Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should freshly entering mages be given +10/+10 worth of random essences?

Yes
- 19 (46.3%)
No
- 9 (22%)
It should be more than that
- 6 (14.6%)
It should be less than that
- 7 (17.1%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Pages: 1 ... 488 489 [490] 491 492 ... 506

Author Topic: Roll to Magic: Turn 268 The finish line  (Read 1177325 times)

XXXXYYYY

• Bay Watcher
  • Been a long time.
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 251 Back again
« Reply #7335 on: July 07, 2017, 03:25:08 pm »

Say... DG, how many shards is a god worth? [...] Good luck and godspeed, gentlemen.
((I want to take this opportunity to thank you, DG, for running this game. It's been a blast.))
"A portal would work, in the short term. It will, at the very least, buy time."
Book it to the tower. Enchant the glass shield to divert the randomly aimed divine bolts away from our positions. Use a +2/+2, +1/+2, and chaotic +2/+1, and pull from the random fluctuations in the Aether for as much additional power as possible.

{You are going to need to at least physically get to the font to use it.

Gods are worth a lot. I'm thinking either twenty five or fifty, depending on how hard I make to bring one down.}

{Also, if you change your action, please cross out the previous one.}
((I think you might have dropped my action.))
Oooooooo. I know. ClF3. That should be a fun surprise.

DAPARROT

• Bay Watcher
  • More parrots
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 252 Begining of the end
« Reply #7336 on: July 07, 2017, 05:07:03 pm »

Get to the surface with my minions, bringing anything interesting they found, make 2 essences
I should probably introduce the actual plot soon
7/11 guy, bringer of the apocabeepse. Uplifter of threads. Herald of the hive.

Rautherdir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7337 on: July 07, 2017, 05:18:04 pm »

Summon a wolf and direct it to hunt down a font of magic.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7338 on: July 07, 2017, 07:09:51 pm »

Say... DG, how many shards is a god worth? [...] Good luck and godspeed, gentlemen.
((I want to take this opportunity to thank you, DG, for running this game. It's been a blast.))
"A portal would work, in the short term. It will, at the very least, buy time."
Book it to the tower. Enchant the glass shield to divert the randomly aimed divine bolts away from our positions. Use a +2/+2, +1/+2, and chaotic +2/+1, and pull from the random fluctuations in the Aether for as much additional power as possible.

{You are going to need to at least physically get to the font to use it.

Gods are worth a lot. I'm thinking either twenty five or fifty, depending on how hard I make to bring one down.}

{Also, if you change your action, please cross out the previous one.}
((I think you might have dropped my action.))

I rolled for you running to the tower and you didn't make it. Since you haven't got a glass shield, I figured that you meant something inside the tower, which again, you haven't reached.

A god is worth one remnant of divinity. One makes you a demigod, two allow you to ascend. But after becoming a demigod you can ascend without getting the second fragment in other ways.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2017, 07:39:05 pm by DreamerGhost »
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

Prismatic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7339 on: July 08, 2017, 06:21:34 am »

((Ah, fair enough.))

Well, as long as the passive AoE effect's been worked in, the artifact's quite sufficient as is, but I suppose it wouldn't hurt to give the ritual one last blast of power before ending it.

Once the ritual's complete, don the gauntlet and test it by interrogating the warrior spirit again. Then mount the hydra and head northeast, making 2 essences.

XXXXYYYY

• Bay Watcher
  • Been a long time.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7340 on: July 08, 2017, 08:19:53 am »

I rolled for you running to the tower and you didn't make it. Since you haven't got a glass shield, I figured that you meant something inside the tower, which again, you haven't reached.

A god is worth one remnant of divinity. One makes you a demigod, two allow you to ascend. But after becoming a demigod you can ascend without getting the second fragment in other ways.
((I thought I did? There's one, at least, on my charsheet. I made it a while back (on turn 231) for a ritual and didn't end up using it, IIRC.))
« Last Edit: July 08, 2017, 08:39:28 am by XXXXYYYY »

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7341 on: July 08, 2017, 04:34:10 pm »

((I thought I did? There's one, at least, on my charsheet. I made it a while back (on turn 231) for a ritual and didn't end up using it, IIRC.))

Ok, so, the most memorable part of your forum name is that it is in all caps and has sorta repetitive pattern. ATHATH is also in all caps and has a repetitive pattern. I was really sleepy and mixed the two up. It's fixed now.
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7342 on: July 08, 2017, 04:45:40 pm »

ALL CAPS UNITE FTW!
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7343 on: July 08, 2017, 05:32:28 pm »

Yours is not repetitive.

star2wars3

• Bay Watcher
  • Join The Dark Side!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7344 on: July 08, 2017, 10:56:26 pm »

Continue to the tower
3 essences
((Batshit evil, pessimistic neutral and clumsy good cover nearly entire spectrum. Sadly, but optimists are a rare breed, that is currently running into extinction.))
((That tends to happen when you're optimistic enough to wait out the apocalypse. I wish them plenty of luck, but chances are they'll need it.))

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7345 on: July 09, 2017, 02:39:10 am »

Ok, so, the most memorable part of your forum name is that it is in all caps and has sorta repetitive pattern. ATHATH is also in all caps and has a repetitive pattern. I was really sleepy and mixed the two up. It's fixed now.
Man, I'm good. My mere presence can now cause games to break in minor ways.
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7346 on: July 09, 2017, 12:04:04 pm »

So just as a general reminder the schedule for turns is Monday/Thursday. It could be Sunday/Thursday, but I usually eat a lot on Sundays and feel lazy for the whole day afterwards.

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #7347 on: July 10, 2017, 12:45:52 am »

"Very interesting..."

Endurance buff with Chaotic essences +5/+5, then try to conquer read the fencing book. Surely, such attitude must guard some secrets!
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

XXXXYYYY

• Bay Watcher
  • Been a long time.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7348 on: July 10, 2017, 02:12:49 pm »

Finish up the trip to the tower. Three essences.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7349 on: July 10, 2017, 09:02:39 pm »

Turn 253

"I don't want to fight you. I will not."

I think you forgot my +1 to end?

Anyway, activate my new smoke torch and run away again. Around the marked hex. And block any more attacks with my gauntlet switched to shield mode.

{So I did, my bad. Not really any difference there, the kick was more there to show that you failed to run away.}

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

James gripped his newfound torch firmly and swiftly rushed away. Something heavy flew by somewhere to his right, possibly the angel, but James continued running and no more stone statues stood in his way. He ran in a half circle, avoiding the area where smaller rocks began floating up in the air, knowing the danger that it meant. Even if it meant not reaching the tower as soon as he'd like, James wasn't going to go there.

((Doktor Diabolical could manage it, but he has an earth spirit to deal with. Also, it's far away from him.))

Doktor Diabolical:

"How dare you mess with my mining operation! Dia-bots, attack!"

If it's an earth spirit, it should be vulnerable to the miner attacking it. The miner attacks it. That'll be followed up by a laser from the adamantine spider combat drone. Since Doktor Diabolical himself isn't fighting, he can make 3 essences.

Doktor sent his bots to deal with the earth spirit, some of them were built specifically for this kind of stuff after all. Laser droid reacted first and fired a beam at the earth spirit. Unfortunately, earth spirit split as the laser was powering up, making it pierce only air. Miner bot was more successful, it managed to punch the spirit, trapping a chunk of it in ice and dodge the retaliation blow.

Head southeast, send my eyecube out to find a god.

{The gods are not on the island. They are in a realm above the island (Not just geometrically above) and are throwing annihilation at everything below.}

Cuberac decided that this place was not a good place to stay. Not only the weather would kill him before long, the wind and snow slowed him down considerably, making any dodging of divine wrath rather difficult. The slog back was significantly easier, but it still took him far too long to get away from the worst of the snowstorm.

Get to the surface with my minions, bringing anything interesting they found, make 2 essences

Seva paused once he reached the surface and looked over what he had found. There was the emerald, two golden rings, the key and a big pile of possibly magical mud. The mud might contain something, but that would require something to sift through it. And there might not be enough time for that.

Summon a wolf and direct it to hunt down a font of magic.

Shariin knew wolves well. He knew, for example, that there were extremely numerous species of wolves, for example, those capable of seeking out magic. He called through the wilds of unreality and before him appeared a young spellwolf pup. Adorable, but unfortunately, incapable of smelling magic like an adult of the species would be able.

((Ah, fair enough.))

Well, as long as the passive AoE effect's been worked in, the artifact's quite sufficient as is, but I suppose it wouldn't hurt to give the ritual one last blast of power before ending it.

Once the ritual's complete, don the gauntlet and test it by interrogating the warrior spirit again. Then mount the hydra and head northeast, making 2 essences.

Redrum finished the ritual and shattered the construct of collected energy with his hand. The pieces scattered, but as if magnetized, returned and gathered on his hand into a bone white gauntlet. It had sharpened fingers and was pretty sturdy, but those were secondary to the enchantments on it to dominate undead. The warrior began swearing more as Redrum approached, but as he asked questions the stream of curses was parted by information. Long time ago, he was a leader of a band of mercenaries. They were hired by a baron to deal with a base of bandits in some forest but when time came to pay up the baron betrayed them. The mercenaries won and burned the baron's manor to the ground with the fat bastard in it. The dead soldier himself was hit by an arrow to the eye, surviving the wound but not infection. He was then buried by his band, who then vowed on the grave to only take jobs with pay up front.

Continue to the tower
3 essences

Skeliborn arrived at the tower, whatever happened he was probably in the best place to get involved. Although the purple walls that previously provided safety in the face of adversity, what could they do against this new onslaught?

"Very interesting..."

Endurance buff with Chaotic essences +5/+5, then try to conquer read the fencing book. Surely, such attitude must guard some secrets!

Stabbing the book risked damaging it, so Ao went for the next best thing. A touch of magic saw his skin turn into hard scales, tough enough to resist the tiny sharpened edges of the stabby book. Grabbing it however, proved slightly more of a challenge. For something supposed to be immobile it was far to energetic and slippery. The scales worked, the tome left only scratches that were swiftly healed by the Tower, but flipping the book open was still a struggle.

Finish up the trip to the tower. Three essences.

Gambler entered the tower slightly before Skeliborn and began gathering power. They would need a lot of luck to pull this off... Or he'd need a lot of luck to come out on top. Either way, it would be useful in near future.

A beam of light fell from the heavens and pierced straight through the earth. Shadows moved and shifted as brightness of the sun descended on the island. No sound could be heard, even those that were caused by other sources disappeared. And then the light moved on, leaving a gaping hole with no visible bottom.

« Last Edit: July 13, 2017, 11:45:12 am by DreamerGhost »
Pages: 1 ... 488 489 [490] 491 492 ... 506