Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should freshly entering mages be given +10/+10 worth of random essences?

Yes
- 19 (46.3%)
No
- 9 (22%)
It should be more than that
- 6 (14.6%)
It should be less than that
- 7 (17.1%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Pages: 1 ... 366 367 [368] 369 370 ... 506

Author Topic: Roll to Magic: Turn 268 The finish line  (Read 1177752 times)

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 169 Turn for worse
« Reply #5505 on: July 08, 2016, 01:49:16 am »

Wait, make (three) essences.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5506 on: July 08, 2016, 06:16:23 am »

make three more essences.
((should the essences I made last turn show up in my inventory?))

In a sperate Essences part of the inventory that is a bit to the right, but yes. Fixed.
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

thegamemaster1234

• Bay Watcher
  • [LINUX_USER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5507 on: July 08, 2016, 06:50:09 am »

The Bigholder is finished, and Jiksap has reached his breathing limit. It was time to leave the scene (temporarily). As soon as he gets a breath of fresh... er... water, there are allies to be rescued.

Quickly exit and re-open the suit ventilation as soon as I am clear of the poison cloud.
...Oh yeah, and escape to the south-west.

star2wars3

• Bay Watcher
  • Join The Dark Side!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5508 on: July 08, 2016, 03:59:13 pm »

You know, I'm really getting tired of you 1000 eyes. However, despite your general lack of skill, you managed to hold on for longer than I would have expected. You have fought well but not even you are no match for the combined strength of the wizards who have assembled in this land . I will now show the greatest mercy I can bestow upon a defeated foe and end this.

Skeliborn deals the final blow to the Bigholder using Vortex Bane.

May your soul find eternal peace.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2016, 04:02:03 pm by star2wars3 »
((Batshit evil, pessimistic neutral and clumsy good cover nearly entire spectrum. Sadly, but optimists are a rare breed, that is currently running into extinction.))
((That tends to happen when you're optimistic enough to wait out the apocalypse. I wish them plenty of luck, but chances are they'll need it.))

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
  • likes dragons for their fiery breath
    • View Profile
« Reply #5509 on: July 08, 2016, 06:39:04 pm »

((IM BACK FOR REALS THIS TIME I SWEAR!))

"mmmmmmm........maybe its time to take a break from this. I could always set up a room here instead. lets have a look around."

explore the castle, take my animate metal golem with me.
Kids make great meat shields.
I nominate endlessblaze as our chief military executive!

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5510 on: July 08, 2016, 07:26:03 pm »

You know, I'm really getting tired of you 1000 eyes. However, despite your general lack of skill, you managed to hold on for longer than I would have expected. You have fought well but not even you are no match for the combined strength of the wizards who have assembled in this land . I will now show the greatest mercy I can bestow upon a defeated foe and end this.

"Mmphl."

((The Bigholder heard that as muffled noises, due to ironsnake's barrier))
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5511 on: July 09, 2016, 02:06:31 pm »

*Cough cough*
Take a cure-all pill to deal with my own symptoms, then begin a mass poison curing by overclocking the liver and kidneys ritual.

Keep my luck-based indestructible glass shield up for defense from any last ditch attacks.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5512 on: July 10, 2016, 04:51:25 pm »

The two hours bay12 decided to break just so happened to coinside with the time I like to use for updates. Update is likely going to be delayed unntil tomorow.

Alas, there are more bad news. I am visiting my grandparents for next week, which means shaky internet at best, which in turn makes me hate doing anything on the internet. Thursday update is likely to be skipped.
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5513 on: July 10, 2016, 05:45:05 pm »

Action PM'd

XXXXYYYY

• Bay Watcher
  • Been a long time.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5514 on: July 11, 2016, 01:42:25 am »

It's almost dead. Decrease the chance of an ally taking serious damage, to protect against death throes.
Oooooooo. I know. ClF3. That should be a fun surprise.

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #5515 on: July 11, 2016, 04:15:07 pm »

Kahel blinked, coming back to his senses. Has he fainted for a bit while leaning against the tower walls? Seems like that. His whole body ached, signalling about various injures and maladies that affected it since coming to this bright new world. Oh well. He only needs to push himself one more time...

Conjure and study magical map. Find James the Healer and walk to his spot, with some caution - who knows what experiments he conducts this time around?
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

H4zardZ1

• Bay Watcher
  • Mostly Harmless
    • View Profile
« Reply #5516 on: July 11, 2016, 09:08:40 pm »

Skip turn?
Quote from: Rock
Quote from: Comrade Qwasich
Stop bullying children
I can't
I have to bully children
Sigtext and other things

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5517 on: July 12, 2016, 12:23:40 pm »

Turn 170

Continue south to the gemstone towers.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Duritarum decided that gemstone towers were more explorable than murky swamp water and walked off towards the nearest one. It was a tower of amethyst, and skeletons that seemed aflame, but each bearing a flame of different color. Duritarum had sneaked over to the entrance without being seen, which gave him a few options to choose from as to how proceed forward.

Act Two. Scene Four. In which MISTA J. GOES SLIGHTLY BERSERK.

"!"

Mista J. stood up, and started running around the castle, screaming about youth, silencing, insanity, and art... in sign language. Along the way, he gives death glares to every mage he sees. The mage who looks the most guilty or taken aback is promptly strangled.

Mista J. began his wild running investigation through the tower with Cuberac, since he was the closest mage present. He didn’t look guilty. Next up was Flare, who also seemed fairly innocent, although the golem he had with him seemed a bit shifty. With nobody found that could be blamed, Mista J. Began thinking about who could had cursed him without even being anywhere nearby. Then it hit him. Jase, the master of the tower, not only would he be able to cast the fairly complex silence spell but he could also cast anywhere within the tower if what he knew about wizardly sanctums were true.

"Well crap. I'm going to be locked in this tower forever, aren't I?"

Observe newly(?) insane mage, try to enhance my hyperbladecube with antimagical qualities. Use two +1/+1 essences on the spell.

Cuberac watched Mista J. go off to gods know where with both disappointment and relaxation. He knew that the important thing to do was not to flinch and it worked. The madmage went away. His hope of leaving the tower at non-dangerous velocity went away. Not knowing how best to react to this Cuberac went to work and added some ability to resist magic to his swarm of hyperbladecubes.

make three more essences.
((should the essences I made last turn show up in my inventory?))

Clownman looked around, taking in the place that had suddenly strung up around him. It had been built up most incompetently. Mountains in the northeast sprung up with no hills before them, it was most unnatural. Water to the west went all the way to the edge, twice unrealistic, as there was a lake that was clearly running off the edge and yet there was water there, and there were icebergs in the water, despite air being rather warm. It was as if this was all built by a clown. Clownman did not laugh at that, clowning was much too serious to be laughed at.

"mmmmmmm........maybe its time to take a break from this. I could always set up a room here instead. lets have a look around."

explore the castle, take my animate metal golem with me.

Flare left the council chamber, although not before some really strange looking mage stared at him for about five strangely long seconds and ran off. The Tower had seen better days, it would seem, even if it had been here for no more than an hour. Flare walked through the long, empty corridors, until he reached one door that was seemingly no different from the others. It wasn't different, really, Flare just decided that this was quite enough walking and gripped the door handle firmly. As he did, magic that was hanging over the door discharged into him, burying itself deep within him to wait for the right time to strike. Inside, Flare found a wizard surrounded up to waist with some sort of gas that spilled into the corridor as he opened the door. It would seem that the room was taken.

{Vulnerability curse, Next time you roll END, you get -3 to the roll.}

Kahel blinked, coming back to his senses. Has he fainted for a bit while leaning against the tower walls? Seems like that. His whole body ached, signalling about various injures and maladies that affected it since coming to this bright new world. Oh well. He only needs to push himself one more time...

Conjure and study magical map. Find James the Healer and walk to his spot, with some caution - who knows what experiments he conducts this time around?

Kahel woke himself out of the pain induced stupor, and conjured up a map. Tower gates were closed, but James was always generous with his healing skills. He wasn't even all that far. Of course, he wasn’t all that far by standards of people who were not recently flayed, for Kahel he was quite a distance away, but he was almost getting used to the constant pain by now. He managed to walk over to the decayed eldritch fields before deciding to take a rest and reevaluating his plan as the map showed that James was somewhere in that huge poisonous looking cloud with a monster that was bleeding lightning sticking out above.

Wait, make (three) essences.

Magus N.A. blinked a few more times as the remaining blurriness went away. It was quite useful having this healing aura around, and he wondered briefly as to how many seers would had been able to avoid blindness with a ring of regeneration.

The Bigholder is finished, and Jiksap has reached his breathing limit. It was time to leave the scene (temporarily). As soon as he gets a breath of fresh... er... water, there are allies to be rescued.

Quickly exit and re-open the suit ventilation as soon as I am clear of the poison cloud.
...Oh yeah, and escape to the south-west.

*Cough cough*
Take a cure-all pill to deal with my own symptoms, then begin a mass poison curing by overclocking the liver and kidneys ritual.

Keep my luck-based indestructible glass shield up for defense from any last ditch attacks.

It's almost dead. Decrease the chance of an ally taking serious damage, to protect against death throes.
Chorkinaan, at the edge of the poison fields, casts a spell targeting a huge chunk of the poison cloud, one which enveloped all the magi fighting the bigholder, and increases the weight of the gas, causing it to sink down and spread out under its own weight, offering the magi some breathing room. All remaining essences go into this.
This can be the bugs' problem now!
Jiksap, deciding that he was already pushing his luck a tad too much, ran out of the poison and reengaged his air filters. Almost immediately he began feeling better as fresh oxygen reached his gills. Back in the poison cloud things were not going as well.

Seeing that the Bigholder was almost dead, Skeliborn caught the hero craze and decided to make extra certain that it was dead and that everyone remembered that he did the most work. To achieve that, he decided to get to the Bigholder and cleave off something important. There were only two problems with the plan. The Bigholder was trashing about, which made holding on rather difficult, too difficult for him, as Skeliborn found out after getting close and being tossed back into the lake. The lake that was poisonous, acidic, filled with tentacles and on fire, which was the second problem. To make matters even worse, his blood curse kicked in, leaving Skeliborn struggling in tentacles as his joints ached, his movements slowed down, and his flesh caught fire.

James decided that having blood curse was worse than this poison and began plan b on dealing with this. He swallowed one of his pre-prepared pills for occasions just like this and began a spell to purify the poison out of himself and his allies. But between renewing influence of poison and complexity of the spell the difficulty proved too much for him and he felt his liver churn and twist inside him as the spell failed. It didn’t do any real damage but it was a delay, and at this point delays could very well be lethal.

Fate seemed to smile on the wizards, as Chorkinaan finished weaving his spell at the same time Gambler did, the poison fog flowing down onto the ground and luck moving about to help them. It seemed that there was little left but to heal the injured and celebrate the victory. Then the bubble popped and lightning bolt fried Eterna's left arm into a crisp, ruining any hopes of it being useful without extensive help. Worse still, popping bubble revealed a new cloud of gas that fell over the wizards.

Fate was often considered to be a genie, as when it gave with one hand it took with another. Even though the last attack was dangerous, Bigholder was unable to keep life in its body any longer. It fell back into the lake, bleeding from all eyes, as power ran in rivulets from its main eye along with the blood. But it was not over yet.

As dozens of potent alchemical substances began mixing within the lake, their effects increased and sometimes enabled by the power Bigholder was releasing, the lake began to bubble. First, there were just a few bubbles here and there but soon the water around the Bigholder began to bubble as if it was boiling. As the dangerous elixir began to spread across the lake, bubbles spread with it, marking the spread. Flames intensified as the bubbles reached them, burning whatever vapors were released. So much spell power in one place that was now running out of control would not end well, or silently.

{Jiksap is no longer suffocating}
{Nihilum and Eterna are lethally poisoned and will die next turn if not helped.}
{Eterna is also bleeding and will die in 5 turns}
{Lake explodes next turn.}
{Skeliborn is suffering Numerous small injuries to everything and gains -1 to all physical stats as a result.}

Spoiler: Map (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 12, 2016, 02:43:18 pm by DreamerGhost »

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 170 Morality roulette
« Reply #5518 on: July 12, 2016, 12:26:12 pm »

Finally done!
Sorry for the wait, as it turns out my internet here grows weaker as the sun goes down. 10 minute intervals of internetlessness are more iritatation than I was capable of dealing with. I decided to just do it all tomorow.

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 170 Morality roulette
« Reply #5519 on: July 12, 2016, 01:17:09 pm »

Watch the experiment unfold from a great and probably safe distance.

Conjure myself a cool octarine juice. Drink and relax a bit, waiting for conclusion.
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.
Pages: 1 ... 366 367 [368] 369 370 ... 506