Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should freshly entering mages be given +10/+10 worth of random essences?

Yes
- 19 (46.3%)
No
- 9 (22%)
It should be more than that
- 6 (14.6%)
It should be less than that
- 7 (17.1%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 506

Author Topic: Roll to Magic: Turn 268 The finish line  (Read 1163614 times)

XXXXYYYY

• Bay Watcher
  • Been a long time.
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 41 Spartacus mechanicus
« Reply #690 on: November 18, 2014, 03:24:20 pm »

Bump
Oooooooo. I know. ClF3. That should be a fun surprise.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #691 on: November 18, 2014, 08:01:51 pm »

Wait, it has been a week already? Goddamn it beer, I trusted you. Update incoming within 12 hours.
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #692 on: November 19, 2014, 06:21:55 am »

Turn 42

Two more aether essences.

Pray to the Gods of Creation... then create three force essences.

CMP [3+1=4]
POT [5+1=6]
CMP [3]
POT [4]

CMP [3+1=4]
POT [1+1=2]
CMP [1]
POT [4]
CMP [4+1-2=3]
POT [5+1-2=4]

Duo continued pooling their powers. A prayer to gods of creation was left unanswered.

Ishin stands up and feels his ribs. That fucking hurt! And his hands, just how he managed to do that...? But he has no time to worry about that.

"Well fuck you then and fuck your forest!" he yells.

Gather aspect of Heat from the air (not from burning treant if Sarrak is faster than me) and BURN the bear! All essences in.

"Hey you mage there! Wanna burn down a forest with me?" Ishin asks Kahel.

"Um, sorry? Burn the forest?"

Startled Kahel paused for a moment, then, finally noticing the raged nature servants following his new acquaintance, signed:

"Well, suppose glacier has to wait..."

Change the temperature of the...treant to a whooping 400°. Or more. (Ranged, +3/+3 from three general essences and +1/0).

SPD [5] vs [5+1=6] vs [3] vs [6]

SPD [2] vs DEX [6]
CMP [6+1+3+1-1=10]
POT [6+3+1=10]

END [6]
END [6]
END [5]

Bear and Kahel were first to react, bestial instinct and wiardly insight rivaling eachother in reaction speeds. Bear atempted to maul Ishin, still angry abaut it's suden voice loss, but mage easily dodged clumsy paw strikes by taking a step back right into some tree branches. Kahel meanwhile focused on incoming treant. Changing temperature was not a dificult spell by anyones standarts, many wiards actualy used it to heat their lunch. Yet it did not make it any less deadly.

With a flash, treant turned into smoldering charchoal statue of itself, as suden blaze ate up all the oxygen in the area and released carbon dioxyde in explosive ammounts. Kahel was taken off his feet, falling flat on his back and remaining not much worse for wear. Bear just fell flat on it's stomach and sufered no damage from the blast. Ishin, tangled in branches faced full power of explosion, suffering some face burns, although his robes protected the rest of his boddy.
{Oxygen scarse in the area. -1 To physical rolls}

"Grundar, kill them."

Order Grundar to kill them.
Fill their hearts with scar tissue. Should be just at easy as the lungs, but much quicker. Use a healing essense.
Get back in my mech.

"I will assist you, acquaintance. Just leave him alive. Test subjects are always good. So is biomass, for that matter. But living is better than dead. Less... mess later on."
Etszu Lifewarps the person who attacked James at range(-1), causing their limbs to reform. Badly. (And painfully, as it is with Fleshwarping.)

Spoiler: Many rolls (click to show/hide)

Abnightus pressed a random button on the glass cube and it transformed into a glass pyramid. Not wanting to experiement further with very dangerous oponents nearby he rushed and tacled James to the ground. Yet this suden change of positure with a body he was not yet used to rendered his strikes puny and James was left unharmed. Grundar jumped to help his master and bashed Abnightus in the head, weight and enchantment of mace rendering techpriest unconcious.

James atempted to kill Abnightus for good by rendering his heart useless, but his spell failed to find the organ buried so deep inside flesh, away from the eyes of mage, and created a large unsightly scar on techpriests chest. Plans to run towards his mech were thwarted by weight of unconcious body on top of him. Haxes, not wanting to give any time to the newly arived potential ally of sorceror they tried to kill, stabed Etszu in the chest, his absurdly sharp stick piercing through skin and half of a rib. Fleshwarper, taken by unexpected pain could not retaliate.

The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 42 The meaning of life (It's battle)
« Reply #693 on: November 19, 2014, 09:42:41 am »

Heal Etszu.
Escape from under Abnightus using the staff for leverage.
Get the glass weapon, try to form something useful, and attack any traitorous techpriests who are still fighting.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #694 on: November 19, 2014, 10:21:16 am »

"A bit too much power, don't you think?"

Condense aspect of Heat from the air into the bear! All essences in.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #695 on: November 19, 2014, 03:23:06 pm »

Another two aether essences. And maybe a prayer to the god of the Aether if there is one.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #696 on: November 19, 2014, 03:50:34 pm »

"Kah.. Seems so..."

Wait for bearroasting to occur. If, somehow, my fellow mage fails - freeze bear's brain by applying -60° to its head (use chaotic and normal essence). Otherwise, get up, dust off - and create two essences to restock.

((You forgot to subtract used essences from my profile. Not that I mind, but still...
Also, may I suggest moving essences to their own column? Now they simply clutter the inventory))
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

XXXXYYYY

• Bay Watcher
  • Been a long time.
    • View Profile
« Reply #697 on: November 19, 2014, 04:32:15 pm »

"Thanks, acquaintance."
Etszu Lifewarps the person who attacked him, causing their limbs to warp back into their body.
If the attacker is incapacitated, Etszu chuckles and smiles, charging another FW essence.
Oooooooo. I know. ClF3. That should be a fun surprise.

Crimson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #698 on: November 20, 2014, 08:59:34 pm »

Still pooling power. Three force essences for this round.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #699 on: November 25, 2014, 03:24:00 am »

Turn 43

"Thanks, acquaintance."
Etszu Lifewarps the person who attacked him, causing their limbs to warp back into their body.
If the attacker is incapacitated, Etszu chuckles and smiles, charging another FW essence.
Spoiler: rolls (click to show/hide)

Haxes, having dealt with one wizard turned back to kill another. Even pined under a body, James managed to dodge the clumsy attacks and throw Abnightus off using the staff as leverage. Just as he roled out of reach of Haxes, healer used his power to repair damage done to Etszu and grabed onto the glass pyramid. A button press made a long column of glass extend from the base of the pyraamid, making it look like a spear with heaily oversized spearhead. Undetered by it's look, James stabed Haxes in the stomach, techpriest doubling over in pain.

Etszu threw a retaliation spell at Haxes, extremely angry for the pain he had caused. But just as he pointed his hand forward to guide the spell, Haxes doubled over from spear wound, and the spell meant for techpriest hit Grundar. Immedietly, both of trolls arms crushed themselves back into his body. Knowing that this is something that he would probably need to undo, Estzu made a fleshwarping essense.

"A bit too much power, don't you think?"
Condense aspect of Heat from the air into the bear! All essences in.
"Kah.. Seems so..."

Wait for bearroasting to occur. If, somehow, my fellow mage fails - freeze bear's brain by applying -60° to its head (use chaotic and normal essence). Otherwise, get up, dust off - and create two essences to restock.

SPD [6] vs [4+1=5] vs [5]
CMP [6+2=8]
POT [3+1-1=3]

CMP [1+1=2]
POT [4+1=5]
CMP [5]
POT [2]

Ishin ccondenced the heat from the immediete area, frying the bears brain. The beast just fell where it stood, it's eyes bulging out, and steam coming out from it's nose and mouth. Temperature of surounding area decreased by what felt like 10c. Kahel, not needing to wory abaut any immediete threats crafted a pair of temperature essenses.

Still pooling power. Three force essences for this round.
Another two aether essences. And maybe a prayer to the god of the Aether if there is one.

CMP [6+1=7]
POT [7+1=7]
CMP [1]
POT [2]
CMP [6+1-2=5]
POT [5+1-2=4]

{The god of dice disaproves of your heresies}
CMP [2+1=3]
POT [2+1=3]
CMP [1]
POT [2]

Crimson and Jase continued pooling power. Crimson also managedd to create an essense of exceptional power, albeit chaotic in it's nature.

Every time you pray a LUCK roll is done to determine existence of god. If the reoll passes, another is done to check if the god cares abau your prayer. You can pray any ammount of times to an existing god and get a new roll for each prayer. If god does not exist, praying does not reroll for existing. You will not be told what was rolled. There are gods in the game, on the map, hidden. Calling to them will require shards.

Shards have gained new fuction:

Shattering - you can shatter any number of shards for random results. You may get an artifact, blessing, curse, familiar, attacked by somthing, or you may triger some dormant power, say, a dormant god.

Crimson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 43 New mechanics
« Reply #700 on: November 25, 2014, 05:21:08 am »

"I'll be nearby. Need to be sure that I'm not near those obelisks when testing something."

Move near a mushroom tree so that it is in between me and the obelisks. Now, shatter one shard and see what happens.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2014, 05:22:55 am by Crimson »

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #701 on: November 25, 2014, 05:23:30 am »

"Well, with enemies out of the picture, I think introductions are obligatory. Myself, I'm Kahel the Changer, and, as you may have noticed, my specialization lies with temperature... By the way, what the hell those forest pests wanted from you?"
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #702 on: November 25, 2014, 10:13:33 am »

"The name is Ishin the Chameleon, nice to meet you. The pests... well, I just stole voice from the bear that was bothering me and for some reason the treant didn't like it. And it did make me mess up my spell..." Ishin says looking down at his hands.

Touch grass with my hands and move Plant aspect back to grass.
Travel with Kahel.

((At least I think it is Plant aspect. And I still should have Voice of Bear.))
« Last Edit: November 27, 2014, 10:46:06 am by AoshimaMichio »
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #703 on: November 25, 2014, 10:36:07 am »

"Well, failed spells plague even the best of us... What would you say about traveling this dangerous realm together for a while?"
« Last Edit: November 25, 2014, 02:46:39 pm by Sarrak »

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #704 on: November 25, 2014, 01:22:20 pm »

((Aww, you don't want to wake the God of Chaotic Obelisk Power, Crimson?))

Two more aether essences.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 506