Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should freshly entering mages be given +10/+10 worth of random essences?

Yes
- 19 (46.3%)
No
- 9 (22%)
It should be more than that
- 6 (14.6%)
It should be less than that
- 7 (17.1%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Pages: 1 ... 361 362 [363] 364 365 ... 506

Author Topic: Roll to Magic: Turn 268 The finish line  (Read 1181053 times)

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 165 Nat 10
« Reply #5430 on: June 22, 2016, 10:00:34 am »

Let's keep going with the analysis, shall we?  Then two essences.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5431 on: June 22, 2016, 03:15:21 pm »

Use my frost dragon breath on the bigholder, aiming for it's poison eye. Better to stop the source of poison and then heal it.
Though if anyone seems in immediate danger of being incapacitated or worse toss them a healing pill.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

DAPARROT

• Bay Watcher
  • More parrots
    • View Profile
« Reply #5432 on: June 22, 2016, 04:07:11 pm »

have my raptors dig up the ground to stop fires from spreading, then burn the piece of wood with the phoenix feather,collect the ash
Make 2 essences
« Last Edit: June 23, 2016, 10:03:22 am by DAPARROT »
I should probably introduce the actual plot soon
7/11 guy, bringer of the apocabeepse. Uplifter of threads. Herald of the hive.

Zormod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5433 on: June 22, 2016, 05:03:41 pm »

Sit down, try again to create a generic cube.

star2wars3

• Bay Watcher
  • Join The Dark Side!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5434 on: June 22, 2016, 05:44:16 pm »

Skelliborn

Action:

try again to make have the magic drained ffrom the beholder by the dakka-cannon be used to create a permanent stackable cmp bonus for toam members.
((Batshit evil, pessimistic neutral and clumsy good cover nearly entire spectrum. Sadly, but optimists are a rare breed, that is currently running into extinction.))
((That tends to happen when you're optimistic enough to wait out the apocalypse. I wish them plenty of luck, but chances are they'll need it.))

ironsnake345

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOMAIN:REFERENCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5435 on: June 23, 2016, 02:22:21 am »

PM action
I think I just retroactively murdered a less lucky version of myself from a parallel universe. Also do I still have a baguette?
Are my memes dank enough for you?
Thanks to the internet-cromancer, my internet has been revived. I'm back, baby!

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
  • You are doomed, doomed, I tell you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5436 on: June 23, 2016, 02:32:48 am »

Examine and attempt to manipulate a bit of the bloodstone deposit.

ironsnake345

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOMAIN:REFERENCES]
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 165: Behold... mista... j.
« Reply #5437 on: June 23, 2016, 02:34:24 am »

Act One. Scene Nine. Perhaps gone forever?

"..."

Mista J., devastated by the loss of his muse and his ever-failing efforts to find it, collapsed onto the floor, and tried to sleep. He had nothing left.
((Is this the end of mista J? God damn, that is a NASTY curse!))
I think I just retroactively murdered a less lucky version of myself from a parallel universe. Also do I still have a baguette?
Are my memes dank enough for you?
Thanks to the internet-cromancer, my internet has been revived. I'm back, baby!

XXXXYYYY

• Bay Watcher
  • Been a long time.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5438 on: June 24, 2016, 12:30:36 am »

Put away the stiletto, if it's still out. Then summon a vial that absorbs and stores environmental poison, and use that and the crystal to get some breathing room (no pun intended).
Oooooooo. I know. ClF3. That should be a fun surprise.

H4zardZ1

• Bay Watcher
  • Mostly Harmless
    • View Profile
« Reply #5439 on: June 26, 2016, 12:13:11 am »

((Wait!))

Enchant the dakka cannon blades to absorb more electricity.
Quote from: Rock
Quote from: Comrade Qwasich
Stop bullying children
I can't
I have to bully children
Sigtext and other things

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5440 on: June 26, 2016, 06:26:37 pm »

Turn 166

Act One. Scene Nine. Perhaps gone forever?

"..."

Mista J., devastated by the loss of his muse and his ever-failing efforts to find it, collapsed onto the floor, and tried to sleep. He had nothing left.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Mista J. laid down in a corridor and closed his eyes. The idea of sleeping in a such high-magic environment as the tower would be absurd for any mage, but Mista J. did not care much about it. He did not care much about anything at all. In his mind's eye he saw himself in a room filled with various painting supplies. He was alone. His muse was nowhere to be found. Then, with a loud crash, doors to the room flew off. A woman, with sour face and muscles of a heavy weight lifter entered. She walked to Mista J., picked him up with one hand and smashed him through the table. "You are behind schedule, dipshit. Now are you going to work or will I tear off your balls and go fish me some clams?" Mista J. woke up back at the tower and jumped back to his feet. There was a reason not to sleep in high magic locations. All kinds of things could get into your mind if you did. Now he'd need to get to work. Fast. Yes, I am riping off Oglaf.

{Artist's block over! Suicidal Depression Gone! Wrath of the Muse gained.}
{Wrath of the Muse - You need to cast a non essence spell each turn or face the consequences.}

Magus N.A. delved into the mysteries of the wall scribblings once more. Finally, he could make sense of it all. The wall did indeed pull at both future and the past. What it pulled out of them was information. Entirely at random it predicted future events and revealed ancient wisdom. And also random ramblings, elven poetry and dwarven songs. As it was, dedicated research could maybe yield something of use, over the next hour or so. Alternatively, there was a possibility of altering the connections, creating some priorities, possibly about something close and valuable. The only problem was, the masters of the tower might not like people messing with it.

have my raptors dig up the ground to stop fires from spreading, then burn the piece of wood with the phoenix feather,collect the ash
Make 2 essences

Seva broke off a piece of wood from the tree the eagle had carried over and set it aflame with the phoenix feather in a prepared plot of dirt. It burned brightly, and seemingly a bit more evenly than one would expect from wood, but the remaining ashes were entirely unremarkable.

Sit down, try again to create a generic cube.

Cuberac, not having much better to do, continued with his attempts to create the cubiest cube. This time, his attempts went horribly right and before him appeared a green cube. Then he turned the cube and found out that it had eight sides and was, in fact, a hypercube.

Examine and attempt to manipulate a bit of the bloodstone deposit.

Duritarium latched onto the bloodstone with his magic and pulled. The crystal flowed like blood and began spinning in orbit around Duritarium for temporary storage. Even as if flowed, it was still as tough as rock.

Make the weight of the daka cannon absent
Use my frost dragon breath on the bigholder, aiming for it's poison eye. Better to stop the source of poison and then heal it.
Though if anyone seems in immediate danger of being incapacitated or worse toss them a healing pill.

Skelliborn

Action:

try again to make have the magic drained ffrom the beholder by the dakka-cannon be used to create a permanent stackable cmp bonus for toam members.

Put away the stiletto, if it's still out. Then summon a vial that absorbs and stores environmental poison, and use that and the crystal to get some breathing room (no pun intended).
((Wait!))

Enchant the dakka cannon blades to absorb more electricity.
It was not all well for the mages though, as Skeliborn turned out to be suddenly visited by magic dysfunction fairy as his magic collapsed in his hands. Wizards did not have all that much interaction with the other sex, which made nature create spell failure to deal with the fact that they never got to experience the failure of some of their organs. It was just s embarrassing. Eterna was having similar problems but he had an excuse. Again he rose from paralysis before his time, although that made his magic rather too weak to last longer than a moment because of the rush to cast it.

James, unlike the others, chose to finally use some of the many tools he had prepared earlier. He took a deep breath of poisonous fog, confident in his ability to deal with it and breathed out a blast of sound. It crashed into the emerald eye, tossing it about and blowing back the fog around James. The dammage was not great, but the swinging about shock the organs within the eye, causing it to become dizzy and unable to do anything significant for at least few minutes.

{Green eye is stunned, 2 turns}
{Jiksap gains no poison stacks, Gambler and James get one, Nihilum, Skeliborn and Eterna get two.}

This time, the composite eye began moving menacingly, it aimed towards the dakka--cannon and fired hundreds of beams at it. Curses writhed themselves around the cannon, binding to it.  The cannon seemed to grow teeth and horns while all metal parts became covered with saltwater that clung to metal, making sure that the construct would rust into uselessness before it's time. Gambler and Skeliborn began coughing, as poison seeped into their system, beginning to do damage that would only increase in near future.

Spoiler: Map (click to show/hide)
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5441 on: June 26, 2016, 07:24:03 pm »

Magus N.A. delved into the mysteries of the wall scribblings once more. Finally, he could make sense of it all. The wall did indeed pull at both future and the past. What it pulled out of them was information. Entirely at random it predicted future events and revealed ancient wisdom. And also random ramblings, elven poetry and dwarven songs. As it was, dedicated research could maybe yield something of use, over the next hour or so. Alternatively, there was a possibility of altering the connections, creating some priorities, possibly about something close and valuable. The only problem was, the masters of the tower might not like people messing with it.

((I'm not in direct control of the tower, but as one of Beirus' allies, I would be perfectly fine with this as long as it doesn't mess with the rest of our stuff. Of course, I may be biased- I have the knowledge affinity and I definitely want in on it. :P))

EDIT: Also, PM'd action.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2016, 07:25:44 pm by Whisperling »

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 166 Return of explorers and New Tactics
« Reply #5442 on: June 26, 2016, 07:26:27 pm »

Let's do the focused research.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Zormod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 166 Return of explorers and New Tactics
« Reply #5443 on: June 26, 2016, 07:32:38 pm »

Alright, try to leave now. Keep the new hypercube.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 166: BEHOLD MISTA J!
« Reply #5444 on: June 26, 2016, 07:40:54 pm »

Act Two. Scene One. There is no title good enough to explain what just happened.

"YOUTH ART IS A BLAST I WILL BE THE PIRATE KING NINJA OVERLORD... ARRRRT!"

Mista J seemed to explode with energy. Then he did a PM thing. Then he made 6 essences.

((... I have no words.))
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.
Pages: 1 ... 361 362 [363] 364 365 ... 506