Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should freshly entering mages be given +10/+10 worth of random essences?

Yes
- 19 (46.3%)
No
- 9 (22%)
It should be more than that
- 6 (14.6%)
It should be less than that
- 7 (17.1%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 506

Author Topic: Roll to Magic: Turn 268 The finish line  (Read 1163771 times)

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 35 Echo of explosion
« Reply #600 on: October 12, 2014, 03:36:51 pm »

((I think I'll resort to aging instead of attempting something so dangerous as digging myself out.

BTW, Aoshi, spinning kick?! For real? Man, if your mage gets a sudden cardiac arrest, that would be the most unsuitable ending for the fight. Still, quite a hilarious one...))
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #601 on: October 12, 2014, 07:32:33 pm »

Now pick them up with my giant robot hands. And see what type of weaponry this mech has equipped.
And craft 3 more summoning essenses, because I need them.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Crimson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #602 on: October 12, 2014, 09:47:01 pm »

((Damn. And here I hoped that nothing bad would happen. Oh well.))

Wake up. And if I do somehow wake up then keep still for a bit and try to endure the pain.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #603 on: October 12, 2014, 10:10:25 pm »

Jase sighs, watching Crimson rebound off the obelisk. After checking to make sure the force mage was okay, he continues his preparation.

Make sure Crimson is okay, then make a summoning essence and an aether essence.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #604 on: October 13, 2014, 12:54:02 am »

"What are you made of?" Aoshi asks as he performs spinning kick and transfers the vector to his opponents brain.
((It's like ha has an aura that screws up magic for evryone, including himself.))
((Yep. That's why after thinking it over I'll alter my action more physical.
GM, how does being blind effect to spell casting?))

((I think I'll resort to aging instead of attempting something so dangerous as digging myself out.

BTW, Aoshi, spinning kick?! For real? Man, if your mage gets a sudden cardiac arrest, that would be the most unsuitable ending for the fight. Still, quite a hilarious one...))
((Best ideas come when I'm playing half-asleep.))
« Last Edit: October 13, 2014, 12:58:58 am by AoshimaMichio »
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #605 on: October 13, 2014, 05:58:20 am »

((Yep. That's why after thinking it over I'll alter my action more physical.
GM, how does being blind effect to spell casting?))

((You are not blind, you are three quaters dead and half unconcious. Any exertion (double roll of same stat) will proc END roll alongside -1, andif you fail that, it will add another quater of dead to your status. ))
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #606 on: October 13, 2014, 11:54:44 am »

((I know I'm not blind. I just wanted to know how ripping peoples eyeballs out will affect their ability to bend physics. Or is it something I have to try first?))
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #607 on: October 13, 2014, 11:59:46 am »

Whatever. Begin walking to the right hallway
Yep, the sig is here
Whoops. Well, shit. Typical salsacookies.
I don't need my cavities checked. I just went to the dentist! Ba-dum-tiss.
I am a Christian

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #608 on: October 13, 2014, 01:29:09 pm »

((I know I'm not blind. I just wanted to know how ripping peoples eyeballs out will affect their ability to bend physics. Or is it something I have to try first?))

((You'd basicly would roll for LUCK each time you atempted to do anything that usualy involves using eyes, like aiming. Unless you have some supernatural sense))
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #609 on: October 17, 2014, 04:27:54 pm »

Turn 36

Now, the murderous shadow mage was really pissed off. Never before has he suffered so greatly - both from pain and absolute need to use the magic to counter his opponent...

Finish him. Three times is a charm, right?

"What are you made of?" Aoshi manages to ask.

New better action: Go bashing his head with high speed rocks. Double motion vector as it is about hit the skull.

SPD [2+1=3] vs [3]

CMP [4]
POT [4]
END [1+1=2]

CMP [2+1=3]
POT [1+1=2]
STR [6-1=5]

Desperately, with their last dredges of strenght and will Whaz and Aoshi lashed out at each other. Like a wicked coordinated duo of murder, they launched their attacks simultaneously. With all the willpower he could muster through horible pain, Whaz spelled out the words to finish off his oponent. With adrenaline powered muscle, Aoshi struck his oponent with a stone he used as instrument for his spells. In a single moment, Aoshi's heartbeat stoped, his brain shut down, and the great guide was no more. But it was slightly too late for Whaz as well. Just before he died, Aoshi managed to bring down the rock on shadow mages head with enough force to break his arm and completely shater the skull of the oposing mage. Even though Aoshi died first, it would take a miracle to save Whaz.
{Whaz: Bleeding (1 turn to death); Unconcious;}

Now pick them up with my giant robot hands. And see what type of weaponry this mech has equipped.
And craft 3 more summoning essenses, because I need them.

DEX [3]

LUCK [8]
CMP [5+1=6]
POT [1+1+1=3]
CMP [3]
POT [3+1+1-1=4]
CMP [1+1-2=0]

LUCK [1] {Usefullness}
LUCK [8] {Material}
LUCK [7] {Power}

Try as they did, techpriests failed to dodge nimble hands of mech controled by James and became disgruntled immobilized prisoners while James checked on whatever ofensive capabilities the mech had. He was delighted to find several autocanons with full ammo stock and A lazer cannon acting as main gun and connected to main power supply. Almost lazily the healer distiled a few esenses from his mind. Then the fammiliar colapse of collapsing summon screeched around him as a cube of plastic explosives apeared just before him. Triger on the exlosives showed five seconds.

Wake up. And if I do somehow wake up then keep still for a bit and try to endure the pain.
Jase sighs, watching Crimson rebound off the obelisk. After checking to make sure the force mage was okay, he continues his preparation.

Make sure Crimson is okay, then make a summoning essence and an aether essence.

END [5]

CMP [6+1=7]
POT [1+1=2]
CMP [1]
POT [3]

With a groan Crimson came back to the world of awake. His whole body hurt, but if it hurt, it meant that it was still there. More or less. As force mage looked himself over, he noticed that despite now being mostly blue, he was barely red. No serious bleeding. That was good, decided the mage, carefully standing up. His legs were holding up, for now.

Jase, after deducing that his partner was still alive from the fact that he was mooving, continued with his work. Though it came out somewhat unshapely, probably a consequence of surprise still lingering in his thoughts.

Whatever. Begin walking to the right hallway

LUCK [2]
DEX [1]
END [1+1=2]

Witness continued down the halway with ease, now that he could actualy see where he was walking. So carless and asured of success plague bearer was, that the steel spike springing up from the ground stabed through his foot and embed itself into mages groin. Witness fell swearing incoherently. Over the haze of pain that cut him off from the world, mage heard a voice. "We could fix that. Or we could make you new, better legs. What will you chose?"

*Sickness hadnothing to do with unfortunate rolls that happened this turn.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2014, 02:26:45 am by DreamerGhost »

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 36 Murder in wholesale quantities
« Reply #610 on: October 18, 2014, 01:45:35 am »

((I praise you, Aoshi - that was my first failed physical roll! Also, great duel.))

Servant of death lied on the floor, his body shattered and mind - partly on its way to the outer realms. It may be said that he has finally reached his life-long aim in those last moments of life. Through sheer quantity of murder, his magic became a powerful tool of death. Though his body, honed through many endeavors, didn't follow that well. If he would be still conscious, he would undoubtably say:

"How ironic."

But, alas, he was dying, his body shuddering in agony, his hand clutching tight... Incidentally (may I allow myself this small detail) crushing all the shards in it. But what would they do, without correct aim?

((Okay, here we go. Both epilogue in case nothing happens and the only thing except trading with Death that might somehow work.))
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #611 on: October 18, 2014, 02:46:54 am »

((Aww, what waste of shards... You can still save yourself, if you manage to wake up and get healing affinity.))

Here's new test subject.

Name: Ishin
Affinity: Aspect (Taking aspect of things to apply on other things, condensing and switching aspects. Might be a bit cheaty.)
STR=1
DEX=3
SPD=1
END=3
POT=0

Almost forgot the color: Same as before.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2014, 02:49:51 am by AoshimaMichio »
Old sigs.
Games.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #612 on: October 18, 2014, 03:11:46 am »

((Aww, what waste of shards... You can still save yourself, if you manage to wake up and get healing affinity.))

Here's new test subject.

Name: Ishin
Affinity: Aspect (Taking aspect of things to apply on other things, condensing and switching aspects. Might be a bit cheaty.)
STR=1
DEX=3
SPD=1
END=3
POT=0

Almost forgot the color: Same as before.

Could you expand a bit your explanation how Aspecct would work?

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #613 on: October 18, 2014, 09:17:55 am »

Examples:

Take aspect of heat from the air around and condense it into fireball and put it into motion by taking aspect of motion from flick of hand.
Switch aspect of sharpness from sword and apply it into my hand to cut throats with hand chop, but I suppose that would dull the sword.
Or taking aspect of solidity from some hard object and hardening my own skin into natural armor.
Old sigs.
Games.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #614 on: October 18, 2014, 10:37:42 am »

Throw the bomb out the door.
If that fails, enchant the bomb with healing, so it's a healing bomb rather than an explosive bomb.
If that fails, try again.
If that fails, exit the mech hastily.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 506