Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should freshly entering mages be given +10/+10 worth of random essences?

Yes
- 19 (46.3%)
No
- 9 (22%)
It should be more than that
- 6 (14.6%)
It should be less than that
- 7 (17.1%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Pages: 1 ... 362 363 [364] 365 366 ... 506

Author Topic: Roll to Magic: Turn 268 The finish line  (Read 1178001 times)

star2wars3

• Bay Watcher
  • Join The Dark Side!
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 166 Return of explorers and New Tactics
« Reply #5445 on: June 27, 2016, 06:28:23 am »

Skelliborn

Action:
Summon healing shivs and use on myself
« Last Edit: June 28, 2016, 07:49:13 am by star2wars3 »
((Batshit evil, pessimistic neutral and clumsy good cover nearly entire spectrum. Sadly, but optimists are a rare breed, that is currently running into extinction.))
((That tends to happen when you're optimistic enough to wait out the apocalypse. I wish them plenty of luck, but chances are they'll need it.))

DAPARROT

• Bay Watcher
  • More parrots
    • View Profile
« Reply #5446 on: June 27, 2016, 12:49:26 pm »

make 2 essences
I should probably introduce the actual plot soon
7/11 guy, bringer of the apocabeepse. Uplifter of threads. Herald of the hive.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5447 on: June 27, 2016, 01:04:40 pm »

Skelliborn

Action:
Summon syringes of curing all and use 1 on myself

((Since some syringes have needles))

{Yeah, I'm going to say that this is a bit too far fetched to work. Needles belong to spears, not swords. But I can reccomend a healing shiv instead.}
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

ironsnake345

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOMAIN:REFERENCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5448 on: June 27, 2016, 02:13:18 pm »

PM action
((Because of miscellaneous tomfuckery, you may want to read your PM's right away, DG.))
I think I just retroactively murdered a less lucky version of myself from a parallel universe. Also do I still have a baguette?
Are my memes dank enough for you?
Thanks to the internet-cromancer, my internet has been revived. I'm back, baby!

star2wars3

• Bay Watcher
  • Join The Dark Side!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5449 on: June 27, 2016, 03:04:59 pm »

Skelliborn

Action:
Summon syringes of curing all and use 1 on myself

{Yeah, I'm going to say that this is a bit too far fetched to work. Needles belong to spears, not swords. But I can reccomend a healing shiv instead.}

((retconning))
((Batshit evil, pessimistic neutral and clumsy good cover nearly entire spectrum. Sadly, but optimists are a rare breed, that is currently running into extinction.))
((That tends to happen when you're optimistic enough to wait out the apocalypse. I wish them plenty of luck, but chances are they'll need it.))

XXXXYYYY

• Bay Watcher
  • Been a long time.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5450 on: June 27, 2016, 10:00:09 pm »

((Did my spell work? The turn didn't say anything.))
Oooooooo. I know. ClF3. That should be a fun surprise.

ironsnake345

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOMAIN:REFERENCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5451 on: June 27, 2016, 10:06:34 pm »

Skelliborn

Action:

((I think you need to do a teensy bit more retconning there, bud.  :P))
I think I just retroactively murdered a less lucky version of myself from a parallel universe. Also do I still have a baguette?
Are my memes dank enough for you?
Thanks to the internet-cromancer, my internet has been revived. I'm back, baby!

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5452 on: June 28, 2016, 07:04:33 am »

((Did my spell work? The turn didn't say anything.))

{Either I am misremembering something or I somehow managed to lose a paragraph. Yes, your spell worked and you have a vial that is slowly filling up with poison.}
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

star2wars3

• Bay Watcher
  • Join The Dark Side!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5453 on: June 28, 2016, 07:50:24 am »

Skelliborn

Action:

((I think you need to do a teensy bit more retconning there, bud.  :P))
((I don't see what you mean. Clearly the line in red was never there.*cough cough retcon retcon*. See.))

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5454 on: June 28, 2016, 09:32:14 am »

Magic up enough antidote to cure and immunize everyone then begin administering, sickest first.

Transform my omnicube back into a shield and use it to protect myself and whoever I'm healing. Remember it has a luck roll to avoid damage and +2 luck.

((The dragon breath should have had a pot roll btw.))
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
  • You are doomed, doomed, I tell you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5455 on: June 28, 2016, 05:02:14 pm »

Attempt to forge the bloodstone into a serrated sword.

thegamemaster1234

• Bay Watcher
  • [LINUX_USER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5456 on: June 30, 2016, 11:01:31 am »

((Sorry for the inactivity; I've been distracted by the onset of the summer holidays!))
Jiksap, slightly dazed by the effectiveness of his previous attack, finally comes to. Uh oh, the cannon doesn't look too good. About time to fix that, then?

Grant the cannon the property "In Pristine Condition" (using magic, 2 +1/+1 essences) then fire again! At the main eye, of course.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2016, 11:04:50 am by thegamemaster1234 »

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5457 on: June 30, 2016, 12:42:57 pm »

Just checking in to make sure you got that PM.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5458 on: June 30, 2016, 07:17:18 pm »

Turn 167

Let's do the focused research.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Magus N.A. thought about how to approach the problem of too much data and decided to begin on time. The information arrived randomly, but tracking the spell when it goes forward or backward in time to get the information should provide at least a rough grasp of when the information is coming from. It should work in practice. And so Magus looked with one eye at the scribblings on the wall and with the other at strands of spellcraft that made up the spell. They extended towards "now", at least as far as Magus could tell. The problem was to what exactly they extended. The anti-scrying wards shock the aether fog on the wall and fried both of Magus eyes.

Alright, try to leave now. Keep the new hypercube.

Cuberac pocketed the newly created hypercube and walked to the courtyard of the Tower. There he faced a minor problem. The gates were still closed and the strange door was gone without a trace. This left the most obvious available path outside, jumping off the walls. The fall was not that great, though it was still possible to quite easily sprain an ankle.

make 2 essences

Seva pondered what to do now. Usually, he'd be writing down several myths about phoenix fire he had just disproven with the little experiment, but that was not exactly a priority right now. Summon a whole phoenix and disprove myths on that?

Attempt to forge the bloodstone into a serrated sword.

Duritarium ordered the bloodstone to flow into a more useful shape, specifically that of a sword. It obeyed, and the ring around Duritarium dissolved, moving in front of him, filling an invisible mold of magic. A serrated bastard sword of bloodstone fell and embedded itself into the stone beneath.

Skelliborn

Action:

((Sorry for the inactivity; I've been distracted by the onset of the summer holidays!))
Jiksap, slightly dazed by the effectiveness of his previous attack, finally comes to. Uh oh, the cannon doesn't look too good. About time to fix that, then?

Grant the cannon the property "In Pristine Condition" (using magic, 2 +1/+1 essences) then fire again! At the main eye, of course.
Magic up enough antidote to cure and immunize everyone then begin administering, sickest first.

Transform my omnicube back into a shield and use it to protect myself and whoever I'm healing. Remember it has a luck roll to avoid damage and +2 luck.

((The dragon breath should have had a pot roll btw.))

The poison was beginning to become a problem. Skeliborn attempted to conjure some possibly useful torture implements but underestimated the power required for such enchantment and ended up conjuring a small pile of iron dust. James was unsurprisingly more effective, healing being his expertise after all, and injected a dose of antidote to both Skeliborn and Gambler. Their coughing began to wane almost immediately.

A bit further away, Jiksap was having problems of his own. Oxygen in the water around him was beginning to run out, but he was determined to run out of killable beholder before running out of breath. His magic washed over the cannon, countering the saltwater, he griped the blade trigger firmly and pulled. Blades flew from the cannon to the main eye in a river of sharp edges, cutting and cleaving, leaving enough darkened magicless flesh to make the whole eye appear as if rotting. Liquid began seeping from the eye in large enough quantities to visibly dilute the pool beneath. There was little chance that Bigholder would survive this, but even in death throes the creature was still dangerous.

{Bigholder dies in 3 turns. This can be decreased by damaging main eye further.}

Even as Bigholder was trashing about shedding skeletons climbing it, one of its eyes retained purpose. Or rather, hundreds of eyes. A pale lens appeared over the cursing eye, and as all of separate curse beams fired, they fused in the lens, showering the battlefield in magic light. Skeliborn and Gambler began screaming in pain as remaining antidote James had begun bubbling as strange pale lights danced within.

{Skeliborn and Gambler gain Blood Curse. Roll each turn against END 4, if failed, all wounds, curses and poisons become more dangerous.(It still cured you from Bigholder poison, so you one of you is not quite so dead yet.}

Spoiler: Boss Beholder (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Map (click to show/hide)

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 167 Critical hit
« Reply #5459 on: June 30, 2016, 07:20:47 pm »

I think this turn had as many people playing through PM's as those playing through thread.

The begining point of people trying to shadowrun eachother is placed here if anyone asks in the future.
Pages: 1 ... 362 363 [364] 365 366 ... 506