Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should freshly entering mages be given +10/+10 worth of random essences?

Yes
- 19 (46.3%)
No
- 9 (22%)
It should be more than that
- 6 (14.6%)
It should be less than that
- 7 (17.1%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Pages: 1 ... 410 411 [412] 413 414 ... 506

Author Topic: Roll to Magic: Turn 268 The finish line  (Read 1181184 times)

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 189 Fresh meat and Fresh mist
« Reply #6165 on: September 23, 2016, 04:43:13 pm »

((You forget it's probably ATHATH's new character and if the mage does have a fire affinity, it's part of some probably overly convoluted scheme to harness the portal to the Plane of Elemental Fire that was created at the end of the fight.))
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Zormod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6166 on: September 23, 2016, 05:36:02 pm »

Consume some of that cube and take a closer look around the tower.

star2wars3

• Bay Watcher
  • Join The Dark Side!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6167 on: September 23, 2016, 05:46:32 pm »

((You forget it's probably ATHATH's new character and if the mage does have a fire affinity, it's part of some probably overly convoluted scheme to harness the portal to the Plane of Elemental Fire that was created at the end of the fight.))
((Lets hope not. I already have plans to use the fire portal to fuel the energy needs of a flying city. That being said, I'd like to send out a request to any all mages who aren't aligned with the forces of evil who would like to help with the ritual to make the flying fortress/have access to it once created to join TOAM and help us make the Utopian Paradise.))
((Batshit evil, pessimistic neutral and clumsy good cover nearly entire spectrum. Sadly, but optimists are a rare breed, that is currently running into extinction.))
((That tends to happen when you're optimistic enough to wait out the apocalypse. I wish them plenty of luck, but chances are they'll need it.))

ironsnake345

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOMAIN:REFERENCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6168 on: September 23, 2016, 10:36:18 pm »

Chorkinaan's mage senses were tingling. Somewhere close, somebody was hatching a plan. A beautiful, glorious plan, the kind all lesser magi strive to achieve, but only an entire guild of those as powerful as himself could pull off. And here he was, admitted into such a guild, all of them dedicated to the only thing chorkinaan held in equal regard to finally achieving divinity. The one true form, indeed the very purest and most powerful form of knowledge.

!!SCIENCE!!

Chorkinaan would get involved. He must! But for now, he had to work on some sacrifices...

3 essences, explore the tower in search of some metal or someone who could provide metal.
I think I just retroactively murdered a less lucky version of myself from a parallel universe. Also do I still have a baguette?
Are my memes dank enough for you?
Thanks to the internet-cromancer, my internet has been revived. I'm back, baby!

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6169 on: September 24, 2016, 10:28:36 pm »

((Sorry, but I can't help but to be sarcastic. FIRE. Of all inherently dangerous things not to be messed with, you picked up FIRE.

We had three Fire mages and one Fire NPC. All of them died horribly.
We also had two Heat mages. Both are already dead.
We still have one Temperature mage, who is still here by the virtue of using cold instead of fire whenever possible.

To sum up: good luck, the brave one!))
It was thematic, okay? Besides, fire elementalists can do some non-destructive things too, like doing things that have to do with burning passions/desires, heating machines, causing storms, etc. What can antimatter do other than power or blow up stuff?

Besides, I have a plan.

You know me too well, Beirus. Therefore, you must be rendered unto ash (or enslaved) in the name of our fire elemental masters.

"I hereby claim this land in the name of the Empire of the Eternal Sun. Terraforming will begin shortly. I recommend that anyone who does not want to slowly melt and eventually boil should prepare themselves for the coming heat or leave the metaphorical kitchen."

Begin the terraforming ritual, which will be pm'd to DG soon.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2016, 12:10:18 am by ATHATH »
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

H4zardZ1

• Bay Watcher
  • Mostly Harmless
    • View Profile
« Reply #6170 on: September 24, 2016, 10:45:45 pm »

Time's running up for me....

2 Essences.
Quote from: Rock
Quote from: Comrade Qwasich
Stop bullying children
I can't
I have to bully children
Sigtext and other things

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6171 on: September 24, 2016, 11:15:32 pm »

DG, I'm considering changing my character's name to "Karnax the Harbinger", since I changed the concept that I had for him in my head between submitting his character sheet and the turn that he arrived in. May I?
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

Gonchon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6172 on: September 24, 2016, 11:56:59 pm »

make four essences, enter the tunnel.

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6173 on: September 25, 2016, 12:10:30 am »

((OK, got to do that deal with Ilium ASAP now. Because ATHATH. PMing Atomic Chicken and Beirus the details before we start, just so we can work any kinks out beforehand.))

((By the by, anyone who tries to kill ATHATH before the ritual completes gets a session with my yes/no and solid knowledge books. And he's basically trying to turn spawn into an inferno, so yeah.))

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #6174 on: September 25, 2016, 02:39:59 am »

((OK, got to do that deal with Ilium ASAP now. Because ATHATH. PMing Atomic Chicken and Beirus the details before we start, just so we can work any kinks out beforehand.))

((By the by, anyone who tries to kill ATHATH before the ritual completes gets a session with my yes/no and solid knowledge books. And he's basically trying to turn spawn into an inferno, so yeah.))
And terraforming goes against Shias' beliefs.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6175 on: September 25, 2016, 11:54:30 am »

Shouldn't you be safe in the spawn hex and the tower, due to the antimagic wards of the former and the temperature regulation of the latter?

Also, as an opposing offer: Anyone who helps me cast/defend the ritual and doesn't betray me will get a free wish from an efreeti and/or myself.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2016, 12:04:40 pm by ATHATH »

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6176 on: September 25, 2016, 11:58:27 am »

Shouldn't you be safe in the spawn hex and the tower, due to the antimagic wards of the former and the temperature regulation of the latter?

((Yes. But I don't really want any hex around here turned into solid star, and god only knows what you try after that.))

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6177 on: September 25, 2016, 12:03:21 pm »

((Yes. But I don't really want any hex around here turned into solid star, and god only knows what you try after that.))
Eh, I'll probably stop at around twice the boiling point of water.

Also, I added an opposing offer to my previous post that you might not have seen.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2016, 12:05:15 pm by ATHATH »

vishdafish

• Bay Watcher
  • Look at me grow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6178 on: September 25, 2016, 12:07:11 pm »

Also, as a counter-offer: Anyone who helps me cast/defend the ritual will get a free wish from an efreeti and/or myself.

((Sounds interesting, will think about your offer. The fact that your characters die so much and that I would be attracting hate from most players kinda does put me off tho.))

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6179 on: September 25, 2016, 12:11:36 pm »

Eh, I'll probably stop at around twice the boiling point of water.

Also, I added an opposing offer to my previous post that you may not have seen.

((Even so.

As for the counter-offer, do you really expect people to believe that you'll follow through on that? Summoning an Efreet is not a piece of cake, and knowing you, I think you'd rather take a shorter path to power. They'd sooner get boiled for shards.

Beyond that, D&D is not law here, as you saw with the Uberdragon's inability to cast wish, and there's no telling how something that powerful could be nerfed.))
Pages: 1 ... 410 411 [412] 413 414 ... 506