Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should freshly entering mages be given +10/+10 worth of random essences?

Yes
- 19 (46.3%)
No
- 9 (22%)
It should be more than that
- 6 (14.6%)
It should be less than that
- 7 (17.1%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 506

Author Topic: Roll to Magic: Turn 268 The finish line  (Read 1176358 times)

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 44 Mercy Killing
« Reply #720 on: December 08, 2014, 04:02:58 pm »

Turn 45

Summon 2 growth pills for Etszu.
Reset the glass weapon to its default cube state, then press a some buttons and see what happens.
And give the sharpened stick to Grundar so he can dual wield it and the mace.

"I had hoped to repay the troubleand pain I caused earlier. Good to know I did not overstep my bounds. I think I'm going to go to the forest and start a... project. Thanks for the help."
Etszu accepts the growth pills (heh), if offered. He  then sets off to the forest, making two LW essences.

CMP [3+1-2=2]
POT [3+1+1=5]
CMP [4-2=2]
POT [6+1+1-1=7]
LUCK [5]

SPD [(5-1)/2+1=3]
CMP [6+1=7]
POT [1+1=2]
CMP [2]
POT [5]

As Etszu was leaving with his two pils of wild growth, James reset the glass contraption into cube form and tested out another combination of buttons, swiches and unindentifiable extrusions. Within seconds, glass cube changed shape into a sphere. A whole lot of such disapointments awaited before clockwork artifact was mastered. Grundar picked up the stick without any problems, showing quick ajustment to newly formed arms, yet his face was showed significant ammount of shock an fear. "t's allright now boss, but I'd preffer not going through anything like that again. Geting a limb merely cut off hurts a whole lot less."

Estzu, meanwhile, was heading west, towards the lush forest. Wildlife was likely in such forest, and flesh of annimal is as good as any other, thought fleshwarper as he charged another pair of essenses.

"What's wrong with treants here? The ones I saw my my druid grandpa were much nicer."

Try to calm them down again.
If I fail then condense Light around us into flashbang. Cover my eyes and recommend Kahel to do same. Release the light.

"Eh, just our luck."

Treats are related to trees. Trees function on sap. Sap flows close to the exterior... Assuming that scraps of knowledge, the best way to deal with them... Freeze the layer just under their thick bark hides.
If it goes well, they may crack. Badly. Add +1/0, +1/1 and two +0/1 essences for the extra science. And cover my eyes from flashbang, if possible.

LUCK [10] {Had it been 9 you'd be fucked}

"A pitty to lose a brother, but the ancient laws of the woods state that all creatures have right to self defence" Spoke out one treant.

"The bear just could not take such humiliation from one so small, once again, pride before the fall" Added the second.

"That being said, we still are livid at the death of our brother, and the trees you singed throw curses at you still"

"So we will ask you to leave the forest immedietly, lest we give in to anger.

Two more aether essences.
"... That was disappointing."

Return to my previous spot and create another three force essences

CMP [1+1=2]
POT [2+1=3]
CMP [5]
POT [4]

CMP [5+1=6]
POT [6+1=7]
CMP [3]
POT [6]
CMP [2+1-2=1]
POT [5+1-2=4]

Crimson, dissapointed by dormant energies of the plane returned to meditating with Jase.

« Last Edit: December 09, 2014, 03:08:55 pm by DreamerGhost »
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 45 Natural diplomat.
« Reply #721 on: December 08, 2014, 11:17:20 pm »

"Sorry about that, I'll try to not let anything like it happen again. Feel free to do whatever with those two bodies."

Summon a shovel, then dig a grave for David at the base of the tree. Try to communicate with the stubborn silent tree to see how it's doing.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2017, 10:55:19 am by NAV »
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 43 New mechanics
« Reply #722 on: December 09, 2014, 10:59:42 am »

"Well, we are better leave for now. Which way? I'm thinking about investigating that whirlpool to east from portal, it is unnatural."

Making essences, two of them. Ponder about my papyrus hands, any benefits or problems with them?
Traveling towards the whirlpool with Kahel.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2014, 09:33:27 am by AoshimaMichio »
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #723 on: December 09, 2014, 11:01:20 am »

Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

XXXXYYYY

• Bay Watcher
  • Been a long time.
    • View Profile
« Reply #724 on: December 09, 2014, 02:31:42 pm »

Searching for a suitably large tree, Etszu make 3 more FW essences.
Oooooooo. I know. ClF3. That should be a fun surprise.

poketwo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #725 on: December 09, 2014, 02:57:32 pm »

((HERE IT IS))
Name: Chrisicus Romanticarnus
Affinity: THE WARP (40K)
Description: Looks tall and lean, he focuses on the sorcery aspect of Tzeentch. He has felt the summoning of the mech to here and the mechanicus's attempt to take it back. He will need to adapt to the warp in this dimension though.
STR= 0
DEX=1
SPD=1
END=1
POT=5
« Last Edit: December 09, 2014, 04:01:19 pm by poketwo »

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #726 on: December 09, 2014, 03:43:47 pm »

"Good enough."

Two essences while travelling.
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #727 on: December 09, 2014, 04:18:48 pm »

((HERE IT IS))
Name: Chrisicus Romanticarnus
Affinity: THE WARP (40K)
Description: Looks tall and lean, he focuses on the sorcery aspect of Tzeentch. He has felt the summoning of the mech to here and the mechanicus's attempt to take it back. He will need to adapt to the warp in this dimension though.
STR= 0
DEX=1
SPD=1
END=1
POT=5

((Warp of 40k is kinda ambigious, but I'll allow it, if only becouse of all the wonderfull ways this can go wrong. You will enter the island on next tick, but you can post an action now and it will happen.))
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

Crimson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #728 on: December 09, 2014, 10:15:58 pm »

For something a bit different, extend my left hand out then try to create a solid (-1) force spear.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #729 on: December 13, 2014, 08:26:02 pm »

Turn 46

Summon a shovel, then dig a grave for David at the base of the tree. Try to communicate with the stubborn silent tree to see how it's doing.

CMP [3+1=4]
POT [5+1+1=7]
LUCK [2]
LUCK [2]

After hearing out Grundars comments about how "your hunting targets have improved boss" James remembered his now dead partner and decided that he deserved a proper burial. Yet fate seemd to mock his choices, as showel that apeared before him was made entirely out of chalk. Further atempts to reach out to the treehouse result in tree part of the treehouse growing spikes.

"Well, we are better leave for now. Which way? I'm thinking about investigating that whirlpool to east from portal, it is unnatural."

Making essences, two of them. Ponder about my papyrus hands, any benefits or problems with them?
Traveling towards the whirlpool with Kahel.

"Good enough."

Two essences while travelling.

CMP [4]
POT [1]
CMP [4]
POT [5]
SPD [(5)/2+1=3.5]
LUCK [6]

CMP [3]
POT [6]
CMP [5]
POT [6]
SPD [(2+1)/2+1=2.5]

Kahel and Ishin, deciding that further exploration of the forest might be somewhat unvise, decide to investigate unnatural whirpool in one of the lakes. Ishin, despite minor injuries managed to be the faster one, though he adjusted to Kahel as not to leave newfound friend behind. Aspect mage took the time to inspect modifications of his newforged hands. It seemed that there was some loss of felling touch, and they would probably burn better than flesh, though they did not feel pain and were just as strong.

Searching for a suitably large tree, Etszu make 3 more FW essences.

LUCK [4]
CMP [5+1=6]
POT [5+1=6]
CMP [3]
POT [1]
CMP [1-1=0]
LUCK [9]
END [4+1=5]

There were some tall trees in the forest, but none particularly massive, all but unsuited for Estzus goals. Deciding to take abreak from walking and breaking out some spellcasting Estzu opted to craft some essenses. First two came out okay, although second one was rather faint. Third exploded between fleshwarpers arms, hiting unfortunate mage in the chest, warping bone and flesh. used to the process, Estzu managed to remain concious enough to inspect the result. And the result was surprisingly usefull, as his ribs had fused into a solid shielding mass of bone that now covered his chest. So what if skin was now under the bone, it's not like it was damaged in any way.

For something a bit different, extend my left hand out then try to create a solid (-1) force spear.

CMP [4+1=5]
POT [1+1=2]
CMP [5]
POT [1]

CMP [4]
POT [6+1=7]

Jase continued meditating while Crimson continued experiementating. From movement of air he crafted a solid spear of force. It was entirely weightless, yet it was able to get force of users hands through to the target, and the tip was as sharp as if it was steel.
Chaos sorceror Chrisicus Romanticarnus entered through the portal. He would had much rather apeared near the stolen Titan, but warp was fickle and even mysteries of Tzeentch were faint here. This would be a difficult task, but rewards would be well worth it.

{If you want your collor changed just say to which one and it will be done}
« Last Edit: December 13, 2014, 09:07:14 pm by DreamerGhost »

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 46 Tzeentch is a dick
« Reply #730 on: December 13, 2014, 10:23:46 pm »

((Oh ho. I can't wait for next turn. Could be interesting.))

Two more aether essences. Need more POWAH! Also, it'll be nice to have a stockpile so I don't have to do this again anytime soon.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Crimson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #731 on: December 14, 2014, 06:41:15 am »

With that done, three force essences.

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #732 on: December 15, 2014, 05:35:47 am »

((Oh ho. I can't wait for next turn. Could be interesting.))
((Yeah.))

((We can either freeze the lake or take aspect of 'fluidity'(?)/'liquidness' from it, resulting in an easy access to the whirlpool. But the Chaos sorcerers popping out in a few meters from us doesn't sound like a very good news.))
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #733 on: December 15, 2014, 09:40:01 am »

Try to sense what the tree's angry about and why it's acting this way. And try to convince it to retract it's spikes.
Summon an iron shovel. Craft summoning essence.

And a question about my nature runes. Can I use the POT bonus conditionally, like "If the POT roll is less than 4, use nature runes to bring it up to 4.", or do I have to declare how much POT I'm using before the spell, like an essence?
Also, can I use the runes to increase CMP instead of POT?

((LOL, James is using pot plants.))
« Last Edit: December 15, 2014, 10:07:10 am by NAV »
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

poketwo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #734 on: December 15, 2014, 09:42:36 am »

Go and investigate the warp in this area. It is always a must for the non-insane sorcerers of Tzeentch
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 506