Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should freshly entering mages be given +10/+10 worth of random essences?

Yes
- 19 (46.3%)
No
- 9 (22%)
It should be more than that
- 6 (14.6%)
It should be less than that
- 7 (17.1%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 506

Author Topic: Roll to Magic: Turn 268 The finish line  (Read 1181845 times)

XXXXYYYY

• Bay Watcher
  • Been a long time.
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 39 You are property of Omnissiach
« Reply #660 on: November 04, 2014, 07:38:42 pm »

((I can create infinite biomass. If you want to make a kaiju let me know.))
((This can only end badly awesomely))
Oooooooo. I know. ClF3. That should be a fun surprise.

XXXXYYYY

• Bay Watcher
  • Been a long time.
    • View Profile
« Reply #661 on: November 05, 2014, 08:14:54 am »

Walk to the north into the light forest, create a lifewarping essence

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #662 on: November 05, 2014, 10:40:10 am »

((I can create infinite biomass. If you want to make a kaiju let me know.))
((Are you trying to summon Xan?))
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #663 on: November 07, 2014, 07:30:13 pm »

Turn 40

CMP [1+1=2]
POT [1+1+1=3]
CMP [2]
POT [1+1+1-1=2]
LUCK [10]

I am Abnightus and he is called Haxtes. We are both techpriests. Replied the man held in mechs left hand. They both sighed in relief when thei returned to relative freedom atop the shoulders of mech. The legs were surprisingly enough freed from the mud by the time spent floating an had yet to sink back so far as to be unrecoverable. Few steps brought the machine to the shore where hundrets of parts lain scatered.

Deciding that grassland is not to his liking, Kahel goes in the random direction, hoping to find something of interest. Two essences if nothing dangerous happens - need to be prepared.

ROLL [4]
SPD [(4)/2+1=3]
LUCK [6]
CMP [2+1=3]
POT [2+1=3]
CMP [6]
POT [4]

Kahel, being an practical minded tourist (as practical as a tourist can be) decided that adventure can be found here no lesser that those atop mighty glaciers. He spun on his right leg three times with his eyes closed and wandered off in a straight-ish line. Then, after no more that five minutes Kahel stoped, becouse mage noticed that he was now waist deep in water. Deciding that this was not the adventure he was looking for, Kahel just crafted a few more essenses.

Create three essences. Travel to the heart of the forest. There have to be something interesting around.

CMP [1+1=2]
POT [4]
CMP [2]
POT [5-1=4]
CMP [4+1-2=3]
POT [3-2=1]
LUCK [1]

Happy with his progress Ishin continued onwards in search of the forest heart. It took him a while, so the mage made a few essenses while on the way there. In the end, the casual stroll was interupted as the heart of the forsest found Ishin. "You dare steal the voice of nature? Then you shall be punished acordingly." As aspect mage turned around he was greeted by a treant seemingly over three meters in height, scorn apparent on its mossy face.

Two more aether essences.

Continue to rest. At the same time, create three force essences.

CMP [3+1=4]
POT [3+1=4]
CMP [1]
POT [4]

CMP [1+1=2]
POT [1+1=2]
CMP [6]
POT [3]
CMP [1+1-2=0]

Meditation continues. Apreciating the quiet of surrounding area Crimson relaxes enough to fizzle the last essense.

Hmm, never knew of metal magic. Try it out on some object. Shoot a metal spike at something.

CMP [2]
POT [4+1=5]

There were some annoying wisphers at the back of his head, but Witness knew better than to listen to such things. With a snap of fingers and commanding word, the spell shaped to shoot a metal spike. Immedietly, all of mages veins and arteries bulged out, several bursting from pressure as the spell tried to use the only metal it could find. "How did you manage to survive before meeting us?" 117 asked while repairing the damage.

Walk to the north into the light forest, create a lifewarping essence

SPD [(5-1)/2+1=3]
CMP [5+1=6]
POT [3+1=4]

Etszu, unlike so many others did not linger after exiting the portal. There were trees to the nort that could provide cover. The others most likely had been here for a while and had some fairly strong spells out. Hide now, own weaklings later. preparation for his own magic were also in order, a precious  essense of fleshwarping rested in the hand of the mage.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2014, 08:22:19 pm by DreamerGhost »
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 40 Tourists evrywhere
« Reply #664 on: November 07, 2014, 08:18:43 pm »

((Hey! Where's my vortex?))
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #665 on: November 07, 2014, 08:22:37 pm »

((Fix'd))
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #666 on: November 07, 2014, 11:56:54 pm »

James exits his mech and locks the hatch and descends the ladder.

He sees David lying there motionless and runs to his aid. As an experienced medic, he recognizes the self inflicted wounds immediately and know's there's nothing that can be done.
He loots David of his stuff. He gives Abnightus the shapeshifting glass weapon, he gives Haxes the monomolecular stick, and he gives them both their pants back.
Then he orders both the Techpriests and Grundar to install the jetpack.
Then craft 2 summoning essenses.

Then James goes to talk to Etszu.
"Hello, I don't believe we've met. Welcome to the grove, the only safe place on this island. I'm James, it's creator and caretaker. Do you want to buy anything? I can offer weapons, armour, machines, all made of adamantine of course. Maybe a healing potion or a strength boost?"
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #667 on: November 08, 2014, 01:28:31 am »

"You dare steal the voice of nature? Then you shall be punished acordingly."
"You are mistaken, I don't steal, I borrow. Everything one takes from nature will eventually return. But worry not, I will return the voice once I leave this part of forest.
But it sure has been long time since I last time saw a treant. How I can help you?"

Calm down the treant and offer assistance.
IF it tries to cause me physical harm THEN
    Take aspect of Edge from blades of grass and leaves.
    Cut its legs off with stolen Edge.
    Run away to north east.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #668 on: November 08, 2014, 02:09:59 am »

Let's try another affinity sensing spell on the abomination. Then make another aether essence.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #669 on: November 08, 2014, 03:36:44 am »

"Ops. Seems like walking with closed eyes isn't the most practical solution..."

Climbing out of the water, mage observed landscape near its shores.

If I notice vortex, walk in the direction of the forest, avoiding it. If castle - well, every tourist must visit one. Else, flip coin. If situation is safe, prepare even more: craft two additional essences.
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

XXXXYYYY

• Bay Watcher
  • Been a long time.
    • View Profile
« Reply #670 on: November 08, 2014, 04:00:20 pm »

Then James goes to talk to Etszu.
"Hello, I don't believe we've met. Welcome to the grove, the only safe place on this island. I'm James, it's creator and caretaker. Do you want to buy anything? I can offer weapons, armour, machines, all made of adamantine of course. Maybe a healing potion or a strength boost?"
Greeting the man, Etszu nods its head as a greeting and replies, "Etszu the Lifewarper, myself. For future projects I will need a great source of biomass.The problem is, the biomass needs to be a part of the thing I am Warping. Are you able to give a living plant or animal more mass? Also, are you able to conjure living things? These would be the most helpful things you could do for one with my magic."

Meanwhile, Etszu make 2 or so more FW essences.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #671 on: November 08, 2014, 06:30:04 pm »

"A simple growth spell? Certainly. I'll cast you one for a shard.
Creating life is much more difficult. I recommend digging up a few bugs instead. Magic isn't always the best solution."
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

XXXXYYYY

• Bay Watcher
  • Been a long time.
    • View Profile
« Reply #672 on: November 09, 2014, 01:18:12 pm »

"A simple growth spell? Certainly. I'll cast you one for a shard.
Creating life is much more difficult. I recommend digging up a few bugs instead. Magic isn't always the best solution."

"Interesting. Yes. Quite interesting. How much mass could this spell generate? Large body changes would require a large amount of mass, which could prove troublesome. It would be even better to have an object causing continual growth over time, but that sounds fraught with complications and many ways to go wrong. I will most likely buy the spell after I Warp myself an abode from the forest to the west."

Crimson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #673 on: November 09, 2014, 07:21:09 pm »

I'm not yet in my best condition so more resting. Also another two force essence.

DG, in regards to shards in my char sheet I noticed that I still have 5 though I used 2 to open the portal so please correct it.

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #674 on: November 10, 2014, 06:03:24 am »

Ow.

Go out and explore! I'm done here, I think.
Yep, the sig is here
Whoops. Well, shit. Typical salsacookies.
I don't need my cavities checked. I just went to the dentist! Ba-dum-tiss.
I am a Christian
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 506