Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should freshly entering mages be given +10/+10 worth of random essences?

Yes
- 19 (46.3%)
No
- 9 (22%)
It should be more than that
- 6 (14.6%)
It should be less than that
- 7 (17.1%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 506

Author Topic: Roll to Magic: Turn 268 The finish line  (Read 1181756 times)

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 38 Don't feed the bears
« Reply #645 on: October 31, 2014, 06:18:54 pm »

((Is this still accepting waitlist apps?))

((There is no waitlist. Post a character sheet and you're in.))
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

XXXXYYYY

• Bay Watcher
  • Been a long time.
    • View Profile
« Reply #646 on: November 01, 2014, 09:26:09 pm »

((Is this still accepting waitlist apps?))

((There is no waitlist. Post a character sheet and you're in.))
((Sweet.))
((I'll make a sheet after I get my computer in working order))
Oooooooo. I know. ClF3. That should be a fun surprise.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #647 on: November 02, 2014, 04:53:11 pm »

Turn 39

Not one to ponder on such slight mishaps, Kahel carefully observed his surroundings. Then, feeling slightly underpowered, he created three frosty essences.

LUCK [3]
CMP [2+1=3]
POT [3+1=4]
CMP [6]
POT [4]
CMP [6+1-2=5]
POT [2+1-2=1]

Kahel looked around and saw grass. Lots and lots of grass. There was no ice anywhere in sight, no traces of it. Feeling rather uneasy in unknown land, he crafted some esenses.

James curses to himself. Then speaks through his mech's external speakers to the priests.
"Surrender and I will let you live. I will help you if you help me, I can summon anything you want. You don't have any other options."
Try to recruit the priests.
Also craft two healing essences.

LUCK [8]
CMP [3+1=4]
POT [1+1+1=3]
CMP [1]
POT [1+1-1=2]

The techpriests looked at each other and sighed. Omnissiach did not look favorably on suicides. Dying for a goal was one thing, this was entirely another. "We surrender"

"Heh, foolish bear." Ishin grins.

Take aspect of Voice from the bear to myself and let out fearsome roar.
If that doesn't scare it away: condense aspect of Light all around us into a flashbang between me and the bear while shielding my eyes.

CMP [3+1=4]
POT [4]

Murmur of a spell was followed by a mighty roar, as Ishin stole the voice of the offending bear. The annimal, subdued by such display of power (and quite possibly disturbed  by it's suden innability to do the same) ran away.

Two more aether essences.
Another two force essences.

CMP [4+1=5]
POT [4+1=5]
CMP [6]
POT [1]

CMP [1+1=2]
POT [6+1=7]
CMP [1]
POT [3]

Team dimensional explorers continued charging up their power.

The crystal is mine. Take it

Plague mage reached out and grabbed the crystal. He then looked around, and noticing that no traps seem to have activated, looked at the crystal. Which had melted into gray and red liquid that was geting rapidly absorbed through skin. Before Witness could panic, his mind was floded with knowledge abaut various metals, aloys and their properties. As the last droplets dissapeared from his hand, Witness realised that he now knew all he could need to control metals.
{Metal affinity gained}
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 39 You are property of Omnissiach
« Reply #648 on: November 02, 2014, 07:02:58 pm »

"Lovely. I'm James McKenzie, your new commander. What are your names and ranks?"
Put my new allies on the mech's shoulders and exit the lake.
Summon two more healing essenses.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #649 on: November 03, 2014, 05:25:54 am »

Deciding that grassland is not to his liking, Kahel goes in the random direction, hoping to find something of interest. Two essences if nothing dangerous happens - need to be prepared.
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #650 on: November 03, 2014, 09:49:09 am »

Create three essences. Travel to the heart of the forest. There have to be something interesting around.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

XXXXYYYY

• Bay Watcher
  • Been a long time.
    • View Profile
« Reply #651 on: November 03, 2014, 04:28:44 pm »

Spoiler: Sheet (click to show/hide)
((This look good?))

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #652 on: November 03, 2014, 04:35:12 pm »

((You will need to tell me what you'd desribe lifewarping as. Also, the color, technicly silver with green is diferent from gray with green (which is in use), in reality they are not different enough visualy))
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.

XXXXYYYY

• Bay Watcher
  • Been a long time.
    • View Profile
« Reply #653 on: November 03, 2014, 05:08:29 pm »

((
Lifewarping: Basically body modding by forcibly changing parts of a thing's anatomy with magic. Pretty slow (and painful), and the flesh has to come from somewhere on the organism, but it enables you to edit yourself without ridiculous amounts of workarounds to get an acceptable amount of maluses. Like, for example, adding wings might be a bit easier, roll-wise, than if you were using Aether for example, but be slower and leave you weaker overall, because muscle and fat would be used to make the wings. It works on plants as well, but takes even longer for changes to manifest.
Sorry 'bout the color, this better?
ofc, there's my Forum Color Thing that makes text like this: TEXTTEXTTEXTTEXTTEXTTEXT, but that would be a pain for you, so yeah.
))
((edit:no, that's too similar. Hum. lemme do a bit more tinkering.))
((edit2:okay, tried to make it better.))
« Last Edit: November 03, 2014, 05:50:52 pm by XXXXYYYY »

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #654 on: November 03, 2014, 05:56:52 pm »

((You'd probably still get a -1 for specifying wings as the transformation, which would negate your natural +1))

Two more aether essences.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2014, 06:36:16 pm by Beirus »
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

XXXXYYYY

• Bay Watcher
  • Been a long time.
    • View Profile
« Reply #655 on: November 03, 2014, 06:05:57 pm »

((You'd probably still get a -1 for specifying wings as the transformation, which would negate your natural +1))
((Yeah, I know, never said it'd be easy, just easier))

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #656 on: November 03, 2014, 09:54:22 pm »

Hmm, never knew of metal magic. Try it out on some object. Shoot a metal spike at something.
Yep, the sig is here
Whoops. Well, shit. Typical salsacookies.
I don't need my cavities checked. I just went to the dentist! Ba-dum-tiss.
I am a Christian

Crimson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #657 on: November 04, 2014, 02:43:27 am »

Continue to rest. At the same time, create three force essences.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #658 on: November 04, 2014, 11:08:49 am »

Hmm, never knew of metal magic. Try it out on some object. Shoot a metal spike at something.

((Just like with all physical objects magic, you will need to have some material to do so. Do you want to summon it?))

((
Lifewarping: Basically body modding by forcibly changing parts of a thing's anatomy with magic. Pretty slow (and painful), and the flesh has to come from somewhere on the organism, but it enables you to edit yourself without ridiculous amounts of workarounds to get an acceptable amount of maluses. Like, for example, adding wings might be a bit easier, roll-wise, than if you were using Aether for example, but be slower and leave you weaker overall, because muscle and fat would be used to make the wings. It works on plants as well, but takes even longer for changes to manifest.
Sorry 'bout the color, this better?
ofc, there's my Forum Color Thing that makes text like this: TEXTTEXTTEXTTEXTTEXTTEXT, but that would be a pain for you, so yeah.
))
((edit:no, that's too similar. Hum. lemme do a bit more tinkering.))
((edit2:okay, tried to make it better.))

((That works, you'll be added in the next turn. You can post an action if you want, and it will be done in the next turn.))

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #659 on: November 04, 2014, 12:51:13 pm »

((
Lifewarping: Basically body modding by forcibly changing parts of a thing's anatomy with magic. Pretty slow (and painful), and the flesh has to come from somewhere on the organism, but it enables you to edit yourself without ridiculous amounts of workarounds to get an acceptable amount of maluses. Like, for example, adding wings might be a bit easier, roll-wise, than if you were using Aether for example, but be slower and leave you weaker overall, because muscle and fat would be used to make the wings. It works on plants as well, but takes even longer for changes to manifest.))
((I can create infinite biomass. If you want to make a kaiju let me know.))
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 506