Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should freshly entering mages be given +10/+10 worth of random essences?

Yes
- 19 (46.3%)
No
- 9 (22%)
It should be more than that
- 6 (14.6%)
It should be less than that
- 7 (17.1%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Pages: 1 ... 439 440 [441] 442 443 ... 506

Author Topic: Roll to Magic: Turn 268 The finish line  (Read 1182975 times)

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 204 Traps and Treasures
« Reply #6600 on: November 19, 2016, 12:58:24 pm »

((Attention all Mages!

I am planning to start the second council the turn after next. Any help with the conference spell would be much appreciated, and I'll make the communication system a permanent fixture if I believe we'll have enough power.

As I've said before, the goal of this Council will be to work out the differences between those with different visions of the game. Hopefully we can make some compromises that appeal to both murderers and pacifists, as well as justice-powered omnicidal maniacs like myself. :P

If we go about this in a reasonable, open manner, I believe that it has the potential to alleviate some major issues and change the direction of the game. As such, I'm going to request you a) keep an open mind, and b) refrain from trying to hijack the spell and commit genocide. I know that I can't force you guys to do anything, but this could improve the game for all of us, yourself included. It would be a shame if it ends before it begins.))

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #6601 on: November 19, 2016, 01:03:08 pm »

((Speaking of communication, what teams we have here? This time I may be interested of team playing.))
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6602 on: November 19, 2016, 01:08:07 pm »

((Speaking of communication, what teams we have here? This time I may be interested of team playing.))
((Well, there's Team Tower—but it includes Gloomy, so you're probably not going to want to be a part of it.))

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6603 on: November 19, 2016, 01:09:55 pm »

((As far as I know, there's:

T.O.A.M, which I believe consists of Skelliborn, James, Chorkinaan, Jigsap, Surg, and Nihilum.
The Tower, which includes Jase, Crimson, Viznor, Ilium, Gloomier, and Magus N/A.
And finally, a partnership between Karnax and Khozek, if you can really call that a team.))

ironsnake345

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOMAIN:REFERENCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6604 on: November 19, 2016, 01:24:36 pm »

((I'm a little bit confused with the rolls here. The rules state that something bad happens which can be averted by burning a sacrifice at a roll of cmp 1 or cmp 6, but it says nothing about pot. There were no base rolls that fit that criteria, but bonuses boosted the cmp over 5 and skelliborn's base pot roll was 6. Does this mean that cmp bonuses that boost it to 6 or above are bad, or do pot rolls of 6 also cause issues? It doesn't say so in the rules.))

Only the base roll counts for sacrifice burn/ritual break. POT does not cause issues on it's own, but if POT is more than CMP, the difference is treated as chaotic POT, which may add details of it's own that are still useful, but maybe not exactly what you wanted.

((Then why did we have to burn one sacrifice?))
I think I just retroactively murdered a less lucky version of myself from a parallel universe. Also do I still have a baguette?
Are my memes dank enough for you?
Thanks to the internet-cromancer, my internet has been revived. I'm back, baby!

DAPARROT

• Bay Watcher
  • More parrots
    • View Profile
« Reply #6605 on: November 19, 2016, 01:30:50 pm »

Back to phoenix form, burn the wasps
I should probably introduce the actual plot soon
7/11 guy, bringer of the apocabeepse. Uplifter of threads. Herald of the hive.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #6606 on: November 19, 2016, 01:53:02 pm »

((Alright, team T.O.A.M., gimme me excuse to join. ))
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

ironsnake345

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6607 on: November 19, 2016, 02:10:04 pm »

((!!science!!))
I think I just retroactively murdered a less lucky version of myself from a parallel universe. Also do I still have a baguette?

star2wars3

• Bay Watcher
  • Join The Dark Side!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6608 on: November 19, 2016, 06:36:15 pm »

((!!science!!))
((How about the fact that being in a big guild like T.O.A.M. makes it easier to organize large rituals and acquire more swag sooner. Also if you join now, once we create are massive flying headquarters you will get quick transportation across the map via the teleportation system we plan on putting on board. And if that hasn't convinced you if you join now within the next 15 minutes we'll throw in some low quality sword shaped toothpicks we found in our next door neighbour's garbage can.))
Continue with the ritual:
Sacrifice: Diamond edged carbon sword
((Batshit evil, pessimistic neutral and clumsy good cover nearly entire spectrum. Sadly, but optimists are a rare breed, that is currently running into extinction.))
((That tends to happen when you're optimistic enough to wait out the apocalypse. I wish them plenty of luck, but chances are they'll need it.))

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6609 on: November 19, 2016, 07:03:24 pm »

((Alternatively, Doktor Diabolical is willing to take on henchmen... your character does look like a more villainous sort, after all...))

Doktor Diabolical:

"What in diabolicalness is that? The miner bot must have dug into some kind of cave or something..."

Why fight foes when you can robotify them? Doktor Diabolical attempts to transform(0, working with what's already there) the creature that just destroyed the lopsided bot into a robot. That obeys his orders(-1). From a distance(-1). 3 +1/+1 essences, 1 +1 POT essence. If the spell succeeds, Doktor Diabolical then makes 2 essences.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2016, 08:48:22 pm by FallacyofUrist »
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

ironsnake345

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6610 on: November 19, 2016, 07:36:30 pm »

Whilst wondering what the hell happened to that one sacrifice despite the fact that a mystical Goldilocks would have approved of that last minute of ritual casting, Continue the ritual. Essences this turn: 1 chaotic +2/+1, 2 regular +1/+1

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6611 on: November 19, 2016, 08:41:35 pm »

((Alternatively, Doktor Diabolical is willing to take on henchmen... your character does look like a more villainous sort, after all...))

Doktor Diabolical:

"What in diabolicalness is that? The miner bot must have dug into some kind of cave or something..."

Why fight foes when you can robotify them? Doktor Diabolical attempts to transform(0, working with what's already there) the creature that just destroyed the lopsided bot into a robot. That obeys his orders(-1). From a distance(-1). 3 +1/+1 essences, 1 +1 POT essence. If the spell succeeds, Doktor Diabolical then makes 2 essences.

You can't see the thing that has snagged your bots, so you can't do that. Also, if that thing is larger than your fist(it is), this will most likely just turn it a bit cyborg, which will probably still won't be under your control.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2016, 08:43:57 pm by DreamerGhost »
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6612 on: November 19, 2016, 08:45:21 pm »

((Can't make it an area of effect?))
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6613 on: November 19, 2016, 08:47:21 pm »

Whilst wondering what the hell happened to that one sacrifice despite the fact that a mystical Goldilocks would have approved of that last minute of ritual casting, Continue the ritual. Essences this turn: 1 chaotic +2/+1, 2 regular +1/+1

I am an utter tard is what happened. That was a POT roll that turned over a 6,  not CMP. You should still have the sacrifice. I was a bit half-asleep at the time.

((Can't make it an area of effect?))

No, because you also need to know what you are converting, at least how it looks like. Also, if you could, AOE would dilute the effect to uselessness.
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6614 on: November 19, 2016, 08:51:21 pm »

Doktor Diabolical:

Doktor Diabolical abruptly realized the issue with his plan: he didn't have a clear visual on the enemy. All he knew for the moment was that it had an orange limb. Building a sight projection drone would take a bit too much time and power. Thus: area of effect attack. Thus: flamethrower. Doktor Diabolical uses the scrap from the miner bot(0 for using what's already there) to make a flamethrower(-1) bot that obeys his orders(-1). 3 +1/+1 essence and 1 +1 POT essence expenditure. Then he has it flame the stairway pit. If he has spare time, he makes 2 robots essences.
Generic Arms Race.

Pages: 1 ... 439 440 [441] 442 443 ... 506