Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should freshly entering mages be given +10/+10 worth of random essences?

Yes
- 19 (46.3%)
No
- 9 (22%)
It should be more than that
- 6 (14.6%)
It should be less than that
- 7 (17.1%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Pages: 1 ... 342 343 [344] 345 346 ... 506

Author Topic: Roll to Magic: Turn 268 The finish line  (Read 1179766 times)

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 157 Bombastic Boss Battle Begins
« Reply #5145 on: April 28, 2016, 05:39:27 pm »

((CRIKEY. That boss.))

Act One. Scene One. Mista J. investigates the mystery castle.

"Now that's a big one- a castle I have seen, whatever could it be? What could be within? Whatever could be within? Now with my face's grin! And now- I HOPE- to hear- SOMEBODY- say- COME IN!"

Mista J. dances off to the castle, and attempts to get inside, making 4 (???) essences as he does so.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #5146 on: April 28, 2016, 05:59:34 pm »

((I really miss my staff...))

Kahel hissed in pain and tried to alleviate it somewhat with careful cooling.

Cool the skin, making it insensate for a time.
Retreat to the lake while ordering acidic ball to attack.
Prepare for second round by using lake water to form several water blobs - future projectiles, jets or something else entirely, I'm not still sure.
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
  • likes dragons for their fiery breath
    • View Profile
« Reply #5147 on: April 28, 2016, 07:29:18 pm »

((Wait I'm still alive?

Ummmm......))

Try to find out what everyone is up to
Kids make great meat shields.
I nominate endlessblaze as our chief military executive!

Zormod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5148 on: April 28, 2016, 11:25:33 pm »

Summon a generic cube. Toss the cube off of the world. Form 2 essences as I watch.

ironsnake345

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOMAIN:REFERENCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5149 on: April 29, 2016, 12:04:01 am »

((CRIKEY. That boss.))

Act One. Scene One. Mista J. investigates the mystery castle.

"Now that's a big one- a castle I have seen, whatever could it be? What could be within? Whatever could be within? Now with my face's grin! And now- I HOPE- to hear- SOMEBODY- say- COME IN!"

Mista J. dances off to the castle, and attempts to get inside, making 4 ( ??? ) essences as he does so.
Chorkinaan could not contain his laughter. What he had just witnessed was hilarious by means of being absolutely over-the-top and completely awesome.

PHHHAHAHA!!! I- ha ha! Holy crap! Ok, I have definitely NEVER met that guy before! There's no way in HELL that I would EVER forget somebody with such a... such an imposing presence!

Heh he ha, ok, aahh... Alright, back to business. Man, that just shattered my train of thought. I think I was on the idea of third time's the charm? Actually... This is a pretty sizeable sheet, just add an arm strap and I've probably got a functioning XXL square buckler. I'll probably whittle some material off of this at some point, make a few modifications, but until then, I suppose this'll work.

My gods, but I'm a chatterbox when I have only myself to talk to, thought Chorkinaan. After finishing laughing at the sheer over-the-top epicness of the very imposing man dancing towards the castle, Chorkinaan adds a strap of fabric-like(-?) physicality material onto the physicality sheet, leaving just enough room between the strap and the edge that a balled-up fist wouldn't show from behind the resulting shield if the strap were worn/fastened/whatever over the wrist.(0 because this is just aiming) He aims for the strap to be centered around the midpoint of the sheet's edge.(0, see before)

((The idea is that it's on the edge so that the hanging-off portion can be braced against the forearm, therefore making for better stability against crushing blows.))
I think I just retroactively murdered a less lucky version of myself from a parallel universe. Also do I still have a baguette?
Are my memes dank enough for you?
Thanks to the internet-cromancer, my internet has been revived. I'm back, baby!

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #5150 on: April 29, 2016, 01:48:33 am »

"Troll planting flaming trees? Yes, when wizards go war, natural order retreats. I heard some of the recently arrived wizards bear particularly dangerous industrial affinity. After I have dealt with danger they present, I will return to help against blade diggers. Speaking about, can you direct me to any unoccupied spot of magical potential?"

Inquire about good spot for Yggdrasil and go there. If no location is provided, then continue seeking one. In meanwhile make three essences.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

star2wars3

• Bay Watcher
  • Join The Dark Side!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5151 on: April 29, 2016, 05:15:28 am »

"Troll planting flaming trees? Yes, when wizards go war, natural order retreats. I heard some of the recently arrived wizards bear particularly dangerous industrial affinity. After I have dealt with danger they present, I will return to help against blade diggers. Speaking about, can you direct me to any unoccupied spot of magical potential?"

Inquire about good spot for Yggdrasil and go there. If no location is provided, then continue seeking one. In meanwhile make three essences.
((I knew their had to be monsters with the blade affinity. I'd help you out with them but I have to deal with 1000 Eyes. Oh and just a warning. If you go after one of my guild members IC... I'll let you imagine the rest))

((On second thought, I'm debating on summoning the invasion force from your area to mine. I'd really like an army to attack 1000 Eyes. That or a Kunai machine gun))

« Last Edit: April 29, 2016, 02:50:14 pm by star2wars3 »
((Batshit evil, pessimistic neutral and clumsy good cover nearly entire spectrum. Sadly, but optimists are a rare breed, that is currently running into extinction.))
((That tends to happen when you're optimistic enough to wait out the apocalypse. I wish them plenty of luck, but chances are they'll need it.))

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #5152 on: April 29, 2016, 05:23:03 am »

((I haven't been paying attention what others are doing because there's too many wizards to keep track of, except those who are near me and my forest. I assume thread title is related to your 1000 Eyes.))
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

DAPARROT

• Bay Watcher
  • More parrots
    • View Profile
« Reply #5153 on: April 29, 2016, 09:59:31 am »

Have my birds attack that other guy in the hills(think it's illium) while I stay in the air nearby
I should probably introduce the actual plot soon
7/11 guy, bringer of the apocabeepse. Uplifter of threads. Herald of the hive.

star2wars3

• Bay Watcher
  • Join The Dark Side!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5154 on: April 29, 2016, 02:49:19 pm »

((I haven't been paying attention what others are doing because there's too many wizards to keep track of, except those who are near me and my forest. I assume thread title is related to your 1000 Eyes.))
((Actually, it's 1005 eyes total (And counting)))
((Batshit evil, pessimistic neutral and clumsy good cover nearly entire spectrum. Sadly, but optimists are a rare breed, that is currently running into extinction.))
((That tends to happen when you're optimistic enough to wait out the apocalypse. I wish them plenty of luck, but chances are they'll need it.))

star2wars3

• Bay Watcher
  • Join The Dark Side!
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 156 Invisible Angel of Death
« Reply #5155 on: April 29, 2016, 03:02:33 pm »

I have an idea of something I can summon to beat this thing but in the mean time I'm going to be a sitting duck. If I'm interrupted mid-spell we are probably all dead due to the spell using a large amount of Potency. So if you could stop the 1000 eyes from attacking me, it is much to your benefit.

Skeliborn

Action:

If the Boss is still alive:
Forge a Kunai shooting machine gun with infinite amo.
{Name = Dragon Breaker}
Modifiers:
 -3 Quick Modifier: Can only work in projectiles. Damage is increased by 50% per level, rounded down.
 -3 Cluster Modifier: Allows summoning of multiple objects at the same time, but individually smaller.
Subsection Total: +0POT/-6CMP

Essences:
Blade essence +1/-1
1 Blade essences +1CMP
2 Blade essences +1/+1
Blade essence +1/+2
Subsection Total: +4POT/+5CMP
Resultant Dubuffs: -5SPD/-2.5DEX

Blood Magic Bonus:
+4/+4 (1 greater/ 1 lesser)
Subsection Total: +4POT/+4CMP

Shard Usage:
1 shard → 1 POT
Susection Total: +1POT/+0CMP

Total Spell Bonuses: +9POT/+4CMP
Debuffs: -5SPD/-2.5DEX

Item Sacrifice:
2 Medium Teal Meteor Crystal Shards

If this succeeds, aim at 1000 Eyes and FIRE!!!!!!!!!

Else if the Boss has been killed already:
3 essence routine.

« Last Edit: May 01, 2016, 08:26:20 am by star2wars3 »

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5156 on: April 29, 2016, 04:05:45 pm »

Blood Magic Bonus:
+5/+5
Subsection Total: +5POT/+5CMP

You get +3/+3 for Greater. If you want to use Greater and a doubleshot of lesser, write so.
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

star2wars3

• Bay Watcher
  • Join The Dark Side!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5157 on: April 29, 2016, 05:32:49 pm »

Blood Magic Bonus:
+5/+5

You get +3/+3 for Greater. If you want to use Greater and a doubleshot of lesser, write so.
((I think i'll just go for 2 greaters(Action Fixed)))
« Last Edit: April 29, 2016, 05:35:16 pm by star2wars3 »

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5158 on: April 29, 2016, 05:46:55 pm »

Blood Magic Bonus:
+5/+5

((I think i'll just go for 2 greaters(Action Fixed)))

On one hand, it will work no matter what you roll on END. On another, I doubt you will be getting off the ground soon. Or at all.

EDDIT:I just noticed a problem in a form of suicidal casting. I think I will limit the Blood Power to one of each on a spell. Alternatively, it could be a roll of END to do it above one time for each extra use.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2016, 06:59:12 pm by DreamerGhost »
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

star2wars3

• Bay Watcher
  • Join The Dark Side!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5159 on: April 30, 2016, 05:53:10 am »

((Action fixed. Again))

Also pm'd a question about game mechanics
« Last Edit: April 30, 2016, 06:06:12 am by star2wars3 »
Pages: 1 ... 342 343 [344] 345 346 ... 506