Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should freshly entering mages be given +10/+10 worth of random essences?

Yes
- 19 (46.3%)
No
- 9 (22%)
It should be more than that
- 6 (14.6%)
It should be less than that
- 7 (17.1%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Pages: 1 ... 450 451 [452] 453 454 ... 506

Author Topic: Roll to Magic: Turn 268 The finish line  (Read 1182111 times)

Zormod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 211 Happy new year!
« Reply #6765 on: January 01, 2017, 04:33:57 pm »

Use my cube eye to look around the tower.

star2wars3

• Bay Watcher
  • Join The Dark Side!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6766 on: January 01, 2017, 05:34:50 pm »

4 essences
((Batshit evil, pessimistic neutral and clumsy good cover nearly entire spectrum. Sadly, but optimists are a rare breed, that is currently running into extinction.))
((That tends to happen when you're optimistic enough to wait out the apocalypse. I wish them plenty of luck, but chances are they'll need it.))

DAPARROT

• Bay Watcher
  • More parrots
    • View Profile
« Reply #6767 on: January 02, 2017, 11:18:09 pm »

continue the ritual
I should probably introduce the actual plot soon
7/11 guy, bringer of the apocabeepse. Uplifter of threads. Herald of the hive.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6768 on: January 03, 2017, 03:13:58 pm »

3 more Essences.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

vishdafish

• Bay Watcher
  • Look at me grow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6769 on: January 03, 2017, 04:35:43 pm »

5 more essence

XXXXYYYY

• Bay Watcher
  • Been a long time.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6770 on: January 04, 2017, 05:06:30 pm »

Four essences
Oooooooo. I know. ClF3. That should be a fun surprise.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6771 on: January 04, 2017, 08:27:16 pm »

Turn 212

Get that undead hydra moving properly. Redrum's already wasted far too much time and power on it, so just blast it with whatever non-chaotic essences he's got left, in the hope that this will work. Once that's done, gather some pieces of decayed root and remains from that zombie which the hydra tore apart (to be used as ritual sacrifices) and make an essence. If the hydra has been freed and mobilised successfully, and there are no further mishaps, mount the beast and head deeper into the swamp.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Redrum blasted struggling undead hydra with more necrotic energy, allowing it to finally break free from the mud and plantlife. It stood ready to do battle, and although it was certainly big and tough, there were still some problems. Most of necrotic energy it had was spent just luging around the weight, leaving hydra slow, and if the struggle out of mud was any indication, weak.

Doktor Diabolical:

"NOPE NOPE NOPE! This is not happening!"

Doktor Diabolical gets the heck out of dem skiis! If that succeeds, he checks on the progress of the fire extinguishing robot, then makes 4 Robots essences.

There was only so far lab safety can be taken by an even insane scientist. Doktor took his rocket sleds off and walked over to the dug out pit to inspect the progress. The fires were gone and dirt was covered by a light layer of snow. The creature, whatever it was, collapsed the tunnel behind it, leaving no clear way to chase. Hopefully, it won't return anytime soon.

Four essences

Gambler calmly conjured some extra power. The previous close shave haunted him still, but another mistake brought him back to here and now. This one was thankfully minor and failed to manifest in any particularly noticeable way.

5 more essence

Easter continued gathering power, his armor now completely restored. There was some obstruction as one essence spontaneously combusted into wasps which atempted to eat his wings, but that was not particularly important. They couldn't do damage faster than it was repaired.

3 more Essences.

Magus continued focusing. He had gathered a lot of power by now, but power was one of those things that you can't really have too much of. Although it could be the time to convert it into more instantly usable form.

4 essences

Skeliborn collected some power and considered the sword his ally wielded. It was a fantastic weapon, of course, but it did have a flaw. That being, it provided very little in a way of defense. The blade, more than anything before, would make Chorkinaan a target, meaning great danger and great opportunities in the future.

Use my cube eye to look around the tower.

Cuberac sent out his diamond eye to scout ahead through the Tower. There was not that much to be seen besides Viznor messing with alchemy and Ao poking a stone door. There was little of immediate interest. Although the smithy was strangely cut up, indicating the possibility that some of the blades between Skeliborn and Chorkinaan were quite unusual.

continue the ritual

It is said that when a phoenix hatches, their egg explodes with force enough to level buildings, and from the ensuing flame the mythical bird forms. This was not an explosion as described by the myth, but it did blow up a decent part of a wall and embed Seva into the floor with some serious burns. Both the wall and Seva began healing almost immediately, but it was an effective lesson about proper safeguards nonetheless.

Spoiler: Map (click to show/hide)
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 212 The first explosion
« Reply #6772 on: January 04, 2017, 08:28:40 pm »

Spent too long playing with friends, PM's come tomorrow. Maybe even early tomorrow.
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6773 on: January 04, 2017, 10:02:08 pm »

Doktor Diabolical:

"Well okay then! Hopefully the blasted thing will stay away. Now then... to escalation!"

In preparation for a ritual, Doktor Diabolical converts(0, he's working with pre-existing matter as opposed to creation) one of the piles of robot parts into a robot that can craft metal into robot parts(-1?) and obeys his orders(-1). The spell is aided by 2 +1 CMP essences, a +2 POT essence, and a +1 POT essence. He then makes 2 robots essences.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Zormod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6774 on: January 05, 2017, 04:22:13 pm »

Recall my cube eye and prepare to head back to the geyser fields.

star2wars3

• Bay Watcher
  • Join The Dark Side!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6775 on: January 05, 2017, 07:09:18 pm »

4 Essences
((Batshit evil, pessimistic neutral and clumsy good cover nearly entire spectrum. Sadly, but optimists are a rare breed, that is currently running into extinction.))
((That tends to happen when you're optimistic enough to wait out the apocalypse. I wish them plenty of luck, but chances are they'll need it.))

DAPARROT

• Bay Watcher
  • More parrots
    • View Profile
« Reply #6776 on: January 05, 2017, 07:31:37 pm »

((did i lose the ritual? It looks like I didn't since the power is still listed))
If so, continue the ritual, boost with 2 +1/+2 essences and a +1/+1 essence

Essence roulette, stop when one collapses

« Last Edit: January 05, 2017, 07:50:49 pm by DAPARROT »
I should probably introduce the actual plot soon
7/11 guy, bringer of the apocabeepse. Uplifter of threads. Herald of the hive.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6777 on: January 05, 2017, 07:35:40 pm »

((did i lose the ritual? It looks like I didn't since the power is still listed))
If so, continue the ritual, boost with 2 +1/+2 essences and a +1/+1 essence

{You did, the numbers are there so that you'd know how large the explosion was}

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6778 on: January 06, 2017, 04:37:30 am »

Three more Essences?
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

ironsnake345

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOMAIN:REFERENCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6779 on: January 06, 2017, 04:44:25 am »

Well, that's enough property damage for now. Results are sadly inconclusive, except for the fact that this sword is fucking incredible and is quite deserving of its name. Anyway, unless you'd like me to stick around for something, I'm gonna go look for somebody. Not to murder, mind you.

Chorkinaan makes 3 essences whilst exploring the tower in search of Viznor. I'm going to reverse engineer this damn sword's morphing material one way or another!
I think I just retroactively murdered a less lucky version of myself from a parallel universe. Also do I still have a baguette?
Are my memes dank enough for you?
Thanks to the internet-cromancer, my internet has been revived. I'm back, baby!
Pages: 1 ... 450 451 [452] 453 454 ... 506