Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should freshly entering mages be given +10/+10 worth of random essences?

Yes
- 19 (46.3%)
No
- 9 (22%)
It should be more than that
- 6 (14.6%)
It should be less than that
- 7 (17.1%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 506

Author Topic: Roll to Magic: Turn 268 The finish line  (Read 1181788 times)

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 28 Exploration for Exploitation
« Reply #510 on: September 15, 2014, 11:21:46 pm »

((What are those two planning?))
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #511 on: September 16, 2014, 04:41:38 am »

"Tsk. So, this didn't work..."

Whaz looked at his not-so-white-anymore robes and chuckled:

"Still, this is more appropriate outfit for a full-fledged mage like myself."

I venture further into castle deeps, leaving the door for later experiments. If nothing dangerous is found - two shadow essences.
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #512 on: September 16, 2014, 12:07:40 pm »

((What are those two planning?))
((I believe that you and your mech have began a grand competition of one-up-magiship. Among commoners such competitions are often called "The End Times"))
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #513 on: September 18, 2014, 11:50:13 am »

Turn 29

LUCK [5]

The voices were geting closer. With each step Witness took the voices grew closer and stronger. Yet with each step they became harder to make out, comming from all directions at once. The search would not be an easy one.

Alter it with runes using the runic essence to have an English language setting.

CMP [1+1=2]
POT [6+2=8]

Carving out runes on a tiny peble is difficult even with an instrument that requires no strength and is very precice. David discovered the hard way that doing something as hard requires great consentration, something that is easily smashed by translator reshaping every breath into pure madness. A single slip up was all it took for single voice to turn into unending choir. No longer the translator required words from outside, the power that fueled it suplied them in abundance.

"Thank you Grundar. Good work. If you want something, let me know."
Put the amulet on. Heck yeah, protection from magic!
My mech got unlocked, right? Climb in and try moving the arms and taking a few steps.
And of course craft 1 summoning essence and one healing essence.

LUCK [10] {Why dice ;_;}
CMP [6+1=7]
POT [1+1+1=3]
CMP [5]
POT [5+1+1-1=6]

Grundar, after admiring the new tower sized robot for a bit, scampered off back to his unfinished lunch. The time was now, there were no other reasons to wait. Confidently, James climbed up he mech and steped inside. With same self asured smile he sat down in pilot seat and put his hand on controls. As the seat ajusted for his weight and figure, multitude of panels flashed to life. A helmet lowered from the ceiling, and mage eagerly put it on. As the various systems adjusted for their new pilot and his psyche, basic instructions of mech control flashed on helmets glass interface. With a light touch james inspected status of all systems. Power was at full 100%. Weapons were charged and ready. Sensors and computers created a realistic immage of immedet surroundings to make it look like top of the mech was made of clear glass. Built in bar dispensed a chalice of cold champane to the immediete right of pilots seat. Just to keep himself in  shape mage summoned a pair of essenses. It wouldnt do to be spoiled just now. Oh wait, there is auto-aiming system here. Nevermind, relaxation ahoy!

"Hmm, yes, yes. This pocket world needs my guiding hand. I can already see the path forming."

Create two vector essences.
Head towards the volcano (greeting any mages I pass by) and look for two nice, fist sized rocks suitable for skull-bash...*cough* ...for applied guidance.

SPD [(5)/2+1=3.5]
CMP [3+1=4]
POT [3+1=4]
CMP [5]
CMP [5]
LUCK [2]
END [4]

Aoshi, being somone who guided others, always had a clear plan of actions wherever he was. Greet the locals, check. Head over to the most inhospitable place to avoid rivals and door-to-door salesman, in progres. Get suplies for large scale spells, going well with two fine esenses for now. Find something hard to enforce finer points of your advice, well... Aoshi had found a rather promising looking stone. large, but not too large, so it can still be caried. It was a bunddle of sharp looking edges too. Yet as the guide atempted to raise the stone with a cantrip, it exploded in a shower of shards. thankfully, they failed to do any damage, yet it served as a reminder that despite pretty looks, this was still a battlefield.

"Shall we?"

Create three essences in preparation. [Edit:] Oh yeah, then go through the portal.
"Indeed. This should be fun."

Two more aether essences, then through the portal.

CMP [1+1=2]
POT [3+1=4]
CMP [3]
POT [1]
CMP [3+1-2=2]
POT [6+1-2=5]

Maybe it was mushrooms releasing spores, maybe it had something to do with opening a portal to other dimension recently, or maybe it was one of other hunderth possible reasons, but all of Crimsons esense creations went out half baked. Yet this did not deter the mage and he ventured forth.

CMP [5+1=6]
POT [3+1=4]
CMP [1]
POT [5]

Jase crafted fewer esenses than his companion, yet they were of higer quoality. Well, one of them was. Nevertheless, mage followed his friend through the portal arch.

LUCK [8]

The mushroom world proved to be surprisingly nice. Air was breathable, better yet, mushrooms seemed to give off a faint pleasant smell. Temperature seemed to hover at around 23 degrees celsius, whatever wildlife there was, was too small to be a problem. Sky was tinted yellow instead of blue, and was without a single cloud. Suroundings were silent, but not eerily so. It seemed safe, for now at least.

"Tsk. So, this didn't work..."

Whaz looked at his not-so-white-anymore robes and chuckled:

"Still, this is more appropriate outfit for a full-fledged mage like myself."

I venture further into castle deeps, leaving the door for later experiments. If nothing dangerous is found - two shadow essences.

LUCK [6]
CMP [3+1=4]
POT [3]
CMP [4]
POT [3-1=2]

Whaz gave up on the door and the cursed lock, chosing to explore rest of the dungeon instead. Which proved to be smaller than it initialy looked, as Whaz found himself back at the point where he fell in. Seeing no reason to continue exploring, shadow mage conjured a pair of shadow esenses. One was fine, the other did not had the power to make a spell greater. With a dissapointed *tisk*, Whaz refocused his thoughts on his next move.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #514 on: September 18, 2014, 11:56:25 am »

Begin my search, I have time
Yep, the sig is here
Whoops. Well, shit. Typical salsacookies.
I don't need my cavities checked. I just went to the dentist! Ba-dum-tiss.
I am a Christian

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #515 on: September 18, 2014, 01:46:59 pm »

"The path isn't always easy." Aoshi says dusting stone shards off his robes.

Continue looking for previously mentioned educational tools and create two more essences.
Travel to southeast, following shores of the whirlpool lake.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #516 on: September 18, 2014, 01:58:26 pm »

If you cannot influence the door - why not try to do something with weapons?

I use all essences on two different spells:
Imbuing the first sword with the power of death, ideally withering everything its edge comes across. 4 shards for +4 POT. (total +2-?;+4)
If it survives - same sword undergoes spell intended to give its edge ethereality through the use of shadow energies.(total +3-2;+2)
« Last Edit: September 19, 2014, 03:42:14 am by Sarrak »
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #517 on: September 18, 2014, 02:36:32 pm »

Try and draw runes of sharpness on a branch.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #518 on: September 18, 2014, 02:52:16 pm »

Aether sense this place with one +1/+1 essence and one +1 CMP essence. I'm assuming the abomination followed me. Of not, it better get its ass in here. Even though I'm pretty sure I told it to follow me earlier.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2014, 09:25:09 pm by Beirus »
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #519 on: September 18, 2014, 03:04:47 pm »

"The path isn't always easy." Aoshi says dusting stone shards off his robes.

Continue looking for previously mentioned educational tools and create two more essences.
Travel to southeast, following shores of the whirlpool lake.

((...South? ...East? That's directly backwards down the path you came. That's somewhat away from volcano. You sure?))

If you cannot influence the door - why not try to do something with weapons?

I use all essences on two different spells:
Imbuing the first sword with the power of death, ideally withering everything its edge comes across.
If it survives - same sword undergoes spell intended to give its edge ethereality through the use of shadow energies.

I'm not sure how much power proper withering would need, so +4 POW to the first spell with shards. It can't go wrong, right?

((Your total ammount of death POT in esenses is 1. Would you like another plan?))
((Nevermind. I am an illiterate tard))
« Last Edit: September 19, 2014, 09:35:51 am by DreamerGhost »
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 29 Mech bar
« Reply #520 on: September 18, 2014, 03:13:26 pm »

It's not +1, but 0 (two essence, one essence is detrimental to potence). That's why I use +4 POT from shards (see the bottom, will re-edit it to be more obvious).

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #521 on: September 18, 2014, 03:29:24 pm »

((The amulet and the box of gems aren't in my inventory. Neither is that empty teargas grenade canister.))

James drinks the champagne. Maybe he does have the knack for summoning after all.
Then he picks up the biggest shipwreck from the lake and puts it on the shore.
And of course creates one summoning and one healing essence.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #522 on: September 18, 2014, 05:04:32 pm »

((If I were to die without someone killing me could I dedicate my soul shards to someone?))

Crimson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #523 on: September 18, 2014, 06:33:32 pm »

"Need essences!"

Try to craft another three.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #524 on: September 18, 2014, 08:33:58 pm »

((If I were to die without someone killing me could I dedicate my soul shards to someone?))
((Better have at least one dedicated to James. You still owe me one.))
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 506