Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should freshly entering mages be given +10/+10 worth of random essences?

Yes
- 19 (46.3%)
No
- 9 (22%)
It should be more than that
- 6 (14.6%)
It should be less than that
- 7 (17.1%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Pages: 1 ... 363 364 [365] 366 367 ... 506

Author Topic: Roll to Magic: Turn 268 The finish line  (Read 1181601 times)

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 167 BEHOLD MISTA J
« Reply #5460 on: June 30, 2016, 07:28:41 pm »

Act Two. Scene Two. There is no title bad enough to explain what just happened.

"WHAT"

Mista J seemed to droop. Then he started screaming.

((... I still have no words.))
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

DAPARROT

• Bay Watcher
  • More parrots
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 167 Critical hit
« Reply #5461 on: June 30, 2016, 08:14:12 pm »

pmed action
I should probably introduce the actual plot soon
7/11 guy, bringer of the apocabeepse. Uplifter of threads. Herald of the hive.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5462 on: June 30, 2016, 08:21:13 pm »

* Elephant Parade opens map

I think this turn had as many people playing through PM's as those playing through thread.

The begining point of people trying to shadowrun eachother is placed here if anyone asks in the future.
The tower is feeling less safe every turn.

ironsnake345

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOMAIN:REFERENCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5463 on: June 30, 2016, 08:30:41 pm »

Umm... PM I guess!
I think I just retroactively murdered a less lucky version of myself from a parallel universe. Also do I still have a baguette?
Are my memes dank enough for you?
Thanks to the internet-cromancer, my internet has been revived. I'm back, baby!

H4zardZ1

• Bay Watcher
  • Mostly Harmless
    • View Profile
« Reply #5464 on: July 01, 2016, 12:09:01 am »

Absorb electricity from the main eye?
Quote from: Rock
Quote from: Comrade Qwasich
Stop bullying children
I can't
I have to bully children
Sigtext and other things

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5465 on: July 01, 2016, 01:12:54 am »

"No... NO! I CANNOT be defeated by such INFERIOR creatures! I will NOT allow it!"

Turn red (with blood).
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

Zormod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5466 on: July 01, 2016, 01:16:54 am »

Check to see if the gate is actually locked. Form 2 essences.

star2wars3

• Bay Watcher
  • Join The Dark Side!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5467 on: July 01, 2016, 08:10:01 am »

Looks like we've critically wounded 1000 eyes. I almost want to recommend that we should focus on preparing to fight the skeleton army since they'll probably try to kill us once 1000 eyes is dead.
With the help of Master Hepheastus use the iron dust to forge healing shivs with the power to undo curses and use on myself
((Batshit evil, pessimistic neutral and clumsy good cover nearly entire spectrum. Sadly, but optimists are a rare breed, that is currently running into extinction.))
((That tends to happen when you're optimistic enough to wait out the apocalypse. I wish them plenty of luck, but chances are they'll need it.))

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
  • You are doomed, doomed, I tell you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5468 on: July 01, 2016, 10:26:17 am »

Take the sword, and head north.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5469 on: July 01, 2016, 11:11:55 am »

...Disguise myself as part of the enchantments on the tower.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

thegamemaster1234

• Bay Watcher
  • [LINUX_USER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5470 on: July 01, 2016, 05:49:29 pm »

The Bigholder was almost finished! Jiksap would have to decide whether to run or to see things through to the end. For now, he chooses to fight! Desirable targets have changed; his teammates are close to dying, and it's not the main eye that's doing this.

Fire again, this time at that green eye!

XXXXYYYY

• Bay Watcher
  • Been a long time.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5471 on: July 01, 2016, 08:54:01 pm »

Summon a glass sphere that absorbs curses. Apply to self to attempt to remove curse.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2016, 11:51:57 pm by XXXXYYYY »
Oooooooo. I know. ClF3. That should be a fun surprise.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5472 on: July 02, 2016, 08:49:45 am »

By the power of healing and +5/5 essences, heal my friends of their terrible affliction.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5473 on: July 03, 2016, 06:11:13 pm »

Turn 168

Check to see if the gate is actually locked. Form 2 essences.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Cuberac checked the gates and they were still as locked as they were when he arrived. Plan A (Not jumping off a wall) was a fail unless he found the guy who made the door he used before and got him to do another one. Then again, he could conjure something to soften the landing, so maybe plan B (jumping off the wall) was not all bad.

Act Two. Scene Two. There is no title bad enough to explain what just happened.

"WHAT"

Mista J seemed to droop. Then he started screaming.

((... I still have no words.))

Mista J felt power surge within him, surging, growing, pushing against boundaries that contained them. He wanted to scream but no sound left his throat. He could feel his skin heating up as magic pushed at all sides seeking to let lose.

Take the sword, and head north.

Duritarum, equipped with his new blade, headed northwards. His travel was soon interrupted, as he reached a huge cloud of poison gas out of which further ahead towered largest beholder he had ever seen. It was as big as a house, and heavily injured. Through the fog of poison Duritarum could see several other mages battling the huge beholder.

...Disguise myself as part of the enchantments on the tower.

Magus N.A. more felt than saw dark clouds hovering where his sight used to be and decided that this was a really convenient time for anyone walking around to want him dead. Convenient for them, not for him, which seemed as a very good reason to hide. Thankfully, the tower provided an opportunity, and Magus reached out towards the strands of enchantment that made up the tower. It was simple enough to veil himself from any search magic within the enchantment dense Tower.

Absorb electricity from the main eye?
Looks like we've critically wounded 1000 eyes. I almost want to recommend that we should focus on preparing to fight the skeleton army since they'll probably try to kill us once 1000 eyes is dead.
With the help of Master Hepheastus use the iron dust to forge healing shivs with the power to undo curses and use on myself
The Bigholder was almost finished! Jiksap would have to decide whether to run or to see things through to the end. For now, he chooses to fight! Desirable targets have changed; his teammates are close to dying, and it's not the main eye that's doing this.

Fire again, this time at that green eye!
Summon a glass sphere that absorbs curses. Apply to self to attempt to remove curse.
By the power of healing and +5/5 essences, heal my friends of their terrible affliction.

Even as beholder trashed about in futile effort to stay away from death's door the attempts to hasten it's journey to the other side. Skeletons approached unseen through the fog of poison and by now there were dozens of them both climbing and letting lose arrows. Not all mages were resting either, although Eterna's attempt to drain power from Beholder proved almost entirely meaningless as the Bigholder was already bleeding power everywhere. Jiksap fared little better as only about a third of blades managed to hit anything, and half of that were skeletons climbing the emerald eye.

Alas, not all mages were as ready to attack as Eterna. Gambler was attempting frantically to deal with his curse, same as Skeliborn, however, both of them were faced with failure. Spell meant to fix up Gambler turned out an entirely ordinary glass bead, but at least he didn’t make the situation worse. Hephaistus disapproved of torture implements and when Skeliborn asked for his help, help he did but only with the shiv part of the spell. A rather important detail that Skeliborn failed to notice as he shanked himself in the stomach with the freshly made shiv. What made it even worse was that he managed to hit his own liver and began bleeding rather severely.

James, seeing that situation was not going towards victory quite fast enough, opted to go for some quick mass healing. He focused his magic into a small cloud of silver sparks and then threw them upwards. The sparks scattered around, homing in on closest mages. James felt poison influence decrease on his body and Nihilum and Eterna experienced the same. Still, it was Skeliborn and gambler who gained most out of the spell, as it closed up the wound in Skeliborn entirely and reduced burns on Gambler significantly.
{Curses are spells in progress and not wounds. This makes healing magic able to deal with effects but not the curse itself.}

Not allow was going well for mages, however. Cursed eyes of the Bigholder turned to them again, this time the curse beams scattered in search for targets, focusing on James, Gambler and the Dakka-cannon. James managed to resist the attack well enough, but Gambler, afflicted with wounds and Blood curse, suffered. As burns healed, wounds remained causing him to bleed at a rate that was entirely unsurvivable for more than a minute. The third curse however, the one that struck the dakka-cannon turned out... strange. It made the cannon greatly resistant to magic without removing any of the existing enchantments. It would make both harming and buffing the cannon complicated.

{Gambler, bleeding out, 2 turns}
{Bigholder dies in 2 turns.}

Spoiler: Boss Beholder (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Map (click to show/hide)
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 168 Misguided efforts
« Reply #5474 on: July 03, 2016, 06:12:56 pm »

PM's have decreased, but shadowruns have not. If people start dissapearing they probably did not just go on vacation.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2016, 07:08:34 pm by DreamerGhost »
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.
Pages: 1 ... 363 364 [365] 366 367 ... 506