Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should freshly entering mages be given +10/+10 worth of random essences?

Yes
- 19 (46.3%)
No
- 9 (22%)
It should be more than that
- 6 (14.6%)
It should be less than that
- 7 (17.1%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Pages: 1 ... 458 459 [460] 461 462 ... 506

Author Topic: Roll to Magic: Turn 268 The finish line  (Read 1183223 times)

vishdafish

• Bay Watcher
  • Look at me grow.
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 219 Beckoners of apocalypse
« Reply #6885 on: February 05, 2017, 09:45:12 am »

Easter Sunday wears his new armor. He then makes 4 essence.

star2wars3

• Bay Watcher
  • Join The Dark Side!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6886 on: February 05, 2017, 10:29:25 am »

Prepare for the ritual:
Arrange the rainbow blades in a circle surrounding the anvil.
Place the Rapier, Shortsword, Scimitar, and blade of purification in another circle aligned with the aetherial knife so as to complete the ritual circle.
3 essences while waiting for Chorkinaan to finish any other things he needs to finish.
((Batshit evil, pessimistic neutral and clumsy good cover nearly entire spectrum. Sadly, but optimists are a rare breed, that is currently running into extinction.))
((That tends to happen when you're optimistic enough to wait out the apocalypse. I wish them plenty of luck, but chances are they'll need it.))

ironsnake345

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOMAIN:REFERENCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6887 on: February 05, 2017, 12:36:25 pm »

Oh, it's time to get started? Perfect!

Since it seems the ritual isn't starting quiiiiiite yet, 3 essences.
I think I just retroactively murdered a less lucky version of myself from a parallel universe. Also do I still have a baguette?
Are my memes dank enough for you?
Thanks to the internet-cromancer, my internet has been revived. I'm back, baby!

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6888 on: February 05, 2017, 02:26:09 pm »

Three more essences.

I have no idea what I'm doing.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

XXXXYYYY

• Bay Watcher
  • Been a long time.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6889 on: February 05, 2017, 02:38:16 pm »

Go fetch the lucky chair and use it. Then, make three essences.
Oooooooo. I know. ClF3. That should be a fun surprise.

DAPARROT

• Bay Watcher
  • More parrots
    • View Profile
« Reply #6890 on: February 05, 2017, 05:31:24 pm »

look for some wood(loose or on a tree) and some grasses or vines, use my claws to cut and shape wood and make a crude shovel
I should probably introduce the actual plot soon
7/11 guy, bringer of the apocabeepse. Uplifter of threads. Herald of the hive.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6891 on: February 06, 2017, 07:34:49 pm »

Turn 220

((I was aware of the fact that a ritual takes multiple turns, but not of the fact that complexity generates minimum power instead of maluses. Thanks.))

Doktor Diabolical:

"Blast. This is going to take a while."

Doktor Diabolical continues the aether resonance matrix, and throws in all of his current essences, assuming he can handle that.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Not wanting to stay here all day, Doktor surged all power he could into the resonance matrix. Ghostly imprints of parts rose form the sacrifices and began joining in the main circle. Already it had grown larger than the three devices combined, although it was still not finished.

(Sorry about my inactiveness.)

Use two of my essences to upgrade the axe. Afterwards, find out what's wrong with the grey goo.

{It's alright. Essences have different values, it's better to specify which you want to use. +1/+1 and +2/+2 were used.}

Markus was unsatisfied with low toughness of his weapon, it would be very inconvenient if it broke in the middle of combat. With that in mind, he activated the nanobots in the ax, if a piece broke off, repairing would be as simple as making the broken pieces touch, the nanobots would flow back into proper shape themselves. With ax done, Markus began prodding his gray goo. It seemed to be working actually, it managed to eat one of his hairs entirely fine. But it could not use whatever this purple stuff the Tower was made out of.

Try using the bladecubes to sever that beak.

Cuberac swiftly retaliated and sent his swarm of bladecubes against this strange worm. He targeted the main weapon, the tri-section beak that the worm used as it's main weapon. This proved less than a great idea, as all cubes bounced off the hard shell, one even shattering on impact. The worm swiftly retreated back underground and began burrowing towards Cuberac again.

Easter Sunday wears his new armor. He then makes 4 essence.

Easter put on his new armor. It fit like a glove, albeit made of extra hard metal and chitin hybrid. It would be very hard to injure him significantly while wearing this, although it had a flaw in that it had no gaps for wings, meaning that as long as he wore this he would be unable to fly. Well, with this armor he also had a few less reasons to fly.

Prepare for the ritual:
Arrange the rainbow blades in a circle surrounding the anvil.
Place the Rapier, Shortsword, Scimitar, and blade of purification in another circle aligned with the aetherial knife so as to complete the ritual circle.
3 essences while waiting for Chorkinaan to finish any other things he needs to finish.

Skeliborn carefully placed Rapier down and aligned it with untouchable aether knife. Some things had to be moved for proper alignment, the heavy anvil included. It would had been so much easier if only that damn dagger could had been moved. But he needed it and thus some anvil moving had to be involved.

Oh, it's time to get started? Perfect!

Since it seems the ritual isn't starting quiiiiiite yet, 3 essences.

Chorkinaan watched as Skeliborn spread out his collection of swords, taking up most of space in the smithy. There were some interesting items here, and enough sharp edges to equip world's biggest blender.

Three more essences.

I have no idea what I'm doing.

{Might I suggest killing someone? It will give you all kinds of great ideas as to what to do.}

Magus N.A. continued meditating.

Go fetch the lucky chair and use it. Then, make three essences.

Gambler returned to his throne and spoke the Name. The chair immediately activated and spat out an orange. It was not particularly exceptional, at least not in any ways Gambler could detect. So it did work. And no gods came to complain yet, so it was working quite well for now.

look for some wood(loose or on a tree) and some grasses or vines, use my claws to cut and shape wood and make a crude shovel

There is little wood in a swamp that isn't thoroughly rotten but Seva managed to find a tree that was slightly less dead than others here. Carving with sharp claws was not exactly easy, but not too hard either. At the end, Seva had a perfectly functional shovel.

Spoiler: Map (click to show/hide)
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

DAPARROT

• Bay Watcher
  • More parrots
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 220 Merchants and Smiths
« Reply #6892 on: February 06, 2017, 08:08:42 pm »

Dig up the thing, make 2 essences if i have time
I should probably introduce the actual plot soon
7/11 guy, bringer of the apocabeepse. Uplifter of threads. Herald of the hive.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6893 on: February 06, 2017, 08:12:18 pm »

Doktor Diabolical:

"Note to self: essences are useful in aether resonance matrixes. Should have made more beforehand. Maybe make a robot to make essences for me..."

Aether resonance matrix continues. If it won't disrupt the ritual, Doktor Diabolical also mentally plans out a robot that makes essences.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

TheLastDino

• Bay Watcher
  • Prefers not to die.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6894 on: February 06, 2017, 10:50:55 pm »

Markus says 'serfdom' before picking up the gray goo. Then, he drops the gray goo outside and says 'emancipation'. Then, make 3 more essences.
"If magic can't solve a problem, the answer is always more magic." - Whisperling

star2wars3

• Bay Watcher
  • Join The Dark Side!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6895 on: February 07, 2017, 06:23:56 am »

@Chorkinaan
I will message you the ritual details when I get home from school
((Batshit evil, pessimistic neutral and clumsy good cover nearly entire spectrum. Sadly, but optimists are a rare breed, that is currently running into extinction.))
((That tends to happen when you're optimistic enough to wait out the apocalypse. I wish them plenty of luck, but chances are they'll need it.))

ironsnake345

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOMAIN:REFERENCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6896 on: February 07, 2017, 03:02:46 pm »

Take part in Skelliborn's mysterious and loopholey ritual.
I think I just retroactively murdered a less lucky version of myself from a parallel universe. Also do I still have a baguette?
Are my memes dank enough for you?
Thanks to the internet-cromancer, my internet has been revived. I'm back, baby!

Zormod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6897 on: February 07, 2017, 03:51:27 pm »

Ready my dimension step dagger and avoid getting impaled.

star2wars3

• Bay Watcher
  • Join The Dark Side!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6898 on: February 07, 2017, 06:09:51 pm »

The Ritual: To Make A Set Of Good Armor With Flight Capabilities
Chorkinaan's Sacrifices: (3 of the blades used to make the magic circle)
star2wars3's Sacrifices: (The Other 3 Sets of blades)

star2wars3's role in the ritual: Build A Jetpack Into The Armor by using propeller blades as engines
and Block Magic attacks using semi-aetherial blade barrier that forms in front of where attacks form.
Chorkinaan's role in the ritual: Block Physical Damage/ Increase Strength to the armor components using physicality.

star2wars3 Essence Usage this turn:

5,  +1/+1 Essences

XXXXYYYY

• Bay Watcher
  • Been a long time.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6899 on: February 08, 2017, 03:42:40 pm »

((@DG: Is there a reason I only got +2 LUCK during the chair use (EDIT: not counting the Tower field)? Is the +3 ring not activating?))
Enchant one of the coins to increase the chance of the owner's rituals giving strong and beneficial results. Use a +1/+2 essence, two chaotic +2/+1 essences, and a +1 POT essence.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2017, 04:05:05 pm by XXXXYYYY »
Oooooooo. I know. ClF3. That should be a fun surprise.
Pages: 1 ... 458 459 [460] 461 462 ... 506