Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should freshly entering mages be given +10/+10 worth of random essences?

Yes
- 19 (46.3%)
No
- 9 (22%)
It should be more than that
- 6 (14.6%)
It should be less than that
- 7 (17.1%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Pages: 1 ... 335 336 [337] 338 339 ... 506

Author Topic: Roll to Magic: Turn 268 The finish line  (Read 1187977 times)

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 153 Flesh eating beasts for all
« Reply #5040 on: April 15, 2016, 03:19:53 am »

((Seems like the Greater would be useful as a last resort of sorts. After all, no use for that blood if you're going to die in a turn or so. Kind of like crushing all your shards before you die. That would also make it more situational and less useful for general spellcasting if magic can't heal it, . For normal use, the lesser would probably be used since there is a healer for sale if you can get to him afterwards. Might be interesting to see someone overdo it and suffer death by a thousand cuts while trying to make a ring of +1 sparkling, though.))
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

star2wars3

• Bay Watcher
  • Join The Dark Side!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5041 on: April 15, 2016, 05:29:29 am »

I think this could be a cool mechanic but it would also be nice to sacrifice someone/something else's blood.

((Probably doable by redirecting damage to something else in general))

On a second note, during most of next week, I will be away on college tours with noncertain Internet access.

If I can't post my actions will be as follows
if Beholders still live/other enemies, fight them using vortex bane.
Else if Beholders are dead. Take my 3rd of the eternity and 3 essence routine.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2016, 03:57:18 pm by star2wars3 »
((Batshit evil, pessimistic neutral and clumsy good cover nearly entire spectrum. Sadly, but optimists are a rare breed, that is currently running into extinction.))
((That tends to happen when you're optimistic enough to wait out the apocalypse. I wish them plenty of luck, but chances are they'll need it.))

H4zardZ1

• Bay Watcher
  • Mostly Harmless
    • View Profile
« Reply #5042 on: April 15, 2016, 09:20:00 am »

((What do you think you can do with a brittle wall?))

2 essences.
Quote from: Rock
Quote from: Comrade Qwasich
Stop bullying children
I can't
I have to bully children
Sigtext and other things

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5043 on: April 15, 2016, 03:23:20 pm »

+3 essences.

star2wars3

• Bay Watcher
  • Join The Dark Side!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5044 on: April 15, 2016, 05:15:17 pm »

((Brittle wall + smash = debris))
« Last Edit: April 15, 2016, 05:16:56 pm by star2wars3 »
((Batshit evil, pessimistic neutral and clumsy good cover nearly entire spectrum. Sadly, but optimists are a rare breed, that is currently running into extinction.))
((That tends to happen when you're optimistic enough to wait out the apocalypse. I wish them plenty of luck, but chances are they'll need it.))

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5045 on: April 15, 2016, 05:17:22 pm »

I think this could be a cool mechanic but it would also be nice to sacrifice someone/something else's blood.

((Probably doable by redirecting damage to something else in general))

On a second note, during most of next week, I will be away on college tours with noncertain Internet access.

If I can't post my actions will be as follows
if Beholders still live/other enemies, fight them using vortex bane.
Else if Beholders are dead. Take my 3rd of the eternity and 3 essence routine.

{Fourteen minutes and twelve seconds away from having full 24 hours between identical posts. You were so close.}
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5046 on: April 15, 2016, 06:40:19 pm »

Turn 154

Oop! Almost forgot! Don't want my bandage to fade on me. Enhance the magical bandage I created so that it doesn't fade away after a few turns, as I assume my creations normally do. Alright, then. Now only one question remains: this is clearly a building built by mages, for mages, so I know that the mechanical suit guy is almost certainly a magitech, but are these guys friendly, or are they hostile? Well, a good mage is crazy enough to hope for the best, but sane enough to prepare for the worst. How's that ritual go again... Consume 12 shards, if I remember correctly in a rather drinking manner, to gain a permanent boost to cmp rolls. Then two essences.
{Your creations, despite being abomination to physics, do not fade. You still have your sword.}
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Chorkinan crushed a dozen of his shards and drained the combined reflexive knowledge from them. There was quite a lot of it, mostly diagrams and such. He'd probably now even be able to draw circles by hand. The more intended part of this also succeeded and it meant that he's now wouldn't need to focus as much when casting. Which was very useful, since majority of Chorkinaan's attention was captured by the Tower. The gates were closed, and nothing moved around in the tower, which mixed well with its general "horrendously haunted" image. But information that could be gleaned from looking at a distance was rapidly draining, and Chorkinaan knew he'd need to get closer, namely inside, if he wanted to know more.

Shias doesn't feel like wasting any more time fighting.
Put these man-eaters asleep until I leave this hex. Chaotic +1/+1, +1 CPM, +1 POT.

Shias raised his staff and magic flowed out to the plants. All as one they slumped, vines wrapping protectively around themselves, and became entirely inert. Many of them blended with the forest so well that one could walk through the grove without ever noticing them. Few red shapes appeared from among the still man-eaters and clamored down to Shias. As they closed in, the druid noticed that the red shapes were imps, and that they wore what appeared to be gardener's overalls with several extra pockets. They got together in a group and approached Shais, the one in the front seemingly carrying more stuff in his pockets than his peers, judging from how bulged they were.

"What's the big idea here? We had a deal, we use no magic on the plants and you let us to grow the stuff in peace."

Do what the harpies ask me to do, then take a look around

Seva listened to the many requests of the harpies and filtered out that the main theme was adding more colors. It was something to do while he was here and having a bunch of grateful harpies was rather worthwhile as far as he was concerned. Magic spread, this time intentional, and harpies surrounding Seva found their feathers taking upon various decorative patterns, made of bright red blue and green. Harpies surged away to see how well they looked flying in the sunlight, allowing Seva to look around a bit better. There were nests in the treetops, as he saw before but now as he looked there were few more that he had missed as they were less decorated possibly belonging to younger harpies.  The rest of the forest tops were clear of anything that wasn't to be expected at the top of a tree. All was just leaves and wood, Harpies would chase away anything dangerous to the eggs, so there was little surprise there. The number of nests indicated that a part of the group was out, possibly hunting, which meant that what he had encountered were the guards of the nests. They were probably smarter than they appeared if they were left to guard, but they seemed so impressed by their sudden colorfulness that sudden treachery was not on Seva's worry list.

Form 3 essences, then wait. Push the eye button.

Cuberac completed his rituals of condensing power and returned to exploring the artifact. The smaller bar was a bit more filled while the longer was a bit emptier. The lightning seemed rather self-explanatory, but eye could mean many things. He pressed the button. A blue light shot from the other end of the engine, fell to the ground and formed an all blue version of Cuberac holding the device. Experimentally, Cuberac put the device down and blue version of him suddenly became colorful, appearing like a mirror image of himself. The device created illusions! When Cuberac looked at the bars again, the shorter one had depleted most of what it had.

Wayfarer realized that the fight had come to an impasse.

He decided to end that impasse.

Totally a PM action.

PM action.

Wayfarer, seeing that he was at a disadvantage, rushed off towards his sword. Viznor, of course, had no intentions of allowing his enemy to rearm himself. Ground turned to glue for Wayfarer as binding spell made simple soil stick to him as tar. He attempted to get his sword out of the ground but progress was slow as ground pulled back. Viznor took this opportunity to aim an arrow with more dedication and precision than before into a target that wasn't really moving. The arrow flew true this time, catching Wayfarer in his right leg. Viznor smiled, his target wasn't running anywhere now.

{Wayfarer, crippled: Can only move one hex on foot.}

"Looks like there's a castle close to me. Probably worth investigating..."

Head towards the castle. Once there, ask it where Jiksap is.

Knock knock knock on the gate. Look around, is there anyone else nearby?

While waiting I suppose I'll work out and become Strong! Working out works by slightly damaging your muscles which then heal even stronger over a few days.
Cast a spell pump more juice into this healing and make it happen much faster. Then do a bunch of pushups, situps, squats, and other bodyweight exercises. Heck, see if I can turn my cube into some exercise equipment to use.
I don't want to look like a bodybuilder though, so modify the spell to increase muscle density and efficiency more than size.
Use 5/5 of non-chaos healing essences.

It was a time between any major doom events, as shown by mages beginning to gather again within the Tower. They weren't gathering there due to lack of doom, rather, since they were gathering there wouldn't be anyone to cause trouble but it still applied. James and Bob met next to the tower gates. James was decked out in various bling, while Bob was walking around with a T-rex. They looked each other over, decided they were equal enough in the stylishness (as far as mages can have style) to not need to kill all witnesses and thus remained peaceful while waiting. James however felt that there was some need to expand his repertoire of options and opted for some Muscle Magic. The cube changed into appropriate weights that were somehow heavier than the cube. With some inventive use of the weights and some magical steroids, James managed to gain some solid muscle in under two minutes, gaining eternal envy of anyone who has ever cared about bodily looks. It wouldn't make great difference on its own, but paired with the help of his glass gauntlet James would be able to do some serious work now. The gate soon opened, and James got the chance to show off his new great curves to his friend Jase.

"Hm. How unusual. Slimes normally don't live in sands while there are plenty of water awailable... So, about acid."

Animate the dangerous liquid. After all, such a bodyguard is better than nothing. All essences.
Then, search the island, looking for my demon and other things of interest.

Kahel exerted his power over the acidic goo and a ball as large as his head rose in the air. It was rather less than he expected but slimes were magical creatures and as such, possessed some minor resistance to magic. Besides, many uses of acid did not require all that much of it. Kahel experimentally tugged the ball into shapes with his thoughts. He wouldn't need much at all.

((What do you think you can do with a brittle wall?))

2 essences.

Eterna continued watching the show before him. It distracted from the shattered fist which was now swelling up in interesting colors. He began thinking about the throne and gold on it again. The cube moved enough to allow him connection, but if he wanted to fly anywhere on it, he'd need to move it or risk falling off.

+3 essences.

Gloomy sat in what he was beginning to look at as his personal room and watched through what he was beginning to think of as his personal window. There were two battels visible from the tower, but only one was of interest to him. Viznor's arrow jolted, seemingly accidentally, and moved just a bit, striking an important tendon in Wayfarer's leg. It would seem that the battle had finally turned.

Let James in. Go greet him after I finish up some other stuff that I'll PM.

Jase left the business unstated and finished what he was working on. His newest magical ring glowed with same flow that its model did, and sat on his finger quite comfortably. But there would be time for admiration later, Jase had guests to entertain. He passed the thought again through his mind and frowned. The Tower was turning him into an intellectual snob. The matter was not helped when he saw that James now bore a figure that asked for word "sculpted" which made the armor he wore seem even more stylish. If he wasn't the only not homeless wizard in this plane, his status as the most stylish would have been seriously threatened.

The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 154 Magical styleoff/snoboff
« Reply #5047 on: April 15, 2016, 06:41:58 pm »

PM's are being processed. That includes yours, Prismatic, I haven't forgotten.

star2wars3, I'm going to wait a day for XXXXYYYY/Gambler, and if he does not post, add your turn in.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5048 on: April 15, 2016, 06:59:25 pm »

Oh pain. Wayfarer realized that he couldn't run now. And his sword was still stuck in the ground.

Assets:
1 facemask/helmet thing.
1 absurdly huge sword, currently unusable due to being embedded in the ground.
1 fist-sized chunk of solid force.
Assorted low-power essences.

And his foe... hugely outclassed him. Time for drastic measures.
After all, his physical attacks were basically useless against this foe, and there was no way his magic was going to be sufficient unless he made use of a blood sacrifice.
Sure, it would be a pain. But it was preferable to what was basically a 100% chance of death.

So PM action.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5049 on: April 15, 2016, 07:15:31 pm »

((Blood sacrifices sound neat, but there might need to be some limits on how they're used. I can imagine someone spawning a character, killing them with a death-by-a-thousand cuts sacrifice, then spawning a second character to pick up whatever the last one made.

Maybe make the wounds appear before the spell is cast? Overdo it, and you might end up killing yourself for nothing.))

ironsnake345

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOMAIN:REFERENCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5050 on: April 15, 2016, 11:20:07 pm »

{Your creations, despite being abomination to physics, do not fade. You still have your sword.}
((Well, I had specified permanence on that, so I didn't know.))

Well, that place seems active. Who was that... I believe the first one was Jase Blackthorn? ...With wings? And his guest, the bodybuilder... His name was James, I believe. I can't seem to remember either of their affinities... I'd have to say this gentlemen here is Bob T Baker, the only paleomage I've ever met. Why can I remember wizards' names so well? I'm awful with names, but I never seem to forget a wizard's name. Well, enough talking to myself, time to prepare for the worst. Good idea to get a bit of preparation going anyway. Chorkinaan creates a shield for himself, its asked properties being that it is weighted as if forged from steel (which is lighter than straight iron), unnaturally tough, and not affected by gravity. Essences: +1cmp, chaotic +1pot, and one +1/+1.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2016, 09:32:45 pm by ironsnake345 »
I think I just retroactively murdered a less lucky version of myself from a parallel universe. Also do I still have a baguette?
Are my memes dank enough for you?
Thanks to the internet-cromancer, my internet has been revived. I'm back, baby!

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #5051 on: April 16, 2016, 09:12:31 am »

"Yeah. This should be suitable for my purposes."

Search the island. Try to find demon. Make three essences.
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #5052 on: April 16, 2016, 09:50:38 am »

"Imps as gardeners. This is new." Shias wonders aloud. "I'm Shias, Druid of the West, and I'm new on these lands. I sought out to grow my own plants and found this place, and put the overly hungry plants to sleep. Have you not been feeding them properly? And as a new person on this area I'm not familiar with deals you have made with forest. Do you have Token of Deal?"

Demand to see their sign of deal in non-hostile manner and inspect its validity. Maybe they are just lying? If they have no proof of deal, then consult the forest.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Zormod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5053 on: April 16, 2016, 02:17:35 pm »

Make 2 essences, try to touch the illusion.

XXXXYYYY

• Bay Watcher
  • Been a long time.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5054 on: April 16, 2016, 02:27:58 pm »

PM's are being processed. That includes yours, Prismatic, I haven't forgotten.

star2wars3, I'm going to wait a day for XXXXYYYY/Gambler, and if he does not post, add your turn in.
((Got caught up in school stuff, sorry.))
Let Luck guide my hand. Try and stab the Beholder that slowed me in the eye.
Oooooooo. I know. ClF3. That should be a fun surprise.
Pages: 1 ... 335 336 [337] 338 339 ... 506