Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should freshly entering mages be given +10/+10 worth of random essences?

Yes
- 19 (46.3%)
No
- 9 (22%)
It should be more than that
- 6 (14.6%)
It should be less than that
- 7 (17.1%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Pages: 1 ... 326 327 [328] 329 330 ... 506

Author Topic: Roll to Magic: Turn 268 The finish line  (Read 1182813 times)

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 149 Motherload has landed
« Reply #4905 on: March 20, 2016, 05:04:07 pm »

Gloomy jot down notes on the cursed items he's created thus far: the mirror, the arrows, and the dagger.

also +3 essences

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4906 on: March 20, 2016, 06:05:59 pm »

((Ok seriously!? Another 6 and 7 for my casting rolls, another 1 for STR, and another 5 DEX he dodged with. Such bullshit.))

Crush 5 shards and hope it heals me. Take an aggressive stance, forsaking all defence. Punch Chorkinaan in the skull, using kinesis magic to increase the kinetic energy of his skull going through his brain. (This ensures so that even if I get high POT/low CMP roll, it's his skull that explodes (as opposed to going straight backwards) rather than my hand.) If I kill him and the shards I crushed didn't heal me already, I'll immediately use the 10 shards I'll get to get the Healing affinity and heal myself.

((EDIT: I'm not actually mad or anything. They're just rolls.))
« Last Edit: March 21, 2016, 04:46:07 pm by Andres »
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4907 on: March 20, 2016, 06:57:26 pm »

Craft 6 essences, and watch what's going on with this Xom guy. Seems he's having issues without his magic.
Yep, the sig is here
Whoops. Well, shit. Typical salsacookies.
I don't need my cavities checked. I just went to the dentist! Ba-dum-tiss.
I am a Christian

DAPARROT

• Bay Watcher
  • More parrots
    • View Profile
« Reply #4908 on: March 20, 2016, 07:27:49 pm »

keep traveling through the forest, looking for a magical location, also make 2 essences
I should probably introduce the actual plot soon
7/11 guy, bringer of the apocabeepse. Uplifter of threads. Herald of the hive.

star2wars3

• Bay Watcher
  • Join The Dark Side!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4909 on: March 20, 2016, 07:49:56 pm »

Skeliborn, just about to crush what remained of the carbon rod that in one form had caused him so much agony suddenly had an epiphany.

Skeletons are made of bone and most life bones are carbon based. I can use this knowldege...

Skeliborn:

Action:

Traverse just outside the site of the skeletons, making an enormous blade summoning circle around the tower. Create the circle by cutting a line through the ground with Vortex Bane. Be careful not to get spotted by potential enemies. (As a trade off, I go slower)

Summon 3 essences while traveling.

((It was massive summoning circle or massive eldritch portal. This is much safer.))

Skeliborn:

Action:

Go back to where the Gambler was. (where this new meteor landed)

summon a flaming sword and light the lake on fire with it.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2016, 03:42:30 pm by star2wars3 »
((Batshit evil, pessimistic neutral and clumsy good cover nearly entire spectrum. Sadly, but optimists are a rare breed, that is currently running into extinction.))
((That tends to happen when you're optimistic enough to wait out the apocalypse. I wish them plenty of luck, but chances are they'll need it.))

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4910 on: March 20, 2016, 09:00:26 pm »

Wayfarer was two things: silent, and irritated.
The hunk of solid force had grown a tad bit more than he intended.
And it nearly hurt him.
And it was going to be a tad bit more difficult to shape into a weapon. But...
Wayfarer smirked under his mask. He would have a weapon. One way or another.

Wayfarer uses his chaotic +1 CMP essence, his chaotic +1/+1 essence, 2 +1 POT essences, and 3 +1 CMP essences, and crushes his last shard for +1 POT, and shapes(0) the hunk of solid force into a sword(0 because shaping) that absorbs the kinetic energy exerted on it by gravity(-?).
Afterwards, he makes 2 solid force essences.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

ironsnake345

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOMAIN:REFERENCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4911 on: March 21, 2016, 12:01:37 pm »

((Ok seriously!? Another 6 and 7 for my casting rolls, another 1 for STR, and another 5 DEX he dodged with. Such bullshit.))

((I know, right? I'm getting so lucky right now! On the bright side, all these blasts of air are making you look really badass.))

Chorkinaan continues with his strategy and continues monologuing, ready to cap off his gloating as Henry begins to lose consciousness From blood loss. To be the best wizard, it takes might, it takes finesse, it takes skill! But above all, more than anything else, to be the best wizard takes four things:
« Last Edit: March 21, 2016, 12:12:48 pm by ironsnake345 »
I think I just retroactively murdered a less lucky version of myself from a parallel universe. Also do I still have a baguette?
Are my memes dank enough for you?
Thanks to the internet-cromancer, my internet has been revived. I'm back, baby!

star2wars3

• Bay Watcher
  • Join The Dark Side!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4912 on: March 21, 2016, 01:34:54 pm »

((I know, right? I'm getting so lucky right now! On the bright side, all these blasts of air are making you look really badass.))

Chorkinaan continues with his strategy and continues monologuing, ready to cap off his gloating as Henry begins to lose consciousness From blood loss. To be the best wizard, it takes might, it takes finesse, it takes skill! But above all, more than anything else, to be the best wizard takes four things:

((Waiting for the rest of the rant.))
((Batshit evil, pessimistic neutral and clumsy good cover nearly entire spectrum. Sadly, but optimists are a rare breed, that is currently running into extinction.))
((That tends to happen when you're optimistic enough to wait out the apocalypse. I wish them plenty of luck, but chances are they'll need it.))

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4913 on: March 21, 2016, 03:55:14 pm »

"Now that's some good news, and a good plan. Just how did Jase manage to bring the tower over on such short notice?"

Try to communicate with the Eyeblob using blinking, hand signals, and words to see if it understands or reacts to anything.
Assuming nothing goes wrong keep traveling south, Eyeblob can follow if it wants. Fly at a low hover using the omnicube's mini helicopter mode.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Zormod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4914 on: March 21, 2016, 05:17:49 pm »

Essence roullete, please.

ironsnake345

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOMAIN:REFERENCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4915 on: March 21, 2016, 07:53:03 pm »

((Waiting for the rest of the rant.))
((I can't wait to bring this home. I'm loving this fight.))
I think I just retroactively murdered a less lucky version of myself from a parallel universe. Also do I still have a baguette?
Are my memes dank enough for you?
Thanks to the internet-cromancer, my internet has been revived. I'm back, baby!

H4zardZ1

• Bay Watcher
  • Mostly Harmless
    • View Profile
« Reply #4916 on: March 22, 2016, 05:12:28 am »

(Let's see if this works...)
Punch the cube above the throne. Empower my arm with electricity when i am punching it.
Quote from: Rock
Quote from: Comrade Qwasich
Stop bullying children
I can't
I have to bully children
Sigtext and other things

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #4917 on: March 22, 2016, 12:03:10 pm »

When next spike strikes, pretend to die and wait until it begins eating me. Then make my suit extend its spikes through its skull.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4918 on: March 22, 2016, 01:07:04 pm »

(Let's see if this works...)
Punch the cube above the throne. Empower my arm with electricity when i am punching it.

{You do understand that the electricity will do nothing to actually protect your arm from what you are trying to do, yes?}
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4919 on: March 23, 2016, 09:55:26 am »

PM'd action.

EDIT: If I go, take that book I found with me.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2016, 10:07:48 am by Whisperling »
Pages: 1 ... 326 327 [328] 329 330 ... 506