Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should freshly entering mages be given +10/+10 worth of random essences?

Yes
- 19 (46.3%)
No
- 9 (22%)
It should be more than that
- 6 (14.6%)
It should be less than that
- 7 (17.1%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 506

Author Topic: Roll to Magic: Turn 268 The finish line  (Read 1179802 times)

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 37 To mark the land
« Reply #630 on: October 21, 2014, 04:15:11 pm »

That bomb damaged my mechs adamatine armour? What was in it, chlorine trifluoride?

Summon a massive adamantine jetpack onto my mech, using 8 +1/+1 essences. +8+1-5=+4 cmp.
Then create a healing essence.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #631 on: October 21, 2014, 04:16:03 pm »

That bomb damaged my mechs adamatine armour? What was in it, chlorine trifluoride?

Summon a massive adamantine jetpack onto my mech, using 8 +1/+1 essences. +8+1-5=+4 cmp.

You did roll a 9 on power for the bomb.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #632 on: October 22, 2014, 12:21:40 am »

((Oh well. Whaz had really bad luck with saving things... Opposite to killing them.))

With the unharmed soul of an aspiring murder god passed to the other world, devoid of all unncecessary magical complications, a new mage emerges from portal...

Name: Kahel the Changer
Affinity: Temperature (could be changed locally - lower it, pump it up... Much easier to do with proper surroundings.)
Description: An enigmatic middle-aged man with short dark hair that he usually hides under the hood of his extravagant orange golden-tinted robes. He has a lean body, more suited for a runner than for a warrior. Not that it should matter when one can use magic, of course!
STR=0
DEX=0
SPD=4
END=1
POT=3
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #633 on: October 22, 2014, 01:22:30 pm »

((Kahel seems like nice source of fuel for fireballs. And other things, if used properly.))

Spend 5 shards for random stat. Go west to center of the forest. Observe my surroundings and enviroment in great detail where ever I am at end of turn.
Oh, and two essences.
Cannot go anywhere without those.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Crimson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #634 on: October 23, 2014, 12:28:20 am »

While I'm resting, create two force essences.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #635 on: October 26, 2014, 05:58:24 am »

Thought I was somewhat late to do a turn and thus should hurry. Then I noticed that both Salsacoockies and BlitzDungeoner have yet to post.
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #636 on: October 26, 2014, 10:19:58 am »

Try to walk. If I can, continue forward. Make an essence along the way
Yep, the sig is here
Whoops. Well, shit. Typical salsacookies.
I don't need my cavities checked. I just went to the dentist! Ba-dum-tiss.
I am a Christian

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #637 on: October 26, 2014, 03:08:23 pm »

Turn 38

Craft 2 aether essences. I'll need power for when I eventually have to go Pecos Bill and wrangle that aether twister to get the power from it.

CMP [4+1=5]
POT [3+1=4]
CMP [3]
POT [2]

Among his many great character qualities, Jase had one that helped him more than all others combined. Lack of optimism. That storm would not diferenciate between it's creator and another mage in it's path. Power will need to be taken back by force. What does this mean for the obelisk's plan remains to be seen.

CMP [1+8+1-3-2=5]
POT [2+8+1+1=12]

Mabye it was casing from inside adamantine confinement, mabye it was the shampagne, mabye it was some other, entirely unrelated thing, but the spell that James utered was a complete failure. Copious esenses used in the making of such spell saved it from failing completely, but the results were still far from ideal. Possibly not even aceptable. On the shore of the lake, great number of adamantine parts apeared, surounded by cranes, welders, blueprints, boxes of various tools and all maner of other things one would need to asemble a jetpack. It lacked workers of any kind though.

Spend 5 shards for random stat. Go west to center of the forest. Observe my surroundings and enviroment in great detail where ever I am at end of turn.
Oh, and two essences.
Cannot go anywhere without those.

LUCK [4] = END
SPD [(3)/2+1=2.5]
LUCK [2]

After crushing his shards, Isin felt a surge of strenght as his physicue grew slightly. Feeling both tougher in body and stronger in punching, aspect mage marched towards the forest. His stride, despite difficult terain brought him almost to the heart of the forest. It was around then, when a bear noticed energetic mage and took offence to his gleefull stride.

While I'm resting, create two force essences.

CMP [1+1=2]
POT [4+1=5]
CMP [5]
POT [5]

Crimson continued his rest and opted to create a few more esenses while he was at it.

Try to walk. If I can, continue forward. Make an essence along the way

LUCK [10]
CMP [3+1=4]
POT [1+1=2]

Witness carefully tried out his new leg. It seemed to be good enough to stand on, though the memory of repair still made mage wince. Yet the trip proved to be short and prise great. Tunnel ended with an pedestal on which floated a single crystal shimering with grey an red. It did not look dangerous, but Witness made another essense just as a precaution.
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 38 Don't feed the bears
« Reply #638 on: October 26, 2014, 04:09:49 pm »

"Seems like I ended quite far from the glacier I intended to go to..."

Not one to ponder on such slight mishaps, Kahel carefully observed his surroundings. Then, feeling slightly underpowered, he created three frosty essences.
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #639 on: October 26, 2014, 10:01:51 pm »

James curses to himself. Then speaks through his mech's external speakers to the priests.
"Surrender and I will let you live. I will help you if you help me, I can summon anything you want. You don't have any other options."
Try to recruit the priests.
Also craft two healing essences.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #640 on: October 27, 2014, 01:14:09 pm »

"Heh, foolish bear." Ishin grins.

Take aspect of Voice from the bear to myself and let out fearsome roar.
If that doesn't scare it away: condense aspect of Light all around us into a flashbang between me and the bear while shielding my eyes.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #641 on: October 27, 2014, 01:15:19 pm »

Two more aether essences.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Crimson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #642 on: October 28, 2014, 09:52:55 am »

Another two force essences.

XXXXYYYY

• Bay Watcher
  • Been a long time.
    • View Profile
« Reply #643 on: October 31, 2014, 05:13:27 pm »

((Is this still accepting waitlist apps?))
Oooooooo. I know. ClF3. That should be a fun surprise.

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #644 on: October 31, 2014, 05:26:30 pm »

The crystal is mine. Take it
Yep, the sig is here
Whoops. Well, shit. Typical salsacookies.
I don't need my cavities checked. I just went to the dentist! Ba-dum-tiss.
I am a Christian
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 506