Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should freshly entering mages be given +10/+10 worth of random essences?

Yes
- 19 (46.3%)
No
- 9 (22%)
It should be more than that
- 6 (14.6%)
It should be less than that
- 7 (17.1%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Pages: 1 ... 331 332 [333] 334 335 ... 506

Author Topic: Roll to Magic: Turn 268 The finish line  (Read 1179936 times)

_Shinju_

• Bay Watcher
  • I drink and I forget things
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 151 Flying threats
« Reply #4980 on: April 04, 2016, 02:11:01 pm »

i run over to the gambler and skeliborn to focus my ward to protect them  Need help, just tell me what yo need me to do guys

XXXXYYYY

• Bay Watcher
  • Been a long time.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4981 on: April 05, 2016, 01:17:15 pm »

Stab one of the bigger beholders. Aim for the eye.
Oooooooo. I know. ClF3. That should be a fun surprise.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4982 on: April 06, 2016, 10:22:37 am »

Turn 152

Well, that's an interesting mix. Here goes nothing... Using all three essences, Chorkinaan attempts to patch up his flayed skull by creating a patch of physical magic, with its only asked physical properties being that it is flexible in a manner similar to cloth. If he succeeds, he then proceeds to dab up blood from around the wound with shreds of Henry's clothing. Chorkinaan notices a mysterious mechanical figure rising out of the water, and regards it with curiosity.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Having finished the battle with technically, merely a single strike, Chorkinnan turned to dealing with his wounds. He was under no allusions as to his medical skills, but it did not take a genius to figure out that the amount of blood that he was losing was unsustainable. Thus, as his first spell, Chorkinaan summoned a patch of same featureless material that he used and it covered the wound as cloth. The blood still seeped around the edges but the stream was reduced considerably, it seemed that it would now be able to seal naturally before Chorkinaan ran out of blood. Speaking of which, there was still rather much of it on Chorkinan’s face and especially his eye. Thankfully, Henry was no longer using his shirt and agreed to borrow it to Chorkinaan for wiping up the blood. It was nice to be able to see with both eyes again.
Oh,hello. Sorry for landing on you.

If treant is hostile, run. Try to get out of the forest
Otherwise, continue looking for a safer area

Seva, to make sure that he wasn’t angering treant capable of crushing ten of him with a single arm, greeted the treant and apologized from jumping onto it. Treant ignored Seva entirely and moved off after the supermole. Even though comparing sizes Seva was about as large as a sparrow would had been on an average apple tree, it was still a bit rude of treant, but Seva cared little. He moved on, deeper into the forest and higher up from the ground. Not long after that, he found a group of rather large nests at the very top of the forest. Each was over a half meter in diameter, and many were decorated in various bright colored scraps of cloth and metals. From above, Seva heard voices.
“Look new one”
“It is bright!”
“It looks strange”
“Let’s greet it!”

A rather large creature landed next to Seva. It was smaller than him, but not by much, and it was followed by few others. The creature seemed a strange mix of bird and human, garbed in same colorful cloth that covered the nests to cover it’s human parts and provide decoration brown feathers failed to. They were forest harpies, as smart as their mountain cousins but curious instead of bloodthirsty.
“Hello new feathers” one of them greeted.

Well well well, seems like someones angry over the death of their buddies. Your luck is just about out though. You may have drained the power from some eternity but the thing is, now it's spread out which reduces its effectiveness due to distillation. Prepare to get wrecked by a blade somewhere along the tier of legendary.

Game over, Beholder. Game over.

Skeliborn

Action:

Attack the enhanced beholder with vortex bane, (The unbreakable, unmagicable, volcanic glass (extremely sharp), etc blade.

i run over to the gambler and skeliborn to focus my ward to protect them  Need help, just tell me what yo need me to do guys
Stab one of the bigger beholders. Aim for the eye.

The unpowered beholder and one of the larger ones remained on the Eternity, eating sizable chunks of it. The other of the larger ones left newfound lunch and moved to the mages that would want to chase them off. All of beholder's secondary eyes focused on Skeliborn and each of them unleashed white beams onto the mage. Few of them missed and another bounced off Skeliborn's sword, but few hit their target, making Skeliborn considerably slower. Nihilum reshaped his barrier to defend against any more of such beams, leaving Gambler and Skeliborn available to attack. Gambler charged first, slashing at beholder's main eye with his stiletto, leaving a wound that while shallow, quickly turned black and began to spread. Skeliborn charged in from the side, and slashed through eyestalks meeting almost no resistance. This beholder was rendered blind and magicless, but other two took this chance to feed on Eternity and grow. Smaller beholder grew to the size of the one they just dealt with, but the other one became even fiercer, all of beholder’s eyestalks now bore eyes and the center one turned cobalt. Its teeth grew larger and purple froth was now visible on them.

Wayfarer was silent for a moment. He stared at his opponent.
One might expect that the gigantic sword that just blocked his opponent's arrow could not be wielded by anybody smaller than a giant.
You would be quite wrong if you expected that.

Wayfarer grabs his absurdly huge sword and swings it at his winged enemy.
PM'd action.

Wayfarer swung his blade overhead for maximum reach. It rose, slowly, and then fell with the kind of unstoppable momentum reserved to landslides. The strike proved as unsuccessful as Wayfarer's attempts to stop the blade from burying about a third of its length in the ground as Viznor rose higher up. Once again his wings aligned themselves to provide stable flight and arrow flew true this time. It caught Wayfarer in his left leg, a minor injury, but the magic within the arrow unwound and bound Wayfarer's ability to cast. While Wayfarer was trying his best to pull out his sword without putting too much weight on left leg, Viznor swooped down and grabbed the arrow that had missed before.

Craft 3 essences. Meditate and see if any good ideas come to me.

Bob sat down to think for a while on what to do next. He had no clue where his friend was, and little way of finding out. The solution was, to make himself visible so that Jiksap could find him. That was taken care of by summoning a T-rex. There was a possibility that someone would attack him, so it would be wise to get some defenses, but again, T-rex. There were of course all the mages going around that he'd probably eventually want to relieve of their shards, but there was no need to rush. That pretty much left only summoning more creatures as to prepare for all eventualities.

Summon Seed of Yggdrasil. Essences: +1/+1,  +1/+2,  +2CPM.

Shias, now finally having some time to do what he actually intended to do, called through the common ancestry of all plants all the way back to the archetype of all trees, the world tree Yggdrasil. From that tree he called back its essence and stored it in one of the seeds he had gathered. It grew in size, becoming as large as a fist, and became hard as a rock. Now he’d need to find a good place for it. Yggdrasils could grow anywhere, but if shias wanted to get good results he’d need to find a place where soil was rich in both magical and mundane.

Summon a cube-shaped power generator that runs on vespene gas. Use 1 +1 POT and 2 +1CMP essences to assist.

Cuberac called to the cubeverse again, and summoned forth a black cube with two valves marked "Input" and "output" on opposite sides of the black cube. It was probably a generator, as Cuberac didn’t feel the spell failing, but a generator of what, exactly? Vespene was too precious to be used as simple fuel by many of those that knew of it, and generator might be one to make something else than just electricity.

Clearly the suit was in desperate need of upgrades, particularly in the sensory department. Being near the water was probably not a good idea, though. And so stuff happens.

Move away from the water a bit. Probably towards that cool eldritch tower which managed to cross worlds. 2 essences along the way. Avoid any dangerous-looking specimens.

Jiksap got out of the water without any great hurry. The creature was probably too large to get out on waters this shallow. That it might notice something moving quickly was not a factor in the slightest. Not at all. Ground proved to be fairly even, which meant that Jiksap had no risk of hitting something with his foot and falling with a neat hard surface all around his head. The visor, though it left a lot to be desired, revealed to jiksap a familiar looking tower and a rather large looking beast on the way there. Jiksap moved out, taking some care to walk around the beast, and managed to reach the gates just as they finished closing up.

"Hello druids? My friend said I could find you here."

Walkie-talkie to Grundar.
"Hey. I found the branch, thank you for taking care of it. Did you find Jase yet?"

Reach out to the branch. Let it know I'm here and sorry about what happened. Ask how it feels.
This is a talking turn, so craft 3 summoning essences.

James looked around the sapling for any druids but saw none. It made sense that people who spend up to their entire lifetimes in the forests would be able to stay invisible among branches. James took his best unthreatening stance and called out to any druids that might be nearby. None answered. They were probably all out on a break or something. Grundar reported getting in the tower, but not finding Jase yet. Linking to the branch proved uncomplicated, but the thought within was nonexistent. There was a seed of thought there, but the tree was too small and hadn't commanded enough magic to house thoughts.

« Last Edit: April 06, 2016, 01:55:31 pm by DreamerGhost »
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 152 The day of rest
« Reply #4983 on: April 06, 2016, 10:23:39 am »

PM's are being processed.
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #4984 on: April 06, 2016, 12:04:15 pm »

I AM SHIAS, THE MIGHTY DRUID OF THE WEST! HOW YOU DARE TO MISTAKE ME FOR SEVA THE BIRDBRAIN!?

Also look for better place for the seed in direction the landswimmer didn't go. Carefully. I don't want to attract anything that would become hindrance.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4985 on: April 06, 2016, 12:06:23 pm »

I AM SHIAS, THE MIGHTY DRUID OF THE WEST! HOW YOU DARE TO MISTAKE ME FOR SEVA THE BIRDBRAIN!?

Also look for better place for the seed in direction the landswimmer didn't go. Carefully. I don't want to attract anything that would become hindrance.

{Your names are just so damn simmilar to me, sorry. Fixed.}

Zormod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4986 on: April 06, 2016, 02:36:21 pm »

Attach the vespene cube to the generator's input valve. Create 4 essences.

star2wars3

• Bay Watcher
  • Join The Dark Side!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4987 on: April 06, 2016, 05:37:36 pm »

I think I have a plan on beating these monsters. Notice how they're mostly attacking me?

I can distract the attention of the beholder leaving you two to cast spells to our favor.

Nihilum, can you maintain your ward?

Gambler can you either buff the luck of us or debuff the luck of the beholders?

Skeliborn

Action:

Slice the beholders into ribbons with vortex bane, starting with the ones feeding on eternity.
((Batshit evil, pessimistic neutral and clumsy good cover nearly entire spectrum. Sadly, but optimists are a rare breed, that is currently running into extinction.))
((That tends to happen when you're optimistic enough to wait out the apocalypse. I wish them plenty of luck, but chances are they'll need it.))

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4988 on: April 06, 2016, 06:02:25 pm »

Wayfarer felt his casting ability be bound. Hopefully that would be temporary. In the meantime...

Viznor swooped down and grabbed the arrow that had missed before.
Assuming, based on this, that Viznor is on the ground... if that is the case, Wayfarer will let go of his sword and tackle Viznor, hopefully disarming him of the arrow in the process.

If Viznor is still currently flying, Wayfarer works to get his sword out of the ground, then prepares to be attacked.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4989 on: April 06, 2016, 10:32:02 pm »

Assuming, based on this, that Viznor is on the ground...

((Not sure why I'd land when I could just fly within arm's reach of the ground. Final say is DG's, though.))

PM'd action. Do the ground plan, but don't land (got to keep that bonus from my wings).
« Last Edit: April 07, 2016, 04:25:58 pm by Whisperling »

ironsnake345

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOMAIN:REFERENCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4990 on: April 07, 2016, 12:56:23 am »

((Not sure why I'd land when I could just fly within arm's reach of the ground. Final say is DG's, though.))
PM'd action.
((An arm's reach is still close enough to be tackled.))

((Anyway, action time.))
Ah, fantastic. Now I've got a new scar with a magical bandage. Life is good. Now, to business... Hmm... I'm going to guess that release of chaotic soul energy into the water is nothing good, perhaps something alive, and if so I'd wager sentient, though perhaps not sapient. Prob'ly quite dangerous in there right now. I suppose I COULD confirm part of that theory if I threw some MEAT in there...
Chorkinaan eyes Heny's corpse with the face of a man about to perform the ultimate act of debauchery.
Mmmmm, no, you've been humiliated enough.
...for now.
Either way, I ought to keep track of that mechanical-looking fellow. No doubt, consorting with that individual is going to result in either treasure or friendship with some kind of mad scientist, both extremely positive results. That's an interesting tower anyway.

Chorkinaan begins walking towards Jiksap, but stops a hex from his location, wary of possible aggression. He creates another three essences along the way.
I think I just retroactively murdered a less lucky version of myself from a parallel universe. Also do I still have a baguette?
Are my memes dank enough for you?
Thanks to the internet-cromancer, my internet has been revived. I'm back, baby!

star2wars3

• Bay Watcher
  • Join The Dark Side!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4991 on: April 07, 2016, 05:21:02 am »

((Just to check, who are the current members of F.e.c.e.s.?))
((Batshit evil, pessimistic neutral and clumsy good cover nearly entire spectrum. Sadly, but optimists are a rare breed, that is currently running into extinction.))
((That tends to happen when you're optimistic enough to wait out the apocalypse. I wish them plenty of luck, but chances are they'll need it.))

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4992 on: April 07, 2016, 04:21:26 pm »

((Basically, the situation is))

((An arm's reach is still close enough to be tackled.))

((Just to check, who are the current members of F.e.c.e.s.?))
((With TUR dead and Blake without an action for a while, I think it's safe to say F.E.C.E.S is no more.))

thegamemaster1234

• Bay Watcher
  • [LINUX_USER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4993 on: April 07, 2016, 06:38:25 pm »

Ah, yes. The purple eldritch castle. Many fond memories are here.. well, it's mostly the time when some drunkard dwarf tried to drown the entire Council with magic-canceling acidic booze. There is work to be done. Great and glorious work indeed.

Go to an empty room in the castle and summon a box of assorted gizmos. 1 essence afterwards.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4994 on: April 08, 2016, 05:03:29 pm »

"Stay safe. I'll be right back."
Get going to Jase's castle. On the way summon a piece of food and toss it to blinky.
And 2 summoning essences.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.
Pages: 1 ... 331 332 [333] 334 335 ... 506