Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should freshly entering mages be given +10/+10 worth of random essences?

Yes
- 19 (46.3%)
No
- 9 (22%)
It should be more than that
- 6 (14.6%)
It should be less than that
- 7 (17.1%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Pages: 1 ... 332 333 [334] 335 336 ... 506

Author Topic: Roll to Magic: Turn 268 The finish line  (Read 1179815 times)

DAPARROT

• Bay Watcher
  • More parrots
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 152 The day of rest
« Reply #4995 on: April 08, 2016, 05:51:17 pm »

Hello, I'm Seva, a birdmage. Could I stay here for a while? The rest of the forest seems to dangerous.
If allowed to stay, look around and make 3 essences
Otherwise, keep searching for a safe location
I should probably introduce the actual plot soon
7/11 guy, bringer of the apocabeepse. Uplifter of threads. Herald of the hive.

XXXXYYYY

• Bay Watcher
  • Been a long time.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4996 on: April 08, 2016, 06:37:07 pm »

"My stiletto's good against 'ese. 'll go after the smaller one."
There are some downsides to being what amounts to a floating eyeball and mouth. Primary among these is having a huge weak point in the form of a large gel-filled sack in the front. Take advantage of this and stab the smaller one in the eye.
Oooooooo. I know. ClF3. That should be a fun surprise.

star2wars3

• Bay Watcher
  • Join The Dark Side!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4997 on: April 08, 2016, 08:33:37 pm »

Sounds good. Now let's win this battle.
((Batshit evil, pessimistic neutral and clumsy good cover nearly entire spectrum. Sadly, but optimists are a rare breed, that is currently running into extinction.))
((That tends to happen when you're optimistic enough to wait out the apocalypse. I wish them plenty of luck, but chances are they'll need it.))

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4998 on: April 10, 2016, 03:47:22 pm »

I'm feeling rather sick and I count 10/26(potential) actions. Update wil come tomorow, there is time until then.
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

ironsnake345

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOMAIN:REFERENCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4999 on: April 10, 2016, 04:12:35 pm »

((I always have a tab open for, like, a bunch of sites I visit often, and my browser is set to go back where I left off when I close and re-open it. Makes it easy to keep up with forum games and stuff.))

((Wait... Oh my god. The next post is going to be post number 5,000 on this topic. What will it be? WHAT WILL IT BE???))

((Oh, by the way, does anyone know how long it's been since all the currently idle players last posted actions? It might be helpful for establishing a hitlist to help clean up platypus island.))

((...If that's what post 5,000 turns out to be, I will LAUGH.))
« Last Edit: April 10, 2016, 04:25:19 pm by ironsnake345 »
I think I just retroactively murdered a less lucky version of myself from a parallel universe. Also do I still have a baguette?
Are my memes dank enough for you?
Thanks to the internet-cromancer, my internet has been revived. I'm back, baby!

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5000 on: April 10, 2016, 05:43:51 pm »

PM sent, since it looks like my action wasn't counted.

Edit: That was a confirmation of the fact that I've sent a PM, not a statement that I've sent a new PM, just in case it wasn't clear.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2016, 05:50:43 pm by Elephant Parade »

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5001 on: April 10, 2016, 06:16:02 pm »

((Well that was an anticlimactic 5,000th post.))
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

ironsnake345

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5002 on: April 11, 2016, 02:39:22 am »

((Well that was an anticlimactic 5,000th post.))
((Indeed.  :P))
I think I just retroactively murdered a less lucky version of myself from a parallel universe. Also do I still have a baguette?

H4zardZ1

• Bay Watcher
  • Mostly Harmless
    • View Profile
« Reply #5003 on: April 11, 2016, 03:21:20 am »

Due to lak of ???...
2 essences
Quote from: Rock
Quote from: Comrade Qwasich
Stop bullying children
I can't
I have to bully children
Sigtext and other things

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #5004 on: April 11, 2016, 10:43:36 am »

Look at the defeated sandpile, see if glassifying went the way predicted. Three essences afterwards.
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5005 on: April 11, 2016, 06:30:23 pm »

Turn 153

I AM SHIAS, THE MIGHTY DRUID OF THE WEST! HOW YOU DARE TO MISTAKE ME FOR SEVA THE BIRDBRAIN!?

Also look for better place for the seed in direction the landswimmer didn't go. Carefully. I don't want to attract anything that would become hindrance.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Shias ran swiftly through the forest, seeking a place of magic. If it was somewhere here, the only way it could exist without being easily noticeable was if it merely resulted in more trees. Anything else would leave an obvious mark, or at least an obvious one for a druid. What Shias found was along the lines of what he expected but not what he wanted. He deftly dodged a thick vine going for him and looked over the large grove of man eating plants. They mostly held onto trees, growing in symbiotic relationship, with tree providing firm structure and man-eater giving out extra nutrients and they were all extra hungry. Probably wouldn't had targeted Shias tree covered body otherwise.

Attach the vespene cube to the generator's input valve. Create 4 essences.

Cuberac connected vespene container and blackbox generator. The generator hummed for a moment and then two blue buttons appeared on top of it, one with a lightning bolt on it and another with a stylized eye. Four strips of metal rose from the generator and grabbed onto the vespene tank, holding it in place but not so tightly that it couldn't be removed. Two blue strips appeared onto the generator. next to the buttons, one full, other half filled and about three times shorter than the other. The shorter one was filling while longer one was emptying.

I think I have a plan on beating these monsters. Notice how they're mostly attacking me?

I can distract the attention of the beholder leaving you two to cast spells to our favor.

Nihilum, can you maintain your ward?

Gambler can you either buff the luck of us or debuff the luck of the beholders?

Skeliborn

Action:

Slice the beholders into ribbons with vortex bane, starting with the ones feeding on eternity.

"My stiletto's good against 'ese. 'll go after the smaller one."
There are some downsides to being what amounts to a floating eyeball and mouth. Primary among these is having a huge weak point in the form of a large gel-filled sack in the front. Take advantage of this and stab the smaller one in the eye.

Skeliborn charged ahead first, rushing towards the two beholders still trying to gorge themselves on Eternity. The smaller one rose from the feast and began moving to block Skeliborn but it was too slow and Skeliborn charged past the confused beholder. He swung his blade against the larger one who was still trying to eat but it was a trap. Bolt of lightning shot from the center eye of the larger beholder but luckily for Skeliborn, its poor aim meant that it met his blade at an angle where antimagic enchantments took care of the rest, redirecting lightning bolt into the ground. The sword caught beholder in its teeth, tossing it away from eternity and breaking a fair few off in the process. Gambler was not doing as well, however. Smaller beholder caught him with all of its slowing beams, Nihilum's barrier helping but only a bit. He was still slowed enough to completely miss his strike, as beholder slid almost insultingly slowly out of the way.

Wayfarer felt his casting ability be bound. Hopefully that would be temporary. In the meantime...

Viznor swooped down and grabbed the arrow that had missed before.
Assuming, based on this, that Viznor is on the ground... if that is the case, Wayfarer will let go of his sword and tackle Viznor, hopefully disarming him of the arrow in the process.

If Viznor is still currently flying, Wayfarer works to get his sword out of the ground, then prepares to be attacked.
Assuming, based on this, that Viznor is on the ground...
PM'd action. Do the ground plan, but don't land (got to keep that bonus from my wings).

Wayfarer took one look at Viznor diving for his missed arrow and took the risk. He left his sword and charged towards his opponent. He'd only have a moment of possibility, but he couldn't think about that now. He saw Viznor's face alight with surprise as he dived towards him but Wayfarer grasped only air. At the last moment Viznor managed to rise out of Wayfarer's reach and launched an arrow at his enemy. The arrow, due to rushed fire and surprise afflicted aim bounced off a rock two feet away from Wayfarer and broke into pieces.

Ah, fantastic. Now I've got a new scar with a magical bandage. Life is good. Now, to business... Hmm... I'm going to guess that release of chaotic soul energy into the water is nothing good, perhaps something alive, and if so I'd wager sentient, though perhaps not sapient. Prob'ly quite dangerous in there right now. I suppose I COULD confirm part of that theory if I threw some MEAT in there...
Chorkinaan eyes Heny's corpse with the face of a man about to perform the ultimate act of debauchery.
Mmmmm, no, you've been humiliated enough.
...for now.
Either way, I ought to keep track of that mechanical-looking fellow. No doubt, consorting with that individual is going to result in either treasure or friendship with some kind of mad scientist, both extremely positive results. That's an interesting tower anyway.

Chorkinaan begins walking towards Jiksap, but stops a hex from his location, wary of possible aggression. He creates another three essences along the way.

Chorkinaan looked back at Henry's corpse, but decided against the traditional wizard funeral (body sacrificed to science) and opted to follow strange creature that came from the sea. Sneaking after it was possibly optional as the helmet it wore was spectacularly vision blocking, but walking softly was a habit Wizards developed at the time when they still needed to walk to a place to affect it with magic. However, the chase was off at the halfway, as Chorkinaan noticed something that might impede his sneaking. There was a T-rex up ahead, seemingly peaceful but that might only apply to the mage nearby, possibly the summoner.

Ah, yes. The purple eldritch castle. Many fond memories are here.. well, it's mostly the time when some drunkard dwarf tried to drown the entire Council with magic-canceling acidic booze. There is work to be done. Great and glorious work indeed.

Go to an empty room in the castle and summon a box of assorted gizmos. 1 essence afterwards.

Gates opened before Jiksap and closed soon after him. He traveled well remembered way to the council rooms. There was only one mage there, Flare, who seemed to be busy with some golem creation, and Jiksap decided to leave him to it. He conjured a box of random parts and sat down in his chair. It was getting better wear than most of his creations.

"Stay safe. I'll be right back."
Get going to Jase's castle. On the way summon a piece of food and toss it to blinky.
And 2 summoning essences.

{Err... Who's Blinky? And if it's the sapling, what kind of food?}

{Insert summoning food here}
James, his work here finished, went off towards the eldritch Tower to make sure that it was indeed Jase who was responsible for that. The trip did not take long and James saw with his own eyes a Tower remarkably identical to the one in which he almost drowned in acid. The gates were closed, although flying over the walls wouldn't be too difficult. Might be impolite, though.

Hello, I'm Seva, a birdmage. Could I stay here for a while? The rest of the forest seems to dangerous.
If allowed to stay, look around and make 3 essences
Otherwise, keep searching for a safe location

"A birdmage?"

"He's a hag!"

"A hag, a hag!"

A hag is something of a honorary title among Harpies, usually meaning someone who's smart enough to avoid traps with shiny bait. It is not the most precise or polite of descriptions, but it was the one Seva knew. It meant that he was welcome here for a while at least, which should be enough for any of his plans.

"Can you make my feathers red?"

"Can you make my claws shiny?"

Of course, hospitality involved its own set of inconveniences. The chirping is somewhat distracting, so you are not exactly surprised when your essence failed and leaked into nearby harpy, turning her wings silvery. The chirping subsided for a moment only to return twice as loud and enthusiastic.

Due to lak of ???...
2 essences

Eterna sat on the edge of his throne and looked around at what was happening. The most important event was probably Gambler Skeliborn and Nihilum fighting with some beholders over a piece of rock. One of beholders attempted to blast Skeliborn with a lightning bolt but missed, while another managed to curse Gambler into quite a predicament. Now that he looked closer, that was no simple rock they were fighting over, that was Eternity, the easiest to use power source ever and possibly also the most expensive material. It might be worthwhile to but in... Or to grab the loot and scram while they are busy.

Look at the defeated sandpile, see if glassifying went the way predicted. Three essences afterwards.

Kahel inspected his attacker and found it properly dead. Good part of sand on one side was glassed, giving that side green look contrasting with sandy brown for the rest. Essence collapsed and flowed into the thing, cracking the glass open with rapid temperature changes and allowing liquidy insides to flow out. It would seem that what tried to kill Kahel was a giant slime, which had integrated sand in its outer layer to increase its durability and camouflage ability. As it failed spectacularly, Kahel now had access to about fifty liters of magical acid.

"You have no idea what damage your interruption has just done, do you? HERE, LET'S SHARE THE FUN!"

Run towards the sheriff, attempting to assume elemental form. Give the guy a bear hug. 

{I think it was delayed enough}

Xom transformed into a swirling mass of sounds and rushed towards Bernardo. The Sherrif, not to be outdone, blasted Xom with order, undoing Xom's transformation and sending thoughts of tax forms through his mind. But magic that stopped Xom's transformation did nothing to cancel his momentum, and to deal with that Bernardo finished up his magic by pirouetting out of Xom's way, as a matador dealing with a raging bull. Behind them, gatebeast was tossing the pyramid around without seeming to cause much damage.

Spoiler: Map (click to show/hide)
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 153 Flesh eating beasts for all
« Reply #5006 on: April 11, 2016, 06:33:12 pm »

Still feeling a bit poorly, PM's will be procesed tomorow, so in 10-12 hours. Elephant Parade don't worry, I plan to implement your atempt without retcons, at the very begining of next turn (it will happen IC then, I'll resolve it with the rest of PM's).

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5007 on: April 11, 2016, 07:07:39 pm »

You know what would be neat? Special essences—that is, essences which carry some sort of special effect or drawback, specific to the affinity they belong to. For example, a roll of 6 might (for me) create a +3/+3 essence that curses me when I use it.

ironsnake345

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5008 on: April 11, 2016, 10:40:07 pm »

((That might take a fair bit of effort on DG's part, but it'd give him a lot of room to creatively screw with us players.  :P I bet my special essences would be actually physical, and I have to lug them around maybe can throw them or something.))

Oop! Almost forgot! Don't want my bandage to fade on me. Enhance the magical bandage I created so that it doesn't fade away after a few turns, as I assume my creations normally do. Alright, then. Now only one question remains: this is clearly a building built by mages, for mages, so I know that the mechanical suit guy is almost certainly a magitech, but are these guys friendly, or are they hostile? Well, a good mage is crazy enough to hope for the best, but sane enough to prepare for the worst. How's that ritual go again... Consume 12 shards, if I remember correctly in a rather drinking manner, to gain a permanent boost to cmp rolls. Then two essences.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #5009 on: April 11, 2016, 11:50:12 pm »

You know what would be neat? Special essences—that is, essences which carry some sort of special effect or drawback, specific to the affinity they belong to. For example, a roll of 6 might (for me) create a +3/+3 essence that curses me when I use it.
((And we already have chaotic essences.))

Shias doesn't feel like wasting any more time fighting.
Put these man-eaters asleep until I leave this hex. Chaotic +1/+1, +1 CPM, +1 POT.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2016, 10:50:55 am by AoshimaMichio »
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.
Pages: 1 ... 332 333 [334] 335 336 ... 506