Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should freshly entering mages be given +10/+10 worth of random essences?

Yes
- 19 (46.3%)
No
- 9 (22%)
It should be more than that
- 6 (14.6%)
It should be less than that
- 7 (17.1%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Pages: 1 ... 327 328 [329] 330 331 ... 506

Author Topic: Roll to Magic: Turn 268 The finish line  (Read 1180487 times)

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 149 Motherload has landed
« Reply #4920 on: March 23, 2016, 03:25:40 pm »

Raising on his feet again, Kahel smirked and carefully weaved a final spell to finish and glass his foe.

Turn sand into glass through heat application! 2 remaining essences.
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

Prismatic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4921 on: March 23, 2016, 05:56:57 pm »

"You have no idea what damage your interruption has just done, do you? HERE, LET'S SHARE THE FUN!"

Run towards the sheriff, attempting to assume elemental form. Give the guy a bear hug. 

((I envisage many amusingly miserable failures. Bring it on DG!))

ironsnake345

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOMAIN:REFERENCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4922 on: March 23, 2016, 06:23:52 pm »

"You have no idea what damage your interruption has just done, do you? HERE, LET'S SHARE THE FUN!"

Run towards the sheriff, attempting to assume elemental form. Give the guy a bear hug. 

((I envisage many amusingly miserable failures. Bring it on DG!))
((Aren't you trapped inside a prism with a portal shaped like a bear?))
I think I just retroactively murdered a less lucky version of myself from a parallel universe. Also do I still have a baguette?
Are my memes dank enough for you?
Thanks to the internet-cromancer, my internet has been revived. I'm back, baby!

Prismatic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4923 on: March 24, 2016, 03:51:13 am »

((I'm...actually not sure about that. The way I interpreted the previous turn, a pyramid-shaped floating object appeared close to Xom, rather than him being enclosed by a prism. I overlooked the "structure of sulfur" entirely. DG, could you clarify?

Oh, and the portal beast is technically never described as being bear-shaped. That's the bear hug you're thinking of. :P ))

ironsnake345

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4924 on: March 24, 2016, 11:56:56 am »

((I'm...actually not sure about that. The way I interpreted the previous turn, a pyramid-shaped floating object appeared close to Xom, rather than him being enclosed by a prism. I overlooked the "structure of sulfur" entirely. DG, could you clarify?

Oh, and the portal beast is technically never described as being bear-shaped. That's the bear hug you're thinking of. :P ))
((Oh yeah. I think you're right. Carry on, Xom.))
I think I just retroactively murdered a less lucky version of myself from a parallel universe. Also do I still have a baguette?

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4925 on: March 24, 2016, 12:03:05 pm »

You are indeed not traped. The pyramid is just another unknown thing that wants you dead.
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

ironsnake345

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4926 on: March 24, 2016, 01:54:29 pm »

You are indeed not traped. The pyramid is just another unknown thing that wants you dead.
((That awkward moment when everything wants you dead, up to and including magical architecture.))

star2wars3

• Bay Watcher
  • Join The Dark Side!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4927 on: March 24, 2016, 02:36:59 pm »

((That awkward moment when everything wants you dead, up to and including magical architecture.))
((Don't worry. I assure you that magic has wanted all of us dead at one time or another))
((Batshit evil, pessimistic neutral and clumsy good cover nearly entire spectrum. Sadly, but optimists are a rare breed, that is currently running into extinction.))
((That tends to happen when you're optimistic enough to wait out the apocalypse. I wish them plenty of luck, but chances are they'll need it.))

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4928 on: March 24, 2016, 02:50:32 pm »

((Don't worry. I assure you that magic has wanted all of us dead at one time or another))

((Eh... Not really. Viznor has been pretty lucky so far, although that might be because he's taken exactly one trip outside the Tower since it was created.))

Prismatic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4929 on: March 24, 2016, 03:16:15 pm »

((Well, at least the weather here's great...right?))

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4930 on: March 24, 2016, 04:24:12 pm »

Weather further than three meters away from you is mostly sulfuric acid and gravity fluctuations.
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

star2wars3

• Bay Watcher
  • Join The Dark Side!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4931 on: March 24, 2016, 07:46:19 pm »

Weather further than three meters away from you is mostly sulfuric acid and gravity fluctuations.
((I'm in an eldritch hex. Mere sulfuric acid and gravity fluctuations are much better weather.))
((Batshit evil, pessimistic neutral and clumsy good cover nearly entire spectrum. Sadly, but optimists are a rare breed, that is currently running into extinction.))
((That tends to happen when you're optimistic enough to wait out the apocalypse. I wish them plenty of luck, but chances are they'll need it.))

H4zardZ1

• Bay Watcher
  • Mostly Harmless
    • View Profile
« Reply #4932 on: March 25, 2016, 08:37:44 am »

(Let's see if this works...)
Punch the cube above the throne. Empower my arm with electricity when i am punching it.

{You do understand that the electricity will do nothing to actually protect your arm from what you are trying to do, yes?}
((Yep, increasing strength of the punch only.))

((I'm in an eldritch hex. Mere sulfuric acid and gravity fluctuations are much better weather.))
((Not to mention leftovers of a strange goop rain and a flung electric bolt))
Quote from: Rock
Quote from: Comrade Qwasich
Stop bullying children
I can't
I have to bully children
Sigtext and other things

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4933 on: March 25, 2016, 03:15:36 pm »

Turn 150

Gloomy jot down notes on the cursed items he's created thus far: the mirror, the arrows, and the dagger.

also +3 essences
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Gloomy, having barely allowed his fingers to cool from magic of creating his book of curses was already looking for ways to improve it. Writing down assorted knowledge in such books also gave them power, although it was comparatively minor compared to actual spellwriting. Gloomy looked around him for something to write with, but knowing that nothing of the sorts was to be found here, pulled out one of his frost arrows. Books of magic were useful in such cases, as they would remember how the magic item moved around them, and if it formed words, they could later conjure ink to solidify such memories. Carefully, Gloomy wrote down what he had created before.

Crush 5 shards and hope it heals me. Take an aggressive stance, forsaking all defence. Punch Chorkinaan in the skull, using kinesis magic to increase the kinetic energy of his skull going through his brain. (This ensures so that even if I get high POT/low CMP roll, it's his skull that explodes (as opposed to going straight backwards) rather than my hand.) If I kill him and the shards I crushed didn't heal me already, I'll immediately use the 10 shards I'll get to get the Healing affinity and heal myself.
Chorkinaan continues with his strategy and continues monologuing, ready to cap off his gloating as Henry begins to lose consciousness From blood loss. To be the best wizard, it takes might, it takes finesse, it takes skill! But above all, more than anything else, to be the best wizard takes four things:

Henry felt the beat of his heart slowing. He crushed his five shards and looked as magic left them and plunged into the sea. Someone would get to have a bad time, but it did not matter to him anymore. He had seconds left, no more. In last all or nothing gamble he encased his fist in magic and charged Chorkinaan. If he managed to hit just this one time, he could still fix this. Even if he just grazed his enemy again, he'd at elast be able to take Chorkinaan down with him. Chorkinaan knew this as well, which is why, when Henry charged, Chorkinaan danced out of the way leaving just his leg extended in Henry's path. Henry fell and struck earth, blasting away enough sand to reveal waterline beneath. He fell to never rise again. Henry the Best was no more.

Craft 6 essences, and watch what's going on with this Xom guy. Seems he's having issues without his magic.

The white gleaming top of the pyramid gleamed even whiter and an equally bright white light lanced at where Xom used to be, separating ground into several piles of monochrome dust. Xom, entirely unperturbed by being shot at order powered disintegration rays, charged at Bernardo. He was the one responsible for destroying his playground and calling the police pyramid. It was very impolite of him, but Xom knew that it was only because Bernardo never had a good chance to have fun. Xom, being kind and generous wizard, charged at Bernardo with full intent of having the sheriff join the fun rather than impede it for once. It was why Xom’s body went through several dozen forms while Xom flew past Bernardo, who had wisely moved aside.

Xom landed in the dirt, back to his usual self, but his shapeshifting was not entirely without effect. The beast in the center of the whole mess was momentarily puzzled. It had thought that wizard next to it had called it to bind it, but the wizard ran away and turned into a creature of chaos. Comprehension dawned in what passed for a mind within the beast and it leapt upon the pyramid, dragging it down and trying to tear it apart. Where two met, they burned, but pyramid, being magical, pyramidal and made of stone held off the attack with little damage.

keep traveling through the forest, looking for a magical location, also make 2 essences

Seva wandered through the branches. The fall, subsequent flight and subsequent fall again brought him deeper in the forest, where branches were closer to each other and trees were larger. It made traveling above ground relatively easy, but while observing things from a distance was safer, it was also far harder to make out interesting details. Seva continued his journey finding only more tracks of supermoles that terrorized the area.

Wayfarer was two things: silent, and irritated.
The hunk of solid force had grown a tad bit more than he intended.
And it nearly hurt him.
And it was going to be a tad bit more difficult to shape into a weapon. But...
Wayfarer smirked under his mask. He would have a weapon. One way or another.

Wayfarer uses his chaotic +1 CMP essence, his chaotic +1/+1 essence, 2 +1 POT essences, and 3 +1 CMP essences, and crushes his last shard for +1 POT, and shapes(0) the hunk of solid force into a sword(0 because shaping) that absorbs the kinetic energy exerted on it by gravity(-?).
Afterwards, he makes 2 solid force essences.

Wayfarer wanted a weapon before all else. Good armor was just as important, but that took longer to make. The slab before him melted and fell in a familiar shape but of unfamiliar size. Wayfarers spell striped the bindings of gravity from the new forged blade while the spark of life in his magic went further, making the blade feel less massive for the one wielding it. Between these two enchantments, the five meter long and meter wide blade Wayfarer had just made was almost wieldable.

"Now that's some good news, and a good plan. Just how did Jase manage to bring the tower over on such short notice?"

Try to communicate with the Eyeblob using blinking, hand signals, and words to see if it understands or reacts to anything.
Assuming nothing goes wrong keep traveling south, Eyeblob can follow if it wants. Fly at a low hover using the omnicube's mini helicopter mode.

James looked at the heap of flesh decorated liberally with eyes. It looked back, parts of it moving around rhythmically. James blinked first, and after some more observation, found that the thing didn’t blink at all. As an inside joke, James named the creature Blinky and continued his attempts to communicate. The creature didn't seem to react to blinking or flailing of arms, and did none of the commands James expressed by voice but it was possible it was just too proud to be commanded like that. Still, as James reconfigured his minicopter and began flying, Blinky followed close behind.

Essence roullete, please.

Cuberac was waiting. He did not know for what exactly, but he was patient and there was nothing nearby to disturb him. However, he was there to disturb what was around him. Nearby geyser shot out water in cubes of various sizes as more of Cuberac's magic leaked out. The cubes fell to the ground and ran off in currents of tiny droplet sized cubes.

When next spike strikes, pretend to die and wait until it begins eating me. Then make my suit extend its spikes through its skull.

Intimidation didn’t seem to work, the creature was braver than average, thought Shias. Of course, it was just as possible that the creature simply didn’t notice the whole spell due to being underground, but Shias discarded that train of thought before that particular stop. Another plan sprang to mind, as he stood calmly and allowed the spike strike him. The spike barely scratched the surface of the wood, but Shias fell forward with a heavy *thud* and remained motionless, waiting for the creature to try to eat its lunch. The creature however, remained motionless, for some reason unwilling to approach.

(Let's see if this works...)
Punch the cube above the throne. Empower my arm with electricity when i am punching it.

Ability of human body is far more amazing than what people believe it to be. That is because while human body can do a whole lot of astonishing things, it is not built to survive them. It is one of the reasons why nobody attempts to reach the edge of ability, the other being psychological and biological safety mechanisms preventing such attempts. Eterna bypassed most of these safety mechanisms with his electrical power and struck the offending gold cube. There was a crack akin to a thunderclap at the moment of impact as cube collided with the backrest of the throne, leaving a few inches of seat free to use. The clap was loud enough to completely block out Eternas finger bones shattering into many sharp pieces.

Raising on his feet again, Kahel smirked and carefully weaved a final spell to finish and glass his foe.

Turn sand into glass through heat application! 2 remaining essences.

Once more Kahel attacked the blob with heat, but this time he shaped it like a spear, focusing it in one area. Something boiled away again but the sand did not fall away, it melted and turned into glass, catching on nearby sand like an invisible jellyfish. The ball jumped at Kahel, but this time the jump was so halfhearted that Kahels rather impressive dodge roll went entirely to waste. The thing collapsed and stopped moving.

Spoiler: Map (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 25, 2016, 04:46:26 pm by DreamerGhost »

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 150 Duels abound
« Reply #4934 on: March 25, 2016, 03:18:07 pm »

PM's are being processed.

Star2Wars3/Skeliborn your turn is not there because it depends quite a bit on what Gambler does, and there is no post as of yet. I'll wait a day, and if I get no action from XXXXYYYY I'll just add your action to the turn.
Pages: 1 ... 327 328 [329] 330 331 ... 506