Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should freshly entering mages be given +10/+10 worth of random essences?

Yes
- 19 (46.3%)
No
- 9 (22%)
It should be more than that
- 6 (14.6%)
It should be less than that
- 7 (17.1%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Pages: 1 ... 369 370 [371] 372 373 ... 506

Author Topic: Roll to Magic: Turn 268 The finish line  (Read 1177719 times)

H4zardZ1

• Bay Watcher
  • Mostly Harmless
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 170 Morality roulette
« Reply #5550 on: July 15, 2016, 08:49:48 pm »

((Btw who wants to ally with me, kill all the afks and loot all their stuff?))
((Tip: Those seem-to-afk people aren't as idle as you think.))
Quote from: Rock
Quote from: Comrade Qwasich
Stop bullying children
I can't
I have to bully children
Sigtext and other things

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #5551 on: July 15, 2016, 11:30:07 pm »

((Tip: Those seem-to-afk people aren't as idle as you think.))
((Protip: Those mages who are truly afk, totally can and would blast you into a fine bloody mist. Dealing with just one requires extencive preparation to avoid injuries in the process. Still, go for it.))
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5552 on: July 16, 2016, 06:07:55 am »

((While people who are AFK don't do anything, some people only apear to be AFK and are being sneaky. Either way, even if you attack someone truly AFK, they will still defend themselves, as I'll play for them for the duration of attack.))
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5553 on: July 16, 2016, 03:14:02 pm »

*grabs popcorn and submits new character*

Name: Bloodmage Jackson
Affinity: Music
Description(optional): Looks like a stereotypical bard. (Ab)uses the Blood Magic system to get +3/+3 on every magic roll with only a 1/6 chance of backlash effects. If my personal preference weighs in for anything, I'd prefer it if when backlash effects do happen, they would tend to be overshoot-ish things that have to do with the spell/song he is casting/singing, rather than just generic things like "You lose your voice and/or muse.".
STR=0
DEX= 1
SPD= 0
END= 6
POT= 1

First Action: Create three Music essence, using Greater Blood Magic to create each of them.

The usual, give me three spells. Seeing that you intend to be able to heal yourself allready gives me suspicion that you are overestimating how much you'll be able to do.

Name: Easter Sunday
Affinity: Wasps
Description(optional):
STR= 0
DEX=0
SPD=0
END=3
POT= 5
Create 3 essence

Bit limited in scope, but I supose you can go with wasps. Bees worked out well enough previously.

A bit of an update on next turn, I was wrong about when I would return to stable internet, so it is possible that the turn will be delayed until monday. Though I'll try for sunday anyways.
*Ahem*
Cure Status Effects (Heal Bell, a Pokemon Move)
Move at Flash level speeds (Don't Stop Me Now, a Song by Queen)
Cause Terrible Gameplay Mechanics to Temporarily Go Into Effect (Sonic '06 Theme)
Summon/Turn Into Superheroes/Supervillians/Video Game Bosses (Various Theme Songs)
Perform Numerous Miscellaneous Effects (Bard Spells, From Various Sources)
Everything That FoU Listed
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

star2wars3

• Bay Watcher
  • Join The Dark Side!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5554 on: July 16, 2016, 04:26:30 pm »

*grabs popcorn and submits new character*

Name: Bloodmage Jackson
Affinity: Music
Description(optional): Looks like a stereotypical bard. (Ab)uses the Blood Magic system to get +3/+3 on every magic roll with only a 1/6 chance of backlash effects. If my personal preference weighs in for anything, I'd prefer it if when backlash effects do happen, they would tend to be overshoot-ish things that have to do with the spell/song he is casting/singing, rather than just generic things like "You lose your voice and/or muse.".
STR=0
DEX= 1
SPD= 0
END= 6
POT= 1

First Action: Create three Music essence, using Greater Blood Magic to create each of them.

The usual, give me three spells. Seeing that you intend to be able to heal yourself allready gives me suspicion that you are overestimating how much you'll be able to do.

Description(optional):
STR= 0
DEX=0
SPD=0
END=3
POT= 5
Create 3 essence

Bit limited in scope, but I supose you can go with wasps. Bees worked out well enough previously.

A bit of an update on next turn, I was wrong about when I would return to stable internet, so it is possible that the turn will be delayed until monday. Though I'll try for sunday anyways.
*Ahem*
Cause Terrible Gameplay Mechanics to Temporarily Go Into Effect (Sonic '06 Theme)
Summon/Turn Into Superheroes/Supervillians/Video Game Bosses (Various Theme Songs)
((Come to think of it, Wasp is also the name of a swat team I think.))
((And music could probably do something with sound waves))
« Last Edit: July 16, 2016, 04:33:13 pm by star2wars3 »
((Batshit evil, pessimistic neutral and clumsy good cover nearly entire spectrum. Sadly, but optimists are a rare breed, that is currently running into extinction.))
((That tends to happen when you're optimistic enough to wait out the apocalypse. I wish them plenty of luck, but chances are they'll need it.))

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5555 on: July 16, 2016, 05:20:40 pm »

*Ahem*

Hahaha, no. As basic spells (As in stuff you can expect to be able to cast without a ritual), you can get stuff that is sound related, and you can affect minds of those hearing the song.

Otherwise, I'd have to take acount of all that versatility and reduce the power of your spells to the point that they'd do virtually nothing.
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5556 on: July 16, 2016, 05:32:58 pm »

*Ahem*
at this point, you might as well make your affinity "Stuff"

vishdafish

• Bay Watcher
  • Look at me grow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5557 on: July 16, 2016, 05:40:28 pm »

*Ahem*
Hehehe, that made me laugh

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5558 on: July 16, 2016, 08:14:24 pm »

*Ahem*
InB4 someone submits a teddy bear with the Stuff affinity.
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5559 on: July 16, 2016, 08:15:01 pm »

*Ahem*

Hahaha, no. As basic spells (As in stuff you can expect to be able to cast without a ritual), you can get stuff that is sound related, and you can affect minds of those hearing the song.

Otherwise, I'd have to take acount of all that versatility and reduce the power of your spells to the point that they'd do virtually nothing.
But with a ritual?

H4zardZ1

• Bay Watcher
  • Mostly Harmless
    • View Profile
« Reply #5560 on: July 16, 2016, 09:17:33 pm »

*Ahem*
at this point, you might as well make your affinity "Noun"
FTFY
Quote from: Rock
Quote from: Comrade Qwasich
Stop bullying children
I can't
I have to bully children
Sigtext and other things

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5561 on: July 17, 2016, 10:04:33 am »

*Ahem*

But with a ritual?

With a ritual you get magic songs that break reality in increasingly significant ways. However all of your songs will count as AOE, so the effect will be apropriately diluted.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5562 on: July 18, 2016, 06:44:21 pm »

Turn 171

Watch the experiment unfold from a great and probably safe distance.

Conjure myself a cool octarine juice. Drink and relax a bit, waiting for conclusion.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Kahel decided that he was just the right distance away from whatever was happening up ahead in the poison. He was not in a critical condition, which meant that he had time to wait until danger rolled over. A glass of greenish-yellow purple liquid appeared in his hand and Kahel took a sip. Magic surged through him, as octarine melted into his blood. It was a nice feeling. Kahel finished the glass before noticing that there were sparks appearing from his fingertips. The funny feeling was not going away.

{You have gained: 1 affinity free spell. It can be any spell at all, but only one, and your essences can't be used.}

try to find an empty room for myself.

Flare left the council chambers and walked off through the long corridors of the Tower. His was a long walk, until a door seemingly no different from the rest drew his attention. What he found inside was surprising. There was room, not much different from the others, but uniquely, it was furnished. There was a table of flowing purple, as well as a chair and a couple of cabinets. White flower grew in a purple vase on the table. Cabinets contained entirely ordinary, and therefore unexpected, office supplies.

Form 2 more essences, get to a place where I could toss something over the gate.

Cuberac walked back out into the courtyard and turned towards the gates to see if there was a place to fall safely when he was met with something unexpected. Gates to the tower were unlocked and opened, allowing free passage to whoever pleased.

Make...Do I have 2 +1s still on the creating essences thing?  If I do, make 4.  If I don't, make 3.

Ponder the possibility of doing the scrying again and think about what went wrong.

Magus N.A. gathered his power in preparation for his next step while simultaneously thinking about what went wrong with the previous one. He had wandered into some wards meant to deter divination, which meant that the walls were enchanted with something akin to divination magic. He got hurt because the ward was memetic in nature and only worked against wizards that saw it. The wall was not a wizard and thus got away scot-free. As he thought, one of his aether essences leaked out and reacted with his hiding spell. Magus N.A. found himself imprisoned in a cylinder of aether that looked remarkably like a decorative column.

Attempt to sneak into the tower.

Duritarum waited until the flaming skeletons cleared away from the entrance and snuck inside. Noticing the skeletons proved easier than he thought as the light of their flames gave them away even before their steps did. Inside, the halls of amethyst there were three obvious ways forward. Two were dark and the third shifted with lights of various colors indicating a group of flaming skeletons.

Shias hungs his head displaying his disappointment as sacrifices before him crumbled into dust. Not enough power. Nowhere enough. Either he has to find another mage to provide assistance and completely restart the ritual, or he has to change his approach completely. Local druids are too busy, they can't help. And he promised to help them later on. Hmm, maybe after their current problem is dealth with they could combine their forces and save this island together? Maybe.

But for now more preparations are needed. Shias makes 4 essences.

Shias, done with his work, returned his attention to the world around him. He was met with a problem wizards faced so often that some just went on to try and solve it before even encountering it. He needed more power. There were few ways of getting it, some of them even entirely morally sound.

summon solid incompetence,using two +1/+1 essence, then make one essence. If I can, try to find the most tropical looking place and go there.

Clownman conjured himself a block of solid incompetence. Of course, solid was a bit of an overstatement when it came to this creation. It was a blob, amorphous blob that moved like water-filled rubber balloon. Not to be too distracted by this, Clownman began looking for the most tropical looking place around. He had three choices. Swamp, which was appropriately wet and plant filled, geysers, which were wet and warm, and some strange place next to eldritch zone which was appropriately warm and plant filled.

Close the air vents once more. Attempt to carry Eterna, Nihilum, or both out of the poison cloud before the lake explodes. If trying to take both proves too difficult, drop Eterna. If it looks like I won't be able to carry them to safety before the lake explodes, drop them and run.

The "safe zone" where I'm escaping to is the south-west, again.

Chorkinaan, seeing the direness of the situation, enters a flurry of gently commanding everyone around him not to die. For him, it is a force of habit when things get dire; save all he can, wealth and victims alike, and get people to help make that possible.
Everyone! we need to act fast! Those two need an antidote right now, and I can't help them with that! Everyone with a free arm, grab someone and get them out of here! I've got the eternity; I've got a magic trick that'll make it portable! We'll regroup to the west!
Chorkinaan sprints up to the eternity, and sends his magic through it, feeling its density and determining its weight. Then, using the eternity as a power draw, he casts a spell to create a shell of physicality around it, with a handle, which is toughened(enough to hold its load), weighs a bit less than the whole boulder of eternity, and gravitates upwards. If this succeeds, Chorkinaan grabs the handle and runs west to the mountains. If this fails and the eternity is not portable, Chorkinaan cuts his losses and runs. If the weight is miscalculated and the eternity flies upward, Chorkinaan immediately dispels his creation, and runs.
"No one give up we'll all make it through this!"
Give Nihilum and Eterna pills to keep them alive, then help them away from the lake. Keep my shield up to protect us just in case.

If I have the chance cast a healing spell at whoever needs it most.

Run the direction that the rest of Toam is running. Ideally, leave the hex. Behind me, throw the 5 portal knives in a pentagram shape.
Get away from the blast.
Invert the chance of the Eternity taking damage.

Seeing what was happening, mages scattered to all sides, some to save the treasure, some to save their allies and some to save themselves. Gambler was showing uncharacteristical lack of faith in his good fortune and was far ahead of others when it came to making distance between the lake and their persons. It was mostly because he did not bother with trying to help either others or himself(to the loot), though he did throw a spell of protection onto the chunk of Eternity.

James fed a cure-all pill to both Nihilum and Eterna to stabilize them for the time being. He then grabbed Nihilum while Jiksap took Eterna and they both attempted to get away from the blast. Unfortunately, air in the water seemed to not be quite refiled, as where James ran off forward, possibly thinking about how absolutely great was his idea of bulking up and healing Nihilum on the way, Jiksap struggled with his load. He struggled a tad too long as it turned out.

Skeliborn also struggled, not only was he the closest to the mess, he was entangled in a bunch of tentacles. It took precious moments to disentangle himself, and then the disaster was almost upon him. Chorkinaan, just nearby, was struggling to get the Eternity out of the blast zone. Even with the spell being entirely successful, the whole thing still hand considerable mass and it took some effort to get it to move.

Bubles reached the edge of the lake and began intensifying. Gas of some unknown but dangerous composition gathered into thick clouds just above the surface. Then, with a spark of fire that was more magic than physics, the whole thing ignited. Lake burned, the air above it burned, ground around it burned, and the blast wave filled with chaotic thaumic pressure slammed against those who failed to run away in time. Eterna was vaporized almost instantly, while Jiksap, due to his armor survived the blast but was sent flying forward. He was thrown quite a distance, and would had went even further if not for meeting a mountain on the way. He fell on the ground, the front of his armor mangled but without leaks. Same could be said about his body, as water managed to spread out the impact a bit.

Skeliborn was further away from the blast than Jiksap and Eterna, but not quite far enough. His decision to toss the knives proved fortunate, as the portal opened and a pillar of flesh rose just in time to shield him from virtually all of the blast wave. The pillar and three of the knives did not survive. Skeliborn cared little, but the curse acted up again, dimming the joy of survival.

Chorkinaan was also not quite far away enough to get out. In fact, he was closest of all mages to the explosion. As he opened his eyes to express his great surprise that he still had eyes to open, he saw that Eternity with its physicality shell had shielded him from the blast. He was grateful for entire third of a second until the physicality shell dissolved and Eternity ignited. The blast tossed Chorkinaan away, mangling his body and roasting his skin with raw magic.

{Jiksap: Armor loses "armored" and "Thaumic shield" qualities.}
{Chorkinaan has both legs and left arm broken, is burned(END roll for all phys actions) and is undergoing random mutations}
{Dest Eterna is dead}
{Skeliborn is undergoing curse induced Ebola and lightly bleeding from everywhere.}
{Nihilum is swiftly recovering from poison}
{James is having poison induced foreboding cough}
{Of eternity that fell into the lake and started this all, about half remains}

Description(optional):
STR= 0
DEX=0
SPD=0
END=3
POT= 5
Create 3 essence

Portal flashed to life once more and from it entered another mage. Known as Easter Sunday, the humorous name hid a vicious personality and even more vicious powers. Wasps flocked around him, conjured and ruled by his magic, ready to devour flesh and inject deadly poisons. He entered looking innocent enough, but his gaze was allready scanning for his first victim.

Spoiler: Map (click to show/hide)

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 171 Explosive Finalle
« Reply #5563 on: July 18, 2016, 06:46:04 pm »

PM's will be processed tomorow because it is three in the morning and i cant into writing anymore. Sorry guys.

ATHATH, if you decide that you still want music afinity, Ill add you in turn 171

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 171 Explosive Finalle
« Reply #5564 on: July 18, 2016, 06:48:40 pm »

Well that was interesting.

Poke the column.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.
Pages: 1 ... 369 370 [371] 372 373 ... 506