Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should freshly entering mages be given +10/+10 worth of random essences?

Yes
- 19 (46.3%)
No
- 9 (22%)
It should be more than that
- 6 (14.6%)
It should be less than that
- 7 (17.1%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Pages: 1 ... 483 484 [485] 486 487 ... 506

Author Topic: Roll to Magic: Turn 268 The finish line  (Read 1179712 times)

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 248 Legitimate workers
« Reply #7260 on: May 22, 2017, 03:39:43 pm »

Due to crunch time before oncoming exams, today's update will be skipped entirely.
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 248 Legitimate workers
« Reply #7261 on: May 25, 2017, 07:54:37 pm »

Turn 249

Wander NNW looking for a person or interesting thing

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

James wandered from mountain to mountain, looking for something of interest. It almost felt that something of interest found him, as James literally tripped over his newest finding. It turned out that what looked like an entirely kickable rock was in fact an edge of a brass chest. It took a bit to get it out of the earth, but James managed it. Instead of a lock there was an emblem on the chest, it featured a skull of a goat surrounded by a pentagram. With brass, it clearly marked the chest as demonic, but there were still many things it could contain.

Interrogate the swordsman's soul. Find out who it was in life and see what it can reveal about this world and its civilizations in times gone by.

---

Redrum sets his screaming lantern amidst the weeds as he reaches into the freshly-unearthed grave, returning with the late resident's skull and an assortment of miscellaneous bones. These he arranges in an intricate pattern around the spirit lantern, forming a spell circle beneath its unearthly glow. The flame seems to grow in anticipation.

Begin a ritual, melding together bones from the *second grave to create a gauntlet imbued to grant its wearer the power to permanently bind the undead to their will (passive AoE ability).

((I'm dedicating all the ritual power to this single purpose. Hoping to produce an artifact capable of granting power especially over intelligent undead (vampires, gravekeepers, etc) should I encounter or summon them. Also to eliminate the risk of zombie slaves escaping from badly-cast bonds. AoE desired for swarm control.))

sacrifices:
1) the ex-gravekeeper's soul
2) the black ooze charged with necromantic energy
3) the skull from *the grave unearthed by the hydra

ritual focus:
the spirit lantern, which contains two of the sacrifices

Begin with an immediate 5[+1/+1] boost.

The warrior in the lantern was mostly just screaming insults. Redrum tried poking some pain into the livid soul, but it merely increased the volume. This was about as much as Redrum was willing to take, the undead were not here to give him the lip, they were here to serve and he was not going to lower himself to telling this to each of them separately. A ritual was formed and began drawing in power to end this disobedience forever.

Enter the cave. Watch out for any noise making traps.

Cuberac carefully sneaked inside the cave, careful to not make any noise. Inside, he soon found the source of the source of the snoring. A huge creature with thick fur was sleeping, it looked like some sort of mix between a centaur and a mammoth. Next to it rested an appropriately massive glaive and several bundles of what seemed to be meat. Then there was a scratching sound, and a pile of snow behind Cuberac unfolded into a white wolf and yawned.

Strike the other skeleton. Avoid any fireballs that happen to come near.
((Also, I noticed that the original stiletto was not removed from my sheet.))

This time the stiletto struck as the skeleton was charging up a spell. It smacked into the hand holding the growing fireball, causing it to explode and set the skeleton on fire. It struggled briefly before collapsing in a pile of unconnected bones.

Throw the other skeleton into a ruby Spike once gamblers action is completed. If the skeleton is dead at this point, sever a ruby Spike from the ruby towers by cutting through it with Vortex Bane. Time for the near indestructible sword to test what it's made of

Skeliborn, seeing that the second skeleton was also taken care of, attempted to sever one of the obviously magical ruby spikes with Vortex Bane. There were sparks and flames where the sword struck, but the crystal held. It was surprisingly tough, probably held together by the very same magic that torched the skeleton. The entire tower was probably magically fortified.

give the silver bird armor thing the ability to fly, and make it respond to the treasure birds movements, so that it can fly again

The armor already looked bird shaped, making it bird enough to fly couldn't be that hard, right? Apparently it was, as although the treasure bird once more became flight capable, it had to flap it's wings far more to rise into the air and tired easily. But it could fly again, and that was what mattered.

"Excellent... excellent! Soon all shall know the diabolicalness of DOKTOR DIABOLICAL! Ahem. Ham must be reserved for the enemy."

3 essences. Robots continue doing what they're doing. Laser robot stands guard.

With the prototype done, the Doktor had reached the most dreaded part of action - waiting. There was practically nothing useful for him to do. Doktor conjured some power to keep him distracted for a while.

Spoiler: Map (click to show/hide)
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 249 Dark Lord Rises
« Reply #7262 on: May 25, 2017, 07:56:28 pm »

I hate doing this after a missed turn but it is too late in the morning, I'm going to sleep.

PM's come tomorrow.

star2wars3

• Bay Watcher
  • Join The Dark Side!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7263 on: May 25, 2017, 10:17:29 pm »

Check For Weak Points/Hidden Levers/Hidden Doors On The Tower. If I find something, smack it with Vortex Bane and see what happens
« Last Edit: May 26, 2017, 09:44:18 pm by star2wars3 »
((Batshit evil, pessimistic neutral and clumsy good cover nearly entire spectrum. Sadly, but optimists are a rare breed, that is currently running into extinction.))
((That tends to happen when you're optimistic enough to wait out the apocalypse. I wish them plenty of luck, but chances are they'll need it.))

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7264 on: May 25, 2017, 10:25:08 pm »

((NAV, Viznor should be available soonish if you want the demonic chest identified. I say "soonish" because I'm still on my way out of a monster-infested area, but I should be clear pretty soon, if not this turn once PMs are in.))

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7265 on: May 26, 2017, 11:20:36 am »

Doktor Diabolical:

"Actually, isn't there something I can do now for my Diabolical master plan?"

PM action, for once.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Zormod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7266 on: May 26, 2017, 01:51:39 pm »

Back out of the cave. Check to see if the wolf follows me.

Prismatic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7267 on: May 26, 2017, 04:47:32 pm »

((The aspiring Dark Lord approves of this turn's title.))

Continue the ritual, shooting 2[+1POT], [chaotic +2/+2], [chaotic +2/+1], [+1CMP] into the power stream.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7268 on: May 26, 2017, 06:29:29 pm »

Also, since I was reminded, Skeliborn's/star2wars3 sword Vortex Bane has turned into a baguette.

star2wars3

• Bay Watcher
  • Join The Dark Side!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7269 on: May 26, 2017, 09:20:59 pm »

Also, since I was reminded, Skeliborn's/star2wars3 sword Vortex Bane has turned into a baguette.
((Does the sword not get its own endurance/ whatever the magic resist equivalence is roll? I mean I thought I enchanted it to make it nearly impossible to enchant without my say so.

I mean if not let me just say this, I am going to make whoever made this happen turn my sword back or else stuff my magic baguette down their throat. (P.S.) Magic Wand (In English) = Magic Baguette (In French)

Edit 1: Gloomier, was this you? You've been shadow running at least for the past turn or two and your last known location is definitely close enough that you could get in range. I don't want to wrongly accuse you of anything but my sword wasn't a bread stick until after the pms were dealt with from what I can tell and this kind of seems like some sort of curse.

Edit 2:
Summon Vortex Bane From The Past

5 blade essences +1/+1
« Last Edit: May 28, 2017, 02:50:35 pm by star2wars3 »
((Batshit evil, pessimistic neutral and clumsy good cover nearly entire spectrum. Sadly, but optimists are a rare breed, that is currently running into extinction.))
((That tends to happen when you're optimistic enough to wait out the apocalypse. I wish them plenty of luck, but chances are they'll need it.))

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7270 on: May 27, 2017, 12:25:32 pm »

Threeee essencesss...Wander the tower.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2017, 12:28:30 pm by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7271 on: May 27, 2017, 12:38:53 pm »

Open the chest with my protective glass gauntlet. Be careful in case it's a mimic.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Prismatic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7272 on: May 27, 2017, 01:06:38 pm »

((This is the most amusing thing I've read all day.))

star2wars3

• Bay Watcher
  • Join The Dark Side!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7273 on: May 27, 2017, 10:43:39 pm »

((At this point, I'm not sure if dg hasn't seen my edited action or if it's actually a reasonable idea.

Also if that is just a transformation then vortex Bane could still be an unbreakable nearly unmagicable baguette))
« Last Edit: May 27, 2017, 10:45:24 pm by star2wars3 »

XXXXYYYY

• Bay Watcher
  • Been a long time.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7274 on: May 28, 2017, 02:58:11 pm »

Increase the chance Skelliborn's spell goes correctly and is correctly temporally targeted (+2/+1 essence, 2 +1/+2 essences, and a +1 POT essence). Then, flicker through the mage-seeing orb to look at any nearby mages or those with the correct affinities to influence a sword in that manner.
Oooooooo. I know. ClF3. That should be a fun surprise.
Pages: 1 ... 483 484 [485] 486 487 ... 506