Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should freshly entering mages be given +10/+10 worth of random essences?

Yes
- 19 (46.3%)
No
- 9 (22%)
It should be more than that
- 6 (14.6%)
It should be less than that
- 7 (17.1%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Pages: 1 ... 329 330 [331] 332 333 ... 506

Author Topic: Roll to Magic: Turn 268 The finish line  (Read 1181290 times)

ironsnake345

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOMAIN:REFERENCES]
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 150 Duels abound
« Reply #4950 on: March 26, 2016, 06:23:39 pm »

((Why am I listed as having 15 shards? I thought Henry the Best crushed 5?))
{He did, but as to make killing strong players more rewarding, extra affinities and stats give extra soul shards. In this case, his extra afinity gave you extra five shards.}
((Cool))
I think I just retroactively murdered a less lucky version of myself from a parallel universe. Also do I still have a baguette?
Are my memes dank enough for you?
Thanks to the internet-cromancer, my internet has been revived. I'm back, baby!

H4zardZ1

• Bay Watcher
  • Mostly Harmless
    • View Profile
« Reply #4951 on: March 26, 2016, 07:08:02 pm »

The sword was beyond massive. Beyond colossal. At this point, it could only be described as... Absurdly Huge.
Wayfarer sighed. He was hoping for something actually usable. Then again, courtesy of the modifications he made to the sword, the possibility of wielding it was just barely out of reach. Only barely out of reach, as opposed to impossibly far out of reach.
If he was just a bit stronger... or the sword was just a little lighter...
Wayfarer decided that he was going to work towards a pair of strength boosting gauntlets.
Never mind the sheer impracticality of using the weapon, regardless of whether or not it was possible.

Wayfarer created(-1 or 0) another chunk of solid force, then made 3 solid force essences.

((Well this is a thing that's happening...))
((In that odd size, i would've called that thing a tower sword.))
Quote from: Rock
Quote from: Comrade Qwasich
Stop bullying children
I can't
I have to bully children
Sigtext and other things

star2wars3

• Bay Watcher
  • Join The Dark Side!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4952 on: March 26, 2016, 08:14:18 pm »

The sword was beyond massive. Beyond colossal. At this point, it could only be described as... Absurdly Huge.
Wayfarer sighed. He was hoping for something actually usable. Then again, courtesy of the modifications he made to the sword, the possibility of wielding it was just barely out of reach. Only barely out of reach, as opposed to impossibly far out of reach.
Wayfarer decided that he was going to work towards a pair of strength boosting gauntlets.
Never mind the sheer impracticality of using the weapon, regardless of whether or not it was possible.

Wayfarer created(-1 or 0) another chunk of solid force, then made 3 solid force essences.

((Well this is a thing that's happening...))
((In that odd size, i would've called that thing a tower sword.))
((Want to trade for a flaming toothpick. Just kidding))
((Batshit evil, pessimistic neutral and clumsy good cover nearly entire spectrum. Sadly, but optimists are a rare breed, that is currently running into extinction.))
((That tends to happen when you're optimistic enough to wait out the apocalypse. I wish them plenty of luck, but chances are they'll need it.))

thegamemaster1234

• Bay Watcher
  • [LINUX_USER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4953 on: March 26, 2016, 09:30:39 pm »

((Well dang, this is the first time I've actually missed posting an action! Whoops.))

While the suit was not quite what Jiksap was hoping for, it would serve well enough for now. Doing this would require shifting some equipment around, but eventually everything ends up where it can be used.

Put on the suit, and examine the landscape above the surface. 2 essences afterwards.

H4zardZ1

• Bay Watcher
  • Mostly Harmless
    • View Profile
« Reply #4954 on: March 27, 2016, 07:15:55 am »

"Oh okay, i need a hand. Literally or metaphorically, both if you want to."
Sit at the throne and then cover my right hand with gold.
((Edits turn if anyone wants to heal me, or should i have a noodle hand?))
Quote from: Rock
Quote from: Comrade Qwasich
Stop bullying children
I can't
I have to bully children
Sigtext and other things

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4955 on: March 27, 2016, 11:08:15 am »

Action PM'd.

XXXXYYYY

• Bay Watcher
  • Been a long time.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4956 on: March 27, 2016, 12:38:49 pm »

"Thanks."
If there is time to cast a spell before the beholders arrive, cast the following spell:
        Enchant Gambler & Skelliborn to increase the chance of them striking something important.

Once they arrive, stab as many as possible with the stiletto, utilizing its magic draining to incapacitate, as the beholders obviously used magic for most things.
Oooooooo. I know. ClF3. That should be a fun surprise.

Zormod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4957 on: March 27, 2016, 01:04:59 pm »

Attempt to summon a cube of vespene gas.

star2wars3

• Bay Watcher
  • Join The Dark Side!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4958 on: March 27, 2016, 08:05:12 pm »

((Edits turn if anyone wants to heal me, or should i have a noodle hand?))
I'll get to you once I've protected those who are being swarmed by monsters.
((Batshit evil, pessimistic neutral and clumsy good cover nearly entire spectrum. Sadly, but optimists are a rare breed, that is currently running into extinction.))
((That tends to happen when you're optimistic enough to wait out the apocalypse. I wish them plenty of luck, but chances are they'll need it.))

Prismatic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4959 on: March 30, 2016, 02:11:32 pm »

PM sent.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4960 on: March 30, 2016, 04:19:22 pm »

Turn 151

Chorkinaan looked down at Henry, who had lost too much blood to be able to stand and was slowly losing his grip on reality. Triumphantly, Chorkinaan finished his monologue. It takes the insanity to attempt the impossible, the sanity to keep your goal in sight, the strategy to overcome the obstacles in the way, and the luck to reach the end. That can't last forever, Henry, and just like that the throne of the best is lost. Good night, bitter ex-prince, and may flights of angels put a damper on your overwhelming ego. Chorkinaan collects Henry's soul shards and condenses 3 essences. Here's hoping I don't have to manually bind the wound. I can't imagine a way to do that without a lot of stinging happening as cloth rubs against exposed flesh.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Chorkinaan collected the soul shards from his fallen opponent and finished monologuing at the cooling corpse. It was a well-known fact that giving information to enemies that still live, no matter how close to death they may seem, is a terrible idea which led to downfall of countless wizards. Nothing was said about corpses however and Chorkinaan, just as countless other mages, majority of them in fact, could not keep themselves from gloating. What good was the ability to smite your enemies if you couldn't laugh at their pathetic attempts after all?

look for a part of the forest that has less (preferably none) of those moles

make 2 essences

Seva felt that the whole mole thing was more trouble than he was looking for. He hopped through the branches away from where he had fallen, but each time he stopped there was a tunnel to be seen somewhere. Next time Seva jumped on a branch it shifted suddenly beneath him. This time, Seva managed to keep himself from falling off and landed on a more static tree. The tree, or more precisely, treant on which Seva just was, struck the ground with one of its huge hands scooping up a small hill worth of dirt. Some creature dug through one of the walls in newly created pit and another tunnel quickly moved away from it.

Action PM'd.

Wayfarer was in the midst of his preparations for braving the ice ahead when Viznor rose unseen and unheard behind him. Wayfarers wings split apart and began flapping independently to provide constant lift and a stable firing position. Viznor drew back the glowing string of Bow of transference and a spell flowed from the bow onto the string where it formed an arrow. The string lashed back and arrow flew off towards Wayfarer. It missed him by about a meter and bounced off harmlessly from absurdly huge blade. The effect was so inexistent that Wayfarer finished crafting essences and set aside a fist sized chunk of solid force before he noticed that there was a glowing arrow next to his sword. He turned around, seeking the source and noticed Wayfarer floating in the air behind him, a bow in his hands.

Create a cursed grenade. It, like, explodes into a curse or something.

also +2 essences

Gloomy pondered what new curses to craft. The ones that flayed and those that maimed were all fine and good, but if there was one thing Gloomy had learned, it was that repetition was doom. It was far easier to dismantle a known curse than it was to deal with something never seen before. Gloomy pondered this as curse grenade in his hand crumbled slowly and he wondered if it would work to simply toss it away.

Wait it out. Either the beast goes away or it tries to eat me at which point I try to impale it from inside by extending the various spikes on me. Should the latter scenario come to reality, apply +1/+1 essence to the spell.

The creature waited for a while longer before moving away. Digging sounds suddenly reached Shias ears and then faded away as creature moved towards some other prey. Shias carefully got up, and as no other spikes attempted to impale him, looked around. Ground was disturbed in a line towards edges of the forest, where roots were rarer. While magic could create various incredible creatures, Shias had a faint suspicion that this one was something else.

Use another locating spell to find the branch. I promised I wouldn't abandon it.

2 summoning essences.

James continued searching for the branch. The sensor spell returned a slightly different direction this time, indicating that he was close, but a single branch, even a burning one, could be difficult to find when placed next to a forest. Yet James noticed a glimmer of orange in a sea of green and flew towards it. He found the branch already taking roots, possibly courtesy of one of the druids Grundar had mentioned. The branch was about meter and a half tall, with about a dozen bright orange flowers, each of which seemed to glow slightly.

Seems you like you're in need of assistance Gambler. Need a hand? And no, I'm not cutting off my hand.

Skeliborn:

Action:

Attack the mobs that are attacking the Gambler using Vortex bane.

"Thanks."
If there is time to cast a spell before the beholders arrive, cast the following spell:
        Enchant Gambler & Skelliborn to increase the chance of them striking something important.

Once they arrive, stab as many as possible with the stiletto, utilizing its magic draining to incapacitate, as the beholders obviously used magic for most things.

The beholders sped towards the two mages, but they were still some distance away. Gambler took this opportunity to enchant the luck of himself and Skeliborn. The enchantment was rushed, but it would at least give them an advantage on the first strike. Beholders flew towards them without slowing down, seemingly intent to ram into them, but duo stood unafraid. It was the reason why, when the first beholder curved around them Gambler and Skeliborn were took entirely by surprise. Second and third managed to get through as well, but fourth was caught right in the eye by Gambler's stiletto while fifth was cleaved in half by Skeliborn's blade. They then turned around to face an attack from behind, but it never came. Trio of beholders were seemingly oblivious to the mages and were attempting to bite off pieces of Eternity instead. One of them bit into the side of the slab, but fount it too hard to bite through. Other two, more wisely reached for the frayed edges where bits had fallen off during teleportation. Each managed to swallow a lump with immediate effects; they grew in size, their glowing teeth were replaced with obsidian black and previously blind eyestalks grew eyes glowing with inner power.

While the suit was not quite what Jiksap was hoping for, it would serve well enough for now. Doing this would require shifting some equipment around, but eventually everything ends up where it can be used.

Put on the suit, and examine the landscape above the surface. 2 essences afterwards.

Jiksap donned the reversed diving suit and tested the surface again. It didn’t feel like leaving the water, in fact, it didn’t feel like anything. Quarter inch of metal can do that to sense of touch. The small window in the helmet revealed a grassy plain, with nothing of any great interest whatsoever. Jiksap faintly heard a splash of water before him and something smacked into the water next to him. The something turned out to be about a third of a shark, sharp rows of teeth still recognizable underneath the blood.

Eterna sat down on the edge of the throne and felt the magic connect to him. His hand was broken in too many places to see where the fractures actually originated, but it might be possible to patch it up. Gold could do it, but first attempt resulted in gold cube behind Eterna becoming slightly thinner and slightly longer. Other mages were unlikely to help anytime soon either due to sudden appearance of beholders.

Attempt to summon a cube of vespene gas.

Cuberac called towards a particular shape of particular material and in front of him appeared a small green cube. It was about a foot tall and there were few buttons and plugs on the top of it. Somewhere, far away, probe left a refinery empty handed causing a Korean pro to lose in a tournament.

The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 151 Flying threats
« Reply #4961 on: March 30, 2016, 04:21:27 pm »

Todays delay is brought by: Easter.
PM's are being processed.
Prismatic, your action is delayed for a day in case salsacoockies posts an action.
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

ironsnake345

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOMAIN:REFERENCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4962 on: March 30, 2016, 06:52:35 pm »

((On Wayfarer's and Viznor's turn, you put Wayfarer's name instead of Viznor's twice.))

((Ok, done nitpicking. Action, Ho!))

Well, that's an interesting mix. Here goes nothing... Using all three essences, Chorkinaan attempts to patch up his flayed skull by creating a patch of physical magic, with its only asked physical properties being that it is flexible in a manner similar to cloth. If he succeeds, he then proceeds to dab up blood from around the wound with shreds of Henry's clothing. Chorkinaan notices a mysterious mechanical figure rising out of the water, and regards it with curiosity.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2016, 06:12:18 pm by ironsnake345 »
I think I just retroactively murdered a less lucky version of myself from a parallel universe. Also do I still have a baguette?
Are my memes dank enough for you?
Thanks to the internet-cromancer, my internet has been revived. I'm back, baby!

DAPARROT

• Bay Watcher
  • More parrots
    • View Profile
« Reply #4963 on: March 31, 2016, 02:34:46 am »

Oh,hello. Sorry for landing on you.

If treant is hostile, run. Try to get out of the forest
Otherwise, continue looking for a safer area
I should probably introduce the actual plot soon
7/11 guy, bringer of the apocabeepse. Uplifter of threads. Herald of the hive.

star2wars3

• Bay Watcher
  • Join The Dark Side!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4964 on: March 31, 2016, 05:27:11 am »

Well well well, seems like someones angry over the death of their buddies. Your luck is just about out though. You may have drained the power from some eternity but the thing is, now it's spread out which reduces its effectiveness due to distillation. Prepare to get wrecked by a blade somewhere along the tier of legendary.

Game over, Beholder. Game over.

Skeliborn

Action:

Attack the enhanced beholder with vortex bane, (The unbreakable, unmagicable, volcanic glass (extremely sharp), etc blade.
Pages: 1 ... 329 330 [331] 332 333 ... 506