Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should freshly entering mages be given +10/+10 worth of random essences?

Yes
- 19 (46.3%)
No
- 9 (22%)
It should be more than that
- 6 (14.6%)
It should be less than that
- 7 (17.1%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Pages: 1 ... 391 392 [393] 394 395 ... 506

Author Topic: Roll to Magic: Turn 268 The finish line  (Read 1182595 times)

ironsnake345

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOMAIN:REFERENCES]
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 181 Fighting Ghosts and Conjuring Relicts
« Reply #5880 on: August 22, 2016, 01:16:45 pm »

Don't mention it. Hey, your affinity is blades, right? I can control physicality; maybe when this is done we can try and create some sort of blade liquid.
I think I just retroactively murdered a less lucky version of myself from a parallel universe. Also do I still have a baguette?
Are my memes dank enough for you?
Thanks to the internet-cromancer, my internet has been revived. I'm back, baby!

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #5881 on: August 22, 2016, 02:17:58 pm »

It can be. Songbirds, (D&D) 1e Bards (all Bards had to be Druids at some point in their career, and they cast spells from the Druid list), Snow White...

((Not by Shias' standards.))
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5882 on: August 22, 2016, 02:53:20 pm »

It can be. Songbirds, (D&D) 1e Bards (all Bards had to be Druids at some point in their career, and they cast spells from the Druid list), Snow White...

((Not by Shias' standards.))
Then so be it.

DG, how many shards would I (and/or FoU, if he decides to join in) get for killing Shias?
« Last Edit: August 22, 2016, 03:16:14 pm by ATHATH »
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

vishdafish

• Bay Watcher
  • Look at me grow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5883 on: August 22, 2016, 03:50:24 pm »

((5 for the kill, I think.))

star2wars3

• Bay Watcher
  • Join The Dark Side!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5884 on: August 22, 2016, 05:27:49 pm »

Don't mention it. Hey, your affinity is blades, right? I can control physicality; maybe when this is done we can try and create some sort of blade liquid.
Interesting. It would certainly be an experiment to see how that could work. I'd hypothesize that an unprocessed blade liquid might be usable almost like an acid, except with magic and not necessarily being a true acid. This could lead to a variety of applications though. For example, imagine a form of blade liquid which could be used to sharpen a blade. If you think of it, any type of physicality hybrid liquid could be freely moved around and used to more easily forge items by any mage who's magic went into the creation of such a liquid. Indeed, I look forward to working with you towards this endevor.
((Batshit evil, pessimistic neutral and clumsy good cover nearly entire spectrum. Sadly, but optimists are a rare breed, that is currently running into extinction.))
((That tends to happen when you're optimistic enough to wait out the apocalypse. I wish them plenty of luck, but chances are they'll need it.))

ironsnake345

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5885 on: August 22, 2016, 05:58:00 pm »

Interesting. It would certainly be an experiment to see how that could work. I'd hypothesize that an unprocessed blade liquid might be usable almost like an acid, except with magic and not necessarily being a true acid. This could lead to a variety of applications though. For example, imagine a form of blade liquid which could be used to sharpen a blade. If you think of it, any type of physicality hybrid liquid could be freely moved around and used to more easily forge items by any mage who's magic went into the creation of such a liquid. Indeed, I look forward to working with you towards this endevor.
Those are all interesting ideas, and I'd be very interested to try them out. One experiment I've been meaning to try is a fluid which forms a blade when poured from a reservoir; the reservoir could be shaped as a sword's hilt, and then you'd have an instant sword from a very compact, concealable base.
I think I just retroactively murdered a less lucky version of myself from a parallel universe. Also do I still have a baguette?

star2wars3

• Bay Watcher
  • Join The Dark Side!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5886 on: August 22, 2016, 06:22:47 pm »

Those are all interesting ideas, and I'd be very interested to try them out. One experiment I've been meaning to try is a fluid which forms a blade when poured from a reservoir; the reservoir could be shaped as a sword's hilt, and then you'd have an instant sword from a very compact, concealable base.
I have an extension for that which may be interesting. What if we could forge the physicality/blade liquid into whatever shape we wanted even if it wasn't a blade. For example, a set of armor made out solidified blade liquid. This could be a way to expand on what we can not easily do alone as mages and bring our society into a new age of prosperity.
((Batshit evil, pessimistic neutral and clumsy good cover nearly entire spectrum. Sadly, but optimists are a rare breed, that is currently running into extinction.))
((That tends to happen when you're optimistic enough to wait out the apocalypse. I wish them plenty of luck, but chances are they'll need it.))

ironsnake345

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5887 on: August 22, 2016, 06:42:31 pm »

I have an extension for that which may be interesting. What if we could forge the physicality/blade liquid into whatever shape we wanted even if it wasn't a blade. For example, a set of armor made out solidified blade liquid. This could be a way to expand on what we can not easily do alone as mages and bring our society into a new age of prosperity.
That's an amazing idea! And to think I had only considered using such a fluid to make tool handles at first! I think this all has a huge amount of potential and would be a great boon to anyone we'd care to share it with, but for now, I think we'd better get back to this rope before we get TOO sidetracked.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5888 on: August 22, 2016, 06:45:54 pm »

((5 for the kill, I think.))
I think Shias has killed some other people, though, which adds to the shard reward I/we get for killing him.
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5889 on: August 22, 2016, 06:51:00 pm »

((Shias is worth 5 shards))
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5890 on: August 22, 2016, 11:34:07 pm »

"Here you go. Pleasure doing business."
Give the heavy lead containment box to Viznor in exchange for the translated book.

Flip through a few random pages to make sure everything's readable (and makes note of what forms are on those pages), then thank Viznor and head home to the tree.

I'm trying to cut down on the summoning lately, since summoning takes things from someone else (as shown in the techpriest incident which James feels guilty about)... James takes a ring off his finger, solid gold decorated with an emerald, and attempts to enchant it. Enchant it to make sure whatever objects I summon were abandoned and unwanted by anyone else. 5/5 of essences and a lesser blood magic.

The enchantment should probably make summoning more difficult due to the smaller selection. But I can always take it off in emergencies.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2016, 11:38:01 pm by NAV »
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

star2wars3

• Bay Watcher
  • Join The Dark Side!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5891 on: August 23, 2016, 06:24:50 am »

I'm trying to cut down on the summoning lately, since summoning takes things from someone else (as shown in the techpriest incident which James feels guilty about)...
((I wonder if it would be possible to stop relying on magic altogether. For example instead of summoning a sword or magically forging a sword, what if I needed to find unprocessed iron, smelt it into pig iron, and black Smith it into a sword(obviously I oversimplified the process there). For that matter, would it be possible to live in rtm and do everything without ever utilising magic.))

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5892 on: August 23, 2016, 08:20:58 am »

I'm trying to cut down on the summoning lately, since summoning takes things from someone else (as shown in the techpriest incident which James feels guilty about)...
((I wonder if it would be possible to stop relying on magic altogether. For example instead of summoning a sword or magically forging a sword, what if I needed to find unprocessed iron, smelt it into pig iron, and black Smith it into a sword(obviously I oversimplified the process there). For that matter, would it be possible to live in rtm and do everything without ever utilising aether.))
((Now that would be a challenge, one I'm interested in at that. Unless I used [REDACTED].))
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5893 on: August 23, 2016, 09:29:32 am »

Remember what I was doing.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5894 on: August 23, 2016, 09:46:08 am »

Pages: 1 ... 391 392 [393] 394 395 ... 506