Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should freshly entering mages be given +10/+10 worth of random essences?

Yes
- 19 (46.3%)
No
- 9 (22%)
It should be more than that
- 6 (14.6%)
It should be less than that
- 7 (17.1%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 506

Author Topic: Roll to Magic: Turn 268 The finish line  (Read 1181313 times)

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 30 Ultimate evil sword of Uncomparable corupting power
« Reply #540 on: September 22, 2014, 01:30:02 pm »

Commit hara-kiri.

((While I don't roll DEX for evrything, on asumption that common mage is at least as acurate as common man, what you would do, hypotheticly, if you mised?))
Like completely miss or just not centered?

((Total miss, as if you roled a 1 on less forgiving RTD. Also, I gather that you are leaving this RTD, so I shouldn't roll for LUCK in case your sacrifice pleases the blood god?))
((I guess I would take that as a sign that I'm not being ridiculous enough and progress in that direction until it works. Also what would happen if I please the blood god?))

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #541 on: September 22, 2014, 01:32:38 pm »

"Hey Crimson, I think I found something. Follow me."

To the south and that thing I sensed! Two more aether essences on the way.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #542 on: September 22, 2014, 02:35:50 pm »

((I guess I would take that as a sign that I'm not being ridiculous enough and progress in that direction until it works. Also what would happen if I please the blood god?))
((You would be reborn as a demon with aditional powers. You'd get blood afinity, extra 3 to stat of your choice, and extra bonuses from kills. Also, when you die, your killer would not get 5 shards from your soul as it would be devoured by the Blood god. But you'd need to roll against sucumbing to bloodlust every turn, become a target of other divine avatars (if any) and the chance for you to impress the blood god enough to take you into service is 1 in 5.))
((Okay. Can I only choose an affinity that hasn't been already chosen, or...?))
((You can. Though if you pick something that hasn't been tried before, you might be able to slip something before GM (me) will create rules to keep those OP shenenigans in place.))
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #543 on: September 22, 2014, 02:45:26 pm »

((You realize now somebody is going to spawn in with the intent to kill themselves and keep doing it till they become a demon, right? Also, in regards to OP shenanigans, don't discuss then beforehand, otherwise rules will be immediately put into place. It's best to be sneaky-like.))

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #544 on: September 22, 2014, 03:02:22 pm »

((You realize now somebody is going to spawn in with the intent to kill themselves and keep doing it till they become a demon, right? Also, in regards to OP shenanigans, don't discuss then beforehand, otherwise rules will be immediately put into place. It's best to be sneaky-like.))

((Hey, the Blood god (gods in general) like dedication. If somone feels like ritualy disemboweling themselves for an average of five turns, why not. Others will just find some other god to aquire powers from worship. And yeah, sneakines gets you twenty meter tall adamantine mechs.))
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #545 on: September 22, 2014, 03:27:52 pm »

Name: Alexander
Affinity: Weaponry
Description(optional):
STR=1
DEX=1
SPD=1
END=1
POT=4
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #546 on: September 22, 2014, 03:28:55 pm »

((You would be reborn as a demon with aditional powers. You'd get blood afinity, extra 3 to stat of your choice, and extra bonuses from kills. Also, when you die, your killer would not get 5 shards from your soul as it would be devoured by the Blood god. But you'd need to roll against sucumbing to bloodlust every turn, become a target of other divine avatars (if any) and the chance for you to impress the blood god enough to take you into service is 1 in 5.))
((Eh. Roll for it. might give me an idea of how to continue.))

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #547 on: September 22, 2014, 03:55:29 pm »

((Is piloting the mech done purely by luck?))

Dwarf Fortress adamantine is light enough to float on water. Not sure if this game's adamantine is the same as DF's, but if it is then the mech can lay down and float on it's back. Even if that doesn't free it, it should stop it sinking and give me time to prepare a spell that can save it.

Lay the mech down on it's back, to float on the water. Craft 4 summoning essenses.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #548 on: September 22, 2014, 04:06:42 pm »

((You roled 10 on piloting, so it's an auto success for you since then. Sinking on the other hand...))

Crimson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #549 on: September 22, 2014, 10:55:32 pm »

"Alright."

Follow Jase while creating a single essence.

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #550 on: September 24, 2014, 10:44:32 pm »

"Hehehe... Hahahah!"

Whaz stopped right before descending into mad cackling. But, truth to be told, he had a reason to be so...happy and enthusiastic. Both his spells worked perfectly, power of the dead and murder, his true companion from the start, granted him unsurpassable power.

"And so, I'm one more step closer to the absolute magical power... Or, perhaps, I shouldn't say 'magical'. Simple power is fine enough too."

He gazed onto his hand, a perfect example of what his art was capable of under certain circumstances.

"First step to the transcendence from this simple body, too... Isn't this perfect?"

Full of pride and high hopes for the future, I'm ready for the next battle versus Oaken Door!
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #551 on: September 25, 2014, 01:59:39 pm »

Continue searching
Yep, the sig is here
Whoops. Well, shit. Typical salsacookies.
I don't need my cavities checked. I just went to the dentist! Ba-dum-tiss.
I am a Christian

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #552 on: September 26, 2014, 06:22:55 pm »

Turn 31

LUCK [4]

With Blood God refusing to recognise his sacrifice, David dies rather painfuly, his desires left unfulfiled.

Make two more essences while walking to the castle. Something of importance will happen there soon.

Should someone approach me with hostile intent, throw both stones directly upwards and just a moment before they leave my hands transfer their vectors to the hostile person. Use two normal essences for this. Effect of this should result stones remaining in my hands and the person flying up with double speed.
Once he's starting to fall with nice speed, double his motion vector. Another two essences for this.

This spell is known as "Dangerous Jumps: Don't try this at home".

CMP [4+1=5]
POT [2+1=3]
CMP [2]
POT [6]
SPD [(6)/2+1=4]

One does not get named The great Guide withouth the ability to forsee trouble. Aoshi knew that some great events were abaut to unfold, and that the castle would play a key role in those events. He created a pair of esenses on the way, the rush resulting in one of them posesing only power and nothing more, but the Guide reached his target. Arch of castle gate was now just in front of him.

"Hey Crimson, I think I found something. Follow me."

To the south and that thing I sensed! Two more aether essences on the way.
"Alright."

Follow Jase while creating a single essence.

CMP [1+1=2]
POT [2+1=3]
CMP [4]
POT [5]

CMP [6+1=7]
POT [2+1=3]

LUCK [7]

Duo of mages prepeared their powers and ventured forth. Only a short walk later they arived at a glade with trio of strange looking obelisks. One was brown in collor and covered in green runes. Another was black and covered in orange runes. Last was white and covered in blue runes. All three cracled with power sealed within.

Dwarf Fortress adamantine is light enough to float on water. Not sure if this game's adamantine is the same as DF's, but if it is then the mech can lay down and float on it's back. Even if that doesn't free it, it should stop it sinking and give me time to prepare a spell that can save it.

Lay the mech down on it's back, to float on the water. Craft 4 summoning essenses.

LUCK [6]
CMP [6+1=7]
POT [6+1+1=8]
CMP [4]
POT [6+1+1-1=7]
CMP [2-2+1=1]
POT [5]
CMP [1-3+1=-1]
LUCK [3] {Usefullness}
LUCK [9] {Power}
LUCK [8] {Quality}

In an emergency maneuver, James manipulated mech to lie down on the water in hopes that adamantine floats. His hopes turned out to be justified, as enormous mashine stoped moving downwards. It was no longer sinking, whether becouse of floating or reaching solid rock under the mud remaining unknown. Still, the mage rushed to work, crafting yet more esenses. As was be coming usual by now, one of them imploded. This time, it was once more a smoke grenade, yet this one was far more sophisticated and powerfull. The gass it released caused iritation for skin and pain for the eyes. James was forced to leave the mech immedietly.

Full of pride and high hopes for the future, I'm ready for the next battle versus Oaken Door!

LUCK [4]

Whaz was ready to test out the newly created weapon, and there was something perfect for testing right here. Something proven to be as durable as it was immobile. The oaken door with a magical lock. Whaz stood for a second, admiring the simple yet efective craftsmanship of the obstacle before slashing through it. Sword, being ethereal, met no resistance as it moved, yet within the door a large mark of roting wood apeared, marking the place where blade went through. Several more slashes and a sound kick later, the door bared shadow mages way no more! Yet, it seemed that somone else had been faster. The room was empty save for thick layer of dust and a pit in the middle of the room. Seems like somone had dug a tunnel here and claimed whatever was inside. Judging from the dust and how the tunnel had already colapsed, trying to find the thief was rather futile.

Continue searching

LUCK [7]

Witness was standing in front of an ethereal entity, formed from coruption of this place. He had found it after turning around for the seventh time, standing behind him perfectly still. Yet plague mage knew that it was this being that called out to him.
"We hear you and we answer you, seeker. You seek power and knowlege, we can grant you this. But in return, you will become our vesel, you shall become a herald of our comming. We shall claim this world as we had many before it, and you shall become the one who will lead our advance. All will join us."
Spoiler: The Avatar (click to show/hide)
Blisfully unavare of magical plot devices whiring into place Alexander, grandmaster of arms entered the arena. Prefering a more physical aspect of magic, Alexander had become known as a battle mage, greatly valuedd and well regarded by military leaders of whichever army he fought for.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2014, 06:33:20 pm by DreamerGhost »

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 31 Dealing with deamons
« Reply #553 on: September 26, 2014, 10:53:24 pm »

I'm in no rush here, so create 4 more essences to be safe.
My mech is soon to receive an upgrade.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 31 Dealing with deamons
« Reply #554 on: September 26, 2014, 11:12:08 pm »

((I hope this is that thing I sensed.))

Aether sense those obelisks to figure out if they have affinities or anything else about them I can. Use my +1 CMP essence. Then make another aether essence.
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 506