Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should freshly entering mages be given +10/+10 worth of random essences?

Yes
- 19 (46.3%)
No
- 9 (22%)
It should be more than that
- 6 (14.6%)
It should be less than that
- 7 (17.1%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 506

Author Topic: Roll to Magic: Turn 268 The finish line  (Read 1163869 times)

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 29 Mech bar
« Reply #525 on: September 18, 2014, 09:00:40 pm »

((If I were to die without someone killing me could I dedicate my soul shards to someone?))
((Better have at least one dedicated to James. You still owe me one.))
((I was thinking all of them.))

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #526 on: September 18, 2014, 09:18:22 pm »

((If I were to die without someone killing me could I dedicate my soul shards to someone?))
((Better have at least one dedicated to James. You still owe me one.))
((I was thinking all of them.))
((Alright, If I die you can have my mech, staff, amulet, all my shards, and Grundar.))
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #527 on: September 19, 2014, 03:39:43 am »

((It's not possible to get shards from a magic-unrelated death. Shards are dying creature's breath and must be properly "caught" & condenced to work. If you die under a thirty tons of steel by your own mistake, no shards for anyone. The concept was somewhat prooved by Isaac (first). BTW, taking shards from people is an evil act - they can't be reborn with their soul gone.))
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #528 on: September 19, 2014, 08:14:33 am »

What about magical suicide?

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #529 on: September 19, 2014, 08:49:07 am »

What about magical suicide?
Really? Collect your own soul while dying?
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 28 Exploration for Exploitation
« Reply #530 on: September 19, 2014, 09:56:51 am »

((...South? ...East? That's directly backwards down the path you came. That's somewhat away from volcano. You sure?))
South east is down right. At least in my maps. I went to volcano just to get some stones, since I assumed they would be easier to find there. So current action is to find rocks first and travel after that.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 28 Exploration for Exploitation
« Reply #531 on: September 19, 2014, 01:24:38 pm »

((...South? ...East? That's directly backwards down the path you came. That's somewhat away from volcano. You sure?))
South east is down right. At least in my maps. I went to volcano just to get some stones, since I assumed they would be easier to find there. So current action is to find rocks first and travel after that.

((Yeah, figured my mistake when considering direction later and crossed out that sentence becouse of that. Whatever you desire, I'll just roll the dice for it.))
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #532 on: September 22, 2014, 10:25:44 am »

Turn 30

LUCK [3]

With each step voices grew more distant. With an annoyed grunt, Witness turned around and went backwards for the sixth time.

"The path isn't always easy." Aoshi says dusting stone shards off his robes.

Continue looking for previously mentioned educational tools and create two more essences.
Travel to southeast, following shores of the whirlpool lake.

LUCK [9]
CMP [6+1=7]
POT [3+1=4]
CMP [6]
POT [5]
SPD [(5)/2+1=3.5]

Continued search provided far more satisfying results for Aoshi. A hard crystaline structure with rather numerous sharp edges and a roundish chunk of ferous substance rested in his hand. Each was the size of two fists put together and both were most likely of metoric origins. Guide's fine findings were suplemented by sucessfull spels. Both esenses made out fine, though one of them hod some excess inteligence. Barely burdened by his search or casting, Aoshi ventured forth to explore the lakeside.

If you cannot influence the door - why not try to do something with weapons?

I use all essences on two different spells:
Imbuing the first sword with the power of death, ideally withering everything its edge comes across. 4 shards for +4 POT. (total +2-?;+4)
If it survives - same sword undergoes spell intended to give its edge ethereality through the use of shadow energies.(total +3-2;+2)

CMP [3+1+1+1-1=5]
POT [5+4=9]
CMP [4+1+1+1-2-1+2=6]
POT [5+2-1=6]

Not satisfiedd with what can be found within the ruined castle, Whaz decided to craft a weapon of ultimate destruction all on his own.  First, using up all of his death esenses and a few of soul shards he infused the sword with death energies to age whatever it touched to death. Then, as steel finshed absorbing vile power, shadow mage enchanted it once more, wraping edges in shadows, fusing them into blade until the sword itself was corporeal as shadows. As Whaz picked up the blade, he could feel the power veiled up within. Then the feeling sudenly dissapeared. As mage looked upon his arm, his alarm grew tenfold. His swordarm had withered and his skin turned leathery all the way to his elbow. Yet alarm was replaced with surprise, as Whaz discovered that he could still use the arm just fine, and that he had suffered no strength loss. Yes, that arm would no longer feel anything until, probably, the end of days, but with a track of magical success like his, Whaz was rather happy that this was the end of it.

Try and draw runes of sharpness on a branch.

CMP [5+1=6]
POT [5+2=7]

Seeking a new creation, David chose first to create a rather sharp stick. A monomolecular sharp, as he found out when runes stabilized. Truly, one facinating result.

Aether sense this place with one +1/+1 essence and one +1 CMP essence. I'm assuming the abomination followed me. Of not, it better get its ass in here. Even though I'm pretty sure I told it to follow me earlier.

CMP [2+1+1=4]
POT [6+1+1=8]
LUCK [10]

The abomination was still around, as Jase was reminded by a bump into his leg. Not paying much atention to invasion of personal space, mage reached out into aether to explore surounding area. The signals were many and encompasing from all sides. Too many to find out anything definitive as Jase found out. Yet there were no intent of killing among the sea of signals, and that was good enough. More interesting yet, there was a strange signal, stronger than any other by a vide margin somwhere not too far to the south.
((The amulet and the box of gems aren't in my inventory. Neither is that empty teargas grenade canister.))

James drinks the champagne. Maybe he does have the knack for summoning after all.
Then he picks up the biggest shipwreck from the lake and puts it on the shore.
And of course creates one summoning and one healing essence.

LUCK [1]
CMP [4+1]
POT [2+1+1=4]
CMP [1]
POT [6+1+1-1=7]

Even though it was made from mostly adamantine, a comparatively light material, 20 meter tall mech was one heavy piece of machinery. An experienced pilot would know this, and would not atempt to enter a body of water of any depth in fear of geting stuck. James was not an experienced pilot and was learning why water was bad the hard way.  Several wide steps forward brought James to the middle of the lake. As he stood there trying to grab the ship, his mech was sinking in the mud. As mage pulled the ship out of the water, his mech sunk ever deeper. When he finaly atempted to turn the mashine around he sudenly found out thet four meters of mud were sligthly too much for the mechanisms to handle, and that he was now soundly stuck meanwhile sinking ever deeper. While James thought abaut how to get out of this predicament, he elected to craft a pair of esenses, as magic would probably be involved in whatever solution he used.

"Need essences!"

Try to craft another three.

CMP [1+1=2]
POT [6+1=7]
CMP [3]
POT [6]
CMP [6+1-2=5]
POT [4+1-2=3]

Crimson was using the moment of time created by his partner scaning the surounding aether to craft a few more esenses. Two common esenses and one of great yet brute power were his results.
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 30 Ultimate evil sword of Uncomparable corupting power
« Reply #533 on: September 22, 2014, 10:51:55 am »

Commit hara-kiri.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #534 on: September 22, 2014, 11:07:17 am »

Make two more essences while walking to the castle. Something of importance will happen there soon.

Should someone approach me with hostile intent, throw both stones directly upwards and just a moment before they leave my hands transfer their vectors to the hostile person. Use two normal essences for this. Effect of this should result stones remaining in my hands and the person flying up with double speed.
Once he's starting to fall with nice speed, double his motion vector. Another two essences for this.

This spell is known as "Dangerous Jumps: Don't try this at home".
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #535 on: September 22, 2014, 11:34:38 am »

Commit hara-kiri.

((While I don't roll DEX for evrything, on asumption that common mage is at least as acurate as common man, what you would do, hypotheticly, if you mised?))

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #536 on: September 22, 2014, 12:50:01 pm »

Commit hara-kiri.

((While I don't roll DEX for evrything, on asumption that common mage is at least as acurate as common man, what you would do, hypotheticly, if you mised?))
Like completely miss or just not centered?

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #537 on: September 22, 2014, 12:55:12 pm »

((2 questions.
1. Why am I not on the dead list?
2. Is there a waitlist/join list/whatever for this? I don't seem to recall one, but salsa has had 2-3 characters so far, soo...))
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #538 on: September 22, 2014, 01:04:33 pm »

((2 questions.
1. Why am I not on the dead list?
2. Is there a waitlist/join list/whatever for this? I don't seem to recall one, but salsa has had 2-3 characters so far, soo...))

((1. I think you died before the dead list was a thing. Either that, Or I accidentialy deleted your charsheet.
2. There's still no waitlist. Post a char sheet and you're in))

Commit hara-kiri.

Like completely miss or just not centered?

((Total miss, as if you roled a 1 on less forgiving RTD. Also, I gather that you are leaving this RTD, so I shouldn't roll for LUCK in case your sacrifice pleases the blood god?))

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #539 on: September 22, 2014, 01:14:35 pm »

((Okay. Can I only choose an affinity that hasn't been already chosen, or...?))
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 506