Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should freshly entering mages be given +10/+10 worth of random essences?

Yes
- 19 (46.3%)
No
- 9 (22%)
It should be more than that
- 6 (14.6%)
It should be less than that
- 7 (17.1%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 506

Author Topic: Roll to Magic: Turn 268 The finish line  (Read 1174873 times)

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 33 Adeptus Recoverus
« Reply #585 on: October 09, 2014, 12:08:26 pm »

Turn 34

CMP [1+2=3]
POT [4+2+2+1+1=10]

The duo of tecpriests shouted outwith surprise as their regenerating flesh violently pushed out all the electronic parts that were in their bodies. Useless, metal hands claws and asorted mysterious boxy electronics fell next to where they stood. But the spell did more than just heal, it reshaped the bodies to a peak physical condition! Both priests were sporting bulging muscles as if they had done nothing but train for last decade. They did not look too happy with the change, as they both roared in anger and charged forward.

Make a summoning essence, then an aether essence.
Head back down and create two force essences.

CMP [3+1=4]
POT [4+1=5]
CMP [3]
POT [1]

CMP [5+1=6]
POT [2+1=3]
CMP [5]
POT [3]

Crimson returned to Jase and they continued to pool their powers. Soon, the world will know how heavy weaponry attacks look like. Very soon.

"Hmm, that's odd... Well, there's always other ways."
Enter to line of sight with shadow mage and cast Shaked, not stirred on him.

Mental spellbook:
Spoiler: Shaked, not stirred (click to show/hide)
"When I will get out... That fool will pay. Dearly!"

Mustering my desire for murder, I try to finally free myself. When I see a vector mage - still his heart and throw normal sword point-first!

SPD [6] vs [5+1=6]

CMP [5]
POT [3+1=4]
END [2]
LUCK [4]

CMP [4]
POT [4]
DEX [5]
END [4]

Aoshi and Whaz met eye to eye for the first time. Within a single moment, they both simultaneously lashed out at eachother. Guide struck out with force at Whaz while shadow mage returned a spell of his own and added a sword as a bonus. Whazs toughened up physicue allowed him to get out with nothing more than a minor nosebleed, while Aoshi fell on his knees cluching his hearth. Just as he fell, sword that was thrown struck him in left shoulder, making any use of left arm all but impossible. As his heartbeat fell to a third of usual frequency, Aoshi, while not quite dead, felt that he was curently uncomfortably close to being so.
{Bleeding, 8 turns (to death)}

Create (-1) an iron(-1) sword.

CMP [6+1-1-1=5]
POT [6+1-1-1=5]

Any conqueror worth his lands owns a decent weapon and Alexander was not going anywhere without such. With a mighty swing of hand, reality tore away to unveil an iron greatsword, intricately decorated with runes, a skull on the hilt and an edge that was serated on one side and jaged on the other. Truly, a weapon worthy to be used by him.

Look around, see if there's anything that stands out

LUCK [4]

Witness looked around to see unlit tunnel continuing to both sides identically. Same voice from the back of his mind informed him that the glove of 117 could be used to improve his eyes so that he could see in the dark.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2014, 12:10:45 pm by DreamerGhost »
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 34 Basilisk effect
« Reply #586 on: October 09, 2014, 12:28:43 pm »

Another summoning essence, then another aether essence.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #587 on: October 09, 2014, 12:35:22 pm »

((NAV turns continue to be amazing. Really, brute (tech)priests?))

"Bet you can't wait for death to come for you. Else, you wouldn't be here", - Whaz stated grimly while looking at the opponent. Vector mage, despite his condition, was still dangerous and very, so very irritating...

Charge forth with my aging sword and hack the fool into dust!
If, somehow,
As I couldn't reach him, I must resort to...magic. Cast death grip once more to crush his heart!

((Freeing myself from rubble if when my best opponent dies would be a great addition.))
« Last Edit: October 09, 2014, 03:23:53 pm by Sarrak »
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #588 on: October 09, 2014, 01:04:55 pm »

"No... Not yet. Off with your head!"

Stand up, stomp gound and swing arm up hard. Transfer vectors from leg and arm to shadow mage's skull.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #589 on: October 09, 2014, 02:14:40 pm »

((NAV turns continue to be amazing. Really, brute (tech)priests?))

"Bet you can't wait for death to come for you. Else, you wouldn't be here", - Whaz stated grimly while looking at the opponent. Vector mage, despite his condition, was still dangerous and very, so very irritating...

If, somehow, I couldn't reach him, but remain alive - cast death grip once more to crush his heart.

((Whaz is yet to dig himself out from under the rubble. He was too bussy trying to kill people to make any progress in freedom of mobility department.))
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #590 on: October 09, 2014, 03:47:48 pm »

"GRUNDAR! DAVID! GET OVER HERE AND HELP ME!"
Summoning magic doesn't create anything. It just teleports it in from somewhere in the multiverse. So summon those two specific hulkpriest's leg bones into my hand. Use two +1/+1 essences.
Then get in my mech.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2014, 05:36:11 pm by NAV »
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #591 on: October 09, 2014, 03:51:46 pm »

Am I in the mech? I posted in my action to get back in the mech.
Stand up, grab the muscletechpriests (who I think are actually standing on the mech), and throw them at the castle.
Then use all my non-chaotic summoning essences to summon a massive adamantine jetpack onto my mech. -5+8=+3 CMP.
Then craft two healing essences.

((Your geting in the mech was interupted by charging hulkpriests. You will need to roll SPD to get in mech before they get you, and I didin't want to start rolling combat before you know that it is happening))

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #592 on: October 09, 2014, 05:36:34 pm »

Okay then.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #593 on: October 10, 2014, 06:22:26 am »

Okay, improve my eyesight and look again
Yep, the sig is here
Whoops. Well, shit. Typical salsacookies.
I don't need my cavities checked. I just went to the dentist! Ba-dum-tiss.
I am a Christian

Crimson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #594 on: October 10, 2014, 08:14:19 am »

Generate a single force essence and using my affinity with the physical realm, I reach out to my surroundings with my mind, using my senses to get a feel of the general form of everything with a physical body around us.

Just testing here.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #595 on: October 11, 2014, 11:58:00 pm »

Continue idling, then walk in a random direction.
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #596 on: October 12, 2014, 01:14:17 pm »

Turn 35

Generate a single force essence and using my affinity with the physical realm, I reach out to my surroundings with my mind, using my senses to get a feel of the general form of everything with a physical body around us.

Just testing here.

CMP [6+1=7]
POT [5+1=6]
CMP [2]
POT [4]

{Did you desecrate a temple of RNGeesus?}
CMP [1+1=2]
POT [1+1=2]
CMP [1]
POT [6]
END [2]

Jase continued meditating, slowly but surely colecting the strenght required to use the obelisks. Crimson had some more experiemental ideas. Using his powers he atempted to create an echo of all that surounded him in an atempt to scan for whatever may lurk in the shadows. He only found ou that he underplaned and overimprovised a second after it was too late. A powerfull shockwave blasted out from every single object surounding him, throwing mage off his feet, making him trash around hiting ground repeatedly. Worst of all, the maelstorm finishedd with an especialy strong shockwave from where Crimson stood when he began the spell. It was just enough to send force manipulator flying into one of the obelisks. For the first time, the obelisks reacted, they considered the impact an attack and retaliated acordingly. Crimson flew off again, this time colapsing on the ground uterly unconcious.

If, somehow,
As I couldn't reach him, I must resort to...magic. Cast death grip once more to crush his heart!

"No... Not yet. Off with your head!"

Stand up, stomp gound and swing arm up hard. Transfer vectors from leg and arm to shadow mage's skull.

SPD [6+1=7] vs [2]

CMP [4]
POT [3]
END [2+1=3]

END [2]
CMP [5]
POT [4]

Whaz was first to move, probably having something to do with the fact that Aoshi was half dead. Another spell reached out to the guide, darkening his vision and slowing his breath. But it was not enough. with a roar of defiance the guide smashed his foot to the ground while raising his arm. The foot landed without a sound. The arm stoped in an instant. Whaz cried out in pain as skin on his head was torn asunder, tiny rivulets of blood tricling down his neck.

"GRUNDAR! DAVID! GET OVER HERE AND HELP ME!"
Summoning magic doesn't create anything. It just teleports it in from somewhere in the multiverse. So summon those two specific hulkpriest's leg bones into my hand. Use two +1/+1 essences.
Then get in my mech.

CMP [2+2+1-3=2]
POT [2+2+1+1-3=3]

SPD [2] vs [1]

With a pull, James called once more on his summoning prowess. Not entirely sucessfuly this time. Instead of desired skeleton pieces, two pairs of pants apeared in his hand, decorated with apropriate symbols of Adeptus mechanikus. Luckily for the mage, duo of priests remained surprised for long enough to allow him to get in the mech safely.

Okay, improve my eyesight and look again

LUCK [5]

117 from the "glove" shot out right into Witness eyes, and started eating away at them. Blinded and sufering immense pain, Witness fell on his knees while his most important sensory organs were destroyed by the temporal virus. As pain finaly subsided, plague mage moved one of his arms away from his eyes to find a wall to lean on. Quite unexpectedly, he noticed that the floor under him was some sort of brown wood. He could see! Even better, the tunnel in which he had fallen into was still boring and symetrica, but it no longer lookedd dark! So what that his eyes now looked like red puffy balls, ultravision was worth it. Wait, how could he know how his eyes looked like? "Not by looking at them, of course. We did not improve them that much. It is a part of the improvement deal we give to our customers. You get to know evrything abaut what we did. Though it would not had been painful or as slow if you agreed to be integrated. Maybe later"

Continue idling, then walk in a random direction.

LUCK [3]

For a conqueror, industrial resourses are a priority. So Alexander started wandering towards the volcano, thinking how hecould exploit it's heat for metalworking industries. So absorbed he was in thought, that a slipery pach of dirt cought him entirely by surprise, making the great mage fall face first. Not a very dignified pose. Hopefuly, nobody saw that.

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 35 Echo of explosion
« Reply #597 on: October 12, 2014, 01:31:18 pm »

"I so fucking hate magic..."

Now, the murderous shadow mage was really pissed off. Never before has he suffered so greatly - both from pain and absolute need to use the magic to counter his opponent...

Finish him. Three times is a charm, right?

((By the way, how soon I will get free if we continue this purely magical duel?))
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #598 on: October 12, 2014, 03:15:28 pm »

"What are you made of?" Aoshi manages to ask.

New better action: Go bashing his head with high speed rocks. Double motion vector as it is about hit the skull.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2014, 12:56:49 am by AoshimaMichio »
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #599 on: October 12, 2014, 03:27:25 pm »

((By the way, how soon I will get free if we continue this purely magical duel?))
((As soon as you decide to dedicate bolded action to diging yourself out. If nobody stops you. And if you roll decently on strength if you plan to use hands instead of sword.))

"What are you made of?" Aoshi asks as he performs spinning kick and transfers the vector to his opponents brain.
((It's like ha has an aura that screws up magic for evryone, including himself.))
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 506