Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should freshly entering mages be given +10/+10 worth of random essences?

Yes
- 19 (46.3%)
No
- 9 (22%)
It should be more than that
- 6 (14.6%)
It should be less than that
- 7 (17.1%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Pages: 1 ... 457 458 [459] 460 461 ... 506

Author Topic: Roll to Magic: Turn 268 The finish line  (Read 1182933 times)

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 216 Porridge of doom
« Reply #6870 on: January 30, 2017, 02:44:53 pm »

[glow=yellow]Shall we start then? I would prefer it if my armor had the property to damage the attacker...[/glow]
If Viznor starts making the armor, Easter Sunday uses +5 +5 non chaotic essence to help.
If not, he imbues more power with any chaotic essence into the eggs

((You're a bit short on CMP essences there. Which is to say, not enough to get more than +4 CMP on your armor, and I'd like the "off" mages (including myself) to use essences worth at least +2+2 to ensure low rolls don't send effort down the drain.

I could probably throw a few essences into my cloak and then let you draw from it, since I have a decent supply. Would like to get repayed when you have more, though. That OK to you?))

"Very well."

First things first, use the yes/no book to confirm that nobody (including me) is cheating anybody else or messing with spells. Assuming things check out, move onwards.

Create armor of solid binding. Specifically, the binding of force. Improve this functionality with a knowledge system that will strategically release the captured force in order to harm the attacker. Use two knowledge essences +1+1 on the spell. Don't summon it onto my body or anything, but keep it in my inventory until we can actually exchange the stuff.

May or may not edit in essence transfer shenanigans.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2017, 02:47:56 pm by Whisperling »

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 217 The most delicate ax
« Reply #6871 on: January 30, 2017, 11:06:36 pm »

Turn 218

"Yes, I know about that. Can you find me something I don't know about?"

Send the bird to go look for treasure, avoiding other mages, make 3 essences

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Seva sent out his treasure bird to look for treasure. On one hand, the result proved that it worked. On another, the library was a treasure already found. The tower was not the best place to look for unclaimed treasure, there were too many mages here claiming it all.

Doktor Diabolical:

"Almost there..."

Using 3 +1/+1 essences and a +2 POT essence, Doktor creates(-1) a robot that obeys his orders(-1) and can transmute materials into metal(-1).

One great way to make metals out of other stuff was atomic reconstructor. The trouble with atomic reconstructor was that it was one step above in energy after fusion reactor. This one was... leaking. It could handle the temperature. Probably. Or it would explode violently three seconds after turning on.

{Defective Atomic reconstructor(metal). Can change stuff into metals. Has 1/3 chance to explode violently on activation.}

Go back to searching for the original.

Cuberac returned to his search for the black cube, but once more found nothing but sand and rocks. There was something else there too though. Something was moving the ground, digging through it at great speed. And judging from it's direction and that swift turn, it had just found Cuberac.

Three Essences.

Magus N.A. continued meditating.

3 blades (3 spells)

Skeliborn decided that the thing this situation required was more sharp edges. A large scimitar appeared, followed by a nice looking knife followed by an iron splinter. Well, two out of three wasn't bad.

3 essences. Do some stretches to pass time. (and to test out my newfound flexibility.)

Chorkinaan stretched his hands and reached his toes. Then he reached a bit past. All of his joints were very flexible now, not only those in his hands and legs. That being said, he could use his hands as whips, they were that flexible. A whole lot of torture techniques that involved bending fingers wouldn't work on him no longer either.

[glow=yellow]Shall we start then? I would prefer it if my armor had the property to damage the attacker...[/glow]
If Viznor starts making the armor, Easter Sunday uses +5 +5 non chaotic essence to help.
If not, he imbues more power with any chaotic essence into the eggs

((You're a bit short on CMP essences there. Which is to say, not enough to get more than +4 CMP on your armor, and I'd like the "off" mages (including myself) to use essences worth at least +2+2 to ensure low rolls don't send effort down the drain.

I could probably throw a few essences into my cloak and then let you draw from it, since I have a decent supply. Would like to get repayed when you have more, though. That OK to you?))

"Very well."

First things first, use the yes/no book to confirm that nobody (including me) is cheating anybody else or messing with spells. Assuming things check out, move onwards.

Create armor of solid binding. Specifically, the binding of force. Improve this functionality with a knowledge system that will strategically release the captured force in order to harm the attacker. Use two knowledge essences +1+1 on the spell. Don't summon it onto my body or anything, but keep it in my inventory until we can actually exchange the stuff.

May or may not edit in essence transfer shenanigans.

Viznor checked his book to ensure sincerity as was becoming a habit and began casting. He conjured a platemail armor of binding and just before the spell finished, Easter joined in with his contribution. The armor grew significantly, gaining chitinous details and some yelowish spikes. When the platemail fell to the ground it was large enough for Easter to wear on his living armor and seemed quite menacing.

Three essences, and use the orb to discreetly check up on any upcoming disturbances, such as the ritual outside.

Gambler looked through his crystal ball into the scene unfolding nearby. Viznor and Easter Sunday conjured a set of platemail - judging from the size for Easter. As if he needed more armor, the guy was already difficult to kill. Other than that, there wasn't anything too sinister going on, massive man eating poisonous wasp infestation aside.

Spoiler: Map (click to show/hide)
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

Zormod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 218 Stacking advantages
« Reply #6872 on: January 30, 2017, 11:14:28 pm »

Dodge the first pass, try to see what I am dealing with.

DAPARROT

• Bay Watcher
  • More parrots
    • View Profile
« Reply #6873 on: January 31, 2017, 01:03:42 am »

Fly southwest to the swamp, then send the bird to look for treasure
I should probably introduce the actual plot soon
7/11 guy, bringer of the apocabeepse. Uplifter of threads. Herald of the hive.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6874 on: January 31, 2017, 10:59:00 am »

Doktor Diabolical:

"Well, that's... well, it's not as though I'm going to use it for anything other than a sacrifice."

Doktor Diabolical sits down and initializes the aether resonance matrix using the parts cutter bot(get back here!), the factory bot, and the atomic reconstructor bot as sacrifices.

Intended effect: create(-1) a huge(-2) robot that creates other robots with a three-step process: first, it transmutes the materials it is given into metals(?, might be covered by sacrifice), then shapes the metals into robot parts(?, same), then assembles robots from them(?, same) according to Doktor Diabolical's orders(-1). Also, all robots created by it automatically obey Doktor Diabolical's orders(-?).
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

star2wars3

• Bay Watcher
  • Join The Dark Side!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6875 on: February 01, 2017, 07:26:17 pm »

1 semi-aetherial blade
((Batshit evil, pessimistic neutral and clumsy good cover nearly entire spectrum. Sadly, but optimists are a rare breed, that is currently running into extinction.))
((That tends to happen when you're optimistic enough to wait out the apocalypse. I wish them plenty of luck, but chances are they'll need it.))

ironsnake345

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOMAIN:REFERENCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6876 on: February 01, 2017, 08:35:51 pm »

3 essences, clean up the mess I made in the forge.
I think I just retroactively murdered a less lucky version of myself from a parallel universe. Also do I still have a baguette?
Are my memes dank enough for you?
Thanks to the internet-cromancer, my internet has been revived. I'm back, baby!

XXXXYYYY

• Bay Watcher
  • Been a long time.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6877 on: February 01, 2017, 08:47:43 pm »

Just 4 more essences.
Oooooooo. I know. ClF3. That should be a fun surprise.

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6878 on: February 02, 2017, 12:33:10 am »

((I'll go ahead and set the spell up, because why not)).

Already checked the book for this trade, so I think we're good on that front.

Create a talisman which gives the wearer the dexterity and speed of an insect. Gun for at least +1 to each (more if possible). If I could get more dex by dropping speed, I'd gladly do so.

Viznor helps with five knowledge essences +1+1.

I'd like Easter use essences worth at least +2+2, to ensure success and because that's what I did for his. Throw him an extra CMP essence through the cloak, if need be (and assuming I can do that).

When the spell is completed, I suppose we each start wearing our respective items instead of leaving them on the floor.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2017, 12:39:19 am by Whisperling »

vishdafish

• Bay Watcher
  • Look at me grow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6879 on: February 02, 2017, 04:26:33 am »

Create a talisman which gives the wearer the dexterity and speed of an insect. Gun for at least +1 to each (more if possible). If I could get more dex by dropping speed, I'd gladly do so.

I'd like Easter use essences worth at least +2+2, to ensure success and because that's what I did for his. Throw him an extra CMP essence through the cloak, if need be (and assuming I can do that).

When the spell is completed, I suppose we each start wearing our respective items instead of leaving them on the floor.

Easter Sunday aids with the spell, using lesser blood magic and +1+1 essence.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6880 on: February 02, 2017, 08:51:52 pm »

Turn 219

Dodge the first pass, try to see what I am dealing with.

Cuberac waited patiently as the rumble approached him. At the last moment he backfliped backwards and landed just far away to see a massive worm break through the ground in the place where he recently stood. As tiny stones fell all around Cuberac had a few moments to take attention to details, namely that the worm was about large enough to swallow his leg whole but it had a sharp beak on it's front that could impale him if he ever failed to dodge it.

Fly southwest to the swamp, then send the bird to look for treasure

Seva left the wizard oversaturated Tower and flew off towards the swamps. Sunken treasure was the one most likely to remain unclaimed after long amounts of time after all. Looking at a sharp edge poking out of wet dirt on which the treasure bird perched, Seva began to understand why the treasure was unclaimed. Digging out whatever this was out of the muck would be a chore.

Doktor Diabolical:

"Well, that's... well, it's not as though I'm going to use it for anything other than a sacrifice."

Doktor Diabolical sits down and initializes the aether resonance matrix using the parts cutter bot(get back here!), the factory bot, and the atomic reconstructor bot as sacrifices.

Intended effect: create(-1) a huge(-2) robot that creates other robots with a three-step process: first, it transmutes the materials it is given into metals(?, might be covered by sacrifice), then shapes the metals into robot parts(?, same), then assembles robots from them(?, same) according to Doktor Diabolical's orders(-1). Also, all robots created by it automatically obey Doktor Diabolical's orders(-?).

{I get a feeling that you might not be entirely clear on ritual rules. For one, there aren't any maluses, there is only increase in minimum required power. Also, it takes some turns.}

Doktor ordered his cutter bot back and began his work as soon as it returned. Alone, these bots were not overly impressive, but they could be remade into something greater and far more respectable. As soon as drones were captured by the spell, the form began shaping but it was going slow. Maybe he should had put up some black candles, just for aesthetic purpose, obviously, no rituals here.

1 semi-aetherial blade

Skeliborn noticed that he was lacking in a certain matter. He had no way to cut ghosts on him. Swiftly, he conjured an ethereal blade, or at least, attempted to. What actually appeared was more akin to a knife with some really strange bends that Skeliborn couldn't pick up. This thing was entirely ethereal.

3 essences, clean up the mess I made in the forge.

Chorkinaan carefully put away the cleaved apart dummies and other assorted broken parts scattered around the smithy. There were no replacements here so that would have to do. Well, aside form some weapon racks, nothing of real value was lost. It wasn't too bad.

Easter Sunday aids with the spell, using lesser blood magic and +1+1 essence.

{vishdafish, please look at what kind of essences you have. You had 0 +1/+1 essences, +1/+2 was used instead}

Viznor and Easter focused on the second part of the deal, forging an amulet of swiftness. They pooled their magical power and this time result was considerably smaller but still contained great magical power. The amulet itself was a stylized wasp in a hexagon, and was made of black and yellow chitin.

{Amulet of swiftness +1DEX +1SPD. Will also give one DEX reroll per turn if Whisperling can explain how Knowledge affinity was relevant here. Also, essences retain their affinity while in cloak.}

Just 4 more essences.

Gambler continued focusing his power and this time he was visited by extra fortune. One of his essences escaped into the walls, revealing in a glint of a coin spinning through the air, just for a moment, a great secret. Name of the Goddess of Luck. Probably not the name of the Goddess of Luck, as she was a particularly powerful one, but that would be enough to call forth a random effect to happen to anyone in hearing range.

« Last Edit: February 06, 2017, 01:45:52 pm by DreamerGhost »
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 219 Beckoners of apocalypse
« Reply #6881 on: February 02, 2017, 11:58:36 pm »

((I was aware of the fact that a ritual takes multiple turns, but not of the fact that complexity generates minimum power instead of maluses. Thanks.))

Doktor Diabolical:

"Blast. This is going to take a while."

Doktor Diabolical continues the aether resonance matrix, and throws in all of his current essences, assuming he can handle that.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6882 on: February 03, 2017, 12:17:55 am »

{Amulet of swiftness +1DEX +1SPD. Will also give one DEX reroll per turn if Whisperling can explain how Knowledge affinity was relevant here. Also, essences retain their affinity while in cloak.}

((Dexterity (the way it's used in RTD, anyway) does actually have a lot to do with prediction. Knowing where exactly your opponent will be or when a projectile would hit are important while aiming and dodging, for one.

Of course, even less prediction-dependent actions could benefit from instinctive knowledge of where and how to place your fingers/other body parts.))

"It was a pleasure to do business, master of wasps. This charm will be of great use to me, and I trust that you will find your armor similarly valuable."

With that, Viznor walks into a nearby wall, ethereal string noisily dragging itself behind him. PM action afterwards.

TheLastDino

• Bay Watcher
  • Prefers not to die.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6883 on: February 03, 2017, 07:31:44 am »

(Sorry about my inactiveness.)

Use two of my essences to upgrade the axe. Afterwards, find out what's wrong with the grey goo.
"If magic can't solve a problem, the answer is always more magic." - Whisperling

Zormod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6884 on: February 03, 2017, 04:36:13 pm »

Try using the bladecubes to sever that beak.
Pages: 1 ... 457 458 [459] 460 461 ... 506