in strange places. When electricity coursed through his muscles they twitched with enough strength to snap bone. Completely paralyzed, Skeliborn floated on whatever the liquid was.

Form 3 essences, go east.

Cuberac, his deal complete, headed eastwards. There was some interesting stuff going on there, not least of which was reappearance of Tower. The gates were still closed, but that still left the cloud of strange magic. The more Cuberac thought about the cloud the more suspicious of it he got. Could it be a summoning ritual? Some sort of excavation? Some semi-natural occurrence? Whatever it was, it fascinated Cuberac.

Follow Cuberac and create 3 essences, also can you pm me what the ??? is in my inventory

Blake went after Cuberac, but what promised to be an interesting chase immediately ended when Cuberac walked away ponderously slowly, Blake was walking and he still had to slow down to not overtake Cuberac. It's one of the strange phenomena of time, whenever someone walks slower than they usually do, the time seems to stop for them. Even a short trip left Blake bored.

Continue exploring, travelling south-west. 3 essences.

Ilium continued on his path of exploration towards treasure and glory. At least he dreamt about treasure and glory. What he did find was frogs, dead trees, frogs, stinking swamp gass, frogs, a giant toad, frogs, and about twelve mud patches, each of which atempted to steal his shoes. Ilium had expected better of the world but the lazy thing refused to provide.

Although a good whack was one of the first things that came to mind, Jiksap realized it would be much, much easier to just use magic instead. Making the tumblers do his bidding can't be that hard, can it?

Also, suspicious mud spot. Hmmm.

Use a spell to unlock the lock. 1 essence afterwards. Keep a lookout for potential sea monsters, magical or mechanical chest traps, or other malignant phenomena.

Jiksap focused his power onto the box in his hands, exploring the surprisingly complex mechanism beneath. Whoever crafted the box had intended their work to protect something of great interest to people with great lock picking and spying skills, or at least with money to hire people with such skills. Pity that the artificer who made this had neglected magical protections. The great complexity of the lock would still prove a challenge as this spell hadn't enough power in it to unlock entirety of the lock and trying it piecemeal had the uncomfortable chance of setting off one of numerous trap systems in the lock. While Jiksap was working on his loot, the disturbance in the mud grew steadily.

« Last Edit: March 08, 2016, 04:55:32 pm by DreamerGhost »
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4810 on: March 05, 2016, 09:28:25 pm »

Sorry secret keepers, PM's will again arive tomorow.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 146 Crits all around
« Reply #4811 on: March 05, 2016, 10:43:48 pm »

((Stop dodging so I can murder you!))

Punch Chorkinaan in the skull, using kinesis magic to increase the kinetic energy of his skull going through his brain. (This ensures so that even if I get high POT/low CMP roll, it's his skull that explodes (as opposed to going straight backwards) rather than my hand.)
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

star2wars3

• Bay Watcher
  • Join The Dark Side!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4812 on: March 05, 2016, 10:53:25 pm »

Ow. That hurt. A lot. Ugh.  Still, could have been worse. Any explosion you can walk away from... Oh wait.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2016, 01:39:27 pm by star2wars3 »
((Batshit evil, pessimistic neutral and clumsy good cover nearly entire spectrum. Sadly, but optimists are a rare breed, that is currently running into extinction.))
((That tends to happen when you're optimistic enough to wait out the apocalypse. I wish them plenty of luck, but chances are they'll need it.))

DAPARROT

• Bay Watcher
  • More parrots
    • View Profile
« Reply #4813 on: March 06, 2016, 03:10:30 am »

Replace my legs with parrots legs, of the same size,use all non-chaotic essences, see if the crystal bird can help
« Last Edit: March 06, 2016, 01:26:29 pm by DAPARROT »
I should probably introduce the actual plot soon
7/11 guy, bringer of the apocabeepse. Uplifter of threads. Herald of the hive.

Atomic Chicken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4814 on: March 06, 2016, 12:40:23 pm »

((I think my turn may have been missed.))

((That aside, a suggestion: DG, could you mark the tower on the map if it's officially present? It's quite an important landmark in my opinion.

Also, can anyone explain how rituals currently work? I see no mention of them in the OP, and I'm not even sure whether we're still using the original system.))

As mentioned in the previous turn, the most exciting field of battle this year will be in the Arstotzkan capitol, with plenty of close-quarter fighting and siege warfare.  Arstotzka, accordingly, spent their design phase developing a high-altitude tactical bomber. 
Pages: 1 ... 319 320 [321] 322 323 ... 506