Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should freshly entering mages be given +10/+10 worth of random essences?

Yes
- 19 (46.3%)
No
- 9 (22%)
It should be more than that
- 6 (14.6%)
It should be less than that
- 7 (17.1%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Pages: 1 ... 443 444 [445] 446 447 ... 506

Author Topic: Roll to Magic: Turn 268 The finish line  (Read 1183435 times)

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 206.-1 TBF
« Reply #6660 on: November 27, 2016, 07:06:35 pm »

Ao stared at the screen in slight disbelieve. Normally, an ordinary beer - especially when your organs can purge alcohol intoxication at will - could not make you see things. Especially so complex and unusual ones. So, was it a foreign intervention or drink sideffect?

"More experiments are needed..."

Observe the screen while tasting another alcoholic beverage, to see if things change. 4 more essences which I'll never use.
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
  • You are doomed, doomed, I tell you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6661 on: November 27, 2016, 07:11:07 pm »

5 essences.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6662 on: November 27, 2016, 07:12:08 pm »

If I haven't made three essences this turn, make three essences.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

ironsnake345

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOMAIN:REFERENCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6663 on: November 27, 2016, 07:34:58 pm »

Nobody's activated their screens but me. It would seem this council call's fallen on deaf ears.
I think I just retroactively murdered a less lucky version of myself from a parallel universe. Also do I still have a baguette?
Are my memes dank enough for you?
Thanks to the internet-cromancer, my internet has been revived. I'm back, baby!

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6664 on: November 27, 2016, 07:51:20 pm »

((Pretty sure the conference call is technically starting next turn, but I might as well open the floor now.))

------------------

"Greetings. I am Viznor, seer and guardian of the Tower. Four mages, myself included, have built the magical network you see before you.

We wish to hold a second Council, this time with a clear goal in mind. There has been a great deal of conflict as of late, much of it due to differing opinions regarding the purpose of this place. Some desire a life of peaceful creation, others a violent contest. We seek to establish compromises and agreements which will accommodate both of these groups, as well as any others which may make themselves known."

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6665 on: November 27, 2016, 08:09:45 pm »

Gloomy frowns to himself. "Is this the call, then? Bah. It'll end in murder and tears, just like everything else does here. I give us three turns before some enterprising killer tries to weaponize it."
« Last Edit: November 27, 2016, 08:32:31 pm by Elephant Parade »

ironsnake345

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6666 on: November 27, 2016, 08:46:29 pm »

The system is watched over by a team of extremely dangrous wizards, and the last time someone tried to weaponize the tower I could just taste the death they met but a few minutes later. You needn't be so gloomy, my friend.
I think I just retroactively murdered a less lucky version of myself from a parallel universe. Also do I still have a baguette?

Mallos

• Bay Watcher
  • sick and tired of being sick and tired
    • View Profile
« Reply #6667 on: November 27, 2016, 09:18:11 pm »

"Is this really necessary? Can't we just divide into small groups and kill eachother? Nothing wrong with the status quo.. its fun enough as is. Plus, I get to test tons of things the College said was 'unethical and unreasonable'." Khozek frowns and slowly scratches his head at the screen in front of him.
Gone. Departed. Headed off toward greener pastures.

ironsnake345

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6668 on: November 27, 2016, 09:27:26 pm »

See, Skelliborn? this is exactly what I was talking about. This guy knows what's up. Murder, science, that's what this place is all about. To take only one is to deny half of existence in this tiny realm.

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6669 on: November 27, 2016, 09:38:34 pm »

"This is precisely why I wish negotiate an agreement acceptable to both sides. There are some who believe those such as myself, who have tried to enforce peace, are oppressive, and those who would join a group and continue their participation in the tournament. However, there are others who do not wish to kill, and would rather be left in peace.

I propose that we find a way to segregate the peaceful and the violent, flexible borders or laws which allows us to determine where violence is and is not acceptable. Those who wish to do battle shall remain on one side of this "border," whether it be physical or metaphorical, and may kill as much as they desire without interference from peacekeepers. However, they may not interfere with those on the other side of the "border," where pacifism will be rigorously enforced."
« Last Edit: November 27, 2016, 09:40:55 pm by Whisperling »

Mallos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6670 on: November 27, 2016, 10:57:51 pm »

"This is precisely why I wish negotiate an agreement acceptable to both sides. There are some who believe those such as myself, who have tried to enforce peace, are oppressive, and those who would join a group and continue their participation in the tournament. However, there are others who do not wish to kill, and would rather be left in peace.

I propose that we find a way to segregate the peaceful and the violent, flexible borders or laws which allows us to determine where violence is and is not acceptable. Those who wish to do battle shall remain on one side of this "border," whether it be physical or metaphorical, and may kill as much as they desire without interference from peacekeepers. However, they may not interfere with those on the other side of the "border," where pacifism will be rigorously enforced."

"That defeats this pocket of space-time's purpose entirely.. it's fate that guided us here to the edges of space to do battle and warp the landscape beneath us. If you try to escape that fate, things will just get worse. I'm just taking my time and enjoying said fate through the addition of the pursuit of forbidden knowledge."

XXXXYYYY

• Bay Watcher
  • Been a long time.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6671 on: November 27, 2016, 11:26:14 pm »

"That defeats this pocket of space-time's purpose entirely.. it's fate that guided us here to the edges of space to do battle and warp the landscape beneath us. If you try to escape that fate, things will just get worse. I'm just taking my time and enjoying said fate through the addition of the pursuit of forbidden knowledge."
"I would disagree, though I am not wholly in agreement with Viznor either. I believe that the divide between 'all violence is OK' and 'any violence at all is punished into oblivion' is perhaps too binary. I think that an agreed-upon set of rules, perhaps enforced either through agreed, generalized action or a persistent spell, to dissuade actions deemed intolerable would be more appropriate. Private groups, such as the Tower's folk, can enforce laws of their own within their domain - they have laid claim to it, after all - but those laws should not necessarily extend island-wide or even necessarily in a large area.

Though this area is primed for fighting, there is no decree on how those battles should be fought; some may attempt mass killings, while others may attempt to gain power through incremental duels and battles. A third group may refrain from direct combat entirely, preferring to sell empowered items to one side or the other or both. A fourth, even, may prefer to gain power slowly before suddenly killing multiple people, using their might and health to their advantage. A fifth may specialize in non-mage fights, and so on and so forth.
I will not pretend that the island is not, on some fundamental level, a violent place, but I think that we should shape that violence for the betterment of the arena as a whole."

3 essences.
Oooooooo. I know. ClF3. That should be a fun surprise.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #6672 on: November 27, 2016, 11:45:46 pm »

"Murder is inevitable."

Gloomy frowns to himself. "Is this the call, then? Bah. It'll end in murder and tears, just like everything else does here. I give us three turns before some enterprising killer tries to weaponize it."

"Greetings, wizard of curses, we meet again. I see you are in good health."
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6673 on: November 28, 2016, 12:07:01 am »

"I do not wish to place undue constraints on violence. In fact, I would argue that groups such as T.O.A.M lift their restriction on unprovoked attacks, given that members adhere to a greater, if less stringent framework of laws made by this council. My purpose is merely to safeguard our creations, and to give some reprieve to those who would escape battle. Fate or no, I believe that to be a worthy goal."

"I would disagree, though I am not wholly in agreement with Viznor either. I believe that the divide between 'all violence is OK' and 'any violence at all is punished into oblivion' is perhaps too binary. I think that an agreed-upon set of rules, perhaps enforced either through agreed, generalized action or a persistent spell, to dissuade actions deemed intolerable would be more appropriate. Private groups, such as the Tower's folk, can enforce laws of their own within their domain - they have laid claim to it, after all - but those laws should not necessarily extend island-wide or even necessarily in a large area.

Though this area is primed for fighting, there is no decree on how those battles should be fought; some may attempt mass killings, while others may attempt to gain power through incremental duels and battles. A third group may refrain from direct combat entirely, preferring to sell empowered items to one side or the other or both. A fourth, even, may prefer to gain power slowly before suddenly killing multiple people, using their might and health to their advantage. A fifth may specialize in non-mage fights, and so on and so forth.
I will not pretend that the island is not, on some fundamental level, a violent place, but I think that we should shape that violence for the betterment of the arena as a whole."

3 essences.

"I will extend my agreement, if somewhat hesitantly. The mages of the Tower will always enforce peace upon our ground, and I suppose other groups might do so as well. Perhaps those who eschew protection must accept a risk of violence, though all should know that said protection is available.

I would, however, argue that simultaneous, mass killings are unacceptable, as are large-scale attacks against strongholds such as the Tower. The actions of Shias and Dwen would both fall under this category, as would the proposed attack by an army of fire elementals. Such moves are the greatest threat to our fledgeling society, to say nothing of creations which may be the product of long and hard work."

"Murder is inevitable."

"I no longer deny that, although I maintain that certain forms of it must be stopped."
« Last Edit: November 28, 2016, 12:08:38 am by Whisperling »

Mallos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6674 on: November 28, 2016, 12:53:59 am »

"And what makes you think you've got the skill and authority to stop a particularly clever mass-killer, Viznor? Why would it be you that stops them? The druid was a fool or he'd have tossed his stupid 'balance of nature' in the bin and joined me when he had the chance. If you ask me, your proposed laws are unlawful."
Pages: 1 ... 443 444 [445] 446 447 ... 506