Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should freshly entering mages be given +10/+10 worth of random essences?

Yes
- 19 (46.3%)
No
- 9 (22%)
It should be more than that
- 6 (14.6%)
It should be less than that
- 7 (17.1%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Pages: 1 ... 426 427 [428] 429 430 ... 506

Author Topic: Roll to Magic: Turn 268 The finish line  (Read 1183007 times)

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 197 Fresh Spring air
« Reply #6405 on: October 23, 2016, 05:12:15 pm »

Three more essences.

Can I have a count of my essences, anyway?
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

XXXXYYYY

• Bay Watcher
  • Been a long time.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6406 on: October 23, 2016, 05:45:59 pm »

((That chair is the real MVP of this game, I swear.))
Grab the set and orb and get out. Weave a quick self-enchantment to decrease the chance of harm due to environmental or area effects, using a 2 +1/+1, one 1/+2, and a Chaotic +2/+1 essence.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2016, 01:40:57 pm by XXXXYYYY »
Oooooooo. I know. ClF3. That should be a fun surprise.

Zormod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6407 on: October 23, 2016, 06:24:44 pm »

Move to Blake.

Mallos

• Bay Watcher
  • sick and tired of being sick and tired
    • View Profile
« Reply #6408 on: October 23, 2016, 06:49:30 pm »

"I assume that wasn't exactly far enough, Karnax? Don't worry, I'll fix it in a moment, just let me calculate a few things."

Two essences.
Gone. Departed. Headed off toward greener pastures.

star2wars3

• Bay Watcher
  • Join The Dark Side!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6409 on: October 23, 2016, 07:26:16 pm »

Three more essences.

Can I have a count of my essences, anyway?

((I hope this helps. There is also a link to this in the first post))
They are in the spreadsheet within the character page
((Batshit evil, pessimistic neutral and clumsy good cover nearly entire spectrum. Sadly, but optimists are a rare breed, that is currently running into extinction.))
((That tends to happen when you're optimistic enough to wait out the apocalypse. I wish them plenty of luck, but chances are they'll need it.))

ironsnake345

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOMAIN:REFERENCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6410 on: October 23, 2016, 10:00:29 pm »

*sniff* What's that smell?
I think I just retroactively murdered a less lucky version of myself from a parallel universe. Also do I still have a baguette?
Are my memes dank enough for you?
Thanks to the internet-cromancer, my internet has been revived. I'm back, baby!

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #6411 on: October 23, 2016, 11:49:18 pm »

((That, my friend, is smell of victory. Assuming it works, of course.))

Locate first affected "victim" and drop seed of friendship into their mouth. If tower defenses are preventing that, then "save" them by dragging them outside and trying again.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

ironsnake345

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOMAIN:REFERENCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6412 on: October 24, 2016, 12:29:32 am »

I've got a bad feeling about this. According to my sixth sense for mockery, somebody responded to my saying "what's that smell" with a statement of "the smell of victory." I'm going to try something, but if it doesn't work, we'd better clear out. Hopefully we can find this forge again after the situation blows over.

There's a dangerous dust in the air. Attempt to take hold of the pollen/spores/dust and increase the material weight of the specks making up the cloud so that they harmlessly settle down away from Skelliborn and my breathing orifices. Essences used: 2 chaotic +1/+1, 1 chaotic +2/+1, 1 regular +1 cmp, 1 regular +1 pot. If this succeeds and the air in the room (and out from the room enough that the room won't immediately become dangerous again) becomes safe to breathe, seal the entrance airtight by creating a single solid block of generic physicality material which covers all the cracks, using a chaotic +2/+1 essence. If the plan fails, grab Skelliborn, grumble under my breath about having to leave the perfect casting environment, and GTFO the tower.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2016, 01:01:32 am by ironsnake345 »
I think I just retroactively murdered a less lucky version of myself from a parallel universe. Also do I still have a baguette?
Are my memes dank enough for you?
Thanks to the internet-cromancer, my internet has been revived. I'm back, baby!

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #6413 on: October 24, 2016, 02:01:52 am »

((If you can smell it, it's already too late for you. But then again it has been a while since this system was installed so it may or may not work as intented. We'll see.))
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6414 on: October 24, 2016, 08:29:41 am »

((... oh wow. Jace isn't going to be happy.))

((Do remember what happened with boozemage.))

"Heh! My diabolicalness sense is tingling. I think somebody just pulled something utterly DIABOLICAL! If I ever meet him, I'll have to give him a diabolical pat on the back, then turn him into one of my diabolical robot henchmen. Now then. Time to... perhaps this isn't the best place to start building a diabolical lair."

Doktor Diabolical gets moving. First, he attempts to summon a robotic bicycle using a +1/+1 essence, if available. If that works, he uses it for his next step. If it doesn't work, he has his mini-bots take the result apart. Afterwards: he heads northwest, then southwest, one hex each. And he makes two essences, if possible. He also makes sure his minions follow him.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

vishdafish

• Bay Watcher
  • Look at me grow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6415 on: October 24, 2016, 11:17:12 am »

((Ao's luck rolls tho!))

star2wars3

• Bay Watcher
  • Join The Dark Side!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6416 on: October 24, 2016, 01:36:50 pm »

I've got a bad feeling about this. According to my sixth sense for mockery, somebody responded to my saying "what's that smell" with a statement of "the smell of victory." I'm going to try something, but if it doesn't work, we'd better clear out. Hopefully we can find this forge again after the situation blows over.

There's a dangerous dust in the air. Attempt to take hold of the pollen/spores/dust and increase the material weight of the specks making up the cloud so that they harmlessly settle down away from Skelliborn and my breathing orifices. Essences used: 2 chaotic +1/+1, 1 chaotic +2/+1, 1 regular +1 cmp, 1 regular +1 pot. If this succeeds and the air in the room (and out from the room enough that the room won't immediately become dangerous again) becomes safe to breathe, seal the entrance airtight by creating a single solid block of generic physicality material which covers all the cracks, using a chaotic +2/+1 essence. If the plan fails, grab Skelliborn, grumble under my breath about having to leave the perfect casting environment, and GTFO the tower.
Assist the spell:
Essence usage:
5 Blade essences +1/+1
((Batshit evil, pessimistic neutral and clumsy good cover nearly entire spectrum. Sadly, but optimists are a rare breed, that is currently running into extinction.))
((That tends to happen when you're optimistic enough to wait out the apocalypse. I wish them plenty of luck, but chances are they'll need it.))

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #6417 on: October 24, 2016, 02:05:01 pm »

"Luck is on my side, it seems... But one shall never play with it blindly for a long time."

Prepare for the spell.

"Let the descent into nothingness begin. To see if Abyss truly stares back."
« Last Edit: October 24, 2016, 02:17:33 pm by Sarrak »
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

DAPARROT

• Bay Watcher
  • More parrots
    • View Profile
« Reply #6418 on: October 24, 2016, 07:12:22 pm »

Switch back to phoenix form, then breath fire on Easter and try to pin him to the ground
I should probably introduce the actual plot soon
7/11 guy, bringer of the apocabeepse. Uplifter of threads. Herald of the hive.

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
  • You are doomed, doomed, I tell you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6419 on: October 24, 2016, 08:36:04 pm »

Fire a bolt of fire at the sheet. I'll have its secrets!
« Last Edit: October 26, 2016, 07:34:56 pm by BlackHeartKabal »
Pages: 1 ... 426 427 [428] 429 430 ... 506