Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should freshly entering mages be given +10/+10 worth of random essences?

Yes
- 19 (46.3%)
No
- 9 (22%)
It should be more than that
- 6 (14.6%)
It should be less than that
- 7 (17.1%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Pages: 1 ... 385 386 [387] 388 389 ... 506

Author Topic: Roll to Magic: Turn 268 The finish line  (Read 1163605 times)

Prismatic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 178 Miscasts and Plots
« Reply #5790 on: August 14, 2016, 10:36:29 am »

((More power, eh? Very well.))

Xom has another go at repairing the damaged pyramid, fuelling the spell with the +1/+1 and +1/+2 law essences.
He then proceeds to entertain himself with another game of essence roulette, this time alternating between chaos and law essences.

Gonchon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 177 Merchants of miracles
« Reply #5791 on: August 14, 2016, 01:05:34 pm »

woops, this is the one that wasn't done for turn 178:
four essences, continue on to the island.

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #5792 on: August 14, 2016, 04:49:57 pm »

Still absolutely stupefied by the horrific sight he has seen, Kahel continiously pumped new essences, quite obvious to the fact that most crumbled in mere seconds, some - with unforseen and dangerous results.

Second [Liquid] roulette.

((One last check of my luck before embarking onto inspiration hunt.))
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5793 on: August 14, 2016, 05:24:46 pm »

((You could ask Jase to remove the curse. Just in case you didn't want to risk the Luck roll.))
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #5794 on: August 14, 2016, 05:42:34 pm »

((You could ask Jase to remove the curse. Just in case you didn't want to risk the Luck roll.))
((Thanks for the offer, but I'm quite fine with Artistic block - it is a great excuse to finally go out and start killing. As the game has shown, I'm passably good in random murder and very bad in long-term preparations.))
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 177 Merchants of miracles
« Reply #5795 on: August 14, 2016, 05:58:45 pm »

woops, this is the one that wasn't done for turn 178:
four essences, continue on to the island.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Clownman continued his flight, almost reaching the shore of the island. The island itself was barren, nothing but sand and small stones covered entirety of it. It did not look natural, but then again, neither did a whole lot of other things on this floating Island.

I'm trying to change my daily schedule because going to sleep at 4 in the morning is not a good idea when you need to get up early for lectures. End of summer is still a bit away, but adjusting takes time. What it means for you guys, is that today's update is going to be delayed by 12+ hours. Sorry about that, but I should at least be able to also get PM's done by that time as well.
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

Gonchon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5796 on: August 14, 2016, 06:08:54 pm »

reach and land on the shore of the island and take a look around, four essences.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5797 on: August 14, 2016, 07:32:15 pm »

Make 4 essences while waiting for Viznor.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 178 Misscasts and Plots
« Reply #5798 on: August 15, 2016, 11:09:26 am »

Turn 179

try to sense the metal around me to find the meteor and go to it. if I cant sense it, keep going farther out

Flare reached out towards the fallen meteor with his magic, feeling that it was far away and moving further away still. It had missed the island entirely and was now moving away from it. He moved to the very edge of the Island, but as he looked down he saw only the usual sight of island reflected from above.

Travel over to the mage I can see. (to the east)
3 essences

Skeliborn sneakily advanced forward focusing magic on the way. He saw a plain of stone with numerous cracks in it, and a mage next to one of the cracks with one foot bending in an entirely unnatural way. The mage was seemingly trying to do something to one of the larger holes. Skeliborn was distracted from seeing exactly what as one of his essences failed and bones in his fingers suddenly grew sharp edges. It was painful, but bearable, however, that would only last until he attempted to squeeze something or curl his hand in a fist. This was really not a good time for this.

Start a ritual, using the rabbit bone, skin and wasps in my pocket. Use 2 +1/+2 ess, 1 +1/1 ess and 2 +1 ess. Use GBM as well. The effect is to grow a wasp exoskeleton, with the massive modifier.

Easter selected his sacrificial items and began forging a spell of armoring for himself. Tiny lines, invisible to all but him began drawing around him, lining out the edges of his soon to be chitin suit.

Bothered, Chorkinaan attempts to reset his ankle, then tries the same spell/technique again, targeting a larger section of rock this time. essences: 2 chaotic +1 CMP, 1 chaotic +2 CMP

Come on, now! You're pinned at the bottom of a crack! Won't you just kindly give up and die already?
Don't answer that. We all know the answer.

(This spell: Success, but it was dodged. Next.)
"You know what they say.

But what do they actually do? Oh, i'm confused what to do, so much options...."

PM'd spell.

Chorkinaan firmly griped his leg with one hand, his foot with the other and twisted. With a loud pop, bone moved back into place, leaving Chorkinaan breathing hard from pain but no worse for wear. This quick fix did take a few seconds which were enough time for Surg to cast a spell of his own. Air rippled, and as the ripples passed through Chorkinaan he felt his bones rattle and creak. Soon, he felt dull pain all over his body radiating out from the bones. He had no choice but to wait until this stopped or risk serious damage. He couldn't tell how much damage that did, whatever it was, but he felt that if he took another such attack, there might be some shattering bones.

Summon another heating cube.
Cuberac conjured another cube of heating, this one blue, about a foot across, glowing with pale light and warmth. It did not seem to grow colder as time passed which gave it good chances to last in the freezing chill. The glow was a bit concerning, but if this was all plutonium he would had most likely died before the cube even finished appearing. It was only the shape that made it difficult to use efficiently.

((Every time I try essence roulette it fails after two or three successes...))

North west, where there appears to be two mages loitering around. Continue essence roulette.

Shias returned to the company of his fellow mages after what had felt like forever but was actually only about an hour. He chose to see the new mages first, visiting the entry portal and two mages standing there. One was surrounded by wasps and the other was singing a soundless song and bleeding from where normal people would have ears. Shias began a greeting but then paused and began considering if he really should greet these two. One of them almost certainly wouldn't hear it.

4 more essences, keep looking around the tower

Seva continued wandering around the tower, feeling better with each step. It was not particularly eventful so he took several flights of stairs and ended up on the top floor of the tower. Only half of the room had a roof, the other half was left open and a telescope stood in that side. Stars were clearly visible in the dark sky.

Demoralize the troll with some really sad GBM-boosted music that only it can hear. Make a GBM-boosted essence.
((By the way, is Mista J.'s clone getting up to anything?))

Damond, He Who Is Consistently Not Doing Sufficient Damage To His Foe:

"Accurse it! Why do you no die?"

Damond sends a punch at the troll, but uses the cluster modifier at -2 and GBM to turn it into a flurry of punches.

{Mista J.'s clone has long since evaporated.}

Damond and Troll swung their arms back and struck each other simultaneously with full blows. Damond's fist scattered in the air, striking the troll in dozens of places at once, tenderizing his foe all over. The troll shrugged off the blows, but his own swing did little more to Damond as it almost bounced off his bulging abs. Some distance away, unnoticed by anyone, troll included, Jackson was singing a song of melancholy, unheard.

Continue to the south, making a pair more essences.
Edit:
Oh, and put on the amulet, if it's not already on.

Gambler continued his trek southwards, but stopping before reaching the entrance portal. Three mages stood there and they all looked a bit like trouble, one treant, one surrounded by wasps and the third bleeding from his ears. Those were the kind of signs mages tended to notice after living in to their second decade of practice.

Exploit the heart to siphon the flames from the two burning skeletons and create a pulse of fire for breathing room.

Duritarum attempted to pull the flames off the skeletons, but only succeeded in making an impersonation of mild wind. the flames moved about but stayed attached to the bones. Most of them did, some were flung towards Duritarum causing him to roll again. This time he managed to avoid more of the swords and only got a few extra scratches. But while rolling Duritarum noticed something rather important. The fire in the entrance had burned out, the way out was free.

((More power, eh? Very well.))

Xom has another go at repairing the damaged pyramid, fuelling the spell with the +1/+1 and +1/+2 law essences.
He then proceeds to entertain himself with another game of essence roulette, this time alternating between chaos and law essences.

Xom charged the pyramid further, this time returning several bricks back into the structure. There were only few cracked off pieces left now and the light on the cap was now brighter. Satisfied with result for the moment Xom began focusing power until one of his chaos essences escaped his grip and began making nearby stones try to eat each other.

Still absolutely stupefied by the horrific sight he has seen, Kahel continiously pumped new essences, quite obvious to the fact that most crumbled in mere seconds, some - with unforseen and dangerous results.

Second [Liquid] roulette.

Not wanting to think too much, lest the thoughts bring back the unpleasant memories, Kahel returned to the most basic of magics, focusing essences. It was a task that required concentration and absolutely no real thinking. He stopped when part of a nearby wall melted and was then replaced by the Keeper.

reach and land on the shore of the island and take a look around, four essences.

Clownman landed on the island without incident and looked around. It was all sand and small pebbles, nothing of real notice. Then the pebbles began to move and Clownman cautiously observed the movement. A sand covered slime rose from the ground and cautiously approached the balloon. It bumped into the balloon and quickly rolled backwards. Then, it extended a pseudopod towards the balloon, touched it, and immediately rolled pseudopod back. Was it thinking that the balloon was a fellow slime?

Make 4 essences while waiting for Viznor.

Waiting was boring but this was not to be a long wait. James waited for Viznor to finish remaking his instructions manual into something actually useful, but this shouldn't be a long wait. Minutes from now, he wouldn't need to worry about accidentally self destructing the cube ever again.

Spoiler: Map (click to show/hide)
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 179 Anime battles and time shifts.
« Reply #5799 on: August 15, 2016, 11:11:39 am »

Finally done. PM's will be coming soon.

XXXXYYYY

• Bay Watcher
  • Been a long time.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5800 on: August 15, 2016, 12:05:22 pm »

Just kinda... skirt around them to the tower, then enter and make 3 essences.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2016, 01:43:19 pm by XXXXYYYY »
Oooooooo. I know. ClF3. That should be a fun surprise.

ironsnake345

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOMAIN:REFERENCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5801 on: August 15, 2016, 01:29:02 pm »

Urgh! Damn, you're a dangerous one! I'll have to finish this quickly!

Chorkinaan launches a desperate attack, consuming 4 +1/+1 essences to dislodge a whole pillar from the side of the crack, dropping it onto the painful mage from directly above him. If the mage survives and is able to retaliate, Chorkinaan runs.
I think I just retroactively murdered a less lucky version of myself from a parallel universe. Also do I still have a baguette?
Are my memes dank enough for you?
Thanks to the internet-cromancer, my internet has been revived. I'm back, baby!

Zormod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5802 on: August 15, 2016, 03:05:50 pm »

Head to that tower.

DAPARROT

• Bay Watcher
  • More parrots
    • View Profile
« Reply #5803 on: August 15, 2016, 03:27:06 pm »

((who is that green/grey dot in the swamp?))
I should probably introduce the actual plot soon
7/11 guy, bringer of the apocabeepse. Uplifter of threads. Herald of the hive.

star2wars3

• Bay Watcher
  • Join The Dark Side!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5804 on: August 15, 2016, 03:36:27 pm »

Hey Chorkinan. What's up? Any reason why you're attacking a hole?

Transfer all sharpness caused by the essence collapse last turn into my fingertips so as to make my hand like that of Killua in hunter x hunter.killua
« Last Edit: August 15, 2016, 03:41:33 pm by star2wars3 »
((Batshit evil, pessimistic neutral and clumsy good cover nearly entire spectrum. Sadly, but optimists are a rare breed, that is currently running into extinction.))
((That tends to happen when you're optimistic enough to wait out the apocalypse. I wish them plenty of luck, but chances are they'll need it.))
Pages: 1 ... 385 386 [387] 388 389 ... 506