Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should freshly entering mages be given +10/+10 worth of random essences?

Yes
- 19 (46.3%)
No
- 9 (22%)
It should be more than that
- 6 (14.6%)
It should be less than that
- 7 (17.1%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Pages: 1 ... 357 358 [359] 360 361 ... 506

Author Topic: Roll to Magic: Turn 268 The finish line  (Read 1181256 times)

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 162 Annihilator array in action
« Reply #5370 on: June 01, 2016, 01:19:52 pm »

((wow i must pay more attention to this ))
I pray asking my goddess to cut the big holder off from all magic to help save my friends and i use the blood spouting from my arm and essences till i get the max buff to make absent all damage done by the bigholder in the past two turns 
((I hope this works ))
"A few of your 'friends' get hurt and you're already calling your mommy? I expected more from you."
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

star2wars3

• Bay Watcher
  • Join The Dark Side!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5371 on: June 02, 2016, 05:27:37 am »

((wow i must pay more attention to this ))
I pray asking my goddess to cut the big holder off from all magic to help save my friends and i use the blood spouting from my arm and essences till i get the max buff to make absent all damage done by the bigholder in the past two turns 
((I hope this works ))
"A few of your 'friends' get hurt and you're already calling your mommy? I expected more from you."
((I wish you had added the line:
"As I expected. You are nothing." While looking at the absence mage.))
((Batshit evil, pessimistic neutral and clumsy good cover nearly entire spectrum. Sadly, but optimists are a rare breed, that is currently running into extinction.))
((That tends to happen when you're optimistic enough to wait out the apocalypse. I wish them plenty of luck, but chances are they'll need it.))

XXXXYYYY

• Bay Watcher
  • Been a long time.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5372 on: June 02, 2016, 06:19:07 am »

((I think you forgot to account for the TASER and CHAOTIC parts of my CHAOTIC TASER bolts. Something random should've happened on impact, as well as a high-voltage shock.))

The beholder weighs about 500 tons and is magical. The bolts were less than 10 POT for twenty. You might want to use something stronger.
((500 tons?! Wow. That's 75 agrican elephants, so roughly 30000 ft3,  which amounts to a sphere 23.35 feet in radius. 46.7 feet across, at minimum, provided the same density of flesh. How are we damaging this thing again?))
Oooooooo. I know. ClF3. That should be a fun surprise.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5373 on: June 02, 2016, 06:39:29 am »

((I think you forgot to account for the TASER and CHAOTIC parts of my CHAOTIC TASER bolts. Something random should've happened on impact, as well as a high-voltage shock.))

The beholder weighs about 500 tons and is magical. The bolts were less than 10 POT for twenty. You might want to use something stronger.
((500 tons?! Wow. That's 75 agrican elephants, so roughly 30000 ft3,  which amounts to a sphere 23.35 feet in radius. 46.7 feet across, at minimum, provided the same density of flesh. How are we damaging this thing again?))

((Arrgh. Imperial units >_<. One of my many weaknesses. I decided the bigholder would be the size of a two story house and went from there. 500 cubic meters did not seem like something too big for a boss and I figured it would have a density of 1kg/m3, more or less. You are hurting it because it has no internal skeletal system, which means the bossholder is pretty much made of weak points.))
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5374 on: June 02, 2016, 08:11:56 am »

((... maybe I should have gone with the "beholder" plan after all when I used the Mimic Heart.))
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

ironsnake345

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOMAIN:REFERENCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5375 on: June 02, 2016, 10:07:35 am »

((... maybe I should have gone with the "beholder" plan after all when I used the Mimic Heart.))
((This would be the perfect sig If it didn't require any context. Amazing quote.))
« Last Edit: June 02, 2016, 10:37:31 am by ironsnake345 »
I think I just retroactively murdered a less lucky version of myself from a parallel universe. Also do I still have a baguette?
Are my memes dank enough for you?
Thanks to the internet-cromancer, my internet has been revived. I'm back, baby!

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5376 on: June 05, 2016, 11:53:46 am »

PM action. Here's hoping that neither one of us kills ourselves!

star2wars3

• Bay Watcher
  • Join The Dark Side!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5377 on: June 05, 2016, 05:22:35 pm »

((Arrgh. Imperial units >_<. One of my many weaknesses. I decided the bigholder would be the size of a two story house and went from there. 500 cubic meters did not seem like something too big for a boss and I figured it would have a density of 1kg/m3, more or less. You are hurting it because it has no internal skeletal system, which means the bossholder is pretty much made of weak points.))
((Hey I don't blame you. I was brought up using the imperial units and I find them to be annoying to work with.))
((Batshit evil, pessimistic neutral and clumsy good cover nearly entire spectrum. Sadly, but optimists are a rare breed, that is currently running into extinction.))
((That tends to happen when you're optimistic enough to wait out the apocalypse. I wish them plenty of luck, but chances are they'll need it.))

ironsnake345

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOMAIN:REFERENCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5378 on: June 05, 2016, 07:42:33 pm »

((Hey I don't blame you. I was brought up using the imperial units and I find them to be annoying to work with.))
((Same. I was raised on inches, pounds and miles, and I find them SOOO much more confusing than meters and grams and such.))
I think I just retroactively murdered a less lucky version of myself from a parallel universe. Also do I still have a baguette?
Are my memes dank enough for you?
Thanks to the internet-cromancer, my internet has been revived. I'm back, baby!

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5379 on: June 05, 2016, 08:14:13 pm »

Turn 163

Act One. Scene Six. Mista J.- BOOZE!

"Booze. Heh."

Mista J. grabbed a random bottle and chugged it...

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Mista J. grabbed onto the first bottle in reach and popped the cork. It flew away in a sad, small arc rather than bouncing off the walls as one would expect from a popped cork. Mista J. ignored this obvious bad sign and took a swig from the bottle. It felt as if someone had wrapped a shade around the world, the colors suddenly grayed, light became a rather dull shade of yellow, and Mista J. felt all joy drain out of him just as the liquid drained out of the bottle.
{Suicidal depression, 1/5}
{Alcohol: Slightly tipsy.}

((...Oh well. I can survive this. Probably. Still, having done this bad against portable flamethrower while I am the self-proclaimed master of Heat...))

I'm out of this. Bite Hlamodysa and swim underwater to the other side. If I start losing consciousness - cast something. Failure would ignite invigorate me for a time.

The situation was getting too hot for Kahel. He swiftly snatched a fruit from a pocket and dived beneath the waves. The water still felt cold, but the fruit made it bearable. It would still pose danger when the effect wore off, but for now he had some more pressing troubles. The water soothed the burns, but even though he was getting used to salt, it still hurt. By the time Kahel reached the other side, his muscles burned with exhaustion. He risked a look back to the island and froze. The jellyfish creature was floating just above the waves, moving towards him.

Take a walk, try to create a perfectly generic cube.

Cuberac wandered through the corridors and stairways, finding them empty, not even "abandoned" empty, they were "never used" empty. It was as if the rooms were built and then immediately abandoned. The windows to outside did not seem to match Cuberac's internal map, however, which led to hint of a possibility that there was some magic involved in him finding practically nothing. He attempted to conjure a cube only to have a green nondescript diamond shaped object appear; only increasing his suspicion. Cubrac's arm was now almost entirely fine, although his hand was still mangled useless.

Well, blood is blood.
Rip and tear (the blood out of their bodies)

Duritarum raised his hand to about chest height, palm up. He focused, and released a pulse centered just above the palm. Creatures few meters away from Duriarum died almost instantly as their blood vessels burst open and their blood collected into an orb just above the outstretched palm of Duritarum. It was a mixture of brown and red, showing that a significant portion was gained from insects and it was about four inches across.

More essences,stop when one collapses

Seva waited. What else there was to do? Though it was getting boring, and the crystal bird began napping without any more butterflies to eat. Eagles were still standing alert, possibly to keep up appearances as the kings of the birds. The crystal bird was rudely awakened, when Seva's leak of magic suddenly caused all of his search parrots to disappear into puffs of feathers.

Knock on the door.  Three essences.

Magus walked up to the gate and knocked. He could had just magicked the gates open away, especially after he had figured out that it was all solid aether, but it often paid to try the polite option first. Astoundingly, it worked, the gates opened and a humanoid shaped doll showed him inside.

James sits and leans his back against the tree, regardless of whatever spikes may be there.

Fill my empty gas grenade canister with healing gas. Make a healing grenade.
+2 healing potions or pills too.

Creation of a healing gas can be a very difficult process. The most straightforward, alas, not the technologically easiest method is a cloud of nanobot surgeons. Alternatives include astounding variety of chemical combinations mixed with stem cell growth inducing hormones. James never had to know about any of this because complexity in magic works differently than it does in science. It cares about the complexity of the effect, not the method. Healing grenades were dime a dozen for an expert like James, and the healing pills were barely an afterthought.

((Hey hey hey, where's the backlash of that lesser blood power?))
"That wasn't a nice thing to deal with, huh! At least i don't get hit by that beam."
Convert the red eye to electricity.

{Internal (*rolls*) bleeding takes a while to apear.}

Timeline 1 Dialogue
Ha ha ha ha, you have terrible aim 1000 eyes. Looks like I should rap this up before I laugh to death.
Skeliborn

Action:

Enchant the dakka-cannon with the homing enchant

Mod -3 (Homing)

Essences:
2 Blade essences +1CMP

If Gambler wants the ring back, return it to him

Damn! My magic fizzled! But maybe I can help otherwise... The artillery cannon! Chorkinaan approaches to the same hex (to avoid range penalties) and removes the physical property of weight from a randomly-chosen heavy-looking part of the Dakka cannon. One whose weight isn't hugely likely to be critical to the Dakka cannon's balance in its current resting orientation.
Take back the ring.
Using the Bigholder itself as a power source, steal as much luck from it as magically possible. Drain it dry.

Despite the eye getting rather burned, poked, electrocuted, poisoned, and [whatever chaotic effect happened here]ed (unless you were implying that the bolt merely bounced off the lens), it still appeared to be going strong. That blade cannon appeared to be quite competent.

Assist Skeliborn in the homing spell. Add in my own twist: enchant the dakka cannon so that fired blades inflict Irritation of Eyes. (dakka cannon, being a cannon, can be considered a machine, albeit a crude one)

The smart thing to do after your opponent vaporizes your defenses, some limbs and enough land to build a neighborhood on is to run. The wizardly thing is to try to convince it to look good on the mantelpiece. Needless to say, Eterna swiftly returned to his attempts at thundering the bigholder. And his efforts were met with an astounding success. The red eye, unable to handle both the damage from fire and Eterna's attacks finally burst open, spraying burning blood everywhere and fell into the lake, covering its surface with a burning film of oil.

Jiksap, Skeliborn and Chorkinaan were meanwhile attempting to make the dakka cannon better, or, at least, useful. Skeliborn was most successful, by, after deciding that the cannon was unaimable, made the ammo homing to compensate. Jiksap and Chorkinaan both failed to have any great impact, one by using too little power and another being too far to really see what he's doing.

Gambler was draining luck from Beholder. He was too injured to try anything fancy physically, even after Skeliborn returned his ring of regeneration. It helped, surely, but there was simply too much damage. The gargantuan creature had lost another eye, this time the red one. No more fire, so at least these burns would not be repeated anytime soon.

Nihilum was quite busy. Losing an arm can make one rush like that. His words were half prayer half magic, and all rushed. To his great joy, the goddess chose to spare him and help him. The fire cleared from the surrounding lands, allowing the mages to dodge freely again. The spell fired off, and although too weak to deal with all the mages, it did turn back time for Nihilum, returning his arm back into place.

The Beholder was getting angry at a particular mage. The mage was stealing from it. It would perish and return what it had stolen. Black lightning shot out at Gambler, turning land to dust on contact as Gambler rolled out of the way. But the lightning persisted, cleaving off something rather important. There was a brief flash of pain as Gambler's arm holding the luck stealing glass shard turned into dust.

{Gambler, bleeding out, 3 turns}

Spoiler: Boss Beholder (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Map (click to show/hide)
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 163 Injuries traded
« Reply #5380 on: June 05, 2016, 08:14:56 pm »

PM's will be processed tomorow.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 163 BEHOLD MISTA J
« Reply #5381 on: June 05, 2016, 08:28:01 pm »

Act One. Scene Seven. Mista J...

"More."

Mista J. grabbed a random bottle and chugged it. Again.

((Welp. This character is not turning out as I expected.))
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

star2wars3

• Bay Watcher
  • Join The Dark Side!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5382 on: June 05, 2016, 08:32:33 pm »

Looks like we got homing on the dakka-cannon. I'm going to add in some more enchants while you fire the dakka-cannon Jiksap.

((I will post an action tomorrow. Trust me when I say, it's going to be extremely awesome whatever I decide to do as an enchant))
« Last Edit: June 05, 2016, 08:34:20 pm by star2wars3 »

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
  • You are doomed, doomed, I tell you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5383 on: June 05, 2016, 08:39:58 pm »

A start.
Harden the orb into a bar, for, among other things, actual portability.

H4zardZ1

• Bay Watcher
  • Mostly Harmless
    • View Profile
« Reply #5384 on: June 05, 2016, 08:45:08 pm »

((Taser 2-1 Blade Cannon))
"Two down, four to go! Now let me enchant that sword cannon too."
Enchant the blade cannon so the blade shot absorbs electricity from whatever it hits back into the cannon. 1 +1/+2 and 2 +1/+1 essences.
First is CMP or POT?
« Last Edit: June 05, 2016, 10:31:37 pm by H4zardZ1 »
Quote from: Rock
Quote from: Comrade Qwasich
Stop bullying children
I can't
I have to bully children
Sigtext and other things
Pages: 1 ... 357 358 [359] 360 361 ... 506