Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should freshly entering mages be given +10/+10 worth of random essences?

Yes
- 19 (46.3%)
No
- 9 (22%)
It should be more than that
- 6 (14.6%)
It should be less than that
- 7 (17.1%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Pages: 1 ... 338 339 [340] 341 342 ... 506

Author Topic: Roll to Magic: Turn 268 The finish line  (Read 1180051 times)

star2wars3

• Bay Watcher
  • Join The Dark Side!
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 155 Totaly on time
« Reply #5085 on: April 21, 2016, 08:18:37 pm »

Argh. It appears that I have been wounded. But that does give me some inspiration.

Gambler, would it be ok if I moved the eternity to another dimension until we're safe?

Skeliborn

Action:
Assuming Gambler doesn't speak up, place the antigravity eldritch throwing knives in a pentagram shape surrounding the eternity. Once the pile of eternity is through, remove the throwing knives. (If the portal forms, gravity should cause the eternity to fall into the other world, which since it has no atmosphere at the moment, shouldn't be an easily livable place for life.)

If Gambler speaks up, throw the flaming toothpick sword into the Beholder's eye instead.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2016, 06:06:04 am by star2wars3 »
((Batshit evil, pessimistic neutral and clumsy good cover nearly entire spectrum. Sadly, but optimists are a rare breed, that is currently running into extinction.))
((That tends to happen when you're optimistic enough to wait out the apocalypse. I wish them plenty of luck, but chances are they'll need it.))

H4zardZ1

• Bay Watcher
  • Mostly Harmless
    • View Profile
« Reply #5086 on: April 23, 2016, 09:07:48 am »

"I'll try to help, and i will test what happens too"
Drain electricity from a beholder, any of them that attacks Skelliborn (or any beholder that attacks Gambler, if no beholder attacks Skelliborn), or choose at a random beholder if no beholder attacks. Then move the electricity to another beholder following the conditions above.
1 +1/+1 essence, 1 +1/+2 essence.

« Last Edit: April 25, 2016, 02:49:22 am by H4zardZ1 »
Quote from: Rock
Quote from: Comrade Qwasich
Stop bullying children
I can't
I have to bully children
Sigtext and other things

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5087 on: April 23, 2016, 04:41:16 pm »

PM action.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5088 on: April 23, 2016, 04:53:48 pm »

I sent a PM too.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

star2wars3

• Bay Watcher
  • Join The Dark Side!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5089 on: April 23, 2016, 09:06:29 pm »

Shock the beholders.
Much thanks on the backup.My right hand seems to have been paralyzed by the Beholder's poison. Careful to stay out of range of the Beholder's melee range since we probably won't get any more backup and most of us are injured.

At this point, since I can't weild my weapon properly,  I'm going to try store the eternity in the old world. It should be hard for anything to survive their without special gear so while we can get back to it anytime, the Beholder's can't, and even if they could, the void of no atmosphere would probably kill them.

On the note of killing the Beholders, I have an idea.

All creatures are composed of matter and energy which must be woven or must flow in certain ways. If that flow is disrupted or disabled, it can drastically effect every aspect of a given creature.

What this means is that you, as a Mage of electricity, can effectively control the actions of living things by controlling the flow of energy within them.

In other words, you should be able to both force the beholder to attack itself and not attack us, and to drain it's energy. (I'm thinking along the lines of how living things do have some current running through them. If anyone else wants to explain the physics better, I encourage it since I'm typing this on a phone late at night)
((Batshit evil, pessimistic neutral and clumsy good cover nearly entire spectrum. Sadly, but optimists are a rare breed, that is currently running into extinction.))
((That tends to happen when you're optimistic enough to wait out the apocalypse. I wish them plenty of luck, but chances are they'll need it.))

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5090 on: April 23, 2016, 09:12:06 pm »

((The physics? Well, the nervous system operates using electrical and chemical signals. Correct manipulation of the aforementioned electrical signals could theoretically result in mind-control like effects, the main problem being precision and complexity.

TL:DR, Dest can probably do mind control with a -1 modifier.))

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5091 on: April 23, 2016, 09:22:16 pm »

+4 essences, and try to make yet another ring.

wait no

Try to make the ring again, and then +3 essences.

that was close
« Last Edit: April 23, 2016, 09:42:24 pm by Elephant Parade »

H4zardZ1

• Bay Watcher
  • Mostly Harmless
    • View Profile
« Reply #5092 on: April 23, 2016, 09:52:38 pm »

Shock the beholders.
Much thanks on the backup.My right hand seems to have been paralyzed by the Beholder's poison. Careful to stay out of range of the Beholder's melee range since we probably won't get any more backup and most of us are injured.

At this point, since I can't weild my weapon properly,  I'm going to try store the eternity in the old world. It should be hard for anything to survive their without special gear so while we can get back to it anytime, the Beholder's can't, and even if they could, the void of no atmosphere would probably kill them.

On the note of killing the Beholders, I have an idea.

All creatures are composed of matter and energy which must be woven or must flow in certain ways. If that flow is disrupted or disabled, it can drastically effect every aspect of a given creature.

What this means is that you, as a Mage of electricity, can effectively control the actions of living things by controlling the flow of energy within them.

In other words, you should be able to both force the beholder to attack itself and not attack us, and to drain it's energy. (I'm thinking along the lines of how living things do have some current running through them. If anyone else wants to explain the physics better, I encourage it since I'm typing this on a phone late at night)

Quote from: Rock
Quote from: Comrade Qwasich
Stop bullying children
I can't
I have to bully children
Sigtext and other things

Prismatic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5093 on: April 24, 2016, 01:58:52 pm »

((Missed a few turns, but I'm still around.))

Have another go at attempting to disintegrate Bernardo.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5094 on: April 24, 2016, 04:38:35 pm »

Turn 156

"Well of course, I didn't want to be eaten and didn't want to kill them either. Worry not, I will resolve this problem I have caused."

Seek out the local druids to explain my interference on the matter (and if the man eaters wake up while imps are still standing amongst them, well, that solves their hunger issues). If imps know where to find them, then employ this knowledge, otherwise rely on whispers of the forest. Make two essences on the way. Maybe I'll be someday free of distractions and able to focus on more important study of nature.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Imps had no clue where to find a druid, mostly because they never cared that much but also because they tended to wander around a lot. Druids never had any problem finding one another, and Shias suspected they listened to the forest to find out where they all were. Replicating the search in an unfamiliar forest was rather complicated, and the spell Shias sent out returned with only an approximate location of a druid. It remained active for some time, and managed to get Shias close enough for the druid to find him. Bearded figure in a undyed linen robe walked out from the trees and greeted Shias.
"Greetings brother. What brings you to our forest?"

Have castle take me to where Jiksap is. Craft 3 essences.

Bob wandered aimlessly through the tower, but soon found himself next to the door to the council chambers. Jiksap was inside, possibly. It was hard to tell from under the archaic diving suit, but he was surrounded by various mechanical parts and was performing a ritual of some sot with them. Unless another machine mage appeared on the island, he had to be Jiksap.

Damn it... I just want to not die! Why don't you and I see eye to eye, magic? Chorkinaan condenses more of the same material onto the shield, attempting to turn the razor sharp grip round and add a wide rim around the bowl, which should hopefully bring the shield to a usable size. 1 +1/+1 essence. Hopefully, this will render the shield usable, even if it ends up an awkwardly sized buckler. That bowl's catching of weapons could come in handy anyway.
Actually, I'm being too sane about this... I need to step over the boundaries of the original plan once in a while. This could provide a VERY interesting backup, heh heh heh! The grip is razor sharp on both sides, right? The part facing in towards the shield as well as facing out away from it? If that's the case, chorkinaan adds some material with no asked properties onto the INSIDE of the bowl, to create a grip in order for him to wield the shield, using the razor-sharp grip as a weapon, with the bowl acting as a really nice handguard. No essences. (If that's not the case, the plan with a big strike-through on it happens.)

Chorkinaan looked at the shield which was messed up in all ways possible, but where there were flaws, he saw opportunities. He conjured some more of indescribable material he used and created a handle on the other side of the shield, creating sorts of improvised sharpened knuckles. The nonsharp handles on the other side were rather thin, however, and Chorkinann did not want to find out what happened if physicality was broken and magic that held it unwound.

Summon a cluster of mobile sharp cubes, using 3 +1/+1 essences and 2 +1/+0 essences.

Cuberac felt that it was about time to rearm himself. The cube cloud from before worked out reasonably well, aside from all the times they didn’t, even if that was all the time. This time, just as he began casting the spell he felt it running away from him. The spell interpreted his will as a vague suggestion at best, and to Cuberac's terrified fascination, began bending into entirely too many edges. The result was a cube that appeared to be entirely blunt, but still managed to cut Cuberac's finger when he poked it. The blades were hidden somewhere, possibly higher dimensions.

Wayfarer was silent as he processed this new development.

Wayfarer then attempted to work his sword out of the ground and use it as a shield.
PM action.

Wayfarer rushed to his sword raised it out of the ground and placed it against Viznor as a shield. It was a decent idea, and massive size of the sword served the defensive purpose rather well. However, it did have a flaw. It became apparent as Viznor again caused the ground to bind to Wayfarer and hold him in place. The massive size and slow turning rate allowed Viznor to just fly from another side and shoot Wayfarer in the back. The arrow hurt and it seemed to had hit something rather important, possibly the liver, but it was not immediately fatal. But before Wayfarer could start getting used to never being able to drink again, the rest of his organs turned for the worse swiftly and violently. Shimmering black sword appeared pierced through his stomach, and just after the sword, Jase appeared behind Wayfarer in his elemental form, holding said sword. Wayfarer fell into darkness from which he would not rise.

Summon 2 golden eagles,use all non-chaotic essences(adds up to +5/+5)

Seva looked through his expansive memories of birds and chose one that would work until he could finish his large project. Magic congealed in his hand and he tossed a pair of Golden Eagles into the air. They glided around in a circle and landed on Seva's shoulders. Crystal bird, deprived from its usual perching place, landed on Seva's head. Its claws dug it a bit painfully as it searched for a better grip on an object too round for it to perch comfortably.

+4 essences, and try to make yet another ring.

wait no

Try to make the ring again, and then +3 essences.

that was close

Gloomy again attempted to create a ring of curses and bind it to the book. It went significantly better this time, the ring was shaped like a half dozen spiders clutching together in a net. Gloomy put the ring on as last of the slippery fingers curse faded. It glittered beautifully in the aetherlight.

((Missed a few turns, but I'm still around.))

Have another go at attempting to disintegrate Bernardo.

Xom was faster that Bernardo but his reflexive approach that allowed him to move faster resulted in a spell that caused his hair to flash with all colors of the rainbow and fall off in bunches. Bernardo took the opportunity to get physical and possibly disrupt his enemy. His swing was certainly strong enough to cause some serious damage. Xom managed to block the fist meant for his face but it still hurt him at least as much as it did Bernardo, and Sheriff managed to break a few of his fingers with the impact.

Spoiler: Map (click to show/hide)
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 156 Invisible Angel of Death
« Reply #5095 on: April 24, 2016, 04:40:23 pm »

PM's are being processed.

Star2Wars3 the same again, but now you are joined by H4zardZ1.
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5096 on: April 24, 2016, 04:55:16 pm »

[6][6][6][5][6][5][3][5]
what

{You have been blessed by the RNG. What have you sacrificed, I may use it in the future}
I'm pretty sure the first Gloomy died for this, so you're probably out of luck.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2016, 05:01:13 pm by Elephant Parade »

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5097 on: April 24, 2016, 05:13:40 pm »

((... now that Wayfarer's clearly dead: Clearly Viznor and Jase have plans regarding the ice font- otherwise I don't think they would have teamed up for... oh... 2.5 shards each?))

((Now then. If you don't mind, DreamerGhost, I'll do a Completely PM'd Character.))
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5098 on: April 24, 2016, 05:31:10 pm »

((... now that Wayfarer's clearly dead: Clearly Viznor and Jase have plans regarding the ice font- otherwise I don't think they would have teamed up for... oh... 2.5 shards each?))

((Now then. If you don't mind, DreamerGhost, I'll do a Completely PM'd Character.))

((Will you want the afinity to be kept secret in the character sheet? It's pretty interesting one.))

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5099 on: April 24, 2016, 05:37:35 pm »

((Will you want the afinity to be kept secret in the character sheet? It's pretty interesting one.))
((Oh yes, please do. Secret affinity would be wonderful for this one...))

Edit:
((My secret plan for Wayfarer: turn 3 fonts of magic into boxes of Orden, travel to another dimension to preform the opening ritual, use time magic to get it done in a reasonable amount of time, come back and use death power to kill everybody.))
« Last Edit: April 24, 2016, 07:31:45 pm by FallacyofUrist »
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.
Pages: 1 ... 338 339 [340] 341 342 ... 506