Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should freshly entering mages be given +10/+10 worth of random essences?

Yes
- 19 (46.3%)
No
- 9 (22%)
It should be more than that
- 6 (14.6%)
It should be less than that
- 7 (17.1%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Pages: 1 ... 365 366 [367] 368 369 ... 506

Author Topic: Roll to Magic: Turn 268 The finish line  (Read 1177676 times)

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 168 Misguided efforts
« Reply #5490 on: July 05, 2016, 10:15:20 am »

Then I'll let it do that.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

ironsnake345

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOMAIN:REFERENCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5491 on: July 05, 2016, 12:01:00 pm »

Why does everyone but me seem to have perfect memory.
((Because this is bay12 forums. "Normal people" is an idea which here is considered dangerous hereticism, and those who even humor the idea of normalcy are used to test new anti-goblin/elf traps, dwarven childcare systems, waste management projects, and archery ranges until they are eventually hammered and then cast in obsidian for their crimes. Their remains are then tastefully arranged in a massive obsidian statue garden, to serve as a warning to all aspiring normal people.))
« Last Edit: July 05, 2016, 12:16:20 pm by ironsnake345 »
I think I just retroactively murdered a less lucky version of myself from a parallel universe. Also do I still have a baguette?
Are my memes dank enough for you?
Thanks to the internet-cromancer, my internet has been revived. I'm back, baby!

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
  • You are doomed, doomed, I tell you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5492 on: July 05, 2016, 12:14:26 pm »

Head a bit to the east, and try to go around the fog.

XXXXYYYY

• Bay Watcher
  • Been a long time.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5493 on: July 06, 2016, 01:56:52 pm »

See if the crystal of purification has any effect on the curse. Help James, if possible.
Oooooooo. I know. ClF3. That should be a fun surprise.

thegamemaster1234

• Bay Watcher
  • [LINUX_USER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5494 on: July 06, 2016, 06:42:06 pm »

Fire at the Thousand879 Eyes!

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5495 on: July 07, 2016, 03:41:25 pm »

Turn 169

Alright, try to find that mystery mage. Examine my pyramid while I do so. Can I copy the enchantment?

Cuberac decided not to risk crossing unknown wards that the wall would doubtlessly have, and opted to have a look for the Mr. Doormaker. He wasn't too hard to find, though meditating in a corridor, however unused, was a tiny bit strange. Cuberac decided to respectably wait a minute in case his new friend was about to finish. And there were things to do while waiting, the pyramid he had was quite interesting. Sadly, it was too complex for Cuberac to explore, as he had no skill with enchantment, but he did manage to figure out that it was a highly specialized dispelling instrument, possibly a key of sorts.

Then I'll let it do that.

Another good way to not attract attention was not to move, something that Magus was doing with, if not enthusiasm, then with diligence. If anyone walked by they might had confused him with a corpse. Now that he focused on it, he could feel clearly how tower’s healing aura worked on his eyes. His vision was still blurry, but he could now at least see around more or less.

Head a bit to the east, and try to go around the fog.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Deciding that the gigantic poison cloud with magic bouncing around wherever was NOT the place to be, Duritarum did the smart thing and walked around it. There were other things that were just as interesting as the poison cloud though. To the south there were gemstone towers, seemingly manned by skeletons and to the north there were murky pools where tentacled creatures floated lazily. West also promised interesting adventure with what seemed to be a forest of mushrooms.
Absorb electricity from the composite eyes.
((Finally, I can stop making PM actions. This didn't go as I planned, but I can still be helpful!))

Suddenly, magic shot forth from the mountains, and a spell wove itself around the bigholder. GUESS WHO'S BACK, BABY!!! Chorkinaan attempts to create a perfectly opaque spherical shell of physicality which encompasses the bigholder, too large for the beholder to push it apart from inside, using two chaotic +1cmp essences, 1 +1 pot essence, and a +1/+1 essence. He then charges down the mountain towards the battlefield, creating two essences along the way, stopping short of the poison cloud.

((Even if the bigholder can fire straight through this, it'll be firing blind! Plus, it'll probably take too long to break out.)

Skeliborn

Action:
Using the dakka-cannon as a blue print, create a hand held version of the dakka-cannon.

Stop Gambler from bleeding to death.
See if the crystal of purification has any effect on the curse. Help James, if possible.
Fire at the Thousand879 Eyes!

Eterna continued to struggle as his magic continuously latched onto the discharges coming off the main eye. He swore as another spell failed and electrocuted his fingers. Nearby, Skeliborn attempted to replicate the Dakka-Cannon for some personal use but only managed to conjure up a tube filled with sharp edges.

Gambler was having some troubles as well. James managed to stop him from bleeding to death for now, but his purifying crystal was failing to help against the curse. Crystal was latching onto the magic, but it simply did not have the power to deal with it.

Even Jiksap was not immune to the sudden wave of incompetence that surged through the mages, as the water on the gun caused problems beyond rust, namely, it made the dakka-cannon slippery. Jiksap barely managed to squeeze few blades out before the Dakka cannon slipped his grasp and fell on the ground.

Seeing that his allies failed to finish off the Bigholder, Chorkinaan decided to employ a delaying tactic. The Bigholder was nearly dead, and they would need to live for just few minutes more to claim victory. A blinding screen of gray appeared over the Bigholder hiding it from the mages and hiding mages from it.

Beholder was suffering, between the skeletons trying to carve it into bacon strips and massive injuries caused by mages it was slipping into pain. Even though the physicality screen around it was no stronger than tissue paper it was too maddened by pain to attack. For some mages though, even that could be too much.

Jiksap noticed that his vision was beginning to get blurry and it was becoming harder and harder to stay focused. His lungs burned same as they did when he tried to go above water without his watersuit. The last supplies of oxygen in his suit were exhausted and he was starting to suffocate. Yet his situation was not the worst here. Poison levels in bodies of Nihilum, Eterna and even James had reached critical levels. It struck Eterna especially hard, electricity mage just collapsed onto the ground unconscious. Nihilum fell on his knees, fighting a losing fight to stay awake. James fared the best due to his ring of regeneration but he had lost his senses of smell and touch completely and darkness was swirling around the edges of his eyes. Only Skeliborn and just now finally healed Gambler stood in full capability against the Bigholder.

{James, Nihilum and Eterna gain Heavily poisoned. -1 to all physical stats.}
{Eterna has been knocked unconscious by poison overdose.}
{Jiksap is suffocating, difficulty of the roll will increase by on each turn, difference of vs roll accumulates and will inflict physical penalties each 3 points and cause unconsciousness if difference of a roll exceeds 3.}
{Bigholder dies next turn.}

Spoiler: Boss Beholder (click to show/hide)

Name: Clownman
Affinity:Incompetence
Description(optional): a clown. not much else to say.
STR=0
DEX=1
SPD=1
END=0
POT=6
first turn:make three essences.

Central portal opened and from it walked a mage that was something of a secret among the community. It was said that one now known as Clownman began as a perfectionist craftsman with dozens of apprentices. His perfectionist nature caused him great anger whenever his apprentices failed, until one day he snapped and unleashed previously unknown magical power, causing widespread damage as people began failing at literally everything. None who know of him dare to approach, fearing the worst of cursed fates.

Spoiler: Map (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 07, 2016, 05:29:57 pm by DreamerGhost »
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 169 Turn for worse
« Reply #5496 on: July 07, 2016, 03:43:24 pm »

Bay12 is throwing me bunch of 504 errors. I'll try to get PM's through today but no promises.
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 168 BEHOLD MISTA J.
« Reply #5497 on: July 07, 2016, 03:49:03 pm »

Act Two. Scene Three. There is no title bad enough to explain what just happened.

"!"

Mista J seemed to calm, surprisingly... though on the inside, he was still terrified. Mista J. sat down and meditated, aiming to send a message to his muse: "This wasn't my fault, and if I could I would work my art."
((Missed my action. Plus Clownman's.))
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 168 BEHOLD MISTA J.
« Reply #5498 on: July 07, 2016, 04:49:48 pm »

Act Two. Scene Three. There is no title bad enough to explain what just happened.

"!"

Mista J seemed to calm, surprisingly... though on the inside, he was still terrified. Mista J. sat down and meditated, aiming to send a message to his muse: "This wasn't my fault, and if I could I would work my art."
((Missed my action. Plus Clownman's.))

((Added clownman, and you get to have your turn in a PM again. You'll see why.))

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
  • You are doomed, doomed, I tell you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5499 on: July 07, 2016, 05:16:55 pm »

Continue south to the gemstone towers.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 169 BEHOLD MISTA J.
« Reply #5500 on: July 07, 2016, 05:45:03 pm »

Act Two. Scene Four. In which MISTA J. GOES SLIGHTLY BERSERK.

"!"

Mista J. stood up, and started running around the castle, screaming about youth, silencing, insanity, and art... in sign language. Along the way, he gives death glares to every mage he sees. The mage who looks the most guilty or taken aback is promptly strangled.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Zormod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5501 on: July 07, 2016, 05:57:09 pm »

"Well crap. I'm going to be locked in this tower forever, aren't I?"

Observe newly(?) insane mage, try to enhance my hyperbladecube with antimagical qualities. Use two +1/+1 essences on the spell.

ironsnake345

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOMAIN:REFERENCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5502 on: July 07, 2016, 06:03:49 pm »

Chorkinaan, at the edge of the poison fields, casts a spell targeting a huge chunk of the poison cloud, one which enveloped all the magi fighting the bigholder, and increases the weight of the gas, causing it to sink down and spread out under its own weight, offering the magi some breathing room. All remaining essences go into this.
This can be the bugs' problem now!
« Last Edit: July 07, 2016, 06:06:42 pm by ironsnake345 »
I think I just retroactively murdered a less lucky version of myself from a parallel universe. Also do I still have a baguette?
Are my memes dank enough for you?
Thanks to the internet-cromancer, my internet has been revived. I'm back, baby!

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5503 on: July 07, 2016, 09:37:49 pm »

"Mmph mmphl mmph. Mmphl mmphl, mmph."

Pm'd action.
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

Gonchon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5504 on: July 07, 2016, 11:22:13 pm »

make three more essences.
((should the essences I made last turn show up in my inventory?))
Pages: 1 ... 365 366 [367] 368 369 ... 506