Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should freshly entering mages be given +10/+10 worth of random essences?

Yes
- 19 (46.3%)
No
- 9 (22%)
It should be more than that
- 6 (14.6%)
It should be less than that
- 7 (17.1%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Pages: 1 ... 371 372 [373] 374 375 ... 506

Author Topic: Roll to Magic: Turn 268 The finish line  (Read 1181289 times)

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 171 Explosive Finalle
« Reply #5580 on: July 19, 2016, 01:05:40 pm »

((Homing is necessary. An enchantment that adds power to any arrows fired would be good but not necessary. If you manage to do both, I will pay more. In terms of payment, would you accept shards? You can name a price. I can also pay you with other things, like summoning a giant wasp mount which you can ride on or something. If the bow has any other special properties, like skill/stat enhancements when used, I will also pay more.))

((Homing is something that needs a bit more essence-power than I have on hand, although I can definitely make it given enough time. Tower helps, of course, but that -3 to CMP leaves me pretty prone to a miscast with the knowledge essences I have on hand.

Power for the arrows should be pretty easy in comparison, probably something I'd do while making the bow itself. Would temporarily paralyzing the stuff it hits be all right?

Wasp mount sounds fun, although for a homing modifier I'd honestly want it to have some sort of defining feature. I'm thinking some sort of interesting venom effect (especially if I can get the stuff out and stick it on weapons), but I'm open to other suggestions.

Before we come to any kind of agreement, just know that I'll be busy for a turn or two, then it'd take a while to create the bow itself. Not giving any exact estimates because stuff can happen, but this is definitely a multi-turn project.))

vishdafish

• Bay Watcher
  • Look at me grow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5581 on: July 19, 2016, 01:18:56 pm »

((Sure,I dont mind waiting, just tell me the features you need on the wasp mount and I will also add however many shards you require to even out the deal.))

Gonchon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5582 on: July 19, 2016, 07:54:51 pm »

pick up my new blob and head to the strange place next to the eldritch zone. three essences.
((I laughed when I saw dreamerghost put H4zardZ1's new character as slurg instead of surg))

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5583 on: July 19, 2016, 08:20:39 pm »

"finalle" has only one "L"
         —somebody who cares way too much about this stuff

(poorly-disguised "PM sent" post)

star2wars3

• Bay Watcher
  • Join The Dark Side!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5584 on: July 19, 2016, 10:30:06 pm »

I'd like to join TOAM! If I gather correctly, it's a sort of Wizards' guild which professor Jiksap, whom I've been looking forward to working with, is also a member of. ...I'll talk more when I can walk.
((Welcome aboard))
((Batshit evil, pessimistic neutral and clumsy good cover nearly entire spectrum. Sadly, but optimists are a rare breed, that is currently running into extinction.))
((That tends to happen when you're optimistic enough to wait out the apocalypse. I wish them plenty of luck, but chances are they'll need it.))

ironsnake345

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOMAIN:REFERENCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5585 on: July 19, 2016, 11:30:58 pm »

((Poorly disguised? C'mon, man, don't beat yourself up. That post was wearing the mustache of perfect disguise!))
I think I just retroactively murdered a less lucky version of myself from a parallel universe. Also do I still have a baguette?
Are my memes dank enough for you?
Thanks to the internet-cromancer, my internet has been revived. I'm back, baby!

thegamemaster1234

• Bay Watcher
  • [LINUX_USER]
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 171 Explosive Finale
« Reply #5586 on: July 20, 2016, 10:26:32 pm »

((Oh darn. I've been AFK again. Hey wait, did I manage to NOT miss a turn, despite being out for a week? Huh?? Well, it's OK that there's delays. We've been through those before.))

That was some explosion! And my armor's a bit messed up. No biggie, I've fixed much more complicated things than this... now that the battle's over, should be time to scavenge the battlefield, eh?

Look about the scene, wander a bit. Pick up anything that appears useful, perhaps whatever's left on Eterna's corpse. Also create 3 essences, something which has waited long enough now.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5587 on: July 21, 2016, 01:05:25 am »

Begin patching everyone up with three healing spells. Chorkinaan, Skeliborn, and myself seem to need it the most.
"While I heal you can someone please tell me what this "Eternity" we fought for is?"

Dreamerghost, is it possible to change affinities? Because I want to change my summoning affinity to something else for a few reasons. Perhaps a half refund (5 shards towards a new affinity) is fair?
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

ironsnake345

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOMAIN:REFERENCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5588 on: July 21, 2016, 01:36:35 am »

You mean you don't know? What self-respecting all-powerful wizard doesn't know what Eternity is? You know that big glowing boulder which exploded on me? That's eternity. It was once called magmastone because it literally never stops being hot, but before long people like you and me realized that it's a material used in the tools of gods; it is an infinite source of just about every type of energy there is, and even a small amount is a potent energy source for any invention ever, and one which will never run dry. It's about as valuable as pure adamantine! We happen to have a very LARGE amount of eternity as spoils. Half of it exploded all over me, yes, but the half that didn't is still a significant amount.
I think I just retroactively murdered a less lucky version of myself from a parallel universe. Also do I still have a baguette?
Are my memes dank enough for you?
Thanks to the internet-cromancer, my internet has been revived. I'm back, baby!

H4zardZ1

• Bay Watcher
  • Mostly Harmless
    • View Profile
« Reply #5589 on: July 21, 2016, 04:31:42 am »

((Do my speedy golden throne of gold affinity blew up in the explosion? I can't get that thing yet, but Jigsap might find that thing useful for transportation or for golden machinery.))
3 essences, go Northeast.
Quote from: Rock
Quote from: Comrade Qwasich
Stop bullying children
I can't
I have to bully children
Sigtext and other things

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5590 on: July 21, 2016, 09:47:24 am »

Dreamerghost, is it possible to change affinities? Because I want to change my summoning affinity to something else for a few reasons. Perhaps a half refund (5 shards towards a new affinity) is fair?

Nope. You'll have to either kill people or set out on some pretty legit questing to do that.

((Do my speedy golden throne of gold affinity blew up in the explosion? I can't get that thing yet, but Jigsap might find that thing useful for transportation or for golden machinery.))

*rolls* It's slag. Possibly magical slag but slag nonetheless.
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

XXXXYYYY

• Bay Watcher
  • Been a long time.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5591 on: July 21, 2016, 02:42:29 pm »

If there remains danger, grab what is possible to carry and try to escape -- now is not the time to fight, and doing so would be risky with the current state of affairs.
If there is not, take the time to conduct the basic funeral rites for the fallen, collect the remains of both the beast and the items, and weave a spell to increase the chance of us escaping unmolested.
Oooooooo. I know. ClF3. That should be a fun surprise.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5592 on: July 21, 2016, 07:56:09 pm »

Turn 172

Well that was interesting.

Poke the column.

The column is solid, and entirely airproof. Depending on how well the healing aura works, this could mean either death or hideous torturous pain in near future. Things were not looking good for Magus N.A. if he decided to stay.

"mmmmmm...."

check if the room has been used. if it looks vacant, claim it for myself. and start covering the walls with metal.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

The room appears to be unused, or if it was used, there are no traces left of it. There is no mess of misplaced and forgotten objects of drink spills that would signify that anyone ever lived here. Deciding that it was good enough, Flare began his work on covering the walls with metal. Might look like a prison cell, but at least it will cover the unearthly glow. The trouble appeared when Flare flexed his magical muscles and they responded by encasing his hands in slabs of lead. Between the weight and the surprise Flare fell flat on the ground.

Approach the brighter hallway, and examine the group of skeletons.

Duritarum decided that if he was going to stay here for any extended period of time, it would be really beneficial to learn about the skeletons that wandered here. A group of four was in the corridor, where they seemed to have channeled a ritual that conjured a wisp of purple that disappeared into the floor. The group then separated and two of them turned back to walk the corridor Duritarum had sneaked in. They were just fast enough to notice Duritarum standing there. Both began channeling that appeared to be fireballs in their hands.

{You are fighting Green fire skeleton and Red fire Skeleton.}

"My waspen friends, the time has come to heed your ruler's bidding."

Call all wasps in the nearby vicinity to me, to await further instruction.

Use all essences in the spell and lesser blood power.

Create 2 essence after the spell.

((Im new to this, so please tell me if I make any mistakes with spells/rules))

Easter Sunday conjured a sound akin to a horn that sent the grass reeling around him. Soon, clouds of wasps rose from the grass and began swarming around him. The buzzing that would have sounded menacing to most others as a promise of impending pain was joyous and familiar to Sunday. Then blood magic exacted its price, causing him to fall to the ground as his nerves burned with pain.

Form 2 more essences and leave the tower, going northwest.

Cuberac conjured some more of his power and left the tower. It was a structure that closed and opened its entrance with no warning, and he was going to take this chance to leave it. There might not be another. He went far, almost reaching the snow covered hills.

"As they say, art is an explosion. And James created quite a good one."

Turning attention back to his sparking fingers, Kahel thought of the possible uses for a moment - right before remembering his current state. Surely, raw magic gained from octarine, would make possible a healing spell!

Generic healing spell. Two essences if successful, try to mitigate damage if not.

Kahel wondered about what to do with the newfound power, but was soon interrupted as he moved his hands to inspect them closer and was stopped by pain. This whole terribly injured thing was not in any way wanted and thus the spell he chose was a healing one. Magic surged through his body, calming the mind and clearing away the salt that clogged the mana pathways, interrupting spells.

4 more essences before I dare to do anything about that accumulated power.

Shias continued replenishing his depleted stores of power as he pondered what to do next. There were few possibilities here, however it was better to prepare for them. High density magic was not particularly stable, and any leaks could be absolutely catastrophic.

3 essences, go Northeast.

Surg ignored the chance for some rare insect capture and rushed off northeast. He had a purpose and alchemy was not something important enough to have any place in his mind. He made good time, even though mountains slowed him down somewhat. Before him opened a plain dotted by many small flames. Vents of gas opened here from somewhere deep underneath, burning and heating the surrounding land.

pick up my new blob and head to the strange place next to the eldritch zone. three essences.

Clownman packed up the balloon of incompetence as best as he could, and walked off towards the burning plans near the eldritch fields. He stood on a cliff looking over the fires from a safe distance, noticing that he was not alone overlooking the fires.

That was some explosion! And my armor's a bit messed up. No biggie, I've fixed much more complicated things than this... now that the battle's over, should be time to scavenge the battlefield, eh?

Look about the scene, wander a bit. Pick up anything that appears useful, perhaps whatever's left on Eterna's corpse. Also create 3 essences, something which has waited long enough now.
Begin patching everyone up with three healing spells. Chorkinaan, Skeliborn, and myself seem to need it the most.
"While I heal you can someone please tell me what this "Eternity" we fought for is?"

If there remains danger, grab what is possible to carry and try to escape -- now is not the time to fight, and doing so would be risky with the current state of affairs.
If there is not, take the time to conduct the basic funeral rites for the fallen, collect the remains of both the beast and the items, and weave a spell to increase the chance of us escaping unmolested.

Chorkinaan blinked the blurs out of his eyes, and waited for his head to stop spinning. Finally, groaning in pain, he looked to the cluster of fellow wizards who had survived the blast, and waved with the arm which still had feeling besides intense pain.

Oooooooaaah... Hi, everyone! ...I made it! ...I'm not okay. I have, like, one good limb. ...I think I'm mutating, a little bit. I saved the loot! ...Most of it, anyway. ...I hope you all made it out better than me. ...I'm gonna start patching myself up in a moment! ...owww

I should be out of essences, and living limb/joint replacements are not to be trifled with, so send my magic through my body to feel for where the bones are broken, then create three essences. Watch any mutations which occur, and watch them closely. Also, ascertain where the remaining half of eternity is in comparison to me.

Thank the gods, my bandage is still in place.
Oh my g-d! Oh my [insert bad language here]! It all blew up. Everything blew up!

Still at least everyone survived.
(Quickly does head-count)

Wait a minute. Where's Dest Eternal? Did he... I'm so sorry Eternal. I couldn't prevent your death. I will make sure to make a proper grave for you when all is said and done.

To start, divide Eterna's shards among the remaining members of Toam.

Next up we should deal with the elephant in the room, dividing the eternity. At this point everyone here has played an important role in taking down the Bigholder and protecting each other from harm. Therefore I think that we should divide the Eternity equally among everyone present.
Divide the Eternity equally among everyone here.
Last of all I would like to invite all those who are not currently part of Toam to Toam.

Also make 3 essences.
Jiksap peeled himself off the rocks he was stuck in and shambled back towards where explosion had happened. The place where Eterna had died looked entirely the same as the rest of the charred, half molten landscape, however there was a yellow patch on it. Coming closer, Jiksap decided that this was probably not the place where Eterna had died but where his throne was, which was now a square meter and a bit of gold slag. It would seem that not even soul shards survived the explosion.

James meanwhile was busy tending to the wounded. He was spreading his healing spells out to make sure nobody died while he was focused on some one single person. Chorkinaan's skin regenerated by Jame's magic, but Skeliborn's bleeding refused to be tamed. James himself lost the cough, and began thinking that this was seemingly going quite well. Then he lost consciousness as poison reached the brain.

Gambler looked around the scene. The thaumaturgical explosion left a massive crater of molten rock, possibly magical molten rock, and an even larger ring of completely glassed ground around it. There was nothing of any value left here, with the exception of Eternity. Gambler and Skeliborn split it apart with great care, carving out to each mage a sizable chunk. Not quite a legendary prize as the whole thing would have been, but very useful nonetheless. Skeliborn spread the chunks out to the mages, spreading around his blood and propaganda as he went.

Chorkinaan was having some unique experiences. The spell he weaved to check for broken bones fizzled out, possibly intimidated by the task before it. The wild magic in his body finally settled, possibly moved by the fizzling spell, and attached itself to his bones. The bones began knitting themselves together, moving and changing surrounding muscles as they went. Extra joints appeared on Chorkinaans hands and legs, allowing them to bend in angles unimagined by even masters of yoga.

Spoiler: Map (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 22, 2016, 05:56:49 pm by DreamerGhost »
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 172 Loot and Exploration
« Reply #5593 on: July 21, 2016, 07:57:09 pm »

Sorry gents, I got distracted by internet again. PM's come tomorrow.

Zormod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 172 Loot and Exploration
« Reply #5594 on: July 21, 2016, 08:09:17 pm »

Continue moving northwest, create 2 essences.
Pages: 1 ... 371 372 [373] 374 375 ... 506