Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should freshly entering mages be given +10/+10 worth of random essences?

Yes
- 19 (46.3%)
No
- 9 (22%)
It should be more than that
- 6 (14.6%)
It should be less than that
- 7 (17.1%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Pages: 1 ... 482 483 [484] 485 486 ... 506

Author Topic: Roll to Magic: Turn 268 The finish line  (Read 1182524 times)

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 247 Looting gem and bone
« Reply #7245 on: May 18, 2017, 07:29:22 pm »

Sorry folks, I found a really interesting story and next thing I knew it was three in the morning. The update will be delayed until tomorrow.
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7246 on: May 19, 2017, 05:20:50 pm »

Sorry folks, I found a really interesting story and next thing I knew it was three in the morning. The update will be delayed until tomorrow.
What was the story?
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7247 on: May 19, 2017, 07:31:57 pm »

Turn 248

Doktor Diabolical:

"Alright, let's see what we can do with all this..."

Doktor Diabolical orders the factory to create a laser array robot, that is, a large spider robot that bombards foes with powerful lasers. He helps along the construction using 2 +1/+1 essences, then makes 2 essences to replace them. Meanwhile, miner keeps mining, prospector keeps prospecting, hauler keeps hauling.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Although the factory was created to take the task of building bots off his hands, Doctor still felt the need to add his power to making this one. It would be his first proper combat bot. After the factory finished with noises of bending metal, a spider like bot walked out. On its back rested a laser turret and its hull was pale blue from mixed in adamantine. The miners were busy digging enough stuff for more of these.

Obtain the sword and examine it more closely. Then proceed to summon the warrior's soul into the spirit lantern, homing in on its connection with the blade and its skeletal remains to locate it. Meanwhile, have the hydra dig up another grave.

+2 essences   

The sword was nothing special besides decent craftsmanship, but it was still useful. It was fortunate to find such burial sites for necromancers, as usually the soul was connected either to a body or an object important to the person. With graves like this, calling back a soul was almost trivial. Which really helped, as Redrum found his power barely sufficient to pull the soul back into the world and then into the lantern. Hydra meanwhile unearthed another corpse, this one without any metal bits but with some extra tattered cloth.

Continue onward and form 2 essences.

As it turned out, the snowstorm was not particularly natural and also quite contained. Cuberac found this out as the snow suddenly disappeared from his sight and was instead replaced by a clear sight of some sort of cave. It was too angular to be entirely natural, and was also really close, just a few steps away. From inside could be heard snoring as loud as a flowing avalanche.

Walk into the ruby tower, explaining that I am part of the dungeon maintenance crew. Should this fail, resort to wind blade on skeleton violence.

If the skeletons think something of Skeliborn's story, they do not reveal it. Their hands flare with sorcery as he comes closer, ready to cast if he takes but another step. Negotiations failed, Skeliborn went for plan B which resulted in both guarding skeletons becoming shorter by half as their spines were severed. Surprisingly, this impeded them only slightly and Skeliborn was forced to dodge fireballs.

Accompany him, attempting to look presentable while maintaining a safe way out and keeping him in front. When If it fails, stay back, switch the stiletto to a mace and have at them at range.

Seeing that the plan unsurprisingly failed, Gambler send his stiletto into the skull of one of the skeletons. Usually not a particularly useful weapon against bone, the stiletto more pushed the skull than broke it, but it pushed it into a ruby spike on the Tower's wall which caused the skull to spontaneously turn to ash. Gambler made a note to himself to not touch the ruby spikes.

try to make the trap into the shape of a bird, so that the treasure bird can wear it instead of being trapped by it

The thing about birds is that they are very light, which allows them to fly. The thing about silver is that it is a metal and therefore heavy. The end result is a treasure bird pinned to the ground by a silver replica of itself wrapped around it.

Three essences.

Magus continued gathering power.

Reposition factory device, retry gravity aura, intending just to affect the flowing poison. 2 +1 cmp essences (or equivalent non-chaotic essences)

Chorkinaan tried again at gathering the poison, not satisfied with the amount he already had. But this time he used less power, even if the mushroom had already fallen it could still roll if he made an accident. Poison gathered slowly within his container as Chorkinaan himself watched the mushroom. It remained still.

Four essences, then finish walking around the Tower. If nothing happens, wander inside. There are still many mysteries to unravel.

Ao returned to the corridors of the Tower and began walking. Walking was good. It led both the body and mind to new places. In this case, it led the body to the library where the mind caught onto a tome named "Encyclopedia of magical weapons:Swords". It seems that someone found enough time to make a catalog of all swords which had enough magic in them to get a name, or at least a designation.

Spoiler: Map (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 20, 2017, 08:52:37 am by DreamerGhost »
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7248 on: May 19, 2017, 07:35:29 pm »

What was the story?

Sweet Child, Good Hunter. RWBY/Bloodborne crossover with "Jaune" as MC. It's in parenthesis since Cannon Jaune and crossover Jaune are nothing alike. No actual smut in the quest but it can be found on NSFW section of Questionable Questing. Lots of murder though.

star2wars3

• Bay Watcher
  • Join The Dark Side!
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 248 Legitimate workers
« Reply #7249 on: May 19, 2017, 07:45:32 pm »

((DG, you forgot to include my new +1 ring of luck in your calculations for my luck roll.))
((Batshit evil, pessimistic neutral and clumsy good cover nearly entire spectrum. Sadly, but optimists are a rare breed, that is currently running into extinction.))
((That tends to happen when you're optimistic enough to wait out the apocalypse. I wish them plenty of luck, but chances are they'll need it.))

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7250 on: May 19, 2017, 08:17:51 pm »

((DG, you forgot to include my new +1 ring of luck in your calculations for my luck roll.))

Usually, this would matter as the skeletons would start talking about how they did or didn't call anyone, giving them an autofail on dodging your attack. But they rolled a 1, so nothing really changes.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7251 on: May 19, 2017, 08:57:56 pm »

Wander NNW looking for a person or interesting thing
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

XXXXYYYY

• Bay Watcher
  • Been a long time.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7252 on: May 19, 2017, 09:01:38 pm »

Accompany him, attempting to look presentable while maintaining a safe way out and keeping him in front. When If it fails, stay back, switch the stiletto to a mace and have at them at range.
{Uh, mace?}
((At the time, I was thinking that weapon-to-weapon shifting from the Animate modifier was a bit broader than it probably is. On second thought, a mace might be a bit too different. Would it be possible to simply disregard that part?))
Oooooooo. I know. ClF3. That should be a fun surprise.

Prismatic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7253 on: May 20, 2017, 08:50:58 am »

Interrogate the swordsman's soul. Find out who it was in life and see what it can reveal about this world and its civilizations in times gone by.

---

Redrum sets his screaming lantern amidst the weeds as he reaches into the freshly-unearthed grave, returning with the late resident's skull and an assortment of miscellaneous bones. These he arranges in an intricate pattern around the spirit lantern, forming a spell circle beneath its unearthly glow. The flame seems to grow in anticipation.

Begin a ritual, melding together bones from the *second grave to create a gauntlet imbued to grant its wearer the power to permanently bind the undead to their will (passive AoE ability).

((I'm dedicating all the ritual power to this single purpose. Hoping to produce an artifact capable of granting power especially over intelligent undead (vampires, gravekeepers, etc) should I encounter or summon them. Also to eliminate the risk of zombie slaves escaping from badly-cast bonds. AoE desired for swarm control.))

sacrifices:
1) the ex-gravekeeper's soul
2) the black ooze charged with necromantic energy
3) the skull from *the grave unearthed by the hydra

ritual focus:
the spirit lantern, which contains two of the sacrifices

Begin with an immediate 5[+1/+1] boost.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7254 on: May 20, 2017, 08:53:12 am »

{Uh, mace?}
((At the time, I was thinking that weapon-to-weapon shifting from the Animate modifier was a bit broader than it probably is. On second thought, a mace might be a bit too different. Would it be possible to simply disregard that part?))
((Done))

Zormod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7255 on: May 20, 2017, 12:39:33 pm »

Enter the cave. Watch out for any noise making traps.

XXXXYYYY

• Bay Watcher
  • Been a long time.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7256 on: May 20, 2017, 03:58:29 pm »

Strike the other skeleton. Avoid any fireballs that happen to come near.
((Also, I noticed that the original stiletto was not removed from my sheet.))
Oooooooo. I know. ClF3. That should be a fun surprise.

star2wars3

• Bay Watcher
  • Join The Dark Side!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7257 on: May 20, 2017, 06:20:55 pm »

Throw the other skeleton into a ruby Spike once gamblers action is completed. If the skeleton is dead at this point, sever a ruby Spike from the ruby towers by cutting through it with Vortex Bane. Time for the near indestructible sword to test what it's made of
((Batshit evil, pessimistic neutral and clumsy good cover nearly entire spectrum. Sadly, but optimists are a rare breed, that is currently running into extinction.))
((That tends to happen when you're optimistic enough to wait out the apocalypse. I wish them plenty of luck, but chances are they'll need it.))

DAPARROT

• Bay Watcher
  • More parrots
    • View Profile
« Reply #7258 on: May 20, 2017, 08:22:29 pm »

give the silver bird armor thing the ability to fly, and make it respond to the treasure birds movements, so that it can fly again
I should probably introduce the actual plot soon
7/11 guy, bringer of the apocabeepse. Uplifter of threads. Herald of the hive.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7259 on: May 22, 2017, 08:53:37 am »

"Excellent... excellent! Soon all shall know the diabolicalness of DOKTOR DIABOLICAL! Ahem. Ham must be reserved for the enemy."

3 essences. Robots continue doing what they're doing. Laser robot stands guard.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.
Pages: 1 ... 482 483 [484] 485 486 ... 506