Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should freshly entering mages be given +10/+10 worth of random essences?

Yes
- 19 (46.3%)
No
- 9 (22%)
It should be more than that
- 6 (14.6%)
It should be less than that
- 7 (17.1%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Pages: 1 ... 427 428 [429] 430 431 ... 506

Author Topic: Roll to Magic: Turn 268 The finish line  (Read 1179483 times)

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 197 Fresh Spring air
« Reply #6420 on: October 25, 2016, 02:42:45 am »

Fire a bolt of fire at the sheet. I'll have its secrets!

{I believe there is some miscommunication here. You can read the scrolls, provided you do so out loud and read the entire scroll. It's like spell scrolls. But not written by wizards. And the magic might not be magic. And the spells are too violent to be written on anything weaker than lead.}
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

ironsnake345

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOMAIN:REFERENCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6421 on: October 25, 2016, 01:25:02 pm »

I've got a bad feeling about this. According to my sixth sense for mockery, somebody responded to my saying "what's that smell" with a statement of "the smell of victory." I'm going to try something, but if it doesn't work, we'd better clear out. Hopefully we can find this forge again after the situation blows over.

There's a dangerous dust in the air. Attempt to take hold of the pollen/spores/dust and increase the material weight of the specks making up the cloud so that they harmlessly settle down away from Skelliborn and my breathing orifices. Essences used: 2 chaotic +1/+1, 1 chaotic +2/+1, 1 regular +1 cmp, 1 regular +1 pot. If this succeeds and the air in the room (and out from the room enough that the room won't immediately become dangerous again) becomes safe to breathe, seal the entrance airtight by creating a single solid block of generic physicality material which covers all the cracks, using a chaotic +2/+1 essence. If the plan fails, grab Skelliborn, grumble under my breath about having to leave the perfect casting environment, and GTFO the tower.
Assist the spell:
Essence usage:
5 Blade essences +1/+1

((pardon me, but how are you going to use blades to assist the spell?))
I think I just retroactively murdered a less lucky version of myself from a parallel universe. Also do I still have a baguette?
Are my memes dank enough for you?
Thanks to the internet-cromancer, my internet has been revived. I'm back, baby!

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6422 on: October 25, 2016, 01:36:03 pm »

I've got a bad feeling about this. According to my sixth sense for mockery, somebody responded to my saying "what's that smell" with a statement of "the smell of victory." I'm going to try something, but if it doesn't work, we'd better clear out. Hopefully we can find this forge again after the situation blows over.

There's a dangerous dust in the air. Attempt to take hold of the pollen/spores/dust and increase the material weight of the specks making up the cloud so that they harmlessly settle down away from Skelliborn and my breathing orifices. Essences used: 2 chaotic +1/+1, 1 chaotic +2/+1, 1 regular +1 cmp, 1 regular +1 pot. If this succeeds and the air in the room (and out from the room enough that the room won't immediately become dangerous again) becomes safe to breathe, seal the entrance airtight by creating a single solid block of generic physicality material which covers all the cracks, using a chaotic +2/+1 essence. If the plan fails, grab Skelliborn, grumble under my breath about having to leave the perfect casting environment, and GTFO the tower.
Assist the spell:
Essence usage:
5 Blade essences +1/+1

((pardon me, but how are you going to use blades to assist the spell?))

((Anyone can give a raw power boost, regardless of affinity.))

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6423 on: October 25, 2016, 01:37:58 pm »

You can cast a spell in combination with another mage. This will allow usage of both afinities, possibly reducing complexity penalty, and the total power will be combined power of all mages involved (power is rolled separately for each one). But the success will also be roled for all mages involved seperately, so wach out for spectacular failures.
((Here's the relevant quote from the rules.))

((I'm expecting that the dust will in fact settle down, but will become extremely sharp in the process.))
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

ironsnake345

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6424 on: October 25, 2016, 02:44:52 pm »

((I didn't know that. Thanks.))
I think I just retroactively murdered a less lucky version of myself from a parallel universe. Also do I still have a baguette?

star2wars3

• Bay Watcher
  • Join The Dark Side!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6425 on: October 25, 2016, 03:21:52 pm »

((I mean including the tower bonus I think I'm getting a base of +6cmp before I role so that means a minimum total of +7. I don't expect any problems on my end))
((Batshit evil, pessimistic neutral and clumsy good cover nearly entire spectrum. Sadly, but optimists are a rare breed, that is currently running into extinction.))
((That tends to happen when you're optimistic enough to wait out the apocalypse. I wish them plenty of luck, but chances are they'll need it.))

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #6426 on: October 25, 2016, 03:40:25 pm »

((I mean including the tower bonus I think I'm getting a base of +6cmp before I role so that means a minimum total of +7. I don't expect any problems on my end))
((Additional power is just that - additional. First that is taken into consideration is your basic roll. CMP: 1+7 & POW: 1+7 would be disastrous. Well, it was like that before, maybe it was changed a bit.))
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6427 on: October 25, 2016, 04:25:33 pm »

((Additional power is just that - additional. First that is taken into consideration is your basic roll. CMP: 1+7 & POW: 1+7 would be disastrous. Well, it was like that before, maybe it was changed a bit.))

((Nope. Wouldn't come out quite right in some cases, but it would still work reasonably well. Certainly wouldn't hit with the full force of a one.))

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6428 on: October 25, 2016, 04:42:06 pm »

((Nope. Wouldn't come out quite right in some cases, but it would still work reasonably well. Certainly wouldn't hit with the full force of a one.))

((It would fail in a way that is beneficial to the end goal.))
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

star2wars3

• Bay Watcher
  • Join The Dark Side!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6429 on: October 25, 2016, 07:49:06 pm »

((For the record here is the breakdown of the +7:
+5 from essence, +1 from the tower, and +1 as the minimum base roll possible
((Batshit evil, pessimistic neutral and clumsy good cover nearly entire spectrum. Sadly, but optimists are a rare breed, that is currently running into extinction.))
((That tends to happen when you're optimistic enough to wait out the apocalypse. I wish them plenty of luck, but chances are they'll need it.))

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #6430 on: October 25, 2016, 11:48:01 pm »

((Why won't you just let me turn you into mindless zombies? I haven't even killed anyone yet.))
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

ironsnake345

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6431 on: October 26, 2016, 01:09:40 am »

((Why won't you just let me turn you into mindless zombies? I haven't even killed anyone yet.))

((There's a very good reason for our resistance, but it just won't come to me...))

star2wars3

• Bay Watcher
  • Join The Dark Side!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6432 on: October 26, 2016, 05:22:56 am »

((Well I wouldn't mind you taking this body over except I haven't got a replacement to transfer my soul to that fits my standards))

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #6433 on: October 26, 2016, 05:33:08 am »

((If we go into technicalities, it's not even your body what I want. What I really want is, you know, those shards... Could you perhaps donate few?))
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6434 on: October 26, 2016, 08:26:07 am »

((have you considered Soul/Spirit affinity yet? I'm fairly sure you get Ki attacks, plus you can rip people's souls out in order to get easy shards...))
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.
Pages: 1 ... 427 428 [429] 430 431 ... 506