Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should freshly entering mages be given +10/+10 worth of random essences?

Yes
- 19 (46.3%)
No
- 9 (22%)
It should be more than that
- 6 (14.6%)
It should be less than that
- 7 (17.1%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 506

Author Topic: Roll to Magic: Turn 268 The finish line  (Read 1180699 times)

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 40 Tourists evrywhere
« Reply #675 on: November 12, 2014, 08:12:41 pm »

Turn 41

He loots David of his stuff. He gives Abnightus the shapeshifting glass weapon, he gives Haxes the monomolecular stick, and he gives them both their pants back.
Then he orders both the Techpriests and Grundar to install the jetpack.
Then craft 2 summoning essenses.

-snip-

LUCK [3]
END [6]
LUCK [3]

SPD [2+1=3] vs DEX [5]

James unloaded techpriests next to the unasembled jetpack and exited his mech to look around. David was there, quite dead and it seemed that he was so for quite a while. A pitty, but his items were now free for taking. Grundar was loyaly standing guard over the parts. Techpriest seemed rather relieved to be back on solid ground again. They picked up the weapons with slightly conserned look in their eyes, Abnightus trying to figure out what the hell that glass contraption was while Haxes was trying to figure out just how sharp this stick was. Noticing that James was distracted by speaking to some other guy, he decided to test it out on the mage that brought him here, yet timely shout from Etszu allowed James to easily dodge the attack.

-snip-

Meanwhile, Etszu make 2 or so more FW essences.

CMP [2+1=3]
POT [2+1=3]
CMP [4]
POT [5]

Etszu, after warning James of incoming stab prepeared a pair of fleshwarping essenses. It seems that the pair have just volunteered to help him with experiements.

"You dare steal the voice of nature? Then you shall be punished acordingly."
"You are mistaken, I don't steal, I borrow. Everything one takes from nature will eventually return. But worry not, I will return the voice once I leave this part of forest.
But it sure has been long time since I last time saw a treant. How I can help you?"

Calm down the treant and offer assistance.
IF it tries to cause me physical harm THEN
    Take aspect of Edge from blades of grass and leaves.
    Cut its legs off with stolen Edge.
    Run away to north east.

LUCK [1]
SPD [5] vs [1] vs [4]
CMP [1+1=2]
POT [3]

SPD [1] vs DEX [5]

SPD [5] vs DEX [1-1=0]
STR [5+2=7]
END [6]

"You can help. By dying and leaving your body here for the forest to feast on."
With these words ent attacked, bear following after. Well, the bear was much faster, so it was the ent who lagged behind, yet bestial speed was no mach to the speed of the mage. Ishinn conjured a spell to capture the edge of grass, yet for some reason, maybe the hurry, maybe the fear, but all the spell managed to do was to turn Ishins hands into sort of dense papyrus. Baffled by this change aspect mage sidesteped attack of the bear by turning his back towards the ent and tested out how exatly it feels to get hit by a log firsthand as a result. The punch was strong enough to send mage flying, yet fear induced adrenaline overload managed to keep Ishin concious.

Let's try another affinity sensing spell on the abomination. Then make another aether essence.

CMP [4]
POT [6+1=7]
CMP [5]
POT [6]

Jase once again atempted to discover the secrets abomination possessed. Once more he crafted a spell to look through afinity and once more he found nothing but remnants of psychic powers. At least it wasn't so traumatic this time. Contemplating just how thorroughly he managed to erase this mind aether mage made another essense.

"Ops. Seems like walking with closed eyes isn't the most practical solution..."

Climbing out of the water, mage observed landscape near its shores.

If I notice vortex, walk in the direction of the forest, avoiding it. If castle - well, every tourist must visit one. Else, flip coin. If situation is safe, prepare even more: craft two additional essences.

LUCK [4]
SPD [(5+1)/2+1=4]
CMP [3+1=4]
POT [6+1=7]
CMP [5]
POT  [4]

Kahel opened his eyes and looked around. There was a stoem in the southwest. Looked nasty, geting wet by lakewater was one thing, but getting wet from rain was as annoying as it was chilly. Not wanting to deal with this, temperature mage marched out towards the forest. Leaves should act as an umbrella well enough. But mabye all this water he was seeing here was a sign, Kahel pondered as he walked. Mabye he was in the right place, just at the wrong time and he should create a glacier. The train of thought was rapidly removed from track as another mage flew by Kahel.

I'm not yet in my best condition so more resting. Also another two force essence.

(fix'd)

CMP [6+1=7]
POT [5+1=6]
CMP [6]
POT [6]

Rest seems to be doing good for Crimsons body and mind, as he managed to cast some powerfull and precise essenses. It almost seems a waste for them not having been spels.

Ow.

Go out and explore! I'm done here, I think.

LUCK [9]

There were several more traps between the place where tunnels roof had caved in and where actual exit was, yet his newfound power over metals combined with his modified eyes warned witness of all unwanted surprises. He emerged from a stairway consealed even in the alien grassland. It was time to move on.

« Last Edit: November 12, 2014, 08:26:05 pm by DreamerGhost »
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

XXXXYYYY

• Bay Watcher
  • Been a long time.
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 41 Spartacus mechanicus
« Reply #676 on: November 12, 2014, 08:43:05 pm »

((Posting a turn tomorrow, because mobile sucks, but do modifiers like massive stack, and if so, would it be 20x size or 100 times? Also, how big(in modifier terms) is a tile with regards to a spell? Need to know this for upcoming spell: Symbiosis. Heh heh heh.))
Oooooooo. I know. ClF3. That should be a fun surprise.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #677 on: November 12, 2014, 09:16:56 pm »

((Aww, I can't even get a better read on the affinity? Or is it just a Psychic affinity?))

Two more aether essences.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #678 on: November 13, 2014, 10:42:04 am »

Ishin stands up and feels his ribs. That fucking hurt! And his hands, just how he managed to do that...? But he has no time to worry about that.

"Well fuck you then and fuck your forest!" he yells.

Gather aspect of Heat from the air (not from burning treant if Sarrak is faster than me) and BURN the bear! All essences in.

"Hey you mage there! Wanna burn down a forest with me?" Ishin asks Kahel.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2014, 10:12:03 am by AoshimaMichio »
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #679 on: November 13, 2014, 04:32:30 pm »

"Grundar, kill them."

Order Grundar to kill them.
Fill their hearts with scar tissue. Should be just at easy as the lungs, but much quicker. Use a healing essense.
Get back in my mech.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Crimson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #680 on: November 13, 2014, 05:45:54 pm »

Pray to the Gods of Creation... then create three force essences.

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #681 on: November 13, 2014, 07:09:52 pm »

"Um, sorry? Burn the forest?"

Startled Kahel paused for a moment, then, finally noticing the raged nature servants following his new acquaintance, signed:

"Well, suppose glacier has to wait..."

Change the temperature of the...treant to a whooping 400°. Or more. (Ranged, +3/+3 from three general essences and +1/0).

((I assume that Kahel raises/drops temperature very fast, but not instantly. If you think that speeding process up requires additional penalty - so be it. I also assume that I can't go over ~-100° or ~600° without heavy penalties.))

Oh. Would overhitting spell CMP set the whole forest ablaze?))
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #682 on: November 13, 2014, 07:35:08 pm »

((@XXXXYYYY Never speak abaut the spell you want to cast, lest the GM nerfs it. "Massive" mod does not stack like that, but any exsess POT will increase the radius (if aplicable). Superspells are 20/20 base at the moment.

@Beirus It has psychic afinity, but it won;t be able to understand complex commands. You messed it up good.

@Sarrak It might. Depends on POT. Also, when you heat/cool without specified temperature limit, it will change depending on POT, so you can reach insane temperatures without uber requirements. It comes with chosing an afinity that doesn't realy has many options.))

The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #683 on: November 13, 2014, 07:41:14 pm »

((So I don't need to fix it, I just need to find a new mind to put in the body? I can do that.))

((Also, @XXXXYYYY: GM nerfs everything. It's best to not even think about what you're doing until you do it.  :P))

XXXXYYYY

• Bay Watcher
  • Been a long time.
    • View Profile
« Reply #684 on: November 13, 2014, 07:45:55 pm »

((@XXXXYYYY Never speak about the spell you want to cast, lest the GM nerfs it. "Massive" mod does not stack like that, but any excess POT will increase the radius (if applicable). Superspells are 20/20 base at the moment.))
((Ah, thanks. It's not that insane, but the name isn't actually giving much away. There are far better words for what I plan, but eh? watev))
((Anyway..))
"I will assist you, acquaintance. Just leave him alive. Test subjects are always good. So is biomass, for that matter. But living is better than dead. Less... mess later on."
Etszu Lifewarps the person who attacked James at range(-1), causing their limbs to reform. Badly. (And painfully, as it is with Fleshwarping.)
"Goodnight." He says to his target, if successful.
((Also, this pain when reforming is gonna suck for everyone involved with Warping. Poor Haxes. Not gonna stop me using it.))
« Last Edit: November 15, 2014, 08:50:02 pm by XXXXYYYY »

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #685 on: November 13, 2014, 07:50:32 pm »

((Ah, I forgot. The hexes are something ~100m across. And I do not nerf everything, just insta-win spells.))

XXXXYYYY

• Bay Watcher
  • Been a long time.
    • View Profile
« Reply #686 on: November 13, 2014, 07:53:19 pm »

((Ah, I forgot. The hexes are something ~100m across. And I do not nerf everything, just insta-win spells.))
((Ah, cool. Time for plotting. He he he. But yeah, steering clear from those. It wouldn't be Fun if I didn't!))

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #687 on: November 13, 2014, 07:59:48 pm »

((Lies! Only like half the things I PMed you about were instant win spells. The rest were just obscenely abusable.  :P))

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #688 on: November 14, 2014, 10:13:36 am »

"Thanks man!".

((Action edited slightly.))
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

XXXXYYYY

• Bay Watcher
  • Been a long time.
    • View Profile
« Reply #689 on: November 15, 2014, 08:52:10 pm »

((Clarified action.))
((Yess... Possible test subject. Don't kill him yet.))
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 506