Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should freshly entering mages be given +10/+10 worth of random essences?

Yes
- 19 (46.3%)
No
- 9 (22%)
It should be more than that
- 6 (14.6%)
It should be less than that
- 7 (17.1%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Pages: 1 ... 461 462 [463] 464 465 ... 506

Author Topic: Roll to Magic: Turn 268 The finish line  (Read 1177358 times)

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 223 Ongoing Operations
« Reply #6930 on: February 18, 2017, 01:30:58 pm »

Doktor Diabolical:

"Almost there. I hope."

You know the drill. Aether resonance matrix continues.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

DAPARROT

• Bay Watcher
  • More parrots
    • View Profile
« Reply #6931 on: February 18, 2017, 06:11:15 pm »

send the crystal phoenix in first for light, if it's safe go inside

Your crystal bird is not phoenix. The spell you used to turn it into one exploded into your face rather than work.

from turn 199:
Seva sent out his crystal bird on an attack course against Easter. After spending so long with Seva, the crystal bird had transformed into a miniature phoenix, burning like a campfire. It helped it little, as Easter dodged the bird and leapt over Seva, smacking him on the back with his stinger. It was as if he was taunting Seva, and to add to insult, birdmage could see Easter's wings beginning to regrow.

the spell that exploded was me trying to make it bigger
I should probably introduce the actual plot soon
7/11 guy, bringer of the apocabeepse. Uplifter of threads. Herald of the hive.

vishdafish

• Bay Watcher
  • Look at me grow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6932 on: February 19, 2017, 02:46:58 pm »

Easter Sunday goes northwards (taking his larvae with him), searching for flesh (dead or alive) as he walks.

XXXXYYYY

• Bay Watcher
  • Been a long time.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6933 on: February 19, 2017, 02:49:40 pm »

Three essences.
Oooooooo. I know. ClF3. That should be a fun surprise.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6934 on: February 20, 2017, 06:44:35 pm »

Turn 224

send the crystal phoenix in first for light, if it's safe go inside

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Seva sent his crystal phoenix into the darkness and watched as its flames revealed mostly mud that had somehow managed to get in without filling the structure up to the ceiling. He lowered himself down and found that there was a layer of something hard enough to walk on just beneath the mud. How nice. However, the room was otherwise empty, meaning that any potential prize would need exploring other rooms, one of which was just through an archway to the north.

Continue the ritual:

3 Chaotic blade essences +1/+1
1 Blade essences +2/+1

Continue the ritual. 3 +1 cmp essences.

There was now enough power in the ritual for effects similar to those that could be seen before Royalty was created. Another of the sacrificial blades was lost, this one bent and shattered into dust. There was something akin to scalemail flashing in the storm of edges.

Strengthen my bladecubes, and attack the worm's hide.

The worm spat a glob of something nasty again and again Cuberac dodged out of the way. He sent some more magic into his cubes and then sent them against the worm. The enchantment was rushed and of dubious effectiveness, but the worm decided to risk seeing if the tiny zipping things were edible. As the cube began blending what it could reach, the worm screeched for the first time.

Doktor Diabolical:

"Almost there. I hope."

You know the drill. Aether resonance matrix continues.

It was done. The replicator would function. It was unrefined, unpolished, with nothing to make it easy to use but it would work. If Doktor released right now, he could start on his glorious army. On the other hand, all of the sacrifices were still in place. He could continue safely and skip past the comparatively weak prototypes.

Three essences.

Gambler looked as Markus very pointedly did not turn off the nanomachines. Yes, they would not really be a problem for next few hours by which time they'd likely have either finished this matter or the whole island. Yes, a moat of what is basically intelligent acid would be very effective. Really, it could be great. It was all about wether or not you found having a mass of mater subservient to another wizard just next to the Tower.

Easter Sunday goes northwards (taking his larvae with him), searching for flesh (dead or alive) as he walks.

When there was no food left, the hive moved. That was how these things worked, although only rarely the move was done with fresh larva. Easter's increased bulk from suit and armor helped greatly to pick up all the larva and he set out north, flying over the mountains and reaching most distant of gemstone towers. The land here was strange and nothing was growing here. Huge crater was still glowing with heat to the east. There were some strange and possibly meaty creatures fighting against something skeletal not too far northeast.

Spoiler: Map (click to show/hide)
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 224 Murderers turned explorers
« Reply #6935 on: February 20, 2017, 06:46:48 pm »

People are sleeping around me and I should be too. PM's come tomorrow.
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6936 on: February 20, 2017, 08:33:45 pm »

Doktor Diabolical:

"Definitely saving more essences next time."

More power! MORE!
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

DAPARROT

• Bay Watcher
  • More parrots
    • View Profile
« Reply #6937 on: February 20, 2017, 10:53:50 pm »

proceed cautiously into the next room, phoenix goes in first.
if i find a candle/lantern/torch pick it up
I should probably introduce the actual plot soon
7/11 guy, bringer of the apocabeepse. Uplifter of threads. Herald of the hive.

star2wars3

• Bay Watcher
  • Join The Dark Side!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6938 on: February 22, 2017, 08:28:56 am »

Continue The ritual for a final turn using
Blade essence +2/+1
Blade essence +1/-1
((Batshit evil, pessimistic neutral and clumsy good cover nearly entire spectrum. Sadly, but optimists are a rare breed, that is currently running into extinction.))
((That tends to happen when you're optimistic enough to wait out the apocalypse. I wish them plenty of luck, but chances are they'll need it.))

ironsnake345

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOMAIN:REFERENCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6939 on: February 22, 2017, 11:27:50 am »

Continue ritualing! No essences this turn for me.
I think I just retroactively murdered a less lucky version of myself from a parallel universe. Also do I still have a baguette?
Are my memes dank enough for you?
Thanks to the internet-cromancer, my internet has been revived. I'm back, baby!

Zormod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6940 on: February 22, 2017, 03:29:06 pm »

Keep the bladecube inside the beast active.

vishdafish

• Bay Watcher
  • Look at me grow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6941 on: February 22, 2017, 06:29:58 pm »

Easter Sunday rushes to aid the skeletal creature, by summoning a poisonous wasp stinger, and throwing it at a meaty creature.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6942 on: February 23, 2017, 06:37:51 pm »

Turn 225

Doktor Diabolical:

"Definitely saving more essences next time."

More power! MORE!

Doktor continued pouring power, because if he was going to do this, it was worth doing it well the first time. After all, the bots it would produce would be only as good as the machine itself. Besides, nobody was here to make him hurry.

proceed cautiously into the next room, phoenix goes in first.
if i find a candle/lantern/torch pick it up

Seva looked over the next room under the light of crystal phoenix and found it to be far better preserved. The mud was still underfoot, but there was furniture here, a table with engravings, cupboards with broken jars, all of them plated with silver. The table seemed to have three circle shaped grooves cut into it, it seemed that something should had been there but was missing. Maybe they were scattered when whatever happened to this place was happening?

Continue The ritual for a final turn using
Blade essence +2/+1
Blade essence +1/-1

Continue ritualing! No essences this turn for me.

It was finished. The armor seemed to be made by bending and crisscrossing blades, skilfully keeping edges from cutting into the wearer. Several more blades rose into a collar, these were not protected and promised pain to any that would attempt to to strangle from behind. And that was important part of the armor because there were very few other ways to attack it's wearer. It was armor forged of double edged swords, it spread the metaphorical edges to any attacks upon the wearer, making them share harm. Any wound inflicted, by either spell or weapon

Spoiler: Blademail (click to show/hide)

Keep the bladecube inside the beast active.

Cuberac saw a chance and wasted no time taking it. The cube that worm had caught went into overdrive, spinning and trashing as it could, blending inside of the worm to bits. The worm shrieked again and fell to the ground, dead. Something important was hit by the cube, which itself, alas, was also broken to bits. The cube swarm was now slightly smaller.

Easter Sunday rushes to aid the skeletal creature, by summoning a poisonous wasp stinger, and throwing it at a meaty creature.

Easter rushed towards the battle lines, conjuring a poisoned stinger as he rushed. He stopped at just the right place, lifted the hand with the stinger and then dropped it on the ground as poison acted up, possibly agitated by movement. Looking at the stinger Easter noticed that it also wasn't too great for throwing, thick gland of poison on the end weighting the whole thing down rather unfortunately.

Spoiler: Map (click to show/hide)

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 225 Weapon of a martyr
« Reply #6943 on: February 23, 2017, 06:38:32 pm »

PM's early tomorrow.

star2wars3

• Bay Watcher
  • Join The Dark Side!
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 225 Weapon of a martyr
« Reply #6944 on: February 23, 2017, 06:55:48 pm »

Equip Blademail

Make 4 essences
« Last Edit: February 26, 2017, 01:44:56 pm by star2wars3 »
((Batshit evil, pessimistic neutral and clumsy good cover nearly entire spectrum. Sadly, but optimists are a rare breed, that is currently running into extinction.))
((That tends to happen when you're optimistic enough to wait out the apocalypse. I wish them plenty of luck, but chances are they'll need it.))
Pages: 1 ... 461 462 [463] 464 465 ... 506