Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should freshly entering mages be given +10/+10 worth of random essences?

Yes
- 19 (46.3%)
No
- 9 (22%)
It should be more than that
- 6 (14.6%)
It should be less than that
- 7 (17.1%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 506

Author Topic: Roll to Magic: Turn 268 The finish line  (Read 1163672 times)

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 43 New mechanics
« Reply #705 on: November 25, 2014, 02:32:57 pm »

"Don't worry Grundar, I'll have you fixed in a moment."

take the sharpened stick from Haxtes.
Charge 3 healing essenses.
If either techpriest is still fighting then stab them with the spear. If they're both incapacitated then execute them and get shards.

((Are the techpriests worth any shards?
Is it possible to use the glass weapon without a luck roll, if I'm forming a shape that I've made before and I remember the button presses?))
« Last Edit: November 25, 2014, 06:34:03 pm by NAV »
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

XXXXYYYY

• Bay Watcher
  • Been a long time.
    • View Profile
« Reply #706 on: November 25, 2014, 03:53:27 pm »

"Oh dear. Truly sorry about that. To be honest, I'm not sure how healing would interact with my magic, seeing as I didn't technically harm him, just changed his shape. I will attempt to undo my mistake and then some, when both priests are incapacitated, hopefully alive. May I have the bodies?"
If Haxes is still active, Warp his legs back into his body. Don't miss, this time. That would be bad.
If Haxes is, or is rendered, incapacitated, Warp Grundar a new set of four arms, using a FW essence.
((I look forward to having a few test subjects to test some ideas on. Heheheh))
((Also, are you gonna edit Grundar's sheet? Lacking arms is not really "Fine"))
« Last Edit: November 25, 2014, 06:46:12 pm by XXXXYYYY »
Oooooooo. I know. ClF3. That should be a fun surprise.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #707 on: November 25, 2014, 05:26:14 pm »

((@Aoshi You still do.
  @NAV Let's say yes.
  @XXXXYYYY He's a troll, they heal fast, so there are only two states, dead and fine. But I'll fix it.))
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

Crimson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #708 on: November 25, 2014, 06:18:51 pm »

((Aww, you don't want to wake the God of Chaotic Obelisk Power, Crimson?))

((Well, considering my luck I wouldn't be surprised if I instead get cursed or cause another incident so maybe at a later time when there are more shards.))

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #709 on: November 25, 2014, 06:34:01 pm »

"Oh dear. Truly sorry about that. To be honest, I'm not sure how healing would interact with my magic, seeing as I didn't technically harm him, just changed his shape. I will attempt to undo my mistake and then some, when both priests are incapacitated, hopefully alive. May I have the bodies?"
"Sorry Etszu, but I need to kill those two traitors to get their shards. I'll dig up a worm or something and make that grow huge free of charge, ok?"
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....

XXXXYYYY

• Bay Watcher
  • Been a long time.
    • View Profile
« Reply #710 on: November 25, 2014, 06:45:12 pm »

"Sorry Etszu, but I need to kill those two traitors to get their shards. I'll dig up a worm or something and make that grow huge free of charge, ok?"
"I understand. I was just going to use them as biomass containers for something anyway. Animal matter would speed  it up. A huge worm will work nearly as well. Thank you."

((Edited my action. I have a feeling that something bad would happen if I left it as is. Decided against it. Let's see where this goes!))
« Last Edit: November 25, 2014, 06:46:50 pm by XXXXYYYY »

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #711 on: November 26, 2014, 09:50:18 am »

"Well, failed spells plague even the best of us... What would you say about traveling this dangerous realm together for a while?"

"Sure, why not. I'll always welcome competent company. Anyway, I was looking if there's anything special in heart of this forest when those pests interrupted me. And sorry for my loud voice. It takes a moment getting used to it."
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #712 on: November 26, 2014, 04:19:50 pm »

"Well, failed spells plague even the best of us... What would you say about traveling this dangerous realm together for a while?"

"Sure, why not. I'll always welcome competent company. Anyway, I was looking if there's anything special in heart of this forest when those pests interrupted me. And sorry for my loud voice. It takes a moment getting used to it."

"It's fine. Well, mostly fine. Anyway, let's proceed into forest. There must have been something for the guards to emerge..."

Go further into forest with my new companion. Be prepared, but if nothing happens - craft two essences for the later use.
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #713 on: December 01, 2014, 05:26:15 pm »

Turn 44

Move near a mushroom tree so that it is in between me and the obelisks. Now, shatter one shard and see what happens.

Two more aether essences.

LUCK [3]

CMP [3+1=4]
POT [6+1=7]
CMP [4]
POT [4]

Jase continued his meditation as Crimson got up and wandered off to experiement upon magics of this plane. Carefully, he broke one of his crystals and allowed magic inside to escape and mix with natural energies of the suroundings. Shards of crystal mixed with spores of mushroom forest in a vortex, eventualy forming a ball of lose spores with ocasional crystal shard mixed in. This spore wisp seemingly entirely in harmony with the suroundings started floating away, completely ignoring Crimson.

"The name is Ishin the Chameleon, nice to meet you. The pests... well, I just stole voice from the bear that was bothering me and for some reason the treant didn't like it. And it did make me mess up my spell..." Ishin says looking down at his hands.

Touch grass with my hands and move Plant aspect back to grass.
Travel with Kahel.

-snip-
Go further into forest with my new companion. Be prepared, but if nothing happens - craft two essences for the later use.

CMP [5+1]
POT [2-1=1]

LUCK [2]

Two mages quicly befriended eachother, bonding over recent fight and history of magical accidents. Ishin atempted to return aspect of plant back to the grass, yet the grass semed reluctant to become more plant than it already was. The spell lacked power to force the aspect on the blades of grass. Soon, duo headed out deeper into the forest, Kahel leading the way, in search of whatever that was guarded by the treant. They were most certainly getting closer, as they found duo of treants, both very angry for what happened to their kin.

If Haxes is still active, Warp his legs back into his body. Don't miss, this time. That would be bad.
If Haxes is, or is rendered, incapacitated, Warp Grundar a new set of four arms, using a FW essence.
"Don't worry Grundar, I'll have you fixed in a moment."

take the sharpened stick from Haxtes.
Charge 3 healing essenses.
If either techpriest is still fighting then stab them with the spear. If they're both incapacitated then execute them and get shards.

CMP [6+1=7]
POT [5+1+1=7]

CMP [3+1=4]
POT [1+1+1=3]
CMP [4]
POT [6+1+1-1=7]
CMP [6+1-2=5]
POT [4]

James unceremoniously stabbed both techpriests in their heads, his medical knowledge being used in determinig where exactly to stab. Etszu, meanwhile, was working on fixing his earlyer mistake. Yet the soul of a researcher could not be stoped, fleshwarper could not resist the temptation of adding something experiemental. Where two arms had once been there were now four tough apendages. Yet working in unknown could also be seen, as two of the arms had talons instead of fingers, sharp and dangerous and entirely useless in manipulating anything unstabable.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 44 Mercy Killing
« Reply #714 on: December 02, 2014, 12:58:44 am »

((You recorded last turns healing essenses as summoning essenses))

"Claws, nice job."

Summon 2 growth pills for Etszu.
Reset the glass weapon to its default cube state, then press a some buttons and see what happens.
And give the sharpened stick to Grundar so he can dual wield it and the mace.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2014, 04:53:06 pm by NAV »

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #715 on: December 02, 2014, 10:03:59 am »

"What's wrong with treants here? The ones I saw my my druid grandpa were much nicer."

Try to calm them down again.
If I fail then condense Light around us into flashbang. Cover my eyes and recommend Kahel to do same. Release the light.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #716 on: December 02, 2014, 02:42:19 pm »

"Eh, just our luck."

Treats are related to trees. Trees function on sap. Sap flows close to the exterior... Assuming that scraps of knowledge, the best way to deal with them... Freeze the layer just under their thick bark hides.
If it goes well, they may crack. Badly. Add +1/0, +1/1 and two +0/1 essences for the extra science. And cover my eyes from flashbang, if possible.
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

XXXXYYYY

• Bay Watcher
  • Been a long time.
    • View Profile
« Reply #717 on: December 02, 2014, 02:54:03 pm »

"I had hoped to repay the troubleand pain I caused earlier. Good to know I did not overstep my bounds. I think I'm going to go to the forest and start a... project. Thanks for the help."
Etszu accepts the growth pills (heh), if offered. He  then sets off to the forest, making two LW essences.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #718 on: December 02, 2014, 04:44:02 pm »

Two more aether essences.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Crimson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #719 on: December 03, 2014, 05:59:40 pm »

"... That was disappointing."

Return to my previous spot and create another three force essences
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 506