Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should freshly entering mages be given +10/+10 worth of random essences?

Yes
- 19 (46.3%)
No
- 9 (22%)
It should be more than that
- 6 (14.6%)
It should be less than that
- 7 (17.1%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Pages: 1 ... 386 387 [388] 389 390 ... 506

Author Topic: Roll to Magic: Turn 268 The finish line  (Read 1175167 times)

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 179 Anime battles and time shifts.
« Reply #5805 on: August 15, 2016, 04:04:48 pm »

((who is that green/grey dot in the swamp?))

((That is a gray ring and it represents Damond))
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

ironsnake345

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOMAIN:REFERENCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5806 on: August 15, 2016, 04:25:46 pm »

There's a mage pinned down there who's a lot more dangerous than you'd think on account of his being stuck in a hole and we're trying to murder each other!
I think I just retroactively murdered a less lucky version of myself from a parallel universe. Also do I still have a baguette?
Are my memes dank enough for you?
Thanks to the internet-cromancer, my internet has been revived. I'm back, baby!

vishdafish

• Bay Watcher
  • Look at me grow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5807 on: August 15, 2016, 04:35:49 pm »

Roll for more power, using 4 +1 pot essence.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5808 on: August 15, 2016, 05:02:01 pm »

Damond, Irritated Boxer Mage:

"You're a tough one! But I've got a bit more for you!"

Damond throws a GBM boosted punch... right at the troll's soul.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Gonchon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5809 on: August 15, 2016, 08:40:37 pm »

using 1 +1cmp,  2 1/1 and 3 +1pt essences make myself not incompetent at communicating with other beings, talk to slime if this works.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2016, 09:14:34 pm by Gonchon »

DAPARROT

• Bay Watcher
  • More parrots
    • View Profile
« Reply #5810 on: August 15, 2016, 09:27:44 pm »

Fly to the swamps, directly southwest(straight line of hexes)

make 2 essences
I should probably introduce the actual plot soon
7/11 guy, bringer of the apocabeepse. Uplifter of threads. Herald of the hive.

vishdafish

• Bay Watcher
  • Look at me grow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5811 on: August 15, 2016, 09:44:26 pm »

using 1 +1cmp,  2 1/1 and 3 +1pt essences make myself not incompetent at communicating with other beings, talk to slime if this works.

((Wow, thats pretty clever, never thought of that way of using your affinity.))

H4zardZ1

• Bay Watcher
  • Mostly Harmless
    • View Profile
« Reply #5812 on: August 16, 2016, 07:08:28 am »

(Second Spell: Nearly failed. R- Oh wait. Someone else.)
"I'm sorry, but this is a kill or be killed situation. If i don't kill him, i'm the one who will be killed.

Now if you mind...."

PM'd spell.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2016, 09:05:29 am by H4zardZ1 »
Quote from: Rock
Quote from: Comrade Qwasich
Stop bullying children
I can't
I have to bully children
Sigtext and other things

star2wars3

• Bay Watcher
  • Join The Dark Side!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5813 on: August 16, 2016, 08:03:04 am »

((looks over the ledge briefly))This seems sort of like you just found a mage trapped in a hole and decided to go for some easy shards. I would like to inform you now that if that is the case that it goes against the doctrine of TOAM. We have a strict no random mage murdering policy.

Rather, we support resolving conflicts peacefully when possible.
((Batshit evil, pessimistic neutral and clumsy good cover nearly entire spectrum. Sadly, but optimists are a rare breed, that is currently running into extinction.))
((That tends to happen when you're optimistic enough to wait out the apocalypse. I wish them plenty of luck, but chances are they'll need it.))

H4zardZ1

• Bay Watcher
  • Mostly Harmless
    • View Profile
« Reply #5814 on: August 16, 2016, 09:26:01 am »

((By the way, if you STILL want to kill me, my spell isn't aimed at you, but at the rock you are aiming at.))
Quote from: Rock
Quote from: Comrade Qwasich
Stop bullying children
I can't
I have to bully children
Sigtext and other things

ironsnake345

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5815 on: August 16, 2016, 12:44:14 pm »

No random- Have you all forgotten the point of this place? This is LITERALLY a deathmatch between mages to collect enough shards to achieve divinity! What's the point of going pacifist? Give me a good reason and I'll leave this bastard alone.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2016, 12:46:47 pm by ironsnake345 »
I think I just retroactively murdered a less lucky version of myself from a parallel universe. Also do I still have a baguette?

star2wars3

• Bay Watcher
  • Join The Dark Side!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5816 on: August 16, 2016, 04:48:51 pm »

No random- Have you all forgotten the point of this place? This is LITERALLY a deathmatch between mages to collect enough shards to achieve divinity! What's the point of going pacifist? Give me a good reason and I'll leave this bastard alone.
Very well. I see you haven't thought much into what this game is yet so I'll enlighten you to what I believe to be its inner workings.

As you well know, all of the mages in this tournament come from a variety of worlds and background. All of us came and were told or informed on the basic laws in the tournament. Each mage is worth a minimum of 5 shards and 100 shards grants you immortality.

This basic knowledge has always been a fundamental part of the game and it serves to motivate mages to compete against each other. But the thing is, immortality is a powerful ability, one which not one of us even got close to achieving in our own respective worlds, despite all of us being renowned mages in our own right. What this means is that a higher force must have arranged this tournament. Here in is where the troubles start to emerge.

So far, the most powerful beings within this tournament have been the boss monsters, (bossholder, ice dragon,uber-dragon), the world's themselves, (the duck , a'tuin the turtle, and the platypus I think), and the deities. The boss monsters are of course beatable by groups of mages and higher tear beings such as the worlds. The worlds appear to be killable by extremely high tear boss monsters. I don't believe that the full power of the deities has ever truly been displayed before which leads me to believe that either a deity or an unknown being of even greater strength arranged this tournament.

If we assume that the tournament organizer is more powerful than one of the normal deities then there is then we must not pit each other against ourselves. Rather, we must strive to determine motivation of the organizer.

Gathered here on this land is the largest gathering of archmages in the history of any world. What this means is that if the tournament organizer wished it so, he or she could wipe us all out in a single swipe. Alone, we are about as powerful as a single grain of sand. With the help of more mages we can approach the power level of the mighty Gaia herself.

To put this in terms you may understand better. As a single mage your powers have a very real cap. With the help of many mages working together, this cap can be raised exponentially. With enough mages it should be possible to even create shards safely and efficiently.

So I urge you today. Spare this mage. Do not sacrifice your humanity for a power that can more easily be achieved by working with the rest of mage kind.

And if you need a final reason. No mage has ever survived any odds better than a 1v1 in recent history. Don't be so arrogant as to believe that you would be an exception.

((Typed this all on phone))
« Last Edit: August 16, 2016, 04:53:07 pm by star2wars3 »
((Batshit evil, pessimistic neutral and clumsy good cover nearly entire spectrum. Sadly, but optimists are a rare breed, that is currently running into extinction.))
((That tends to happen when you're optimistic enough to wait out the apocalypse. I wish them plenty of luck, but chances are they'll need it.))

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5817 on: August 16, 2016, 05:01:22 pm »

((For the record, the "tournament" was arranged by a bunch of mages who wanted to keep magical fights and such far away from anything important. Long gone now, as far as I know, but it does speak to what a large group of players could do.

Also, apparently making shards is a really bad idea. Not in and of itself, but I've heard it gets you hunted down by an avatar of reality or something like that. A shame, really, but I guess something that game-breaking was doomed from the start.))

star2wars3

• Bay Watcher
  • Join The Dark Side!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5818 on: August 16, 2016, 05:03:07 pm »

((For the record, the "tournament" was arranged by a bunch of mages who wanted to keep magical fights and such far away from anything important. Long gone now, as far as I know, but it does speak to what a large group of players could do.

Also, apparently making shards is a really bad idea. Not in and of itself, but I've heard it gets you hunted down by an avatar of reality or something like that. A shame, really, but I guess something that game-breaking was doomed from the start.))

((Avatar of Reality= final boss?))

((Also I roll for intimidation and bluff check))
((In any case, I'm too lazy to rewrite my speech))
« Last Edit: August 16, 2016, 05:08:20 pm by star2wars3 »

ironsnake345

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5819 on: August 16, 2016, 05:37:04 pm »

*sigh*
You know what? Skelliborn, is it? You raise a lot of good points.
There could very well be a higher power overseeing, if not controlling, this whole business. Who's to say they'll keep their promise if someone wins?
There has to be something looking over the events taking place here. This deathmatch would be all but impossible otherwise.
Diving headlong for what is assumed to be victory could be disastrous, and there are too many unknowns.
Plus, I'm in no position to go two-against-one, or to lose my alliance with professor Jiksap.
So congratulations, Skelliborn. You've made me change my mind.

Chorkinaan approaches the crack
Hey you! I changed my mind on the whole murdering you thing! Do you accept my mercy?
Pages: 1 ... 386 387 [388] 389 390 ... 506