Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should freshly entering mages be given +10/+10 worth of random essences?

Yes
- 19 (46.3%)
No
- 9 (22%)
It should be more than that
- 6 (14.6%)
It should be less than that
- 7 (17.1%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Pages: 1 ... 442 443 [444] 445 446 ... 506

Author Topic: Roll to Magic: Turn 268 The finish line  (Read 1183485 times)

ironsnake345

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOMAIN:REFERENCES]
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 206.-1 TBF
« Reply #6645 on: November 25, 2016, 07:45:26 pm »

((well, for one, I'm pretty sure I used up those two +1 pot's, and I think I noticed having a few others which I had stated a desire to use up entirely. It's been a bit though, I can't remember super clearly.))

MOAR POWAAAAARRRR!!! (4 +1/+1 essences)
I think I just retroactively murdered a less lucky version of myself from a parallel universe. Also do I still have a baguette?
Are my memes dank enough for you?
Thanks to the internet-cromancer, my internet has been revived. I'm back, baby!

DAPARROT

• Bay Watcher
  • More parrots
    • View Profile
« Reply #6646 on: November 25, 2016, 08:06:44 pm »

fire breath on the wasps then fly away from them, to the tower unless they are in that direction, in the direction with the least mages if they are

I should probably introduce the actual plot soon
7/11 guy, bringer of the apocabeepse. Uplifter of threads. Herald of the hive.

star2wars3

• Bay Watcher
  • Join The Dark Side!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6647 on: November 25, 2016, 09:33:51 pm »

Continue the ritual. +2/+2 essences
((Batshit evil, pessimistic neutral and clumsy good cover nearly entire spectrum. Sadly, but optimists are a rare breed, that is currently running into extinction.))
((That tends to happen when you're optimistic enough to wait out the apocalypse. I wish them plenty of luck, but chances are they'll need it.))

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6648 on: November 25, 2016, 09:36:25 pm »

Er, do you need something from me or what?

Yes, accept connection.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6649 on: November 25, 2016, 10:28:03 pm »

Doktor Diabolical:

"Well, this is inconvenient."

Doktor Diabolical tries again, building on what's already been done. 1 +1/+1 essence, 1 +1/+2 essence. Afterwards, if he isn't attacked, he makes 3 robots essences. If he is attacked, he sics his cubebots and attack drone on the attacker.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Mallos

• Bay Watcher
  • sick and tired of being sick and tired
    • View Profile
« Reply #6650 on: November 26, 2016, 12:24:19 am »

Poke around for anything like ruins or caves with 'strong presences'. Probe them.
Gone. Departed. Headed off toward greener pastures.

Prismatic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6651 on: November 26, 2016, 07:08:32 am »

It had been a while since Redrum had last reanimated a creature of this size, and the hydra's polycephalic anatomy was proving to be a more complex obstacle than he'd initially anticipated. Perhaps pausing to perform a simpler task would allow him to recharge his reserves before another attempt.

Further enchant (chaotic +1/+1) the soul-trapping lantern, converting it into an on-demand spirit incinerator.
Following this, craft 3 essences.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 205 Congregation begins
« Reply #6652 on: November 26, 2016, 02:44:06 pm »

Council spell, which should come into effect next turn:

As I said, this is essentially wizard Skype. Use knowledge magic to detect the locations of every [player-character] mage, on or off the island, and set up a communication network which records their voices and surroundings. These feeds will essentially be put together and magiced to create a "video" of everyone in the council chamber, which appears as a sort of "screen" in front of each mage. That should be an actual, light-based screen, by the way. Mind magic is just asking to be hijacked.

Should anyone offer to help, use the yes/no book to confirm their good intentions (and show them my own, for that matter), and assuming everything checks out, take full advantage of their assistance. If we have two or more mages, including myself, I feel it is quite possible to make this a system which recharges once every twenty turns. For now, anyway, we'll definitely improve it later. Halve this number for each mage beyond the second.

EDIT: Whoops, forgot to put essence use. Use 3 +1 POT and +1 CMP knowledge essences, and two knowledge essences +1+1.

Assist with the spell, perhaps examining the glass orb to provide some further help with shaping the viewing portion of the spell. Assuming the recharge is being added, add a decent chance of the recharge happening substantially quicker. Use 4 +1/+1 essences, and one each of the +1 to CMP and POT essences for the spell in total.

If I misread and the spell isn't being cast this turn, make four essences instead.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

The spell was cast and the dice were thrown. Magic reached out to all mages that had arrived on the island, even those that had moved away since. It was not an overly strong link, but it was not meant to be. This was magic only for those willing to make use of it. Screens appeared in the Council chambers, one in front of each seat. Over twenty of the screens lit up, though no faces presented themselves just yet. Mages found screens hovering before them, waiting for their input. Four mages breathed again, as the spell they crafted worked.

{Council call:
-Recharge: 5 turns.
-Applies to all mages in game.
-Can be activated by any of the four that cast it or by anyone visiting the Council chamber.}
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

vishdafish

• Bay Watcher
  • Look at me grow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6653 on: November 26, 2016, 08:17:52 pm »

((Does it require me to use my turn if I wish to convene with the council members?))

star2wars3

• Bay Watcher
  • Join The Dark Side!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6654 on: November 26, 2016, 10:38:03 pm »

((If I could easily use my magic to do so, I would make the mage Skype permanent))
((Batshit evil, pessimistic neutral and clumsy good cover nearly entire spectrum. Sadly, but optimists are a rare breed, that is currently running into extinction.))
((That tends to happen when you're optimistic enough to wait out the apocalypse. I wish them plenty of luck, but chances are they'll need it.))

ironsnake345

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6655 on: November 26, 2016, 11:24:16 pm »

((I don't know that we can stop and use the mage skype. We're kind of in the middle of a ritual right now.))
I think I just retroactively murdered a less lucky version of myself from a parallel universe. Also do I still have a baguette?

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6656 on: November 27, 2016, 12:24:18 am »

((Does it require me to use my turn if I wish to convene with the council members?))

((It shouldn't. There'd just be an illusory screen hanging in the air in front of you, which you can talk into and such.))

((If I could easily use my magic to do so, I would make the mage Skype permanent))

((It is permanent, it just has a five-turn cooldown. I am, however, planning to remove that later, and I would definitely appreciate your help.))

((I don't know that we can stop and use the mage skype. We're kind of in the middle of a ritual right now.))

((People talk and do other assorted stuff while magicing all the time, so I can't imagine it would be an issue.))

-------------------------

"Many thanks to you, Gambler, and to others who did not wish to reveal themselves."

Activate the system.

ironsnake345

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6657 on: November 27, 2016, 02:02:08 am »

Edwinn stared incredulously at the screen before him.

What the-? A council call? We're way out in the very boonies of the universe. This deathmatch really is attracting a lot of powerful people... More even than I realized apparently.

Edwinn flexed his magical muscles, activating the screen.

Eh, hello? Anyone there?

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6658 on: November 27, 2016, 09:00:35 am »

((It shouldn't. There'd just be an illusory screen hanging in the air in front of you, which you can talk into and such.))

((It is permanent, it just has a five-turn cooldown. I am, however, planning to remove that later, and I would definitely appreciate your help.))

((People talk and do other assorted stuff while magicing all the time, so I can't imagine it would be an issue.))

Just confirming that Whisperling is correct on all accounts.
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #6659 on: November 27, 2016, 09:08:03 am »

Filtiarn observes the magical screen suspiciously. "What is this now?"

Make three essences.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.
Pages: 1 ... 442 443 [444] 445 446 ... 506