Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should freshly entering mages be given +10/+10 worth of random essences?

Yes
- 19 (46.3%)
No
- 9 (22%)
It should be more than that
- 6 (14.6%)
It should be less than that
- 7 (17.1%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 506

Author Topic: Roll to Magic: Turn 268 The finish line  (Read 1164004 times)

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 27 Unstealable
« Reply #495 on: September 12, 2014, 01:19:02 pm »

((Is there space for one more?))
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #496 on: September 12, 2014, 01:23:44 pm »

((+1/+1 - one is death, one is shadow. You can check this in turns 25&26 - seems like you added a shadow essence from turn 26 to essence from turn 25.))

((Fix'd. One thing though. I realy should not allow you to get away with just phasing the lock. It's neither made of shadow/death, nor infused with it.))

((Is it a magic duck?))

((Yes. The control you'd be able to exert over it would be rather small, tho.))

((Is there space for one more?))
((There is always room for more. Post your char sheet and welcome aboard.))

The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: September 12, 2014, 01:28:32 pm »

Right. Here's the sheet.

Name: Aoshi
Affinity: Vectors
STR= 0
DEX= 3
SPD= 1
END= 1
POT= 3

And here's the color.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #498 on: September 12, 2014, 01:54:35 pm »

Right. Here's the sheet.

Name: Aoshi
Affinity: Vectors
STR= 0
DEX= 3
SPD= 1
END= 1
POT= 3

And here's the color.

((While it is nice to have people as precise as you, I would still prefer the collours to be writen using a word, not code. Makes it much easyer to remember and does not require to copy from quote over to each turn. You will join the game on next turn, which, if Salsacoockies makes a post, will be tomorow.))
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #499 on: September 12, 2014, 01:58:54 pm »

((OK. How about this then? White / Blue))
Old sigs.
Games.

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #500 on: September 12, 2014, 02:58:54 pm »

((+1/+1 - one is death, one is shadow. You can check this in turns 25&26 - seems like you added a shadow essence from turn 26 to essence from turn 25.))

((Fix'd. One thing though. I realy should not allow you to get away with just phasing the lock. It's neither made of shadow/death, nor infused with it.))
((Heh. Who says you should? Still, Whaz (being quite incompetent magician) does not know limits of his power and must try them to understand this. Although I will appreciate partial success in case of ridiculous luck.))
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #501 on: September 12, 2014, 04:07:00 pm »

((DG, that just means I need more essences. I have my endgame plan!))
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #502 on: September 13, 2014, 04:19:47 pm »

Try to sense some miasmic energies from the alien area
Yep, the sig is here
Whoops. Well, shit. Typical salsacookies.
I don't need my cavities checked. I just went to the dentist! Ba-dum-tiss.
I am a Christian

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #503 on: September 14, 2014, 02:48:34 pm »

Turn 28

LUCK [9]

Just as James got off the mech wanting to see what Grundar was up, he saw the troll scurying over with something in his hands. "Hey boss, I found something interesting. I swear I havent looked inside" Indeed he hasn't, as puzzle based lock was still locked. Luckily for healer, the puzzle was a familiar one and easy to solve at that. Inside, among some asorted gemstones lay an amulet. Amulet itself was like an puzzle. Various pieces that made up the amulet were carefuly aranged as to not fall out from shock or hasty flings. Aside from looking fancy, the configurations had an added bonus of dampening any spell that would be cast upon the wearer.

Use Both essences on a rock that can translate languages and put it in the funnel

((I asume you meant the enchantment esenses))

CMP [2+2+1=5]
POT [1+1+2=4]
LUCK [1]

David, not quite happy with his rather random megaphone, atempted to create a fix for it. In retrospect, using two esenses with inteligence of their own might not have been a very great idea. Whatever words said to the stone would return in elder tongue, not quite enough to drive an experienced mage insane instantly, yet prolonged exposure would be most unadvised.

"Hey Crimson, if this teleporter is like the other one I found, you need shards to activate it."

Two more aether essences.
"Ok... Two shards for the portal!"

But create a force essence before that.

CMP [2+1=3]
POT [1+1=2]
CMP [5]
POT [6]

CMP [6+1=7]
POT [1+1=2]

Duo of mages crafted some esenses to prepeare for whatever awaited them beyond the portal gate. Jase created an esense of precision and a normal one, while Crimson created a chaotic yet guiding esense. Wether that was a good sign or a bad one was anyones guess.

LUCK [6]

As mage sacrificed a pair of shards, a single point in the middle of the portal apeared. Out of that point a stream of stone dust spiled forth, swirled around the bright spot for a while, and wwith blinding speed flew into place. From the swirling dust a tall stone arch formed. The sight through the arch was far from the bland wall of a cave. It was far from anything what could be found anywhere on the island. The portal led to a forest of brightly collored mushrooms, each several meters tall. Within the "forrest" great number of annimals could had been seen runing away from the sudenly apeared portal archway.

"So it seems that I found my best opponent for using magical arts... Big, unresponsive and durable. Curse this door!"

Seeing that death magic and my honed body failed in opening the door, I use shadow magic to phase doorlock out of reality (-1 for ethereal, 1 shadow essence).

CMP [4+1+1-1=5]
POT [6+1=7]
LUCK [1]
DEX [3]

Whaz commanded the lock to go away. The lock remained there. Whaz started to shout threats at the lock. The obstacle remained stalwart. Whaz tried to scare the lock away, yet his oponent proved to have nerves of steel. Having exhausted all other options, Shadow mage atepted to phase the lock out. As he recited his command and burned through a shadow esense, great ammount of shadows colected around him and surged towards the lock. Then they stoped there, as if confused. The spell was a paradox, a command that could not happen. Shadows started tearing at each other, and within a single moment all power contained within the spell combusted, exploding in concentraded blasts towards entirely random directions. Shadow mage just could not get away unscached, spell blasted him away, coloring him entirely in black.

Try to sense some miasmic energies from the alien area

CMP [4]
POT [5+1=6]
LUCK [8]

Witness stoped at the edge of alien fields and listened. Not with his ears, but with his power. There was something there, something calling out to him. Nearby. It would soon know that the signal was heard.

From within the main portal a new chalenger steped forth. Aoshi, the great guide had come to direct the flow of life an power within this realm. The only one to pass maze of horrors, his skill of changing paths would prove lethal to many.

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 28 Exploration for Exploitation
« Reply #504 on: September 14, 2014, 03:02:58 pm »

Enter the fields
Yep, the sig is here
Whoops. Well, shit. Typical salsacookies.
I don't need my cavities checked. I just went to the dentist! Ba-dum-tiss.
I am a Christian

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #505 on: September 14, 2014, 03:28:57 pm »

Alter it with runes using the runic essence to have an English language setting.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2014, 05:35:06 pm by The Froggy Ninja »

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #506 on: September 14, 2014, 03:42:40 pm »

"Thank you Grundar. Good work. If you want something, let me know."
Put the amulet on. Heck yeah, protection from magic!
My mech got unlocked, right? Climb in and try moving the arms and taking a few steps.
And of course craft 1 summoning essence and one healing essence.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #507 on: September 15, 2014, 09:52:25 am »

"Hmm, yes, yes. This pocket world needs my guiding hand. I can already see the path forming."

Create two vector essences.
Head towards the volcano (greeting any mages I pass by) and look for two nice, fist sized rocks suitable for skull-bash...*cough* ...for applied guidance.
Old sigs.
Games.

Crimson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #508 on: September 15, 2014, 10:22:19 pm »

"Shall we?"

Create three essences in preparation. [Edit:] Oh yeah, then go through the portal.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2014, 04:01:26 am by Crimson »

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #509 on: September 15, 2014, 11:17:24 pm »

"Indeed. This should be fun."

Two more aether essences, then through the portal.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 506