Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should freshly entering mages be given +10/+10 worth of random essences?

Yes
- 19 (46.3%)
No
- 9 (22%)
It should be more than that
- 6 (14.6%)
It should be less than that
- 7 (17.1%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Pages: 1 ... 345 346 [347] 348 349 ... 506

Author Topic: Roll to Magic: Turn 268 The finish line  (Read 1180922 times)

thegamemaster1234

• Bay Watcher
  • [LINUX_USER]
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 157 Bombastic Boss Battle Begins
« Reply #5190 on: May 09, 2016, 01:02:14 pm »

It seems that Bob managed to summon something alive among dead things. He can probably handle it, though; such things tend to end up as allies anyway. Presuming it can fit through the doors, which the oddly placed thought text seemed to reference. And here I am providing a reference to other character's thought text inside my thought text! This is so totally meta!

Also, shouldn't that creature be forgetting what it's doing about now? The auras ARE back up, aren't they?

Continue that ritual!

((Did this happen? Also, this is my next action as well (providing the roll for this succeeded). A thing in {} below my action saying my current built up POT would be nice too.))

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 157 Bombastic Boss Battle Begins
« Reply #5191 on: May 09, 2016, 02:27:16 pm »

It seems that Bob managed to summon something alive among dead things. He can probably handle it, though; such things tend to end up as allies anyway. Presuming it can fit through the doors, which the oddly placed thought text seemed to reference. And here I am providing a reference to other character's thought text inside my thought text! This is so totally meta!

Also, shouldn't that creature be forgetting what it's doing about now? The auras ARE back up, aren't they?

Continue that ritual!

((Did this happen? Also, this is my next action as well (providing the roll for this succeeded). A thing in {} below my action saying my current built up POT would be nice too.))

{Damnit, missed this. The thing with progress stats is in the rolls spoiler.}
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

As the ritual continued, Jiksap noticed that the items he wanted to combine began moving. The ritual was working, and it was working well. He was over halfway there.
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

star2wars3

• Bay Watcher
  • Join The Dark Side!
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 158 Returning fire and teamwork
« Reply #5192 on: May 09, 2016, 08:08:26 pm »

((DG: You revealed one of the eye's powers this turn without editing that part of the beholder's stats))
((Chitin eye power: poison))
Chitin Eye. The ghastly thing split in the middle, revealing several rows of glowing teeth and enough poison to create a pale brown mist.
((It seems you missed the earlier so here's the quote))
((Batshit evil, pessimistic neutral and clumsy good cover nearly entire spectrum. Sadly, but optimists are a rare breed, that is currently running into extinction.))
((That tends to happen when you're optimistic enough to wait out the apocalypse. I wish them plenty of luck, but chances are they'll need it.))

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5193 on: May 10, 2016, 09:57:18 am »

I think you misunderstood the purpose of this ritual. I'm trying to summon the original tree or what's left of it from Duck Island to here.

Take a healing pill and continue the ritual. 5/5 more essences.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5194 on: May 10, 2016, 03:00:27 pm »

((DG: You revealed one of the eye's powers this turn without editing that part of the beholder's stats))
((Chitin eye power: poison))
Chitin Eye. The ghastly thing split in the middle, revealing several rows of glowing teeth and enough poison to create a pale brown mist.
((It seems you missed the earlier so here's the quote))

{Added.}

I think you misunderstood the purpose of this ritual. I'm trying to summon the original tree or what's left of it from Duck Island to here.

{That makes a lot more sense, how did I miss that? Roll's stay the same, so I'll just write how you used the sapling as a focus next turn.}
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5195 on: May 10, 2016, 07:21:03 pm »

Action PM'd.

thegamemaster1234

• Bay Watcher
  • [LINUX_USER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5196 on: May 11, 2016, 08:34:29 am »

Just keep ritual'in...

Continue that ritual!

_Shinju_

• Bay Watcher
  • I drink and I forget things
    • View Profile
« Reply #5197 on: May 11, 2016, 12:22:35 pm »

i remove the absence of the enchant absence of inaccuracy on the gun
You better be able to fire at the beholder. . . it may not be armor but this will hopfuly work

thegamemaster1234

• Bay Watcher
  • [LINUX_USER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5198 on: May 11, 2016, 12:26:32 pm »

((DG: what does the "chaotic" rating on the ritual mean? Is it just for keeping track of how many sacrifices have been burned? Also, you said that stuff would destabilize on a 6, but I got a 7 (with 5 base roll) so if the idea is that it also applies to numbers lower than 1 (makes sense) or higher than 6 you should say so in the rules.))
« Last Edit: May 11, 2016, 12:29:56 pm by thegamemaster1234 »

_Shinju_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5199 on: May 11, 2016, 12:28:20 pm »

You better be able to fire at the beholder. . . it may not be armor but this will hopfuly work
((Also, be mildly surprised when "enchant absence of accuracy" actually makes the gun less accurate.))
((it says inaccuracy ))

thegamemaster1234

• Bay Watcher
  • [LINUX_USER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5200 on: May 11, 2016, 12:31:00 pm »

((I realized my mistake and edited my post to contain something more meaningful ;)))

_Shinju_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5201 on: May 11, 2016, 12:32:04 pm »

((I realized my mistake and edited my post to contain something more meaningful ;)))
((okay))

Prismatic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5202 on: May 11, 2016, 03:35:37 pm »

Xom chose a new target for his attack. Clearly, Bernardo's body was impervious to alterations, and so, Xom opted to attack sheriff’s mind instead. Torrent of unconnected thoughts of color and music and taste and frogs flooded Xom's mind, and he began wondering if he had miscast something. When the flood exhausted itself, Xom noticed that he was standing as if he had tossed something and Bernardo was lying in the dirt, as if he charged and someone tossed him forwards. Maybe it wasn't a miscast after all.

Take advantage of the sheriff's prone status by distorting the ground around him. How are the beast and pyramid faring?

Trewque

• Bay Watcher
  • Revan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5203 on: May 13, 2016, 10:42:54 am »

"Well, what's done is done. Now all I need is another type of fossil in order to begin a ritual."\

Summon fossil from the Pleistocene Epoch.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5204 on: May 13, 2016, 07:40:47 pm »

Turn 159

Well, it'll work. Not what I was hoping for, but it'll work. Now, let's see if I can pull this off... Chorkinaan attempts to move the center of mass of his sword closer to the tip, as he once did before.

Chorkinaan's mind ventured out and about the effect of surprise. The way to deal with a sword was to parry it, ideally by the tip for easy redirection. What if it was an axe? What if the sword was an axe? Mass of his blade shifted towards the tip with no recognizable outward effects, but Chorkinaan felt it move, turning his sword into an axe.

Act One. Scene Two. Mista J. gets irritated. And works his magic deliberately.

"And come on! I just want to share my joy! And COME ON! Is that really to much to ask? To bask in the sun of the castle's courtyard? To give you my card and explain what I do? So I say: It's time to try something new."

Mista J. does a zappidy. PM sending. Then he makes 3 ??? essences...

Mista J., Slightly offended by this disruption to his exploration, bent the reality to conjure a wand of uncommon power specializing in creating various gateways. To a less magically inclined observer, it would have appeared that Mista J. pulled out a paintbrush. A bit of conjuring later, Mista J. stepped through the newly created door into the Tower's courtyard.

Make 2 essences,try to figure out where ilium went,have my birds attack him if he comes back

Seva and his entourage scattered out, looking for where Ilium might have gone and how he did it. But even sharp eyes of the eagles found nothing, and Seva was left with nothing of note. The crystal bird seemed to be quite alright with that and was catching and eating butterflies.

Same as before, but this time at the Chitin eyeball.
3, 2, 1, FIRE!!!!!!!!!
Skeliborn

Action:
Fire the Dragon Breaker
(Keep the trigger in the on state so that the Dragon Breaker continuously fires)

((I seem to have acquired aggro. Balls.))
Dodge, dodge, dodge, dodge. Aggro has been achieved. Maintain it until SB's Hueg Dakka Cannon has a chance to fire. If any part of the Bigholder gets too close, shank it.
If it won't end up getting me killed, decrease the chance of the HDC being destroyed.

Eterna, looking at the Chitin eye chasing after Gambler had an idea, the ancient idea that was born when for the first time a man outnumbered one of mankind’s many enemies. He flanked and blindsided the eyeball. Figuratively blindsided, as other eyes were still looking at him, but it was close enough. Chunks of the eye turned blue for a moment, and the discharged with a thunderclap, sending blood and smell of fried meat everywhere. The "eye" roared in pain, but continued chasing after Gambler.

However, Gambler was not just blindly running, or at least he later would say everyone that he wasn't just blindly running. Allegedly, he had a plan. He cast a spell to reinforce the weapon Skeliborn had created, which mostly fizzled, and what remained made the device creak ominously. From a safer position, Nihilum attempted to fix the lack of accuracy on the gun through careful abuse of his talents (The modus operandi for all wizards), and succeeded. The gun now shot in straight accurate lines. It still couldn't be aimed duo to its weight.

Gambler ran few last steps to his goal and ran forward, putting it all to luck as he often did. Behind him, the chitin eye opened up even more in anticipation for its meal. In front of him, Skeliborn's weapon opened fire. Miniature blades flew with great speed from the device with seemingly no limit. In moments, Chitin eye was backing away, its mouth full of ichor and sharp edges. It closed its mighty gob, only to have the previously undamaged outer portion become exposed to unrelenting fire of blades. It reeled backwards further, losing entirely too many chunks of meat to be really threatening again, but before it truly fell, Skeliborn's arms failed him and the gun's rattling threw him off onto the ground. To his great amazement, this turned out to be lucky, as the absence charged lightning eye sent a bolt through the trigger, where he just was, flaying it into dust.

{Chitin Eye horibly dammaged, it cannot be used anymore, but is leaking literaly tons of poison into the water.}

{Skeleton army scouts arive next turn.}

Spoiler: Boss Beholder (click to show/hide)

Take a healing pill and continue the ritual. 5/5 more essences.

James was prepared for situation such as this, where he needed healing and magic was not an option. Aura of the Tower probably would had patched him up before long, but there was no need. James swallowed one of his heal-all pills, and felt, to his relief, his throat reforming into what it was supposed to be. He continued the ritual, jumping from the sapling outwards, tracing back by its memory of the tree it once was. There was a full tree there. James could see it now in his mind's eye.

Feed my book the two +1/+1 chaotic curse essences. +3 essences.

Gloomier was too, in the tower and he was also trying a long term project, but his wasn't a ritual. He had a living tome of curses, and empowering it was as simple as giving it power. Few sparks of devious and sudden harm floated from Gloomy's fingers into the book and it flared as it devoured the sparks. It hungered for more.

Just keep ritual'in...

Continue that ritual!

Jiksap charged the magic around him more. The parts took to the air as some magic freed itself from Jiksap's careful bindings and caught onto the ritual. It couldn't do anything too far outside the parameters set by Jiksap, but it might still add a trick of its own. It would not be too long now.

Xom chose a new target for his attack. Clearly, Bernardo's body was impervious to alterations, and so, Xom opted to attack sheriff’s mind instead. Torrent of unconnected thoughts of color and music and taste and frogs flooded Xom's mind, and he began wondering if he had miscast something. When the flood exhausted itself, Xom noticed that he was standing as if he had tossed something and Bernardo was lying in the dirt, as if he charged and someone tossed him forwards. Maybe it wasn't a miscast after all.

Take advantage of the sheriff's prone status by distorting the ground around him. How are the beast and pyramid faring?

Xom made good use of Bernardo's troubles, and added some on top of it infusing the ground with some extra magic. Brnardo found his progress of getting back on his feet suddenly impeded as dirt turned into glass and chalk, both of which were somehow uncharacteristically slippery and gooey. Xom took the chance to spare a glance at the battle between pyramid and the beast. The beast seemed worse off of the two, now raggedy around the edges and fading, but still trying to take chunks out of the pyramid. The pyramid was a bit better, but not by much, there were stones missing and broken, with only the glowing top remaining unscathed.

"Well, what's done is done. Now all I need is another type of fossil in order to begin a ritual."\

Summon fossil from the Pleistocene Epoch.

Bob called back to the past again and pulled out a long and heavy bone. It was prehistoric ivory of a mammoth, a rather poor exhibit in Bob's expert opinion, but good enough for his purposes. The time was now. Soon, all would witness his glory.

Spoiler: Map (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 16, 2016, 11:42:44 am by DreamerGhost »
Pages: 1 ... 345 346 [347] 348 349 ... 506