Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should freshly entering mages be given +10/+10 worth of random essences?

Yes
- 19 (46.3%)
No
- 9 (22%)
It should be more than that
- 6 (14.6%)
It should be less than that
- 7 (17.1%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Pages: 1 ... 344 345 [346] 347 348 ... 506

Author Topic: Roll to Magic: Turn 268 The finish line  (Read 1176936 times)

_Shinju_

• Bay Watcher
  • I drink and I forget things
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 157 Bombastic Boss Battle Begins
« Reply #5175 on: May 06, 2016, 05:19:50 am »

I use lesser blood magic on skeliborn to make an absence of wounds and greater blood magic to make an absence of the big holders eyes
what good is a bad ass sword with no armor its like a desktop sized marshmallow with an insta-kill toothpick you will get squished and maybe you will get hits in but you are more likely to die, so good sir wanna be tank GET SOME GOD DAM ARMOR!, * coughs *, i would be more then happy t help if we don't die 

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5176 on: May 06, 2016, 09:38:19 am »

Put on both rings. +4 essences.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5177 on: May 07, 2016, 08:26:27 pm »

Turn 158

Act One. Scene One. Mista J. investigates the mystery castle.

"Now that's a big one- a castle I have seen, whatever could it be? What could be within? Whatever could be within? Now with my face's grin! And now- I HOPE- to hear- SOMEBODY- say- COME IN!"

Mista J. dances off to the castle, and attempts to get inside, making 4 (???) essences as he does so.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Mista J. gazed upon the tall glowing purple tower with perpetual storm cloud cover above and trio of spinning magic circles between the clouds and the tower, and decided that it was a really fine place to visit. He walked, although "walked" might had been a wrong word for what happened. J's feet moved, and his legs moved, although the way they moved was impossible without either years of yoga classes or having bones broken in about ten places. J had a face that did not suggest yoga, which made the walk look positively painful for anyone watching. His legs bent in neat half-circles rather than bending angularly as people usually worked. He arrived at the gates and knocked once. Then twice. Then thrice. Then he knocked a catchy tune. Alas, gates remained closed.

Kahel hissed in pain and tried to alleviate it somewhat with careful cooling.

Cool the skin, making it insensate for a time.
Retreat to the lake while ordering acidic ball to attack.
Prepare for second round by using lake water to form several water blobs - future projectiles, jets or something else entirely, I'm not still sure.

Kahel rushed to cool himself, and in his haste the burned areas became white with frost. But the pain soothed slightly and that was enough for the moment. It was enough to convince him to reduce his escape into a tactical retreat. He sent the acid ball to have fun with the strange jellyfish, but rather than stay and watch he opted to go get some extra firepower. In exact opposite of the literal meaning of firepower, he forced some water to form into tiny orbs and sent them orbiting around himself. Then he sneered, because the orbs were the size of his thumb and did not hold all that much water.

((Wait I'm still alive?

Ummmm......))

Try to find out what everyone is up to

Flare woke from his slumber and looked around. He was alive, which was a surprise. He was also uninjured and in possession of all of his stuff. This was absolutely impossible to a degree that he chose to damn the rules and find out what was happening. Through dangerous and forbidden fourth wall magic, he conjured a slim book with script written on it. He went through it quickly. There were rule changes, as rituals and blood sacrifice were added while essence power was limited(max +5/+5) and using them now slowed people down. They moved to another world. There was a huge ass beholder boss to the eldritch fields in the north and an exceptionally strange structure in northeast. There was a cloud of magic charged dust to southwest, where a patch of reality moonlighting as a beast fought flying magical pyramid. Flare tossed the book aside and it *poof*ed into nonexistence.

Summon a generic cube. Toss the cube off of the world. Form 2 essences as I watch.

Cuberac spoke the words and in his hands appeared a perfectly generic green cube. It sailed through the air easily as Cuberac tossed it off the edge of the world. The cube fell, and it's reflection rose, the two finally meeting after about three seconds and bouncing away. The cube laid on the mirror surface for about five seconds more before disappearing into thin air.

Chorkinaan could not contain his laughter. What he had just witnessed was hilarious by means of being absolutely over-the-top and completely awesome.

PHHHAHAHA!!! I- ha ha! Holy crap! Ok, I have definitely NEVER met that guy before! There's no way in HELL that I would EVER forget somebody with such a... such an imposing presence!

Heh he ha, ok, aahh... Alright, back to business. Man, that just shattered my train of thought. I think I was on the idea of third time's the charm? Actually... This is a pretty sizeable sheet, just add an arm strap and I've probably got a functioning XXL square buckler. I'll probably whittle some material off of this at some point, make a few modifications, but until then, I suppose this'll work.

My gods, but I'm a chatterbox when I have only myself to talk to, thought Chorkinaan. After finishing laughing at the sheer over-the-top epicness of the very imposing man dancing towards the castle, Chorkinaan adds a strap of fabric-like(-?) physicality material onto the physicality sheet, leaving just enough room between the strap and the edge that a balled-up fist wouldn't show from behind the resulting shield if the strap were worn/fastened/whatever over the wrist.(0 because this is just aiming) He aims for the strap to be centered around the midpoint of the sheet's edge.(0, see before)

((The idea is that it's on the edge so that the hanging-off portion can be braced against the forearm, therefore making for better stability against crushing blows.))

Chorkinaan looked at the sheet, not with disappointment, but rather with disjointed sight of one thinking. Not all hope was lost here either. He conjured forth some leather-ish but otherwise indescribable straps and connected them to the sheet. He lifted it experimentally. It was just as uncomfortable as he expected it to be, but it did stay on his hand well enough to be used as a shield. A proper shield, or a full arm gauntlet would be better, but he had this sheet and it would work.

"Troll planting flaming trees? Yes, when wizards go war, natural order retreats. I heard some of the recently arrived wizards bear particularly dangerous industrial affinity. After I have dealt with danger they present, I will return to help against blade diggers. Speaking about, can you direct me to any unoccupied spot of magical potential?"

Inquire about good spot for Yggdrasil and go there. If no location is provided, then continue seeking one. In meanwhile make three essences.

"There is no place within the forest that would be suitable that I know of." responds the druid. This could be a problem. Shias had hoped to find a place of power for Yggdrasil, but if druids didn’t know of any such here, they didn’t exist. It would be impossible for a druid to miss something like that. Shias barely noticed how his vines grew longer and easier to accidentally wrap around something in his disappointment.

Have my birds attack that other guy in the hills(think it's illium) while I stay in the air nearby

Seva gazed from afar as his eagles streaked towards Ilium. His raptors, and Crystal bird attacked as well, but eagles seemed to dominate his sight. It was unsurprising, as eagle was the king of the sky, at least where nonmagical birds were concerned. Their great size covered considerably more of the landscape from Seva's eyes. It did not cover enough to prevent Seva from seeing if not the strangest sight of his life, then at least the strangest since coming here. As eagle impacted Ilium, the man bent over backwards in a way that suggested spine turning liquid. It was followed quickly by liquidation of bone in both hands and legs, after which his opponent seemingly disappeared entirely, folding up into nothingness.

I have an idea of something I can summon to beat this thing but in the mean time I'm going to be a sitting duck. If I'm interrupted mid-spell we are probably all dead due to the spell using a large amount of Potency. So if you could stop the 1000 eyes from attacking me, it is much to your benefit.

Skeliborn

Action:

If the Boss is still alive:
Forge a Kunai shooting machine gun with infinite amo.
{Name = Dragon Breaker}
Modifiers:
 -3 Quick Modifier: Can only work in projectiles. Damage is increased by 50% per level, rounded down.
 -3 Cluster Modifier: Allows summoning of multiple objects at the same time, but individually smaller.
Subsection Total: +0POT/-6CMP

Essences:
Blade essence +1/-1
1 Blade essences +1CMP
2 Blade essences +1/+1
Blade essence +1/+2
Subsection Total: +4POT/+5CMP
Resultant Dubuffs: -5SPD/-2.5DEX

Blood Magic Bonus:
+4/+4 (1 greater/ 1 lesser)
Subsection Total: +4POT/+4CMP

Shard Usage:
1 shard → 1 POT
Susection Total: +1POT/+0CMP

Total Spell Bonuses: +9POT/+4CMP
Debuffs: -5SPD/-2.5DEX

Item Sacrifice:
2 Medium Teal Meteor Crystal Shards

If this succeeds, aim at 1000 Eyes and FIRE!!!!!!!!!

Else if the Boss has been killed already:
3 essence routine.

((Well. Godsdamn.))
Evasive manuvers!
Invert the probability of the bigholder's sudden and immediate death. Use my one essence.

"We got a problem here..."

Try to convert the cyan eye to electricity. Use 1 +1POT and 1 +1CMP essence(s?).
I use lesser blood magic on skeliborn to make an absence of wounds and greater blood magic to make an absence of the big holders eyes
what good is a bad ass sword with no armor its like a desktop sized marshmallow with an insta-kill toothpick you will get squished and maybe you will get hits in but you are more likely to die, so good sir wanna be tank GET SOME GOD DAM ARMOR!, * coughs *, i would be more then happy t help if we don't die 
Appearance of gargantuan beholder was met with panic. And wizards panic in much the same way they express all other emotions, by firing off a flurry of spells. Nihilum was first, and unusually for a mage, his efforts were intentionally helpful. Burns disappeared from Skeliborn, leaving him in far better condition to avoid swift death.

Gambler and Eterna were next, firing off offensive magic, yet intricately magical nature of Beholder left their efforts lesser than they desired, but still significant. After Gambler fired off his death magic, a fair number of the thousand eyeballs simply exploded and the creature reeled backwards. Eterna's effort was slightly less rewarding as cyan eyeball discharged energy to nearby eyes, seemingly without great harm.

[Cyan, Red and Chitin easier to dodge by 1]

Skeliborn took the treat seriously and committed most of the four mages to the fight. He supercharged his magic by both blood and dragonshards, conjuring up a weapon worthy of his opponent. It was not a gun for a man to wield, it was a siege weapon. The thing could have been an AA flak gun for a society that traded off science for magic. The gun was facing the beholder, which was fortunate, as Skeliborn had no hopes of moving the thing. The release trigger looked intimidatingly large, possibly too large to move, but Skeliborn was optimistic on his success in that regard at least. The trouble was, such a weapon would be noticed and attacked after the first shot. The effect, however, should be devastating. Then Skeliborn felt the backlash from the blood magic. First pass felt like getting punched in the stomach by a boxer, which was one of the weaker side effects. The second pass sharpened Skeliborn's hand bones for just a second, resulting in his hands becoming bright red from internal bleeding. The ring would take care of this; he was lucky enough this time.

The Beholder reared its Chitin Eye. The ghastly thing split in the middle, revealing several rows of glowing teeth and enough poison to create a pale brown mist. It shot forward, aimed squarely at Gambler, following his every escape maneuver. Just before it snatched the mage, however, blue streak of electricity arched off it into the ground and they "eye" jerked to the side, missing Gambler but knocking him off his feet.

Spoiler: Boss Beholder (click to show/hide)

"This is where we plant it."

Hand Grundar a shovel made from the omnicube and ask him to start digging.

Wait a while and if no one comes to object then begin the ritual to summon the tree here.
Sacrifices: Enchanted leaf megaphone, monomolecular wooden spear, and three acorns.
First turn use 5/5 of essences and 1/1 blood magic.

Grundar began digging a pit, while James forged a ritual array. Magic connected to the sacrificial items and extended towards the forest where sapling of burning tree grew. It wrapped around it, and then under it, snatching the ground there as well. It seemed excessive to use such a spell for this, but forest had magic of its own and druids were not to be underestimated in their ability to meddle. Still, James felt that if he collapsed the ritual now, without outside interference, the sapling would arrive safely. Then the blood magic took its price and James coughed out a mouthful of blood. His throat hurt, but not quite so much that he'd have a basis to suspect something lethal. Speaking or eating would be a fair bit more difficult though.

{Dammaged throat, -1/-1 to casting, -1LUCK to conversations.}

Have castle send me to its largest room. Use 3 + Potency paleomage essences to make it an adult and obedient to me.

(Note: Do I still have my juvenile Utahraptor and adult Deinonychus with me? I see them on my charsheet, but I haven't done anything with them in a long time.)

{Your dinosaurs are still with you, I skipped out on writing them since you havent done much with them. Also, it seems you missed a sentence there. I'll just asume you are refering to the dino you jsut summoned.}

Bob focused his mind on the dinosaur he had just unintentionally called here. It was angry, and it had a good reason to be so. But Bob rather liked his limbs uneaten, which meant more magic. The unidentified dino grew slightly, seemingly having been not too far from its peak form, and now was looking at Bob with something other than hunger. It was good enough.

Put on both rings. +4 essences.

Gloomy placed the rings on his fingers for easier carrying around, and just to prevent them from getting lost. It could be problematic if someone found such a ring just lying around. He paused the production of more rings to catch his breath. The sights outside hadn't changed much, but that was also fine. It meant that there were no new problems that would need him to solve them.

Spoiler: Map (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 10, 2016, 03:01:49 pm by DreamerGhost »
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 158 Returning fire and teamwork
« Reply #5178 on: May 07, 2016, 08:28:37 pm »

PM's shall be processed tomorow. Retcons are possible, and if your turn is affected by one, I shall post a notice.
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

ironsnake345

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOMAIN:REFERENCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5179 on: May 07, 2016, 09:18:14 pm »

Well, it'll work. Not what I was hoping for, but it'll work. Now, let's see if I can pull this off... Chorkinaan attempts to move the center of mass of his sword closer to the tip, as he once did before.
I think I just retroactively murdered a less lucky version of myself from a parallel universe. Also do I still have a baguette?
Are my memes dank enough for you?
Thanks to the internet-cromancer, my internet has been revived. I'm back, baby!

star2wars3

• Bay Watcher
  • Join The Dark Side!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5180 on: May 07, 2016, 10:02:07 pm »

((I take my statement from last turn back. The sword can be just as powerful as the tazer if used properly))
((Batshit evil, pessimistic neutral and clumsy good cover nearly entire spectrum. Sadly, but optimists are a rare breed, that is currently running into extinction.))
((That tends to happen when you're optimistic enough to wait out the apocalypse. I wish them plenty of luck, but chances are they'll need it.))

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 158 BEHOLD MISTA J.
« Reply #5181 on: May 07, 2016, 10:09:23 pm »

Act One. Scene Two. Mista J. gets irritated. And works his magic deliberately.

"And come on! I just want to share my joy! And COME ON! Is that really to much to ask? To bask in the sun of the castle's courtyard? To give you my card and explain what I do? So I say: It's time to try something new."

Mista J. does a zappidy. PM sending. Then he makes 3 ??? essences...
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

DAPARROT

• Bay Watcher
  • More parrots
    • View Profile
« Reply #5182 on: May 07, 2016, 10:46:28 pm »

Make 2 essences,try to figure out where ilium went,have my birds attack him if he comes back
I should probably introduce the actual plot soon
7/11 guy, bringer of the apocabeepse. Uplifter of threads. Herald of the hive.

H4zardZ1

• Bay Watcher
  • Mostly Harmless
    • View Profile
« Reply #5183 on: May 07, 2016, 11:05:23 pm »

Same as before, but this time at the Chitin eyeball.
Quote from: Rock
Quote from: Comrade Qwasich
Stop bullying children
I can't
I have to bully children
Sigtext and other things

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #5184 on: May 08, 2016, 03:59:25 am »

Well, I have to work with I have then.

Seek out a calm place to work on, and for love of RNGesus, please let me be alone for once.
Make two essences.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

star2wars3

• Bay Watcher
  • Join The Dark Side!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5185 on: May 08, 2016, 07:17:55 am »

3, 2, 1, FIRE!!!!!!!!!
Skeliborn

Action:
Fire the Dragon Breaker
(Keep the trigger in the on state so that the Dragon Breaker continuously fires)
« Last Edit: May 08, 2016, 07:32:11 am by star2wars3 »
((Batshit evil, pessimistic neutral and clumsy good cover nearly entire spectrum. Sadly, but optimists are a rare breed, that is currently running into extinction.))
((That tends to happen when you're optimistic enough to wait out the apocalypse. I wish them plenty of luck, but chances are they'll need it.))

Zormod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5186 on: May 08, 2016, 11:32:06 am »

Move to that purple tower, form 2 essences.

XXXXYYYY

• Bay Watcher
  • Been a long time.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5187 on: May 08, 2016, 05:13:34 pm »

((I seem to have acquired aggro. Balls.))
Dodge, dodge, dodge, dodge. Aggro has been achieved. Maintain it until SB's Hueg Dakka Cannon has a chance to fire. If any part of the Bigholder gets too close, shank it.
If it won't end up getting me killed, decrease the chance of the HDC being destroyed.
Oooooooo. I know. ClF3. That should be a fun surprise.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5188 on: May 08, 2016, 05:16:28 pm »

Feed my book the two +1/+1 chaotic curse essences. +3 essences.

star2wars3

• Bay Watcher
  • Join The Dark Side!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5189 on: May 08, 2016, 07:41:43 pm »

((DG: You revealed one of the eye's powers this turn without editing that part of the beholder's stats))
((Chitin eye power: poison))
Chitin Eye. The ghastly thing split in the middle, revealing several rows of glowing teeth and enough poison to create a pale brown mist.
Pages: 1 ... 344 345 [346] 347 348 ... 506