Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should freshly entering mages be given +10/+10 worth of random essences?

Yes
- 19 (46.3%)
No
- 9 (22%)
It should be more than that
- 6 (14.6%)
It should be less than that
- 7 (17.1%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Pages: 1 ... 354 355 [356] 357 358 ... 506

Author Topic: Roll to Magic: Turn 268 The finish line  (Read 1180063 times)

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 161 BEHOLD MISTA J.
« Reply #5325 on: May 24, 2016, 01:14:33 pm »

...but since each turn is about a minute of time...
Wait, so does that mean we've succeeded in terraforming, treasure hunting, boss fighting, mech summoning, and destroying the world all in a measly two hours and forty minutes? Yikes!

Assuming we began at 8:00 AM, we'll be on our fourth world by nightfall. We'll also be fighting Cthulu himself with a magic-proof giant robot army.

((In cannon, you are all quite competent mages. That is the reason why, in cannon, a bunch of other mages funded by a ton of rich nonmages created the Entry Portal and connected the Islands. It's just not a good idea to have such people duke it out in your backyard.))
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 161 Time to get out of here... Oh wait.
« Reply #5326 on: May 24, 2016, 01:40:34 pm »

((In which cannon, these?  You meant canon...))
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 161 BEHOLD MISTA J.
« Reply #5327 on: May 24, 2016, 01:41:01 pm »

((In cannon, you are all quite competent mages.))
((All woe lies with this single word. Most of us have just enough competence to be acnowledged a full-fledged mage. As nearly all other aspiring mages spontaneously combusted long before the actual magical training started...))
« Last Edit: May 24, 2016, 01:44:15 pm by Sarrak »
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

_Shinju_

• Bay Watcher
  • I drink and I forget things
    • View Profile
« Reply #5328 on: May 24, 2016, 02:24:59 pm »

(( cannon is the gun, canon is the camera ))

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5329 on: May 24, 2016, 04:13:49 pm »

(( cannon is the gun, canon is the camera ))
((No, Canon is the camera, canon is the official storyline.))
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

thegamemaster1234

• Bay Watcher
  • [LINUX_USER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5330 on: May 24, 2016, 04:26:37 pm »

((I actually find it quite funny that the definition of "canon" (in this context) refers to authentic written works (as opposed to parodies, etc.) when in actuality its modern use appears to have been expanded to represent anything recognized as official within a specified fictional setting. This is reflected by Urban Dictionary but not by official dictionaries. Yet.))

ironsnake345

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOMAIN:REFERENCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5331 on: May 24, 2016, 07:08:02 pm »

((This is gonna be a fun week.))

((For some reason I'm considering starting my own rtd. Maybe I'm as crazy as Cornucopia.))
I think I just retroactively murdered a less lucky version of myself from a parallel universe. Also do I still have a baguette?
Are my memes dank enough for you?
Thanks to the internet-cromancer, my internet has been revived. I'm back, baby!

star2wars3

• Bay Watcher
  • Join The Dark Side!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5332 on: May 24, 2016, 08:13:14 pm »

((If this turn becomes a slaughter, at least I'll be able to make another Monty Python reference.))
((Batshit evil, pessimistic neutral and clumsy good cover nearly entire spectrum. Sadly, but optimists are a rare breed, that is currently running into extinction.))
((That tends to happen when you're optimistic enough to wait out the apocalypse. I wish them plenty of luck, but chances are they'll need it.))

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #5333 on: May 25, 2016, 08:26:47 am »

Run knee deep into the lake to be able to dive against counter, and finish monster with water jets.
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

star2wars3

• Bay Watcher
  • Join The Dark Side!
    • View Profile
((Batshit evil, pessimistic neutral and clumsy good cover nearly entire spectrum. Sadly, but optimists are a rare breed, that is currently running into extinction.))
((That tends to happen when you're optimistic enough to wait out the apocalypse. I wish them plenty of luck, but chances are they'll need it.))

star2wars3

• Bay Watcher
  • Join The Dark Side!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5335 on: May 28, 2016, 08:00:32 pm »

Defense clause based pm sent for if _shinju_/Nihilum forgets to post.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2016, 08:05:39 pm by star2wars3 »

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5336 on: May 29, 2016, 03:10:36 pm »

Turn 162

Feed the tome all five chaotic +2/+1 essences. Create another resistance ring, along with four essences, stopping (as always) if anything awful happens.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Gloomy fed five more sparks of power into the tome, pushing it over the edge. The cover grew more elaborate, pages became older and dustier and the writings grew more complex. His tome had attained enough power to be comparable to a journeyman's, and was now capable of casting curses of considerable strength. The ring was bit more troublesome, fraying slightly at the edges, doubtlessly would evaporate before long.  The tome proved its use again, as noting the ring in the tome seemed enough to properly bind the ring into reality.

{Tome level up! It becomes harder to charge, giving -1/-1 to all charges placed inside (But not below 0).}

make essences until one collapses

Seva waited. Possibly for Ilium to reaper (or do another trick), but likely because he wanted to get a bit of an edge before starting his project. Crystal bird had finished eating all the butterflies and was now perched on his head. Between the two golden eagles it looked like a king between bodyguards

Duly ignore the tower, look for some sort of wildlife.

Duritarum, seeing that the tower was no less ominous from up close and was locked, decided to walk around it. Whatever ancient evil lurked within seemed to had been sealed well enough. Around the tower he found a surprising abundance of wildlife. Of course, "abundance" was only such when compared to what he expected to find, but there was all kinds of wildlife one could expect on a plain. There were various insects, some rodents and even a random scorpion, who probably wandered here from some magically sustained desert nearby.

Take a look around, form 3 more essences.

Cuberac took a better look around the place. The walls were covered in purple fog, just like outside. But here, drifting fog occasionally revealed gold sketching or even entire pictures, only to hide them away again. There were corridors and stairways leading to other parts of the tower. Cuberac's arm began to shape itself into what it has been before.

Act One. Scene Five. Mista J. suddenly reverts from his manic state...

"ohhhh.... ow... I don't feel so good... my muse... it's gone. It's gone. Once again, it's gone..."

Mista J...shuffled off... through the castle once again. Maybe something he found could restore his muse. Zilch(no) essences.

Mista J shuffled around the purple halls weakly, like a man suffering a severe hangover. Possibly appropriately, he found something that might help him, one way or another. What he found was a bar, with shelves lined with bottles, with a basement filled with barrels and some rarer beverages. Many of the labels were a mystery to him, due to having never tried the drinks they marked.

Run knee deep into the lake to be able to dive against counter, and finish monster with water jets.

Kahel ran towards the waves. The jellyfish floated after him, raising one of the tube-appendages. Flames washed over Kahel just before he managed to dive beneath the waterline, but a quick dive protected him from majority of the damage. It created a problem of its own, however, as salt within the water set all of Kahel's wounds burning again. Kahel began losing focus.

{Salted wounds - END roll before each magic cast.}

Long time no see Professor Jiksap. Don't suppose you could mount this dakka-cannon on a plane or something. Sort of impossible to aim this right now and we may need to adjust where its pointed at eventually.

Speaking of which...

READY. AIM. FIRE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Skeliborn

Action:

FIRE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!/hold the trigger in the on position using the flat side of vortex bane so as to avoid destroying my hands.
((Dakka-cannon round 2 begin))

Arriving at the scene, Jiksap was glad he didn't happen to be within that napalm field, although more for aiming reasons, since being covered in metal has the added benefit of being fireproof. Meanwhile, the Bigholder's center eye begins to glow... Oh crap. Nonononono. Magitech energy cannons make similar effects when charging. If something doesn't happen soon, they're doomed.

Enchant my crossbow with Applies Neurotoxin (shot bolts automatically apply neurotoxin on contact). Use two +1/+1 essences. Snipe that eye with a crossbow bolt!
Set the chance of the bigholder's eyemajjiks failing to as close to 1.0 as possible.
Also, dodge the attack, if possible, and take cover behind the wall.

"Sorry for the ignition. Get yourselves ready for A TRIAL WITH FIRE!!!"
READY. AIM. FIRE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
"Not this fire, through."
Take electricity from the main eye before giving up electricity to everyone friendly to enhance their dex. +1/+1 Lesser Blood Power and 2 1+/1+ Essences.
((Might be a stupid idea tho))
Holy crap! That's a full-grown beholder! It's even been grafting extra eyes! Wait... Sweet mother of oblivion, is that eternity?!? Oh man, if there's any chance of that being a reward, I've got to get in on this action!

Chorkinaan approaches the bigholder, but stops at the hex next door because he's a coward who knows what's good for him. He then casts a spell at range (it's been mentioned that these can function, albeit at a penalty, on anything within visible range) to change the color of the green eye to pitch black and as non-transparent as possible. (including the lens, meaning it's blind if this works. Most likely, the result of this is that eye either cannot fire, or the bigholder will need some serious eye-eye coordination to fire accurately with the green eye.) both essences.

Jiksap leapt bravely over the flames and rushed to get a better position against the Beholder. It was easier for him to do all the flame leaping due to airtight costume he had, but it looked impressive nonetheless. His bolts gleamed with potent toxin and flew right towards the center of massive eyeball looming over them. Had he shot a man, he most likely would had gained a kill. The house sized eyeball was far more resilient.

Gambler hid behind the wall he had conjured and threw a hex towards the Beholder. They were surrounded by fire and he was not going to stand in open for whatever was about to happen. Nihilum joined him behind the glass, though his own magic failed to appear in any noticeable way.

Skeliborn griped his runic blade tightly and pulled it with all his strength. The dakka cannon reacted to its claymore trigger and spat out a barrage of sharp edges. However, the blades flew mostly by the beholder, as the previous firing of it had dislodged it, moving the barrel away from the gargantuan foe. Seeing this, Skeliborn lost the will to hold on for long.

Eterna reached out towards the giant eyeball and felt the colossal mass of energy within. He drew from it, supercharging his allies movements, preparing them for what was about to go down. He only hoped it would be enough.

From far away, Chorkinaan looked at the beholder. To be more precise, he looked at the inferno that was the beholder and the land around it. He thought better than to go through the fire and opted for a long range curse. His was a good idea, but the execution fell short, the magic was too weak to affect the beholder in any real way.

White light surged through the main eye of the beholder, swirling around in patterns hidden by the glow. The entire structure rose about half a meter from the eyeball. Then the light shot towards a point in the center of the circle, leaving only a remnant of a concentric circle which quickly faded. Then the point exploded in a beam angled towards the attacking mages. Skeliborn dodged aside through the flames, managing to find a spot where flames were less severe and avoided any injury. Jiksap also avoided the beam, and his armor protected him from any great harm, although water inside became warmer almost instantly. Eterna leapt aside at the last moment, rolling through the flames and coming out on the other side of them.

The beam ravaged the land, transforming what it touched into lava. It clashed with the glass wall shielding Gambler and Nihilum, sending sparks flying. Gambler rolled away only to be showered by molten glass. Nihilum did not get off that lightly. The beam annihilated the wall, and sheared through Nihilum's ward and his left arm, destroying both instantly. It missed the dakka cannon by a hair, and finally ran out of power after melting a line to the outside of flame circle it had created.

{Nihilum, absence ward destroyed, left arm lost, Bleeding [3 turns]}

{Gambler, Heavy burns(Roll END for physical actions), Glass sheath rolling 1 on physical action causes an END roll based glass shard cuts.}

Spoiler: Boss Beholder (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Map (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 29, 2016, 04:29:59 pm by DreamerGhost »
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5337 on: May 29, 2016, 03:13:10 pm »

PM's will be processed tomorow.

Towards that blue tree.

3 Essences.

Err... What blue tree?

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 162 Annihilator array in action
« Reply #5338 on: May 29, 2016, 03:16:22 pm »

Actually, just, um head to that tower?
Sigtext

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 162 BEHOLD MISTA J
« Reply #5339 on: May 29, 2016, 03:19:27 pm »

Act One. Scene Six. Mista J.- BOOZE!

"Booze. Heh."

Mista J. grabbed a random bottle and chugged it...
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.
Pages: 1 ... 354 355 [356] 357 358 ... 506