Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should freshly entering mages be given +10/+10 worth of random essences?

Yes
- 19 (46.3%)
No
- 9 (22%)
It should be more than that
- 6 (14.6%)
It should be less than that
- 7 (17.1%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 506

Author Topic: Roll to Magic: Turn 268 The finish line  (Read 1177938 times)

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 36 Murder in wholesale quantities
« Reply #615 on: October 18, 2014, 11:20:34 am »

Throw the bomb out the door.
If that fails, enchant the bomb with healing, so it's a healing bomb rather than an explosive bomb.
If that fails, try again.
If that fails, exit the mech hastily.

This is not how it works. This is not how it works at all. You can't just do 4 mutualy exclusive actions at once. Pick one.
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #616 on: October 18, 2014, 11:46:24 am »

((Huh, since Whaz is unconcious, he shouldn't be able to crush his shards. Operation: Fortuitous Coincidence is go! I don't know if I have the essences for it, but I'll try.))

Since unclaimed soul shards disappear shortly after death if they haven't bonded to another mage, and they presumably move through a medium of aether, and aether moves in a manner similar to air, I think I'll try something. Create a massive (-3) current of aether attuned to me stretching through the portal and out onto the island, flowing around and eventually returning to me. It's like a vacuum for unclaimed soul shards, since the current should shift the aether around it as well even if it doesn't reach to cover the whole place. Use all my aether essences! (Should be a net +4 CMP after the penalty from massive, and a bunch of +POT)
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #617 on: October 18, 2014, 12:08:17 pm »

((I call blatant meta gaming! But I think Whaz can try force endurance roll to wake up and then he can crush his shards.))
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #618 on: October 18, 2014, 12:20:44 pm »

((I call blatant meta gaming! But I think Whaz can try force endurance roll to wake up and then he can crush his shards.))
((I'm not targetting Whaz or you or anybody. I wanted to do it earlier, but then I got distracted by obelisks. I was kinda hoping to channel the obelisk power into the current so it would kill mages in the way and bring me the shards, but that can always be added later.))

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #619 on: October 18, 2014, 12:35:07 pm »

Throw the bomb out the mech's door. At the same time, enchant the bomb with healing.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #620 on: October 18, 2014, 12:52:51 pm »

((I can see both NAV's and Beirus' plans failing in increadibly amusing ways.))
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #621 on: October 18, 2014, 02:11:32 pm »

((Huh, since Whaz is unconcious, he shouldn't be able to crush his shards. Operation: Fortuitous Coincidence is go! I don't know if I have the essences for it, but I'll try.))
((If he would be conscious, I'd state the aim of shard-crushing. Now it's more like gambling for fun... And for busting some metagaming plans by removing all 16 hard-murdered shards at once.))
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #622 on: October 18, 2014, 02:25:05 pm »

((If he would be conscious, I'd state the aim of shard-crushing. Now it's more like gambling for fun... And for busting some metagaming plans by removing all 16 hard-murdered shards at once.))
((How is it busting my plan? The current I'm setting up will continue to vacuum up any shards from any other deaths that aren't claimed. You know, like the 5 shards that your own soul will make when it leaves your body. I'm just trying to use the occasionally very dangerous magical mishaps to my benefit. Or I'll end up just astral projecting myself in a never ending loop or something.))

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #623 on: October 18, 2014, 04:16:44 pm »

((It wasn't about your plan. More like removing unclaimed treasures from a popular sightseeing place. Oh, and I don't object sharing shard remnants of my elusive magical powers if you succeed. And I die, of course.))
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #624 on: October 18, 2014, 04:24:18 pm »

I probably need a new pair of legs now
Yep, the sig is here
Whoops. Well, shit. Typical salsacookies.
I don't need my cavities checked. I just went to the dentist! Ba-dum-tiss.
I am a Christian

Crimson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #625 on: October 18, 2014, 06:42:21 pm »

((While you guys are busy with that, I'm just gonna rest for a bit.))

Meditate or something like that and try to see if I discovered anything from my initial failure.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2014, 06:46:14 pm by Crimson »

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #626 on: October 19, 2014, 01:21:52 am »

Create(-1) a silver(-1) dagger.
What sort of properties can I give to weapons I create.
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #627 on: October 19, 2014, 03:36:12 am »

Any and all qualities that actual weapons have (or could have).  Magical enchanments are alao available but uspecific enchantment is -1 and specific is -2.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #628 on: October 21, 2014, 03:54:53 pm »

Turn 37

Servant of death lied on the floor, his body shattered and mind - partly on its way to the outer realms. It may be said that he has finally reached his life-long aim in those last moments of life. Through sheer quantity of murder, his magic became a powerful tool of death. Though his body, honed through many endeavors, didn't follow that well. If he would be still conscious, he would undoubtably say:

"How ironic."

But, alas, he was dying, his body shuddering in agony, his hand clutching tight... Incidentally (may I allow myself this small detail) crushing all the shards in it. But what would they do, without correct aim?

((Okay, here we go. Both epilogue in case nothing happens and the only thing except trading with Death that might somehow work.))

LUCK [1]

Whaz releases his final breath, still exatly the same as Aoshi left him, and the castle is empty once more.

Since unclaimed soul shards disappear shortly after death if they haven't bonded to another mage, and they presumably move through a medium of aether, and aether moves in a manner similar to air, I think I'll try something. Create a massive (-3) current of aether attuned to me stretching through the portal and out onto the island, flowing around and eventually returning to me. It's like a vacuum for unclaimed soul shards, since the current should shift the aether around it as well even if it doesn't reach to cover the whole place. Use all my aether essences! (Should be a net +4 CMP after the penalty from massive, and a bunch of +POT)

CMP [6+4+2+1-3-1-1=8]
POT [2+4+2=8]

Jase began weaving his greatest spell yet. Bound by his power, curents of aether, neutral for ages started moving with purpose enforced. More and more streaks of thiss wondrous substance were drawn in by the magic. Just as the size of the vortex increased to the point where it threatened to interfere with the obelisks, jase released it towards the portal. It would continue gathering energy until reaching the waypoint betwen worlds and emerge on the island fully formed.

Throw the bomb out the mech's door. At the same time, enchant the bomb with healing.

SPD [6]
CMP [4]
POT [1]

James knew he had to move fast. Firmly grabing the explosives with his right hand,  mage spun his seat with his lefft and jumped towards the door. Dor was violently torn open and explosives thrown downwards. The timer might have been not seconds but some alien, slightly longer units of time, as the bomb managed to fall all the way down to the mechs leg, damaging it a bit as the igniter activated. Wether the healing spell worked or not, the destructive quality remained unchanged.

I probably need a new pair of legs now

LUCK [5]
END [2]

Once more the virus from the glove reached out, this time to reconstruct leg of its host. The work was significantly longer and somewhat even more painful than the remaking of eyes. Witness was reduced to a screaming and sobing pile on the ground by the experience, though his leg was completely restored.

Meditate or something like that and try to see if I discovered anything from my initial failure.

LUCK [9]

Crimson decided that meditation on his recent failure would do well to distract from consequences of said failure. The echos of force that downed him so nicely were realy simmilar to explosions. In fact, exactly like explosions. And just as inefective at killing. Yet being able to experience all the twists and angles firsthand was somewhat enlightening on how exatly they work.
{Knowlege of explosions gained. +1 to all explosion spels}

CMP [4+1-2=3]
POT [5-2=3]

Alexander pulled out another weapon from the void. The silver dagger was somewhat dull and small, yet it was easy to conceal and no less deadly to fae creatures. Those have just as high chance of apearing as his competitors in a land as magic as this.

Ishin the chameleon entered through the gate. There were some who made fun of his name. They usualy found their bones losing solidness, their blood loosing capability to transfer oxygen and various other things losing just as vitaly important functions. Beware, the shaper walks.

Aether vortex

A 1 hex sized anomaly that drains energies moving through aether in its vicinity and grows in power. This includes unclaimed shards, disapearing souls (suicides), unclaimed magical artifacts and other such objects.

It moves 1 hex each turn in a random direction.

When under the vortexs influence, following effects for mages also apply:
Loss of 1 shard/turn
Decrease of all spells cast by 1POT

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 37 To mark the land
« Reply #629 on: October 21, 2014, 04:04:53 pm »

Craft 2 aether essences. I'll need power for when I eventually have to go Pecos Bill and wrangle that aether twister to get the power from it.
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 506